• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
If you land lowborn they will become a historical dynasty of theirs culture and use the awesome CoA if you have the Dlc. The order they appear is fixed, if you land enough germans you get for instance the von Wittelsbach. The lowborn before him will always become a von Weimar, the gut after him will be a von Andechs. Some dutch dynasties you get by landing frisian culture character in 769.

Some dynasties are blocked tough. To mod it you have to go into the dynasties file and delete the line: used_for_random=no

In the old Crusader mechanics the pope could not declare crusade CB against you if he is your vassal, now he can, but at this point he most likely won’t get the support to start it.

The catholic pope has the papal guard mercs as vassals, if you vassalise the pope you can transfer the to yourself. In my game now the papal guard is more likely a catholic fylkir guard ;)

My tip for dealing with something random and unexpected is to deal with it. That's much of my fun in this game anyway. Otherwise things get too easy.

Reactions:
1. You are always the designated tutor for children in prison, even if you have appointed a court tutor.

2. Children in house arrest can have their culture and religion flipped as if they have the Heritage focus, regardless of their actual focus. This allows you to change their culture and religion if you like, while still giving them a proper education from another focus.

3. Children in house arrest can get the events from an educator having 12+ in an attribute. If you have at least two attributes at 12+ you can give them Ambitious at the price of them becoming your rival. If you have taken many child prisoners this allows you to gather dozens of rivals, making the duelist bloodline a lot easier to get. Note that they must be in house arrest and that they must be under 12 - the event will not fire for children in the dungeon or oubliette, and while the event takes place in adolescence it is triggered at 12.

If you are head of religion you can game Gavelkind and elective gavelkind by raising your kids not in your faith. This will disinherit them for all titles not only religious one. They won’t even create new titles in elective gavelkind.

Can you please post a link in this thread? It might be useful for forum users and google searchers.

i think that posting links on forums is, forbidden but i can pm it to you if you want

The tip of inviting family-less rich dudes in order to inherit their wealth is mentioned quite often, but I also find super rich men who DO have spouses and/or children to be useful from time to time-- if I've just built a new holding I don't intend to hold myself (like a city), giving it to someone with 5000 cash means they can start building improvements right away.

1. Leveling Seduction makes seduction attempts more successful, the finisher trait even gives a new seduction option.

2. Leveling Intrigue makes intrigue events more likely to succeed, with the highest chance given by the finisher trait.

3. Don't take the Theologian finisher (no extra effects), Scholar or Mystic are far better, because they have other bonuses/boni other than the +3 stat points.

i think that posting links on forums is, forbidden but i can pm it to you if you want

Can you PM it to me as well, please? :)

Had a hard time finding the send PM button and seems like i started a conversation instead.

Why wouldn’t you be able to post a reddit thread on this forum again???

I think its in the rules, i even asked an admin and i think he confirmed it.

Why wouldn’t you be able to post a reddit thread on this forum again???
I think its in the rules, i even asked an admin and i think he confirmed it.

The Rules of Conduct ban commercial links and links to polls in posts, while the forum rules ban all links that lead to websites with user interaction (like Reddit) in posts unless you get admin approval first.

The difference between the Rules of Conduct and the forum rules, and when they apply? Beats me.

Both sets of rules explicitly allow links in signatures, though I assume that commercial links are prohibited in signatures as well.

The Rules of Conduct ban commercial links and links to polls in posts, while the forum rules ban all links that lead to websites with user interaction (like Reddit) in posts unless you get admin approval first.

The difference between the Rules of Conduct and the forum rules, and when they apply? Beats me.

Both sets of rules explicitly allow links in signatures, though I assume that commercial links are prohibited in signatures as well.

thats really confusing xd