• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Originally posted by Havard

No. You can only send missionaries to your own provinces...

That is kind of unfortunate in my opinion... I was under the impression that we would be able to. I think it would make religion a much better tool.

Originally posted by Blade!

That is kind of unfortunate in my opinion... I was under the impression that we would be able to. I think it would make religion a much better tool.

Yeah, it should be possible to send missioneries to other countries, with low probability of course. The Safevid Persia did trie to convert the anatolian population to the Shia faith and its one of the reasons that Selim I, attacked Shah Ismail 1514.... It should give the "victimized" country CB against the "attacker"....

quote by ProducePete
"its almost impossible to accomadate many religions and cultures in a large empire in eu2, its really really hard. religion and culture are very important"

How did Turkey manage to do it in real life then?
They had an overlodship over catholics, orthodox, sunny's and shiite's and did not have too many revolts during the eu time period.

It would also make it too easy to abuse, I would say. It would make it too easy to "destabilize" an enemy for a rich country.

What could be possible is maybe to work on provinces bordering your own and in provinces of a vassal to simulate spreading influence.

Originally posted by Havard

What could be possible is maybe to work on provinces bordering your own and in provinces of a vassal to simulate spreading influence.

Are you saying we will be able to do this... or that is a possibility being considered...or that you wish this was the case? ;)

Are you saying we will be able to do this... or that is a possibility being considered...or that you wish this was the case? ;)

I wish it would be considered that we could be able so suggest the possibility... eh... :D

What I ment was that it is not possible now, and if it should be implemented I would like severe restrictions to where you may send missionaries...

One opinion

Originally posted by acetime
quote by ProducePete
"How did Turkey manage to do it in real life then?
They had an overlodship over catholics, orthodox, sunny's and shiite's and did not have too many revolts during the eu time period.

By Sean Krummerich

Give us more Badboy stuff, Produce Pete!

Interesting article, Emre Yigit, did you write it?
The article talks exactly about what I'm saying, that Turkey was able to control the Balkans in real life, without the local population revolting constatly. They did not convert the local poulation with the exception of Bosnia and Albania to muslim religion and yet the local populace did not revolt as it would in eu2 if too many cultures and religions are present in your realm. The only way to prevent the revolts in the game, it seems, is to vassalize the balkan countries when playing as Turkey instead of annexing them. While it is arguable that Turkey had a vassal relationship with the Balkan states in real life, they still had much more control over the Balkans than they would in eu2 when it comes to controlling the territories of your vassal.

Great AAR Produce Pete,
Sorry for going off topic with these questions.

Last edited:
Carried on a bit more today as I had some extra time on my hands.

Albania declared independence from England several times only to be reannex by England.

First sicily declared independence from Spain and had its capital in southern italy, then Naples declared independence from spain , and the sicilian capital moved to the island of sicily as the southern state was now a part of Naples.

Bohemia declared independence from Hungary.. only to face a huge coalition of Hungary's allies.. and eventually.. eventually it was annexed by VENICE!

Austria started the savegame with like 3 provinces, they foght a brief war against Helvetia taking the eartern swiss province. Later on Austria vassalised Spain in the Hapsburg wedding event. Then yet later it inherited Hungary in the Hapsburg succession of Hungary or somehting event. Then it fought one more war against Venice to take Bohemia off their hands. And as Hungary had annexed Brandenburg earlier.. the austrian empire now stretches from Berlin to Transylvania. Right at the end it DoW on siebenburchen and annexed it (transylvania)

We started off by attacking siebenburchen and vassalising them for peace (needed cash). We were tormented by relentless revolts, but eventually our missionaries succeeded in converting them. Next we DoW'd on Croatia and eventually annexed them. (When we had no more catholic revolts in Bulgaria so now we could deal with 1 revolting province better)
At some point then I declared war on the Timurid empire, and had barely started fighting when the Timurid government collapsed (automatically signing peace and giving me and the Hedjaz the provinces we controlled.) So now I have 3 Shiite provinces and had to adjust my sliders to deal with them. So far I've only manager to convert one of them to sunni. Cost is prohibitive.

Then I think i DoW'd on Moldova , moments after poland declared war on them. Poland eventually made peace with them taking that Black Sea coast province, grrrr. I had to settle for vassalising Moldovia and taking Wallachia off their hands.

Right at the end we declared war on Aden and took 2 of their provinces plus socotra off their hands. Socotra btw is their best province =p

turkey had some nice events again, and many of them came at the right time.. except for one.. I had stored up some excess cash and started building a arts academy in Thrace, only for an event to pop up for some huge infra investment and a arts academy in thrace.. grrr. What a waste of money..

Our explorer died somewhere off the coast of morocco, so so much for colonial expansion in that direction. Thne we got a conquistador, but his 5k army was killed by natives just south of Nubia.. grrr.

Coloanialism wise, my sliders moves have been good as I get more than enough colonists and missionaries, but the problem is that no decent colonies are in my map. So its relentlessly trying to colonise Jamba or something with 20% success rate and starting all over again time and time again. Damn natives.

France is still half in english hands, and burghundy still exists. saved the game and did the columbus cheat to look, spain has only 1 colony in north america, england has several, portugal has dozens of trading posts as usual. Russia has started growing and expanding nicely. Poland and Lithuania havent united for some reason. I think many of these weird occurences are that it was started with an earlier patch tho..

anyways. Its now abaout the date of Jean calvin.. 1540? 1550? somewhere around there.. oh yeah, and some guy named Macchiavelli had a bestseller with his Prince. But it hasnt been printed in Turkísh/Arabic..

This is being a real BB feast. I dont have any desire of expanding into europe anymore, only catholic/protestant provinces ahead, and only really Austria and Poland ahead of me. Austria has wayyyy better techs than I do, im positively shocked. Seems I'll just behave in europe from now on and look to unite all arabs under the Turkish empire.

Originally posted by Produce Pete

We started off by attacking siebenburchen and vassalising them for peace (needed cash). We were tormented by relentless revolts, but eventually our missionaries succeeded in converting them.

I'm guessing that you mean that you converted Bulgaria? Or can you send missionaries to provinces owned by your vassals?