• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
ah, glad that update had none of that whimpy peace stuff to clutter it up

your progress is awesome but I still suspect it could all crash down around you

I thought it might for a while, but once I passed a certain point, the endless wardecs stopped. The only thing slowing me atm is infamy. :p But I'm a little bit ahead of the updates.

1491-1500 Yup.

So there I was, killing Tims. Life was spiffy. As noted, I had a border with Castile. They declared Holy War!

OE14911.jpg

Mmkay, time to kill more Spaniards. Castile had 3 provinces in easy reach, so I sieged all three locations.

Like all the others before, stacks came by sea and were completely wiped out. At first, he was sending in his troops 16k at a time.

I got another stab hit event in 1492, then wrapped up my war with Tims, but made them pay money this time, in hopes that they would start to collapse so I wouldn't need to send so many colonies!!

OE14923.jpg

I was also hoping Bohemia would get their S together and start colonizing north of me for the same reason. I watched the back and forth between Bohemia and GH with mild interest.

The Castilian forces were horribly bad. I wasn't sure how they were winning any wars anywhere, other than just by blobbing. All I knew was... they fought with the fierceness of sheep!

I peaced out with GH again, happy to have them and Bohemia killing one another for me!

I restarted my invasion of Egypt with a wardec on the Mams.

Castile sent white peace offer. LAUGH! Die. More.

OE14951.jpg

Tims were having some trouble with revolts after paying me money, and got into a TSC that would make them late for the restart of war.

I think I drained all of Castile's manpower, forcing them to start sending mercs. Way to scrape the bottom, boys!

Then I made peace with Mams on the following terms: You suck, give me land.

OE14961.jpg

Then the Spaniards started sending fewer and fewer troops. What were they doing?! They were invading Russia. Mmmkay, guess I know where I will be going.

I gave GH peace again, still watching them fight the Bohemians. I got some popcorn. I killed more Spaniards!

OE14992.jpg

After a delay, Tim war was back on! Revolts weren't totally out of control for them, so I sent in 40k to do it the oldschool way.

So, after 100 years, my country is the second largest economy (not a surprise, OE starts strong) my troops are -still- the best, and the rest of the world still sucks and can kiss the Sultans...

Anyhow, things were looking just fine in 1499. Sorry Loki, don't think there will be a collapse in my future, but who knows!

I had colonies growing in Tims all along the border by 1500.

OE15004.jpg

At the very end of 1500, I gave Castile peace, they gave me all their money and their border province. They were down to 15k troops. LOL!

Oh, this was the map in 1499:

EU3_MAP_TUR_14991115_1.jpg

1501-1510

In 1501, Bohemia -finally- got a border with me. I considered invading right away, but decided to let them do more colonizing before beating up the HRE.

I restarted my war v Mams, but this time used the wrong CB so ended up just forcing them to give up cores/abandon allies, and then sponsored rebels to try and flip his southern provinces.

I got another stab hit. MAN I love those. Think at this point I'd been pumping stab for most of the last 10 years.

In 1504 I got a border dispute, nothing major. Still just killing time killing Tims. Nothing is more fun!

My war restarted with GH. I was willing to give them an easy peace, but they needed some thrashing this time. My troops went to deliver that to them.

OE15044.jpg

Sometimes I really miss the HTTT days where you could annex horde territory. After crushing the GH I gave them peace because I just did't have the colonists to do anything, as I was still expanding into Persia.

By 1505 I was backward enough in tech to westernize, so I did! Just because I westernized does -not- mean the Sultan admits westerners are better! I was simply doing it to better understand our enemies!

OE15052.jpg

A few years earlier, the Pope had annexed Byzantium. Oh, it was too good. Then, his holiness warned us. Wtf. Invade.

OE15053.jpg

Bohemia didn't come to his papal defense?! Too bad. Armies ->invade, kill, assault. Annex cost too high! Hmm. I considered just sitting on Rome for a few years till the cost to annex dropped.

Free slider move -> narrow minded.

I made peace leaving Rome for later, taking everything else.

OE15072.jpg

As that was going on, Montenegro had warned me also!

OE15083.jpg

Then I attacked the Mams again, with correct CB this time. Yay! Took their capital, funded rebels further South.

My next mission was perfectly times, since I was beating on GH already.

OE15101.jpg

Was a very boring 10 years that involved killing rediculous amounts of horde armies, but I was leading all 'major' powers in land tech so not even worth talking about in detail.

Very impressive work, as always in your AAR's, how is your tech progressing? Do you think you will be able to afford westernization somewhen in the next 100 years?

Lol I was posting when you put this up. :)

BAH! Who needs westernization? That would make the OE like "them", which they are clearly not. Westerners are meant to be killed, not imitated :p

It's only called "Westernization" because 'they' named it that! The Sultan has correctly named it "modernization" which is what it is. :D The Sultan cannot allow 'them' to be better in any way than us! So we had to act.

But why would you want to understand your enemies? :eek: Why not just kill them? :p

Hmm, the beginnings of Ottoman Italy. Always a nice moment in games with the Turk.

But why would you want to understand your enemies? :eek: Why not just kill them? :p

Hmm, the beginnings of Ottoman Italy. Always a nice moment in games with the Turk.

I can beat them in any 'one' tech, but if I want to invade England, Spain, and everywheer 'they' are (and believe me, I really really do) I need the whole deal. :)

I can beat them in any 'one' tech, but if I want to invade England, Spain, and everywheer 'they' are (and believe me, I really really do) I need the whole deal. :)

Yeah, of course I understand and agree with the in-game decision, I just disagree with the narrative about understanding. :D

Yeah, of course I understand and agree with the in-game decision, I just disagree with the narrative about understanding. :D

It was intentionally supposed to be a weak excuse, like all my excuses for doing everything I do in this game. :) I thought my excuse for attacking Venice was the best!

Oh, I very much approve! :D

Very nice.

1511-1520

I don't think I've explained my army breakdown, so I'll do so. Most of the game, I've used 10k 6inf/4cav and an assault stack of 14k infantry+1cav as my 'main' stacks, and coastal defense stacks that have gotten bigger or smaller depending on who I was fighting.

Now back to the update!

This decade started with more horde bashing, as mentioned already. Kinda Zzz. I peaced out with Tims when I started sending colonists north.

France suddenly took a provence next door to me. Great news! Once my navy is ready...

OE15121.jpg

I kept colonizing... I really was hoping Bohemia would help me out and take a bunch of territory to my north.

Castile. They called for a HW vs Morocco. Seriously?! At least they might start moving East from there.

War back on with Tims. Mmkay. Armies -> kill/assault.

Then this:

OE15161.jpg

-Wrong- CB. Sigh. Ally Bohemia didn't join them. Aww.

Armies -> Crush. Assault. Win! Naples: give up your cores, allies, money.

While that fight was going on, mission complete.

OE15171.jpg

I really really hate that province. I was considering cancelling it again for now, but then...

OE15173.jpg

WTF. DIE!!!!

Armies of Bohemia, the great HRE himself = CRUSHED!!! By OE.

Knights:

OE15182.jpg

Bohemia = humiliated/defeated/forced to make peace.

OE15183.jpg

Sultan tells Bohemia: Back to colonizing GH so we can annex them from you later!

Army and navy continued killing the Italians who should have been minding their own business!

Colonized a little more GH, then made peace.

Tim war was late! So I started another one.

Jalayirids before war:

OE15201.jpg

A few months later:

OE15202.jpg

OE now looks like this:

OE15203.jpg

More killing of 'them' to come later.

Are you keeping track of the overall body count? ;)

Really good stuff, as always!

Are you keeping track of the overall body count? ;)

Really good stuff, as always!

Nah, it would take too long to count, but I can definitively say more people have probably died already then should be possible with the populations being what they are in various countries.

1521-1530: OE reverts to Paganism, calling in Djin to kill the crusaders. Heh.

So the decade started with war v Tims.

Much as you would expect, I was killing them and colonizing East.

I took another stab hit which totally made my day.

My 3rd NI was colonial ventures, and the Eastern border looked something like this:

OE15242.jpg

Then tragedy on a grand scale.

Not for me, for them.

OE15243.jpg

I dunno what they were thinking was going to happen, but I know what did happen probably wasn't it.

About 60k Bohemians slaughtered, 3 provinces assaulted. I chased them down and they fought like enraged... parakeets!

After running away for a while, they sued for and were given white peace. Get back to colonizing!!! Slackers.

OE15251.jpg

Naples forces destroyed completely. Army, navy, everything gone. Territories plundered. Queen fondled.

Naples sued for peace too. Offer: they give us all territories, and all money. OE Reply: REQUEST DENIED!!

OE15252.jpg

In the East, Tims still being killed.

Naples, getting war subsidies. Can't spend it. Repeat offer later with lots more cash added in. FINE!

We take everything but your capital. I'm sure their next move will be sending me a warning, which I bet will work out well for them.

OE15271.jpg

Astrakhan colonized. New horde border. Troops invade, kill, assault, etc.

While that goes on, this:

OE15273.jpg

And that of course led to this:

OE15281.jpg

And I was then at war with... half of Europe somehow over Naxos. So, they all died all over.

Took several years to beat them all down! Navies died. Armies died. It was pretty sweet.

New blue horde given peace: they pay me money.

These were all the people I was at war with over Naxos:

OE15293.jpg

Their warfighting abilities were unworthy of any other screenshots.

Seperate peace was made with the juniors I could reach: give up cores, cash, allies, etc.

In the East, I kept going... East! Seemed pretty logical.

OE15301.jpg

Sooo that was the decade from 1521-1530.

Last edited: