• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I would like to see a new minister post that gives + instead of just construction bonus -5%
and air Transport construction bonus -5%

Last edited:
you have the vertical envelopment guy. And anyway just create the minister yourself its easy.

Ok, but can I mabe an other name than vertical envelopment?

Stacking penalty should affect defenders aswell. In this case i'm talking about how chinese stack all of their divisions from nearby provinces to a single one (nanjing) over 80 divisions removing any possibility of ever reducing in size that pocket i created. stacking should only make the battle last longer, as only a few of the divisions should be able to be in combat at once. If all those 800.000 soldiers rushed to the front in a province that size, the artillery bombardment from my divisions' brigades alone would completely destroy several of those divisions, also making their combat effectiveness non existent.

Also, divisions should run out of manpower much faster when constantly retreating with lost battle after lost battle, making it more important to making proper defensive plans. (Should affect badly planned attacks aswell, when attacking a much stronger province than you should be attacking.)

Also, divisions should run out of manpower much faster when constantly retreating with lost battle after lost battle, making it more important to making proper defensive plans. (Should affect badly planned attacks aswell, when attacking a much stronger province than you should be attacking.)

the attrition value, when a division is retreating, hit 2-3%

I mentioned this in a bug thread, but what about if damage done by air units against province targets (infra, IC) was logarithmic? So infra damage amount done would decrease as the total infra level got closer to zero, and the same for IC and resources as well. Realistically, it should be impossible for air attack in WWII to bomb anything back to the Stone Age (except for w/ nukes perhaps).

I mentioned this in a bug thread, but what about if damage done by air units against province targets (infra, IC) was logarithmic? So infra damage amount done would decrease as the total infra level got closer to zero, and the same for IC and resources as well. Realistically, it should be impossible for air attack in WWII to bomb anything back to the Stone Age (except for w/ nukes perhaps).
That would be good and it would make things more balanced IMO.

+1! Radu, implement it please! :D

This one is pure gold!

ministers for Germany, Vichy-France and France if its still possible to add stuff:D
M_FRA_CharlesPlaton
brmjuqzqo98irc2dz.bmp
[/IMG]
M_FRA_JeanDecoux
brmjuy4oc2blu8wt3.bmp
[/IMG]
M_FRA_Jean-MCAbrial
brmjv6ash5chiuec7.bmp
[/IMG]

;Chief of Navy;Jean-Marie Charles Abrial;40;FA;Decisive Naval Battle Doctrine;Medium;M_FRA_Jean-MCAbrial;x
;Chief of Navy;Jean Decoux;38;NS;Indirect Approach Doctrine;High;M_FRA_JeanDecoux;x
;Chief of Navy;Charles Platon;40;FA;Decisive Naval Battle Doctrine;Medium;M_FRA_CharlesPlaton;x
;Minister of Security;Jean Decoux;41;NS;Crime Fighter;High;M_FRA_JeanDecoux;x

Jean Decoux
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jean_Decoux
Charles Platon
http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Platon
Jean-Marie_Charles_Abrial
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jean-Marie_Charles_Abrial

Walter Warlimont
M_GER_WalterWarlimont
brp6i2cqna1ltopw7.bmp
[/IMG]
;Chief of Staff;Walter Warlimont;45;FA;School of Fire Support;High;M_GER_WalterWarlimont;x
;Chief of Army;Walter Warlimont;46;FA;Elastic Defense Doctrine;High;M_GER_WalterWarlimont;x
;Minister of Armament;Walter Warlimont;48;FA;Military Entrepreneur;High;M_GER_WalterWarlimont;x
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walter_Warlimont

Herman Esser
brp6tsl6mteyj8f87.bmp
[/IMG]
M_GER_Herman_Esser
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hermann_Esser
;Foreign Minister;Herman Esser;40;NS;Ideological Crusader;High;M_GER_Herman_Esser;x
;Minister of Armament;Herman Esser;40;NS;Laissez Faires Capitalist;High;M_GER_Herman_Esser;x
;Head of Government;Herman Esser;30;NS;Corporate Suit;High;M_GER_Herman_Esser;xM_FRA_JeanDecoux;x

;Minister of Security;Gertrud Scholtz-Klink;43;NS;Man of the People;High;M_GER_Gertrud Scholtz-Klink;x
;Foreign Minister;Gertrud Scholtz-Klink;47;NS;The Cloak N Dagger Schemer;High;M_GER_Gertrud Scholtz-Klink;x
M_GER_Gertrud Scholtz-Klink
bs4ndqk2m9kvhgkrb.bmp
[/IMG]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gertrud_Scholtz-Klink

Last edited:
This was mentioned in 106 Beta 2 thread but wanted to throw it in here to its not lost/forgotten:
Banksy said:
Hope am ok suggesting a new feature here. So could you make it so shore bombardment for ships acts likes artillery bombardment for land units ^_^, or at the very least get rid of the -25% cap that its at now either way theres very little role for the navy in battles happening on the coast right now.
Affenklaus said:
The more I think about this idea the more I like it. Shore bombardment like the new artillery bombardment with damage to infrastructure would be amazing.
For the defender this would mean protecting his shores would need actually using his fleet and planes at his shores even without an ongoing invasion, not just stacking some divisions to the coasts.
But most of all I like the strategical options the attacker gains by this: Bombarding the enemy before the invasion and weaken his defending capabilities but giving away your intention of attacking this province and therefore giving the defender a chance to improve his troops there. Or just fake an attack by bombarding somewhere, wait until reserves get there to repel your attack and then invade elsewhere without naval support.

I think this would highly improve fighting for islands in the pacific theatre and, as a side effect, make it somewhat more historical accurate, too (Iwojima, anyone?).
Fürstbischof said:
It might be worthwhile to explore this idea even further. We might even split the Shore bombardment mission into an Invasion Support mission and such a strategic Shore bombardment mission. But in both cases we should rethink the role of coastal forts in the game. If we see more Shore bombardment missions in the game these should be no longer toothless. Coastal forts should defend their province versus attacking naval units in the same way as AA does defend versus attacking air units.

Well carriers should be able to do this from the get go
Cold War Extension would like this as well as were working on modern missile naval forces which can easily tomahawk the s##t out of most countries 2000km from shore!

>>One possible way that i think could be modded easily would be that any naval vessel with firing range say over 300km (this can/should be changed) should be able to do strategic/infrastructure/etc strike on shore provinces.

I also like the coastal -AAA conversion to allow them to damage vessels. Sounds cool/great & would allow for modern coastal AShM brigade realism

I think some improvements are needed for the retreat logic in naval combats. When my german battleship fleet finally manage to sneak up close (8 km) to the british carrier fleet they will immediately start to retreat (grey retreat arrow appears). I think this happens since the british fleet is very large, lots of carriers and small ships. The tactical AI simply weighs the total powers of the fleets and decide to retreat, being bombed for every one of the ~160km until out of carrier range.

I can understand this reaction if the engagement begins at long range, but if a battleship gets within firing distance of a carrier there is really only one thing it can do.

Instead of the overall allowed_brigades on top of each file, allow adding different brigade types to different division models of the same division type.

Code:
# 0 - Great War Tank
model = {
	cost			= 16
	buildtime		= 180
	manpower		= 7
	maxspeed		= 4
	defaultorganisation	= 30
	morale			= 30
	defensiveness		= 5
	toughness		= 7
	softness		= 30
	suppression		= 1
	airdefence		= 1
	softattack		= 8
	hardattack		= 2
	airattack		= 1
	transportweight		= 30
	supplyconsumption	= 1.75
	fuelconsumption		= 4
	speed_cap_art		= 5
	speed_cap_eng		= 5
	speed_cap_at		= 5
	speed_cap_aa		= 5
	upgrade_time_factor	= 1.0
	upgrade_cost_factor	= 1.0
	max_supply_stock	= 25
	max_oil_stock		= 60
	[COLOR="Red"]allowed_brigades	= tank_destroyer[/COLOR]
	[COLOR="Red"]allowed_brigades	= heavy_armor[/COLOR]
}

Instead of the overall allowed_brigades on top of each file, allow adding different brigade types to different division models of the same division type.

+1

And these...
I saw this in a DH thread, tool-tip when you mouse over tech. Listing various things, including techs that might be required from a different tree/page.
I know this would be really nice feature for mods, such as the cold-war extension or CORE.
screensave15w.png

Also while on it, some of the trade features of DH would be nice to have too. (In particular the stockpile and auto trade BP options...)
trade1.png

Its on the list - but since it requires a lot of rebalancing and checks that we didnt break anything else we decided to postpone it till after 106

I think some improvements are needed for the retreat logic in naval combats. When my german battleship fleet finally manage to sneak up close (8 km) to the british carrier fleet they will immediately start to retreat (grey retreat arrow appears). I think this happens since the british fleet is very large, lots of carriers and small ships. The tactical AI simply weighs the total powers of the fleets and decide to retreat, being bombed for every one of the ~160km until out of carrier range.

I can understand this reaction if the engagement begins at long range, but if a battleship gets within firing distance of a carrier there is really only one thing it can do.

Go out in a Blaze of Glory :D:D

maybe someone have already requested this: non-national but owned provinces (i.e. annexed) should become, gradually, national after X years (for example 10).

ie. germany annexed poland in sept 1939. warsaw have a maximum efficientcy of 25%, in sept 1940 35%, sept 1941 45%, etc... (casual numbers)

if someone take the province, then the time will be reset.

This would need tweaking, but I agree that a province occupied with heavy suppression andsurrounded by 0% rebellion province/peacefull borders should gradually increase its max efficincy. The ME loss shoulddecrease by 1% (cumulative, not additive) / month, for example.