• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The financial situation after the war.

untitled.jpg

The loan still outstanding expires in 1429.

Last edited:
C02.png

A Stillness in Time

We had a choice. Allow the Duke to settle down in his lands or ask for portions of his kingdom. He was, of course, in possession of 3 territories that belonged to us through right of French Crown and two Dutch provinces that we had a claim to. We demanded he submit to our authority...

HYW155.png

A foolish choice from the house of Vallois. We disbanded the 16 ships we had inherited from Dauphin. We wanted nothing that ran on Garlic and Onions...

HYW157.png

We decided to assemble our troops in the old Dauphin capital for training purposes and to carefully wait for our perfect chance to pounce on the unsuspecting Burgandy.

HYW158.png

Full ownership of French Territories brought a massive economic boost to our country.

HYW159.png

We paid off the 3rd loan we took and therefore only had one outstanding loan.

HYW163.png

We lost the service of Bedford in France and decided to put our strike on hold until he returned.

HYW165.png
HYW166.png

Richard Beauchamp sailed to France to lead our Cavalry unit in the upcoming war. The Duke of Warwick was well prepared for the up coming battle... but the time was not yet right...

HYW167.png

Last edited:
Restauration par la Guerre

Our charm and style led us to a diplomatic coup of the council in Cologne.

ENGC02.png

We chose that now, having waited for too long we would crush the Vallois traitors to the crowns. Our allies all decided to assist us in the vengance. This was especially helpful as we were hoping that the Swiss would make a good distraction whilst we messed up the lands in the North of former France.

ENGC021.png

Taking our main man Bedford, back into the fight we set upon a siege of Bourgogne but were being chased down by a greater army than our own. We opted to remove ourselves from the fray and retreat back to Anjou whilst Warwick and his accompanyment of horse riders moved into Artois.

ENGC023.png

A brief encounter in Artois saw us lose barely 200 men clearing almost 20,000 Brabant troops off the map. A kill ratio of 1:100 this was an incredible victory.

ENGC024.png

With supply limiting us in Artois we moved to the more healthily supported Brabant capital but halfway there were met with the realisation that there was an army waiting for us. We would not have our share of resource to supply our troops and surely some would be lost... the battle would have to be decisive...

ENGC027.png

Decisive it was! Crushing their army losing barely 1,000 men an devastating their 16,000 strong army meant Warwick had all but annihilated the Brabant armies for little cost.

ENGC028.png

Burgandy have taken the bait. I'm sorry Switzerland, we'll come to your aid later but right now we are going to dominate on the foolish mistake Burgandy have made in swamping the wrong opposition. Setting up for a strike in the mountainous region of Bern, a 40,000 strong army fails to move North and stop us sieging their provinces. We move Bedford into Artois.

ENGC0211.png

As the Vallois army marches into the mountains we split our forces over an unfortified Burgandy and Brabant marching troops to Picardie, Flanders and Zeeland.

ENGC0212.png

Barely a month later and we have landed in Holland also.

ENGC0213.png

With the full army of Burgandy in the mountains we seize the opportunity to jump into Champagne. Their armies are taking considerable losses against the strong Swiss foe with no supply in the breezey mountains.

ENGC0214.png

Nobles in France have already started acting up and cost us dearly making us draw another loan and adding to our montly expenditures.

ENGC0215.png

We remedy this with a hike in War Taxes. The French are not unfamiliar with the concept and will be happy to support the expansion of their kingdoms.

ENGC0217.png

Moving from Champagne through Nivernais to Bourgogne we met some small opposition. They were duly crushed in the woodlands. Such tactics would not work on a distinguished general such as Warwick.

ENGC0218.png

We arrived in Bourgogne and initiated the siege with reinforcements arriving from the North steadily.

ENGC0220.png

Another brief encounter with a band of mercenaries drafted by the enemy ensued but the rabble was seen off swiftly.

ENGC0221.png

With the fall of Picardie we could afford to move the unit down to Nivernais and begin the fort domination there.

ENGC0223.png

Artois fell shortly afterwards and Bedford could move to Champagne, freeing up the remaining cavalry unit already stationed there to move down to the Burgundian capital. This should prevent the enemy from stopping our siege.

ENGC0224.png

Addition to War, Addition to Casualties

War taxes with our tax collectors in all provinces create great rewards. Our income is beautiful these days.

ENGC0225.png

We take nivernais with an infantry troop and move our cavalry to the Bourgogne capital. We start the creation of our Navy. Galleys are cheap and useful for our isle based warfare. They are also almost totally lacking in maintenance costs.

