• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Woohoo! Forward comrades!

... and Alexus steals the 100th post! :D

I am reminded of a phrase my brother uses: no plan survives first contact with the enemy. We'll soon see how this plan deals with reality.

Feofan Karpov sat in the private theater of the Moscow Milita. He watched reel after reel of the vast empty wilderness tot he East. Rocky mountains, steep cliffs, and very little natural resources in between the small villages that filled the area.
stalin331ux.jpg
Viktor Kraminov sat beside his friend, lighting yet another cigarette. "Those new divisions we have under way will preform wonderfully in those lands."

"True, but I wish we had more of a mix. Members of the newscorp want a good "mixture" to show the unity of Russian peoples, and Soviet Republics." Karpov said.

Viktor laughed, "Comrade Pavlyuchenko is out there with them. He cares nothing for such things. He wants victory."

"I want victory too, but would it hurt to have a nice looking one?"

Another reel was shown this time of tank tests rolling down a newly built road. Karpov smiled at that he and many others within his cliche pushed hard for good road ways between town so the Russian mud would not slow down the motorized troops.

"How fast are these going?" Feofan asked looking to his friend.
bt22fn.jpg
"That is the T-36 light tank. I have clocked it going about twenty three miles and hour at full load. A minimum load, and that is just the gas tank and about ten shells it got to twenty seven." Viktor grinned as the screen showed the tank plowing over a dummy machine gun nest.

Feofan stood up and put his coat on, "I need to meet with a few Generals and advise them. Care to join me?"

I'm sure they will be able to scrape together an idealised unit for the newsies, and keep the rest just as is.

Fenwick: ...Feofan stood up and put his coat on, "I need to meet with a few Generals and advise them. Care to join me?"

excellent updates! ! :cool:

The room was dark. Not very dark, but the two over hanging lamps caused shadows to fall across everything but the long table in the center of the room. The twelve men who sat around the table laid out their personal papers, proposals, and whatever else they felt was needed. Feofan Karpov sat at the far end of the table to his left was Viktor Kraminov, and Kliment Pavlyuchenko was to his right.

Feofan had just turned twenty seven, yet he was only a month or two older then his two friends. Dressed in the least formal of his dress uniforms, Feofan settled in for the meeting. At the opposite end of the table sat Vyacheslav Mikhailovich Molotov smoking a cigarette. Next to him was 1st Secretary of the Moscow City Committee Nikita Khruschev, then along with various men from the Red Army, and a few from the NKVD made up the rest of the table.

“I shall begin the meeting comrades.” Molotov said flatly. In the corner a young man hit the keys upon his type writer recording every thing said. “It is currently 7:24 pm, 15 March, 1936. I would like it to be known that while I am the chairman, I do not wish for formal proceedings. Say what you like, but please try to remain civil in tone.”

Feofan looked through his files, as he did a NKVD man spoke, “How is State Order 646 going about?”

“What is that?” Viktor said softly.

“The state expansion of the army.”
pic6xg.jpg
A red army Lt. General with gray hair stood up, “While some action has been taken in this area nothing of worth has been accomplished.”

Molotov looked over to the Red Army officers, “And why is this?”

Kliment spoke up, “ We have used up ninety percent of our budget this year on reinforcing existing divisions, as well as upgrading their equipment to 1936 standards. At this point we still have…” Kliment reached into a file folder pulling out a list, “ Of 135 divisions, 90 are still obsolete, and out of 21 brigades, 20 are obsolete.”

“When these upgrades are made how long till new soldiers can appear?” Molotov asked.

Feofan spoke up, “ By June we can begin a general mobilaztaion. On paper our best estimates are close to twenty divisions made by late winter next year. But this is on top of infrastructure, and industrial improvements.”

Molotov nodded, “Thank you comrade.”

“I would like to inquire as to how the various research funds are worth the cost.” A fat Red Army Colonel said. He eyed Feofan and his friends, Kliment sent back a similar gaze, while Viktor just grinned.

“Explain yourself.” Molotov said, he was a dedicated communist, and anything that was a waste of what resources the Soviets had was to stricken away as soon as possible.

“We are spending a great deal of our budget improving our existing troops. Why is all technical research being spent on further improvements? Is it not a better plan to find out better logistics, and developments methods?” The Colonel said.

“This is a good point. Comrades?”

Viktor stood up and with his typical flare began speaking, “Ahh good question. Why in the world would we ever work to make our army the most advanced in the world? I for the life of me cannot think of any instance in which having superior weaponry would assist a common soldier. Can you Comrade Karpov?”

“Comrade, sarcasm is wasted upon this broad.” Molotov said bluntly.

“Apologies Comrade. I do wish to point out without all of the technological application, and research we have done these past ten years the Red Army may well have two kilometer per hour tanks, biplanes, and nothing resembling a submachine gun in our army.” Viktor sat back down. The discussion was over, and Viktor had won.
biggun6ob.jpg
Feofan sat back and listened to the rest of the meeting. It was to be an almost monthly proceeding, going over every aspect of the doctrine, the dialect, and how the Soviet Union was preparing for the conflicts, and liberations ahead.

Last edited:
Short and sharp.

Fenwick: ...It was to be an almost monthly proceeding

most excellent! ! :cool:

however, one bad. upgrading before the tech improvements are completed wastes time and "money". specifically, IIRC those upgrades that are the last to be done always cost ~25 % of new production. each upgrade before that is ~25 % of the next upgrade. thus, the 'second' from last upgrade costs ~6.25 %, whereas the upgrade one before that cost ~1.6 %, etc. by waiting for the upgrades you cost yourself very little time but save a massive amount of resources. the most efficient use of your IC in this time period is expanding your IC, and stockpiling supplies. i favor expanding your IC...

Major General Geost Raiter was in his late fifties and looked very much the Red Army man. Tall, lean, but on the muscular side, he had an analytical mind that was almost impossible to match. He also had jet black hair that seemed to spit in the face of Fathertime, every time the man took his cap off. Colonel Kliment Pavlyuchenko sat in his small office over looking a corner of Red sqaure, well it would if a building was not in the way.
stalorg2mt.jpg
"Good day Comrade. I am told you have something to tell me?" Kliment, unlike his friends was always welcome to another point of view. Raiter sat down, and removed his gloves, "I have been attached to a logistical, and divisional commitee concerning the actions your doctrine encourages. As such I am entitled to information from a wide selection of sources."

"And what, if anything, does your research tell you?" Kliment said softly. He was hard with anyone below him, either by rank or intellect, but he felt General Raiter an equal in every respect.

"To be blunt... upgrading before the any technological or simple training improvements are a complete waste of time as well as money."

Kliment blinked, his only sign of reacting to such a statement, "How so?"

"Specifically, as the Red Army budget is limited this year, from state improvements, or military, until Comrade Stalin allows us to use the bulk of our budget, which he only will if he sees actual improvements." Raiter moved about Kliment's desk, a limp in his left leg from the Great War decades before. Rumor had it he rescued his current wife by jumping from a second story farm house window as he escaped fromt he Germans. After pouring himself a glass of water he sat back down.
photo295el.jpg
"These upgrades that are being done always cost 25 % of a new production. Each upgrade before that is 25 % of the next upgrade. Thus, the 'second' from last upgrade costs 6.25 %, whereas the upgrade one before that cost 1.6 %, etc. by waiting for the upgrades you cost yourself almost no time but, and I stress this, save a massive amount of resources. the most efficient use of our industrial capacity in this time period is expanding our industry, and stockpiling supplies.While I favor expanding our industry, I am well aware what I say may fall upon deaf ears."

"Oh not at all. In fact we came up with such a problem earlier. If I may point out our timetable has the first military action occuring by at least 1937. If say we were aiming at a war date of 1938, or 1939 then maybe cost benefits, and resource stockpiling would be the route to go. But here is the important factor... we need an army today. Not in a few years, not in a week we need it today. By upgrading and reinforcing all of our current army divisions we have perhaps one of the most sophisticated, and reliable military forces on the planet." Kliment stretched his back, and rubbed the bridge of his nose.

"What is the point then if by 1938, two years away, our army is obsolete?" Raiter said.
photo218vn.jpg
"Good point. But if you recall, our Asian plans call for at least fifty four divisions by 1937. By 1938 we will have close to a hundred, true supplies will be low, but our army will be vast enough to simply over power our class enemies. So while in the long run we may fall short of certain supplies, we must recall that we need a large force capable of over taking every nonCommunist nation on the earth. So I would rather have a basic soldier out in the field and some superior soldiers along the way, then a great deal of inferior troops, and a handful of excellent ones," he glanced at his watch, and rembered he had a meeting with Viktor in an hour.

"Well I still disagree, but I will follow my orders. I am glad I got that off my chest though," with a nod Major General Geost Raiter began to sit up.

"I welcome any critique to the Karpov Doctrine. If we sort out the flaws now we shall not have to bother later."

Last edited:
Being able to take a little criticism to the Plan is good, in moderation ;)

Fenwick: ..."I welcome any critique to the Karpov Doctrine. If we sort out the flaws now we shall not have to bother later."

splendid! ! :cool:

oh, and thanks for the guest appearance! ! :)

GhostWriter said:
Fenwick: ..."I welcome any critique to the Karpov Doctrine. If we sort out the flaws now we shall not have to bother later."

splendid! ! :cool:

oh, and thanks for the guest appearance! ! :)

No problem Geost.

Red Sqaure was filled with the people of Moscow, each one cheering and holding tiny red flags. Col. Feofan Karpov stood high above it all, watching the rows of Soviet soldiers march before the approval of the Great Stalin. Viktor Kraminov stood beside him, along his row of medals was the gaudy Soviet Administration Recognition medal. Feofan thought it was ridiculous, but he had three on his chest, one low level, and two with oak leaves around them so he could hardly complain.
odlikredjunakadela2rs.jpg
Stalin stood at the center of the loong ledge watching everything a small smile across his face. Feofan noticed that a small stone ledge was under the Premiers feet, making him appear taller then any beside him. Of course such things did nothing to dent to all consuming awe he held toward Stalin.

A roar passed over the crowd as the column of new Soviet tanks. Behind each tank was an artillery piece being towed. Feofan frowned at that, not because it was not amazing to see Soviet industry and military go hand in hand, but that no trucks could be spared to tow the artillery.

Viktor leaned close and whispered, "We need to discuss the changes to the doctrine."
rkka3dw.jpg
"Which ones?"

"Members of the general staff have mentioned that we will liberating one of the weaker Asian states by early 1937." Viktor said.

Feofan looked to his friend, as a sqaudron of planes flew overhead. He glanced back at the other military and party officials assembled. Viktor and Feofan leaving would be seen as disrespectful, but he needed to hear the new developments. Viktor held his hand up, "Calm yourself."

Feofan felt a piece of paper thrust into his hand. Looking at it, he saw the various calls for action, and all the dogma one would expect. Of course Feofan thought it made since, for how could the communist dialect be dogma of any sort?

"What do you think?" Viktor asked.

"We can handle one country Viktor. It is not like we are fighting the Germans here," Feofan leaned in, "After this let's get together with Kliment, and go over the Doctrine. I think the airbases are only completed around Japanese holdings. I doubt some backwater Chinese state will require airpower, but it would be nice to have it none the less."

"I'll make sure to call him..." Viktor leaned over the edge of the rail. Down below one of the newest light tanks rolled by. Feofan could not really see much of a change from the other tank models, but Viktor swore by the new tank designs. He even spoke of a medium tank coming out by 1938, Feofan would be happy with stronger weapons.
t309gz.jpg
Asia was to be a test run, and to train infantry for the greater battle to the West. With a grin Feofan stuffed the paper into his pocket. Turning out the cheering crowds he watched the mighty Soviet army move past. Victory was assured. Wasn't it?