• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Serek000

Major
8 Badges
Feb 15, 2009
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Rome Gold
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2
  • 500k Club
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
The Shield Islands, a group of four small islands, have served to defend the River Mander (upon which can be found some one the finest cities in Westeros - Highgarden, as well as numerous other cities, like Bitterbridge, Cider Hall, and Tumbleton) that help make The Reach among the most populous, fertile, and glorious of the Kingdoms beneath the Iron Throne). Wicked Ironborn, barbaric reavers from the Iron Islands, have long set their sights on plundering up and down the great river - but the Shield Islands stand in their way. Great beacons can be found on the islands, to be lit when the merciless worshipers of the Drowned God come are seen on the horizon.

shield-islands.jpg

Oakenshield is the northernmost of the Shield Islands. It consists of a single unremarkable keep and two fairly small market towns - the Islands lack the riches found along the river they guard. But what is lacking in gold is made up for in courage, willpower, and loyalty. House Oakenshield is certainly no exception. With nowhere to go but up, and with eyes set on High Lordship of all the Shield Islands, the House is poised to overcome its challenges. Or will the other Shield Islands lords band together to stop Oakenshield? Will longships appear off the coast, heralding destruction and terror? Will the great House Tyrell begin to view the Lord of Oakenshield with displeasure?

The challenges are many. The rewards are great - to be the great protector of the Mander and Highgarden. How will history unfold? The Annals of the Oakenshields will reveal whether greatness or tragedy has triumphed.

--------------------------------------------------------------

I will begin play as House Oakenshield, using the Ruler Design DLC to replace the ruling House Hewett (I like a good clean start - no wife, no children, no alliances).

This is the Clash of Kings start date - there may be spoilers, so read at your own peril.

Goals
Defend the Mander - repel any Ironborn invasions
Become High Lord of the Shield Islands
Remain totally loyal to House Tyrell (should another house become Lord Paramount of the Reach, all bets are off!)
Forge alliances and kinship with houses along the Mander and its tributaries

Beyond those, who knows!

Welcome aboard, readers!

Table of Contents

Chapter I
Chapter II
Chapter III
Chapter IV
Chapter V
Chapter VI

Last edited:
Now that is a vicious regent...also I can't help but wonder if the Knight of Flowers has the same style of knight/squire relationship he had with Renly but now with your young lord. :p

Now that is a vicious regent...also I can't help but wonder if the Knight of Flowers has the same style of knight/squire relationship he had with Renly but now with your young lord. :p

A vicious regent indeed! The less said of her the better!

-----------------------

No screenshots in the update that follows, sadly. I forgot to save them. The next one will have plenty, though, I promise!