ENGC0227.png

Braband and Champagne fall into our hands. We move the cavalry in Brabant down to Bourgogne and the infantry in Champagne move to Nivers

ENGC0230.png

Flandern falls and we attack the supply lines in the surrounding Dutch territories.

ENGC0232.png

A rebellion strikes the heart of Holland as we are laying siege. We attempt to quash the rebellion in favour of capturing the province.

ENGC0234.png

Bourgogne falls and we vacate the territory attempting to bait the foolish Burgundian forces into their own capital. Unfortunately we had not anticipated them to just sit and wait in Franche-Conte...

ENGC0239.png

Our new navy was constructed and was to be sent out to sea to seek out and destroy the Burgundian Navy.

ENGC0240.png
ENGC0241.png

We made some recruitment areas due to our massive struggle with our armed forces upkeep... ?

ENGC0243.png

Zeeland and Nivernais fall and we bolster units in Nivernais and Holland in fear of another revolt.

ENGC0246.png

Lorraine have been convinced to join the war on the side of Burgundy, possibly a massive oversight. Their Suzerein has cost them their army...

ENGC0248.png

Centralization moves us to a more technological country. Stability suffers for this domestic oversight.

ENGC0249.png

Lorraine's tiny force is flattened by Bedford and his men. We lay the city to seige.

ENGC0250.png

I don't know. This is on Very Hard and Furious... I think they're concentrating on attacking the Swiss but regardless had they moved out of Franche-Comté their armies would have already been destroyed and the peace resolutions would have been sooner... I need a tougher opponent :/ Maybe I should trigger the BB wars...

Or attempt a WC AAR XD

What you need is a big f***ing rebellion in France :D

Well I don't plan to sit on my arse playing with my balls during the War of the Roses so maybe I'll get screwed over by revolts then if that'll make you happy? XD My aims at the moment are:

Finish off Burgundy and take the core provinces and Flandern.
Attack Morroco for their one/two colonial provinces and their maps into central North Africa.
Invade Portugal for their maps of colonizable territory and maybe for vassalage.
Trade maps for knowledge on CoTs worldwide.
Build 4-6 Refineries and dominate the world trade market.
Colonise whatever I can that the Portugese have led me to view.
Destroy the North African Pagans during the War of the Roses and begin conversion.
Get infrastructure to 5 and 6 for Chiefs of Justice and Mayors.
Destroy, vassalize and annex the Spanish and Danish(!)

I don't know what to do with regards to two major issues:
Land or Sea? Currently it's at 7 Land but I'm doing land wars at the moment. I'm a colonial power so Sea sounds more tempting.
Protestant or Catholic? I'm going to remain Narrowminded and lean towards Serfdom over Free subjects to lower stability costs and increase missionaries... but do I need the additional income from protestantism or should I stay catholic?

Burnt Burgundy

Bedford and Warwick planned a tactical double strike upon Franche-Comté. It was our only way of piercing the stubborn foe who would not leave their forrested safety...

ENGC0225.png

The battle began as the cavalry arrived first on the scene however our infantry landed only a day later. All was optimistic and we shredded their forces from 26,000 to 10,000 and sent them homeward to think again. The flower of Scotland... wait... what?

ENGC0253.png

Two unhelpful occasions... First our landing in Normandy was devastated by by peasents seeking food and supplies and then Joan of Arc set a rebellion in Paris... she would be tried and executed shortly...

ENGC0261.png
ENGC0274.png

We paid back another outstanding loan...

ENGC0275.png

We attacked the rebels in Paris with our Warwick led Horsemen. Our strike was swift and our anger was quelled. The French would surely think twice before revolting again, right? ... right?

ENGC0276.png

The recovering troop from Burgandy attacked their capital which was defended by a mere 1,000 troops! Luckily for us the Royal Army was only a day out of town...

ENGC0282.png

With this latest battle in the capital we thought we'd strangle the peasents for their pennies one last time...

ENGC0283.png

Our strike on the remainder of their forces was catastrophic for them yet they managed to retain the victory as we took a withdrawal to stop us taking any unnessecary loses.

ENGC0284.png

ENGC0297.png

Lorraine fell and we sued for peace only managing to get 60 ducats, 12 for each member of the alliance. We were tempted by an annexation but we wanted the respect from our peers.

ENGC0298.png

Census taxes were huge this year! Huzzah!

ENGC02100.png

Brabant seemed especially keen to escape from the war and were happy to grant us our meager request for peace.

ENGC02101.png

We attacked the last remnant of Burgundy's army and settled down to finish the two remaining sieges. This happened within a few months of the new year...

ENGC02103.png

ENGC02106.png

Having crushed every army, taken every province and sunk every ship belonging to the Vallois forces they had no choice but to beckon to our demands. We accepted our 4 national provinces, Holland, Champagne, Nivernais and Picardie along with their capital of trade, Flandern. We also squeezed some ducats out of their pockets. No doubt they will be knocking on our door for these provinces back in a few years. We shall be prepared. Long live the reunited French territories!

ENGC02108.png

We had troops stuck in Bern, Switzerland and needed to get them to our lands. We managed to get through a military access bill in Strasburg's courts.

ENGC02109.png

Leinster took this opportunity to join our side once and for all. We were keen to accept their annexation into our kingdom, which looked very prosperous these days!

ENGC02110.png

Last edited:
What year does one usually begin on this made crusade? I'm thinking of hitting spain once castile and aragon join each other and diplo-annexing once it inherits burgundy... then annexing inca and aztecs before destroying Europe with BB wars. Thoughts?

C03.png

Moroccan Invasion

We successfully convinced the lovely people of Connaught to join our glorious nation! Annexation is sweet... especially when the people love you so very much. Given I'm not expecting any revolts there I move our new armies out of the region and down to the French territories, namely Bordeaux.

ENGC03.png

Alas ye Warwick! I knew him, Horatio; a fellow of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy; he hath borne me on his back a thousand times; and now, how abhorred in my imagination it is! My gorge rises at it. Here hung those lips that I have kissed I know not how oft. Where be your gibes now?

ENGC031.png

Our great (sic) King is annointed as was Solomon. The choirs sang in great chorus and joyous celebrations were held in festivities of this great day. The threat of riots in Paris and Normandy ceased.

ENGC032.png

The armies gathered in Gascogne! Nigh short of 80,000 men stood ready to fight for our newly crowned king and the Moroccans had not taken our polit hint that we were displeased with their footholds in the north of Africa. We thought their relgion was unwise and their refusal to share with us their knowledge of the area resulted in a deft attack by land and sea. War was upon them...

We called our allies to aid us in the war and they REFUSED! How DARE they! They shall know what pain is...

ENGC033.png

TAXES! YUM!

ENGC035.png

Our troop of 45,000 men, almost too many for us to support efficiently, boarded our greatest navy. Our navy was unrivalled but we realised that the journey may result in enormous casualties from attrition and general lack of supply so we attempted to butter up the portugese and castillians who were less than pleased with our recent annexation actions.

ENGC036.png

We were offered a quick cash break but given our recent hike of taxes this seemed pointless.

ENGC037.png

After a little bit of bribery the Castillians offered us food and shelter so we could restock our supplies down the Iberian coast. We landed in Andalusia and set off southwards towards the beligerant Moroccans. Brittany also remembered where their allegences lie.

ENGC039.png

We paid back our final outstanding loan with a massive surplus of 600 ducats still remaining in the bank after this transaction. Lovely.

ENGC0310.png

With the castillians failing to claim victory in Fez we sent our cavalry headed by Bedford to devastate the enemy.

ENGC0311.png

We lost a fair number of troops in the beginning of the combat but luckily pulled back and managed to cause the enemy to rout and murdered the fleeing troops. Bedford set to take the enemy capital.

ENGC0312.png

We restocked our supplies in the Canary Islands and allowed 10,000 men to lay siege to the Saharan based fortress.

ENGC0315.png

After a little nudging in the right direction the Scottish and Northern Irish pledged allegience to the crown and swore to fight along side us. Whilst their help was not required in this war we were starting to get a bad reputation amongst our peers. These were times to stock up on acceptable allies and with the Portugese absolutely refusing to ally themselves with us we had little choice but to side with our home island friends.

ENGC0317.png

Last edited:
I'd say strike Norway sometime - the provinces would be a good last line of defense (if it comes to that) in future BB wars (if it comes to that, too).

Also, what tastes sweeter than taking revenge on the Norse for the pain caused by Harald Hardrade's invasion back in 1066? Nothing better than absurdly long-held grudges...

That's a really long held grudge. Norway just doesn't look rich enough for me to consider taking it outside of BB wars (if I accidently because too much of a bad boy). I know they're Protestant eventually but, :/

I'm still undecided on the Land/Naval front. Do I need Land for the occupation of Europe or would I benefit more by getting 20% more taxes from ALL of my non mainland UK provinces by having full Naval? :/