• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hello, I have been playing the mod for quite some time and am loving it very much! I'm pretty sure that what I have to report here is a bug because it stops your character from declaring wars other than establish tributary states.
The thing is, I'm playing as a tribal pagan (Lughite, Welsh character because I love Welsh archery focus and celtic culture/religion) and once I embrace slavery law I lose the ability to all cassus belli that I had before changing this particular law.
Any help is apprecciated!
Thank you!

Can you type charinfo in console and see what code name your slavery law is?

I have an available decision called "Worship the Ancestors" and the conditions to fire are:
- (*) At Peace
- (*) Has an unoccupied demesne county or barony
- (X) Is NOT in Hiding, in Seclusion, out traveling, or otherwise occupied with important business
- (*) Is NOT busy with Feasting, Hunting, Travel, or other Special Activities
- (*) Has not performed a sacrifice to the ancestors in the last 10 years.

So, apparently, I'm busy either hiding, in seclusion, out traveling or otherwise occupied with important businesses???
Even though I am simply raiding my neighbours for money, building up my authority and gold pile.
Maybe it has something to do with this mysterious modifier?

Appreciate all the help!

It appears that A. I can't ask anyone to convert B. There's no head of my religion and C. It doesn't recognize B'nai Yisrael as part of the Jewish religion group. I'm not sure what the bug is here, but reforming seems to cause problems.

Additionally, it appeared that I had access to non-Jewish religious group reforms, such as ones that reference Perun, Ukko, and other non Abrahamic Deities. What's up with this?

Attachments

• No Head of Religion.PNG
    No Head of Religion.PNG
    467,7 KB · Views: 0
  • Can't keep building the Great Temple.PNG
    Can't keep building the Great Temple.PNG
    875,5 KB · Views: 0
Thanks for the reports. I'll look into these. Some of it might be because items are still in progress of updating.

I noticed that all city vassals with religion that allows either classical or oriental goverments use them instead of republic one, and it would be ok if this didn't prevent many religions from using their bonuses (and maluses) to city vassals, I think it is pretty major mistake so I went around to hopefuly fix it (attached file); With my changes you can have city as primary holding but only if your first granted holding was castle (and is higher tier than baron), it also allows those governments to finally form new merchant republic vassals!

BTW what's the deal with "has_law = messianic_power_0" (0 or any other law number) for oriental gov?

Attachments

• feudal_governments.txt
    17,6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Hey, thanks! I'll slide that into the Git later today.

Those are the religion based laws which give different modifiers and such. 0 is just where the old devs chose to start numbering at.

Weird, can you charinfo in console and give me their IDs?

I am having an issue where broken portraits will simply cease to display, instead showing either static, a black circle, or an empty circle. I had issues with duplicate eyes and whatnot as well, but I wouldn't complain normally because I don't really care about how the characters look, but the newer issues, which crop up when playing as a middle-eastern character actively impact gameplay because I can't interact with the portraits, which prevents me from, say, declaring war.
1591936916262.png

While I wasn't having issues with this in an ERE game, now that I am actually playing as an ethnically middle-eastern character it seems to spread that un-interactable portrait around to areas beyond just here.

Weird... I'll try to figure it out, but I am not good with interface and portrait stuff

You could try using BLG perhaps?

I would try to fix it if I could :)

I noticed that beelishemite (I hope I wrote it right) have "city_levy_size" instead of "city_vassal_min_levy" (to make it consistent)

Other two things are related to balance, so not realy a bug but I suppose I can point them out; first fort modifiers from porvince religion modifiers are realy strong making sieges take painfuly long, I personaly lowered them to be only 20% of original value; the second thing is that revolt risk is realy high in the mod especialy from low stats modifier, I understand that maybe realm is supposed to crumble under weak ruler but it is a bit too much for me (even thought I set my revolt rule to rare) especialy since I crushed dozen of them, so I lowered low diplo and low intrigue impact on it and increased default modifiers applied after revolt is curshed.

Other than that some "modernisation" of mod code, bug hunting and improvements to province set up in some regions (to make them less blocky) and the mod would be perfect!

Last edited:
I was able to hunt down the bug that prevented rulers from using cassus belli other than "establish tributaries". There is a decision called "hold_great_tribal_festival" that calls the event HF.23800 but the event doesn't exist on the mods folders so the event HF.23806 that clears up the flag never gets called and the character stays with the "occupied with something" flag forever after, preventing all kinds of interactions and cassus belli.
Might want to check this out.
Cheers!

Here it is...

Attachments

• HF_tribal_events.txt
    169,8 KB · Views: 0
  • 1Like
Reactions: