• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The Battle of Bosworth event is depended upon which option you choose in the earlier Wars of the Roses event.

Fun update.

The Anglo-Irish War
1486-7

The War of the Roses was finally over. Richard the Third and the Yorkists were victorious in their war against the Lancasters. However, as Richard had no heir, he agreed to let Henry the Sixth's grandson take the throne upon his death. England was calm, and new generation, who had never experienced the war were soon to come. The war took its toll on England's nobility, as their costly wars drained England of all its capable leadership. With the exception of Norfolk, who was the English commander in France, England had no decent generals.

EngJan53.GIF

English lands before the War of the Roses c. 1453.

Richard saw the rising power of France and sought to crush them while they were still blossoming into the great enemy that England feared. The Hundred Years Wars was long over, and England proved victorious. They showed that they had a presence in France that would never go away. But, with France's inheritances of the minor barons' lands, their lands were about equal to England's in France.

To gain further control of French lands, Richard declared war on Eire, who was in an alliance with France. He had a strong claim on Eire, and hoped that by attacking the Irish, that the French would be dragged into the war. So on January 23rd, 1486, England declared war on Eire. France did not come to their aid. This war would be a cakewalk for England's armies...

iresheep.jpg

The peaceful Irish countryside would soon be littered with bodies of Irish and English soldiers.

A war with France would prove more rewarding, but far more difficult than a war against Eire. English armies from Meath were attacked by Irish forces before they could sufficiently mount an offensive. But Meath was well-defended. The Irish were poor attackers, and hoped that by drawing them out into Meath, that their armies would by decimated. The plan worked excellently. Devastated Irish forces retreating into Connaught were defeated by English forces who then advanced into Munster. Another army moved into Leinster to initiate another siege. On September 18th, 1847, Ulster, the last remaining Irish stringhold fell to England. A peace was signed on September 22nd, 1847, granting all Irish lands - bar Ulster - to the English crown. The only drawback was a slight instability hit by denying to grant English cities more rights, who tried to take advantage of the war. Nonetheless, England came out of the war, stronger than ever.

Ireland.jpg

St. Patrick's Cross, a symbol of Ireland, and it's patron saint. The English would later on add it to the Union Jack, which had St. George and St. Andrew's crosses on it, to make their present-day flag.

The Scotch-Irish War
1492-3

The French Alliance, now comprising of their vassal and ally Brittany, Scotland, Sweden, and other minor nations, was becoming a major threat to England. Austria assured England of defense against French aggression, and held the support of Bavaria and Bohemia. The first signs of tension grew when Scotland declared war upon Eire in 1492, thus dragging its alliance into the fight. By 1493, Scotland had annexed Eire, ending all hopes of Irish independance, and becoming a threat to English holdings on the island.

salvi_eire1.jpg

The Irish Harp, no longer a symbol of an idependant Ireland.

During the course of the Scotch-Irish War, England's ally, Austria had declared war on Hessen and Helvetia, who had broken apart from her vast empire. Also, hostilities against northern Italian cities by Autria, meant England would also be dragged into a war against Venice and the Papal States and their alliance. Richard had decided to grant only moral support to the Austrians' wars, mainly because of the distance from England to the German and Italian battlefields, and the public protest against any military operations against the Pope. A "return to status quo" peace was made with Helvetia (although it was later on annexed by Austria). Richard also had similar peaces with Hessen and the Eastern Italian Alliance, although it would anger the Austrians somewhat. But the smell of the war between the Anglo-Austrian Alliance and the Franco-Scottish alliance was getting stronger...

Last edited:
I always love a good English AAR. Very well done so far, especially the BBC reports and their limb-losing correspondent. :rofl: Keep up the good work. It took me a while to read up on this one, but I will be following the rest of the story.

And on a side note - I could not help but think of Kent Brockman during the War of the Roses - "And I for one welcome our new ant lords..." (Simpson's reference for anyone thinking I'm completely out of it.)

Excellent work in Ireland there. No, what are you going to do about that objectionable land to the north? ;)

coz1 - Thanks for reading. :) And I was when I was deciding on my BBC Reports during the War of the Roses, I was actually inspired by Kent when I was writing up Maddy's parts. :D

stynlan - Well, I'm actually quite glad that the Scottish annexed Eire. Saved me the hits on my badboy rating! :D When my alliance fights France and Scotland's alliance (which I hope comes not too soon in my game), I hope I can get Ulster out of it for Scottie's peace.

Also, on a side note: I tried to get screenshots again. Just hope this website is better than that blasted Tripod at hosting! It's a 1453 screenie, and just tell me if it doesn't show.
PS. The screenie may be a bit blurry.

The War of Burgundian Inheritance
The War's Start, January 1494

Long gone were the Kings of Burgundy, whose lands were more a loose union of family holdings, than a country. With lands in the Low Countries, France, and the Rhineland, they were a major player in the European playground. However, the Burgundian line of kings married into the the Austrian line, known famously as the Hapsburgs. The Hapsburgs inherited such a vast realm from the Burgundians that they soon became a major power, and the French were quick to claim Burgundy's lands in France. However, Franche-Comte, a French-speaking region, was in Austrian hands, which lead to a long-standing Franco-Austrian rivalry. The French also sought to regain lands from England, who controlled half of France, and was Austrian-allied. The French could call upon a great alliance with Sweden, Scotland, and others to aid them. So killing two birds with one stone, on January 13th, 1494, France declared war on Austria over the disputed Franche-Comte region. Their alliances rallied to join them. The War of Burgundian Inheritance had begun...

FRANCHECOMTEMULLER.jpg

The disputed region of France-Comte, who's question of ownership would eventually mean war between some of Western Europe's mightiest nations.

BBC News, 1494

"Hello, I'm Geoffrey Badgerton and this is a special war edition of BBC News," grinned the crooked-toothed Geoff. "The War of Burgundian Inheritance has begun with the French and Austrian alliances pitted against each other. England, Bavaria, and Bohemia have rallied to Austria's call, and Sweden, Prussia, Brittany, and Scotland, have rallied to France's. The only thing certain is that the victors will have the chance to reshape the Western world for their own glory. Now to you, Maddy."

"Thanks, Geoff! The people of Helvetia are up to their old tricks again! They have declared independance from the Austrian Empire and the Hapsburg monarchs and declared the eastern half of Helvetia an independant nation. Austria and its alliance, including England, have declared war upon the insurgents and hope for them to return to the happy family of the Austrian Empire," smiled the yellow-toothed Maddy.

"Actually, Maddy, that war is over now," Geoff corrected.

"It is?" Maddy asked, with an extremely puzzled look on her face. "Well who won?"

"We did," answered Geoff with a frustrated look on face. "Austria made them a vassal last week."

"Well, that's nice, I thought they'd be annexed. That Austria's a class act," Maddy said.

"Well those Swiss can be pretty troublesome," Peg-legged Oliver pointed out, nodding.

"Yes, they can. But I thought we were talking about Helvetia," asked Maddy.

"We are," answered Oliver.

"We are?" asked Maddy.

"We are." answered Oliver.

"We are..." said Maddy. "So what have the Swiss been up to lately?"

"They were in a war against Austria?" answered Oliver, who's voice was getting louder now.

"They were? Those Austrians like to fight everyone!" shouted Maddy.

"Like who, Maddy?" asked Geoff.

"First Helvetia, now the Swiss!" answered Maddy, who vainly thought she knew what she was talking about.

"Um, Maddy, the Swiss are Helvetia," pointed out Geoff, in a frustrated and pitying voice.

"I see..." said Maddy, realizing her own mistakes.

"Why don't I just kick off sports, now. The Annual Jousting Tournament this year is being held in Holstein. The Pope has officially announced that anyone who strikes a lance against the Papal States jousters will be excommunicated. The Papal States is trying to keep its world championship title, which it is has held for over 287 years now," winked Oliver.

"Discoveror John Cabot has set sail from Anglia last month, seeking to discover the new world that the Spanish speak of, and claim new lands for the English crown," said Geoff.

"Actually, Geoff, there's just been a scandal regarding old "John" as you call him," Maddy went on. "It appears John's real name is Giovanni Cabotto, and - here's the kicka - he wasn't even born in England! He was born in Genoa!"

"Maddy, John was-"

"Geoff, his name is Giovanni," Maddy pointed out.

"Giovanni was hired by King Richard to lead an expedition to the New World. We all know he's Italian," answered Geoff, very slowly.

Maddy blushed.

"Well I'm glad to report no body part losses," Oliver smiled proudly.

"Congrats, Oliver!" Maddy and Geoff congradulated.

"Hey, Olly, check out me new butcher's knife," said Maddy, brandishing her new knife.

"Alright, I-"

"Oh, dear! Was that your pinky?" asked Maddy sadly.

"Yes, there it goes. Oh well, better than losing me tongue, like me friend No-Tongued Jacques from Calais," answered Oliver, who seemed not to care about his lost pinky.

"I think I better wrap this up. More on the War of Burgundian Inheritance as it goes on. I'm Geoffrey Badgerton, and this has been another edition of BBC News.

The War of Burgundian Inheritance
1494-8

England was now devoid of all decent military commanders, bar Norfolk (who who would die with his last man defending Orleans), which was its main strength in past wars. However, England's coffers were well over 2000 ducats, and could afford a long and costly war. England hoped for gains in Ireland from Scotland, and rich lands from France, but this was easier said then done.

The English began by besieging an empty Ulster, since Scottish troops were sent to take Northumberland from England. The English defence at Northumberland barely held, all thanks to reinforcements from London. The French had gathered every last solider to take Orleans, located at the heart of France, and eliminated every last English soldier in the city. England sent two armies to advance from Languedoc and pillage unguarded Southern France. Another two were sent to take Artois from France and guard Vendee from Brittany's forces in Maine. The war was off to a good start on the British Isles, but a rough start on the continent.

English forces took Ulster from the Scots and began besieging the unguarded Strathclyde. Even when they took it, the Scots would not cede Ulster to King Richard. English forces were finally great enough to stop Brittany's siege of Maine, but were too late to stop the takeover. A military victory over Brittany initiated an English siege in Maine. The turning point would come when English forces would defeat the numerically equal French forces siegeing the city of Orleans (33,000 to 28,000). The Scots were defeated at Lothian and ceded Ulster, Brittany's capital was taken and gave a large tribute, and France was left without armies and ceded Artois, Bourgogne, Limousin, and Auvergne on May 4th, 1498 when they lost nearly every province. England was the undoubtedly the strongest nation in Europe...

EnglandJune1506.JPG

England's holdings at the end of the War of the Burgundian Inheritance.

cabot_london_550.jpg

John Cabot (who is from Genoa and not England) in London.

Austria would make peace with France later on, with a small sum given to the Hapsburgs. Meanwhile, John Cabot discovered what is now the colony of Maine and a great swathe of the North American coastline, as well as a big chunk of the Atlantic. Unfortunately, the only lands discovered along the coast were in the Maine Colony, which meant that England would be off to a slow colonial start. However, a base overseas would mean that the heavy losses suffered by Cabot's voyages would no longer occur. Cabot died in 1500, just months after he carried an army to crush the natives in Maine and founded the colony. Surely, greater things were in store for England...

Off-Off Comment:

I had to put in the part where John Cabot was Italian, since my little sister was doing a project on him, and pointed out that he was from Genoa (although I already knew this, I thought I'd make her feel good and say I didn't know).

Last edited:
Are you sure Maddy is actually english? She seems to keep supporting all the wrong peope and come up with unpatriotic facts ;) :D

Nicely done - but one question? Isn't it hard to wink without any eyes? The Ollie is one talented fella - with or without his latest calamity. :D

Farquharson - I made sure in the new peace that Scotland must give me Ulster! Ireland is now united... under the English banner, though. :rolleyes:

stynlan - I think Maddy gave up on being patriotic when she favoured old Eddie, but Henry took the throne. Ever since I thought I'd made her somewhat dumber. :D

coz1 - Good point with the wink. I s'pose he could move his eyelid over his empty socket. Although with his eyepatch prolly no-one could see him do it. :rofl:

The Friesen War
1502-3

Austria had longed wanted control of Friesen, a small Dutch principality bordering the Austrian Netherlands. Austria had a claim to Friesen, as they were the inheritors of Burgundy's lands in the Low Countries. Friesland was the only independant Dutch state, and many of the Dutch in the Austrian Netherlands hoped that they would have free states like Friesen. Austria needed to solidify control over the Low Countries, so it could protect its wealth in the region, and gain a valuble base that would let it into the heart of Northern Germany, where Austrian power meant little to the mercantile cities. Austria declared wan in December 30th, 1502. Friesen, however, was in an alliance with France, Scotland, Sweden, Prussia, and Brittany, and their sympathies led to them interveining in the conflict. England and Austria's German allies rushed to Austria's side, ready to defend their ally from Friesen's alliance. England was ready for some more prime French real estate, but sadly for Friesen, and the hungry English landlords, they did not join in the war to save Friesen.

frieslan.gif

Friesen, the reason for the brief and relatively bloodless (well, for England at least) war.

England's plan was for holding actions against Brittany and Scotland, so that the attackers could be tricked into moving into a well-planned English trap. English forces hastily assembled at Maine, the site of Brittany's past aggression against England. There the 16,000-man army from Morbihan was completely annihilated by the 22,000-man English army. English troops moved onto the lightly defended capital of Brittany and killed all 6,000 defenders. Meanwhile, across the Channel, English forces were not attacked by the Scottish armies, as anticipated. Instead, the Scots built-up a large garrison at Lothian and a smaller one at Strathclyde. The Scots outnumbered the English in the region, so a very small army of 11,000 was sent to take Strathclyde, while the remaining 22,000 guarded Northumberland. The 34,000 Scots in Lothian did not buldge. The Austrian alliance would face its biggest embarassment when in 1503, the large 22-ship Austrian navy would face the small 4-ship Scottish navy in the North Sea. The Austrians would fall back days before the 45-ship English navy would finally defeat the Scots.

On April 5th, 1503, Friesen officially signed a peace on behalf of their alliance with Austrian diplomats, who represented their own alliance. The offered the Austrian alliance a peace worth 64 ducats. The Austrians reluctantly accepted. England had no border changes, which was its goal. There was already too much revolts in Ireland and France, and King Richard did not need any futher rebellions on his hands, especially from more Gaelic peoples who England had little tolerance for.

EngPolicyJune1506.JPG

English domestic policy was also altered to reflect the growing needs of the favoured merchant and middle classes, or plutocracy in Greek.

The Age of Discovery

The Ottomans have full control now of the mainland Greeks, but have yet to gain any Muslim conversions in Europe. It appears as though the slow Turkish advance had led to the Greeks retaining their culture, and the great city of Constantinople is still loyal to Christianity. It is predicted that the city's people shall always be Christians, as converting over 100,000 people will be quite costly for the Ottoman Sultan. So he keeps his palace in Asia Minor. The Orthodox Alliance of Wallachia (four provinces), Moldova (three provinces), and Georgia (two provinces), had managed to defeat the Turks (and Hugarians) in open war on several occasions. However, the Islamic control of Constantinople and the Levant mean that an alternate route to the Mysterious East needs to be found.

BalkansJune1506.JPG

One day, the Chrisians shall take back Greece, Constantinople, and the Holy Land. In the meantime, a bit of exploring will do Europe some good!

In Rome, the Papal armies have annexed Sienna, a mountainous city-state in Italy. The Pope is already angered that the Western Italian Alliance had stripped him of all his lands, except for Rome, and took control of Sienna, the buffer state between the Southern and Western Italian Alliances*. In Tuscany, the great artist Michelangelo begins his rise in the world of arts, and the Renaissance in Italy is in full swing.

The English colony of Maine reaches a population of roughly 1056. The Crown had sent an army to crush the 2,000 natives in the region, who were highly aggressive and could pose a threat to the peaceful colonists living there. A tax collector was appointing to revenue-collecting in Maine, and the colonists could now be recruited for military service to England.

MaineJune1506.JPG

The English colony Maine. A small step in England's rise as a colonial power, but it will give the Crown a forward base for future explorations.

The nation of Portugal is the leading European nation in overseas exploration, with Spain rising quickly as a dominant power. Ferdinand and Isabella of Spain, who successfully made Aragon and Castile one nation, have granted Sevilla the rights of becoming the official port of the Spanish empire overseas. Nearly a decade earlier had Cristopher Columbus (or Christopho Colombo, as he was called in his native Genoa) sailed out in search of a passage to India and found the new world.

*: The Western Italian Alliance contains Modena, Genoa, Savoy, and The Palatinat. It used it contain Milan and Tuscany as well.
*: The Southern Italian Alliance contains the Papal States and Naples. The Eastern Italian alliance of Venice and the Papal States has been replaced by the Southern Italian Alliance, due to the League of Cambrai, where the Pope tried to reduce Venetian dominance over Northern Italy.

Last edited:
jwolf - I plan on stripping France of everything I can. I will either try and annex them completely, leave them with what they have currently, or making them a vassal with Ile-de-France and Provence so they can have a bit of a navy. As for the Scottish, I'm gonna take them completely!

Those Scots are rather pesky that way - always sitting there just waiting for you to attack.

Looks like you are doing fairly well in the exploration game.

Keep up the great work!

Turmoil and Colonization
1508-12

England was still trying to assimilate its newfound Irish and French possessions from the War of Burgundian Inheritance and the Friesen War, which collectively became known as the King Richard Wars, since it faced both times the same alliance of France, Brittany, Sweden, Scotland, and Prussia (although France did not enter the second war). During the King Richard Wars did England successfully found and established its first overseas colony, Maine, which would serve as the nucleas for England's future empire in North America. The death of John Cabot marked the end of the high attrition suffered by ships exploring North America. Exploring parties could now sail out from Maine and travel along the coast, thus avoiding high attrition. The next great English explorer was S. Cabot (Samuelo Cabotto in Italian), a Genoese relative of John Cabot. He discovered unchartered waters along the North American coast, and discovered lands around Maine, to the south of the Lenape Indians, around the Gulf of St. Lawrence, and the Bahamas.

The colony of Maine was expanded rapidly and trading posts were founded in Roanoke and Santee. A colony south of Maine, called Boston, was built in the region called Massachussetts, and another trading post was founded in Gaspesie. King Richard the Third died in 1509 in his palace in London, to be replaced by Henry Tudor, now King Henry the Eighth of England, who be the first of the Tudor House of English monarchs. In 1512, S. Cabot died on a voyage back from the Bahamas and the natives of Gaspe destroyed the English settlement there. The trading post of Acadie was built to offset these major setbacks in North America.

NAAug1512.JPG

North America, August 7th, 1512

The main reason explaining the rapid increase in English colonies was the massive turmoil and instability back home in England. The Enclosure Act, greatly benefitting wealthy landowners, was passed by King Richard and Parliament, mainly due to the long-term benefits of this bill. More people would move into towns and cities, thus destroying the old feudal system, which brought little profits to the federal government in London. This caused widespread unrest in England, as entire families flocked to towns to find low-wage jobs as servants or in industry. Also, plagues broke out across England and France, causing instability and depopulation to the regions effected by it. The new King Henry refused to grant the nobility more priveleges (who had greedily benefitted from the Enclosure Acts passed by King Richard the Third), which angered the aristocracy and caused even more instability. Henry also granted the plutocracy greater power in governing England, and this caused more instability from the nobility. England was in so much turmoil it could not go to war with another nation, leaving colonization as its only option.

The Austrian alliance expired, and its members went seperate ways. Austria disgustingly joined France's alliance, and so when England was asked to form a new alliance with the Spanish, they wholeheartedly accepted. England now had Austria as a potently enemy, as they had a claim on Artois, a French region in England's hands (gained from the War of Burgundian Alliance) that was considered part of the Netherlands. France had gained control over Baltic lands in Germany, vassalized three Italian and German states, and military access through 20 countries. Their alliance was now formidable, and becoming quite a threat to England.

castle.jpg

Spanish castles are much nicer than Austrian ones, one of the obvious perks of being allied with Spain as opposed to Asutria.

Exodus from England
1512-30

Since the death of S. Cabot in 1512, which marked the end of his four-year exploration career, English colonial power exploded. The North American colonies swelled in size from a population of 1,700* to 6,700 in 1530. Trading posts were expanded and new ones were built in Isle Royale, Belle Isle, Newfoundland, and in the region the French exploreres called Acadia (named after the beautiful Arcadia region of Greece). The colonies of Bangor and Halifax (Nova Scotia) were founded as colonies of settlement and as ports for North American goods. Boston experienced a small boom of immigration, but it soon stopped as colonists preferred settling in Halifax, which was closer to England, or Maine, which was the largest colony in America. A trading post in the Bahamas was established among the natives and others in Acadia were expanded. The 2,000-man English force in Maine set out to crush the Mic-Mac tribes of Acadia, who were extremely aggressive to England. Only in Halifax would some of the natives - a mere 300 - be assimiliated into the colony (and only then as cheap labour).

NADec1530.JPG

North America, December 8th, 1530

The reason for the vast amounts of people moving from England to America was continued instability at home. The Protestant Reformation movement sweeped through much of Northern Europe, including England. England's heartland was now Protestant, and the King thought that through persecution these new groups would return to Catholicism. The Protestants assembled armies in the Midlands and Bristol, but were firmly crushed by English armies from Northumberland and Anglia. The Protestants managed to gain control of Lincoln, but Henry's forces assaulted their regional stronghold and managed to secure the region. Like Alexander of Greece after his victories over Darius of Persia, Henry permitted the new religion and tried to form a union with the now pacified Protestants. However, Henry's goals of regaining stabilty for England were dwarfed by plagues on both sides of the Channel once more, and sweeping reforms for free trade were made. Worse yet, the Fine Arts Academy in Anglia was burnt to the ground, which shattered the artistic heart of the vast English realm. The nation was still stuck in turmoil.

*: 1,700 is an estimate of the colonial population accumulated by data from earlier dates and estimates.

Last edited:
The Highlands War
1525-8

The declaration of war to the King of Scotland from King Henry VIII came as no shock. England had frequently threatened the Scottish King with war, and the two nations had fought many bloody battles in Northern England and Scotland, with almost no gain for either side (other than Ulster going to England). But there was a new king in town. His name was Henry the Eighth, and he wanted to add another realm to his vast lands: Scotland. On May 1st, 1525, England sent orders for its troops to invade the Scottish lands. However, the large movements of Scottish troops from the Highlands to the English border meant that the English would have to wait for reinforcements before an attack on the Scottish capital.

Scotland was still a part of the old French alliance (which France was no longer a part of), that contained Britany and other various Baltic nations. Meanwhile, Brittany sent forces through Northern France to take Calais and Artois. England retaliated by besieging Morbihan, Brittany's capital. In a hurried rush to get back to their capital, Brittany attempted to assault the English fortress at Artois. But it was unsuccessful, and with their capital under attack, they quickly settled for a "return to status quo" peace.

In Scotland, English forces took a lightly defended Lothian, while a 33,000-man Scottish army held a defensive position based in Strathclyde (England's army in Scotland numbered some 30,000, but seventy percent of it was composed of cavalry and cannons). Lothian was taken by 15,000 Englishmen, who then took the two northern Scottish provinces. Spain landed a force of 18,000, while Portugal sent 2,000 to aid England. After the Spanish assault on Starthclyde succeeded, Scotland launched a successful counterattack. Finally, England sent its 30,000 man to Strathclyde, where it annihilated the 17,000 defenders. The city was assaulted and Scotland made into an English vassal. The British Isles were united at last, although in a somewhat loose manner.

BriDec1530.JPG

Scotland falls to the English crown on July 3rd, 1528, at the end of the Highlands War.

BBC News, 1530

"Hello, I'm Geoffrey Badgerton, and this is BBC News," said Geoff. "The vassalization of Scotland is now reaping in its rewards, as much of its tax revenues go to King Henry the Eighth as tribute. Scotland's foreign policy is now limited to alliances with England or - well, just England. Monthly revenues for the crown are at an all-time high at around 70 decats monthly. One quarter of it is now being sent to the royal treasury to pay for the two loans taken during Henry's reign. Now to you, Maddy."

"Thanks, Geoff," smiled the yellow-toothed Maddy. "Colonization is all the rage in England! Nearly seven thousand Englishmen have moved to America, so why don't you! Free land for farming and homes, just sitting there! All you have to do is kill (or scare away) the natives living on it. So take a horse to Portsmouth or Anglia and sign up to become a colonist! This message has been paid for by the Department of Exploration and Colonization."

"sellout" coughed Oliver.

"Good one!" pointed out Geoff.

"Hey, someone's got to pay the bills," reasoned Maddy.

They both nodded with agreeing mumbles.

"Say, Olly, is that a hook on your arm?" asked Maddy.

"What is this the Spanish Inquisition? Yes, I have a hook," said Oliver indignantly.

"You lost your hand?" asked Goeff.

"No, just all the fingers on it. Not a pretty site. But the hook looks kinda cool, like a pirate!" said hook-handed Oliver. "Anyways, back to the news for now. The Reformation sweeps across Northern Europe, and many Englishmen convert as well. German princes are divided over Catholicism and Protestantism, and bitter religious conflicts ensue. King Henry VIII, however keeps England to Catholicism, despite most of England being Protestant. This however, will ensure loyalty from his holdings in Ireland, France, and overseas. The King has promised religious freedom - provided it's Christianity - to all people of his realm."

"That's why I got this cool t-shirt, Olly. It says 'Luther is Cool!' Look at his dreamy eyes and fashionabel hat. He makes me want to be impure!"

"Well, fortunately for Maddy, this is all legal in England. Although I think it may constitute for idol worship... I'm Geoffrey Badgerton and this has been another edition of BBC News."

luther.jpg

Martin Luther, with his dreamy eyes and fashionable hat is like the Brad Pitt of 16th century Europe!

BBC News Report

Scotland is currently an English vassal

English revenues are at 70 ducats a month

Protestant Reformation happened to us

Six of the ten provinces in England are Protestant

Complete religious tolerance for Catholics and Protestants

Last edited:
That shifting of the earth in Germany is Luther turning in his grave at the thought of being compared to Brad Pitt ;)

Good to see the colonising getting underway.

I see Henry's not quite fallen prey to those bastard Protestants just yet. I assume he's married Catherine, however, what with the Spanish alliance - will there be issue? ;) And if not, will he break from the Pope? I look forward to the next BBC report to fill me in.

And by the time this whole thing is over, Ollie will be a shell of a man. The poor sod keeps losing more and more of himself. Poor, poor fellow! :rofl:

Yeah, ironically I had a royal marriage with Spain before they invited me to create a new alliance. After Cathy, methinks I'm going to have a marriage with Kleeves, and then break it! :rofl: I'll have to make a post exclusively for when Henry breaks from the Church and his six wives. I just need some advice on whether I should take more of France, leave them be, or take even more lands. However, I don't Napoleon to rule over a two-region France! ;) That won't be a challenge!

The last two posts may be a bit long, it took me a few hours to make them.

Last edited: