• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
That is indeed a rather bombastic medal.

and of course, the test run will reveal some flaws to the doctrine! ooo airfields around the border of korea and manchuria?

Fenwick: ..."Members of the general staff have mentioned that we will liberating one of the weaker Asian states by early 1937."..."What do you think?"

true victory for communism can only be achieved by liberating everyone! ! :D

excellent! ! :cool:

The entire eighth floor of the Red Army’s Moscow Administration building belonged to Major General Geost Riater. From account summary analysis, to military budget overviews, it all fell under the scrutinizing eyes of Riater. Sitting at the standard Red Army issue desk, using his red pen, and rubber stamp like a sword and shield, he cut through misleading statistics, and vetoed requests for unneeded materials.
photo055dq.jpg
“Sergi!” Riater yelled out. From the other side of the door, and man ran in holding various file folders in his hands. He saluted the General and dropped most of his files onto the office floor.

“Sir.”

“Page eighty one, line seventeen has a discrepancy.” He looked at the young corporal collect all the files on the floor. He looked up, “uh...Which paper are you looking at sir?”

Riater held out a brown folder, “This is the report on southern airfields along the Middle Eastern border.” He then pulled out another folder, “ This is a report on the construction of airfields along the Korean, Manchurian border. Care to point out the problem I am noticing?”

The young man looked over each file, and scratched his head trying desperately to find out what was wrong, “ I cannot see it, Comrade General.”

Riater cracked his knuckles, reaching forward and with his red pen circling the articles in question, “ Do you see the problem now?”
i8i1fb.jpg
“ Well this field cost 2,000 rubles, and this one near Korea costs about 2,500. Is that the problem?”

The General sighed, “Sergi, an airfield costs close to twenty thousand rubles to make. I have a feeling whatever I say to you will be wasted, so go across the hall and inform Col. Volgin about this problem. I want a full investigation.”

The young man saluted and walked off with his files. Geost turned back to his files going over everything he could. He had a deadline of January 18th; he suspected the first of many future wars would begin then in 1937. So he was given the task of ensuring that every single military unit was not wasteful in any way. He still felt the Karpov doctrine was a huge waste of resources, but he had to admit the sheer volume of troops available was awe-inspiring.

Grudging praise. I wonder what the cause of that discrepency. Sounds nefarious, but could be just a typo!

stnylan: Grudging praise. I wonder what the cause of that discrepancy. Sounds nefarious, but could be just a typo!

you would think that not all airfields would cost exactly the same. ball park figure, true. things that could be different would be the cost of materials as some would be closer to the need than others. of course, some labor could be slave labor which would be cheaper than full price labor! ! ;)

biplanes!? the red army is sure in trouble if they use that! then again its only japanese fighters....:p i still dont see the problem...after all they are saving 18000-17500 rubles for an airfield! whats wrong with that? :p

Feofan Karpov sat in the darkness of his office; the light from the hall gave just enough to make out the various objects before him. The glass beside the vodka bottle, filled with the most valued of liquids. At least to Feofan it was. The young Colonel stared at the empty glass for sometime before refilling it.
z120505293eb.jpg
The vodka was hard; not the smooth liquor made for the party, but from a corner store made for the average Moscow citizen. Feofan made a face as he glanced at the clock. It was 1:22 am. Standing up the young man, who was rather drunk stumbled from his office. He was hoping another soul would in the building, but after a few minutes he found nothing but a cleaning woman milling about. Returning to his office he sighed, “ No one wants to share the glory?”

With a laugh he threw the empty bottle against the wall. His entire life Feofan had never been as nervous as he was right now. Over in Asia it was almost 5:00 am, at that moment the first of many wars would begin. It was either the start of the greatest conquests in the history of the world or the first of any numbers of defeats.

“And I get all the credit,” Feofan sighed and turned the light on in his office. Outside Moscow was still alive; in fact he doubted if any really knew what was going to occur in a few hours. Looking to his desk he eyed his pistol for the briefest of seconds wondering what to do if he failed. Such thoughts is why Feofan hated alcohol, it made him weak. Weak in his mind, he doubted himself.

His hand rested on the back of his chair, “ When I succeed, I shall be one of many brilliant military minds who got Stalin his victory. Yet if I lose I get to take every form of blame.”

“Thinking of yourself again? For shame Comrade Karpov.” Viktor Viktor Kraminov and Kliment Pavlyuchenko stood at the door smiling. Kliment was flushed looking like he was drinking as well, Viktor held up an empty glass, “Care for some company?”

“Of course, I have another bottle on the shelf there.” Feofan sat down and watched as Viktor opened the vodka pouring himself a big glass.

“Close to fifteen years of planning, and I get stressed ten minutes before anything starts.” Kliment said aloud.

“ I personally…” Feofan began talking but the phone on his desk started to ring. All three men eyed it for a moment, Feofan looked to his friends.

“Answer the phone dammit!” Viktor shouted.

Lifting the receiver up Feofan cleared his throat, “Hello?”

“Colonel Karpov?”

“Yes?”

“ Operation Ivan has commenced.”
untitled5pw.jpg
Feofan set the phone down and let out a heavy sigh. Kliment and Viktor leaned forward eagerly, “Well?”

“It has started.”

Nervous times.

Fenwick: ...“It has started.”

at last! ! :D

The long line of Russian infantry walked through the late January snow. Normally each step would send a man into six inches of snow, but with a full pack on every step sent a mans foot close to ten inches into the newly fallen snow. Viktor Kraminov watched the film in the small Red Army theater; it looked like so many training films, and news report from the Urals, or maybe even Siberia.
rus5vw.jpg
Yet as the camera turned it showed the sloping mountains of Northern Sinkiang. A young Soviet troop smiled waving at the camera, a man in the front row of the theater waved back. Behind the rows of soldiers and the waving Russian where the heavy artillery and supplies pulled by horses. Far in the distance almost like a fly on the wall where the trcuks and motorized vehicles of the Red Army. Of course in such a mountainous terrain they where not very useful and more of a burden then anything else.

Viktor smiled, it had only been two weeks since Russian troops moved into the small Chinese region. With almost no resistance it was an enjoyable experience for most, at least that is what most letters the censors looked at said. The mountain infantry was extremely successful, covering close to fifteen miles a day. Feofan Karpov worried about such a pace constantly; in fact Viktor was getting a little annoyed at how his friend reacted to any delay in his timetables. All over the Soviet union people where in a good mood. Tales of quick advancment fell upon the ears of the joyful Soviet people, and newspapers cheered the vigilant NKVD for capturing forgien agents.

Viktor leaned in and spoke to his aide, “When we get to my office get all the reports regarding logistical supply lines.”

“Yes Comrade Colonel.”

“Do you have a cigarette?” Viktor said as he looked longingly at his empty pack.

“I do not smoke Comrade,” The aide said softly.

“See to it you carry them none the less,” Viktor replied.

The film ended with a group of Soviet troops sitting in front of a small town the hammer and sickle banner held in their hands. Viktor smiled, a few of the men in the room clapped, they all then left as a group. Back at the fourth floor of the Red Army General Staff building, Viktor sat behind his desk and looked around his personal office. The walls where covered in exotic firearms, his personal sidearm hang right next to a Chinese broom handle mauser. Opening his drawer he pulled out his emergency cigarette, lighting it quickly he inhaled his favorite of all addictions.
spies7ix.jpg
When his door flew open Viktor almost swallowed his cigarette. Looking up at Kliment he frowned, “What in the name of Moscow are you doing? Trying to kill me?”

“The politburo is holding a meeting in an hour we are “requested” to attend.”

“Does Feofan know?”

“He is already at the Kremlin. Get presentable and let’s go.”

Fenwick: ...The mountain infantry was extremely successful, covering close to fifteen miles a day...

fifteen miles a day is a lot! ! even without combat! ! ::WOW::

Fenwick: ...“See to it you carry them none the less,” Viktor replied.

not good. not good. them cigarettes are gonna kill him, if the Party lets him live long enough! ! ;)

Fenwick: ...“The politburo is holding a meeting in an hour we are “requested” to attend.”

hmmm. something about this “request” business does not sound good! ! :wacko:

Fenwick: ...Get presentable and let’s go.”

what, you are not there already? ? tsk, tsk! ! :D

A meeting? That could be both good and bad.

It's back! Whoa.

Now we shall see the Karpov Doctrine applied at last! Using such a name makes me wonder...did you change your land doctrine tree to anything else or remain Human Wave?

AntiochusIII: ...did you change your land doctrine tree to anything else or remain Human Wave?

i am glad that you asked that question! ! i am interested to know the answer as well ! ! :cool: