• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
thats really confusing xd

Sure is! I just err on the side of caution so when the two rules conflict, I follow the stricter one.

You want have your unlanded and unmarried Pagan sons have high prestige so they can get great spouses. Here is how.

(Gift) Invite highborn girls, Khagan's daughters are easy to be invited. Safe your slain enemy rulers' adult daughters. Keep their child daughters too. They will become adults someday.

Give three them to your first son as concubines, take them, set them aside, give them to your second son, and so on. When done, move to next three.

All your sons, and you too, collect thousands of prestige easily.

P.S. It's all done instantly as ceremonial purpose only. There were no dishonorable mating behaviors involved. The noble women were all free of bondage before the dinner.

Sorry if any of this was posted before, but:

The Intrigue modifiers and trait all make you more successful at abductions with the devil worshippers and Assassins. They also make people who try to abduct you less successful. The effect increases for each step, i.e. first modifier is good, second modifier better, the trait best.

They also increase the chance of good results from using the Spy On decision while on the Intrigue focus.

-----

In addition to the secret seduction option for the Master Seducer/Seductress trait, each step of modifier and trait increases your success chance at seduction. So in the same circumstances, an Aspiring Seducer is more likely to succeed than someone with no modifier, a Seducer even more, and a Master Seducer yet more (independently of the secret seduction option).

The Court Tomcat modifier massively decreases the risk of a spouse discovering that his wife's child is a bastard.

---

The Diligent trait has a positive influence on more things than I could write down, for example reducing the MTTH (mean time to happen) of prosperity events by 10%.

---

Administrator, Architect, Gardener, and Scholar all reduce the MTTH of prosperity events, and increase the chance of better outcomes from them. So do the level 3 and 4 education traits in Stewardship. Level 3 or 4 Diplomacy and Learning educations also reduce the MTTH, but do not increase the chance of better outcomes.

---

Using a handgun in duels greatly increases the chance of killing your opponent, while decreasing the risk of bad outcomes for yourself.

---

Getting the gathering of the minds event as a Hermetic (the one where you can build an invention) only requires rank 2, but you must have built a laboratory.

---

If your graphical culture is bear, you can eat prisoners regardless of traits, and without getting the Crazy Cannibal modifier or getting the Lunatic trait. This allows you to absorb positive traits from prisoners without risking anything more than food poisoning. The bear event chain suddenly becomes useful. :)

Last edited:
•Keep in mind that Gavelkind reverts to primogeniture if you have no living sons. (Even if you don't have the needed legalism level to adopt late Feudalism and adopt primo.)

I wrote a little write-up on the basics of the duel system on another forum - I figured I'll repost it here. :)

I said:
The duel system is very complicated, but the basics to maximize your chance of good outcomes and minimizing the chance of bad outcomes is:

For you:
- Have a PCS of 105 or higher.

For them:
- Have a PCS below zero.

Between the two of you:
- Have a PCS at least 55 higher than your opponent.

This is because fighters are evaluated both on their level of skill individually without reference to the other, and also in comparison to each other. Both your own PCS and the difference between the two of your PCSs influence the outcome, so a fight between PCSs at -25 and 25 and another between PCSs at 25 and 75 may turn out very differently, even though the difference is the same.

There are many hidden factors that influence the duel result score, for example your relationship and certain traits, so ideally you want more than 55 above your opponent.

Things you can do to skew things even further in your favor:
- Use poison. You need 12 Intrigue for this. Ideally you want higher Intrigue than them, or the poison may fail. If they have a Spymaster with at least 15 opinion of them they can use his Intrigue vs. yours as well, so be alert for that.
- Use a gun. If you use a gun things are significantly tilted in your favor, unless your opponent is also using a gun. I have never seen an AI with a gun, so it shouldn't be much of a concern. :)

Be careful who you duel in case you lose. Even if you don't die in the duel, some characters will be merciless and murder you after you are beaten/yield. Cruel characters are much more likely, rivals even more so. Impalers are brutal. A Warrior Lodge member who does not share your religion is almost guaranteed to murder you.

If they are Kind it vastly reduces the risk of them murdering you.

Those are some basic things about duels - hope this helps! :)

all children + grandchildren i think

• A nomadic county is a county that has no holdings or only 1 holding. If you settle your clan as a tribe, all your priests/shamans take over the counties as high priests. This way you can exceed the theocratic vassal limit. This would I'm not sure, if you can still grant them duchies and kingdoms, when the theocratic vassal limit is exceeded.
  • I guess, if you had a tribe, castle or city (which nomads can't build themselves) as the only holding in the county, it would probably convert the same way as theocracies. Which probably means that you can exceed the republic vassal limit, as well
  • Also, settling as a tribe is the only way for a nomadic Khagan to keep his vassal khans as vassals, who also will settle.

Last edited: