• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
It's very good that New England was returned to the USA. I think its also fitting that Canada get Alaska as a reward for the war.

This result was probably the best one possible, it should settle any problems within North America until Mitteleuropa is defeated at least.

US-Canadian relations will be interesting in the future- the two countries are natural allies here and with New England returned to the US most of the resentment towards Canada should be gone. Canada was instrumental in defeating the CSA after all and for all the complaining the US has done they will still have a lot of goodwill towards them. At some point though the US is inevitably going to make a bid for the leadership of the Entente and how Canada responds to that will determine how the future turns out. If Canada resists and the US continues pressing their claims then the US will probably leave the Entente and I can see a Canada+CSA vs US cold war ensuing. The one thing I'm unsure of is what happens between the US and CSA- anyone have any ideas about that?

Villa near Buenos Aires
Republic of Argentina, Union of La Plata
27 November 2010
0017 hrs

Philippe Du Neville, former Minister of the Interior in French Republic and enemy of the state charged of highest treason, sat in garden of his private villa and read the newspaper. The news didn't make him any happier. French republic, together with Entente, was doing just fine. Incompetent African Syndicalists couldn't destroy the French republic. Even more, all Syndicalist regimes around the globe were eliminated by Entente. He hoped that Entente won't be able to find him one day. Mitteleropa was no danger for him: He was good citizen of La Plata. If enemies won't find him, he can live a nice life with help of diamonds from Union of Africa, exchanged for information about French security. Those thoughts brought peace to his mind. He hoped that current success of Entente is only temporary fortune. This alliance will fall apart itself, or will be destroyed by Mitteleuropa one day. He continued to read. Another news made him angry. French republic was doing really well: They have raised the funds for technical research. They surely have too much money!

muffenscavalry_4.jpg

Portugal was now also officially confirmed as new member of Entente. Fools! They joined this alliance as they needed full help against Syndicalist rebels that plagued Angola and Mozambique after defeated African Syndicalist armies fleed to neighbouring countries via holes in border defences. South Africa soon followed for the same reason. Entente was becomng dominant force in Africa. Du Neville wished that Germans will destroy all those pesky nations one day.

portugalallied.jpg

safallied.jpg

French republic reshaped the map of Africa. Despite the heavy local resistance, French created new protectorates in the North: Cameroon, Nigeria and Central Africa. Those areas actually became parts of French republic with some interior autonomy. In the distant areas in the South, especially in Kongolese jungles, situation was unbearable for French. Such harsh territory was hard to maintain under French command. French decided to create new loyal state under rule of former Syndicalist general that pledged his loyalty to Entente after destruction of Union of Africa. Kinshasa Republic was born. French also formally transfered territory of Libya to Egypt.

kinshasa.jpg

Afr_2.jpg

Afr_1.jpg

- Philippe Du Neville?

Du Neville raised his eyes from newspaper. - Yes?

Tall African in black clothes stood in front of him. His sunglasses were so dark that Du Neville wasn't able to see his eyes. Philippe Du Neville was shocked. He was unprepared for such question and accidentaly he gave the real name to stranger. But it didn't matter. Stranger probably knew who he is.

- Your data wasn't worth of our diamonds.

Du Neville knew that he must react fast. He quickly reached for a pistol in his pocket. Too late.

- Mister Mugabe is sending you best regards. - Stranger drawn a sawn-off shotgun from his black coat and spray of shots put an end to life of Philippe Du Neville. Traitor of French republic was never brought to justice by French: He was eliminated by Syndicalist assassin because of poor results of his dirty deal.​

Very good developments. National France is truly a global power now, and having Portugal and South Africa joining the Entente has made you situation in Africa almost unchallengeable.

Nice to see that traitor getting what he deserved too. Great update.

You have 5 tech teams now? Sweet!

Also, poor Du Neville, getting his head blown off by some Syndies. At least justice was eventually delivered.

So, the traitor is ripped to shreds by a Syndicalist assasin. Good for him!

Portugal and Africa could be useful allies, particularly Portugal which could act as a beachead on the European continent. Of course this is a mixed blessing as you'll have to heavily reinforce Portugal itself just so it can last a few weeks against Mitteleuropa. Good to see that Du Neville died a fitting death and Africa seems to be stabilising too.

How was the Roman saying?

I remember now:

Roma traditoribus non praemia.

Rome does not pay traitors. :D

@ Razgriz 2K9: It's default vanilla flag for East African Union. I gave it to Kinshasa Republic, since this flag wasn't really used by any nation IOTL.

Thanks for comments, everyone!

Algiers, French Republic
12 December 2010

portugese.jpg

- Looks like that evil Kaiser is on the work again.

- It really seems so, President Dassault. - replied Minister of the Interior, Louis Nicolas Bonaparte.

- Since interior security services of Entente cooperate quite well, I think you're the right man to explain the situation, Louis Nicolas.

- Well, there is a strong cooperation between branches of internal security of many members of Entente.

- Including Portugal?

- Yes.

- Well, can you tell me more about Francisco Fernando Salazar?

- I didn't know him very well. He was a deputy of Portugese minister of the interior and chief of Security Intelligence Service, Portugese secret service for interior security. His full name is Francisco Fernando Salazar de Braganza.

- Another noble?

- Yes, actually he is a Duke.

- Interesting. How did he manage to overthrow the goverment?

- Since the peak of Portugese goverment was on visit in Angola, he probably used this oportunity. You know the old saying: When the cat is not at home, the mice are having a party.

- He had only secret police under his command, how did he manage to take control over the country?

- It seems that majority of generals in Portugese mainland were part of the plot. Almost entire general staff, actually. However, commanders in overseas territories stayed loyal to legal goverment. Conspirators managed to take over only the Portugese mainland, and proclaimed Kingdom of Portugal there.

- If I'm not wrong, one of royal claimants has became the king?

- Yes, it seems that even conspirators respect dynastic laws. Duke Francisco didn't declare himself a king, he left the crown to his older brother. Brothers come from Saxen-Coburg and Gotha line of the House of Braganza.

- German dynasty which also rules England and Bulgaria?

- Indeed. Mitteleuropa has immediately recognized the new regime. In fact, Kingdom of Portugal is on it's way to become the full member of Mitteleuropa.

- I knew that Berlin is behind this. How can they mess with our allies? This is unbelievable!

- Germans couldn't allow to have Entente member inside the European fortress.

- At least the legal goverment still holds the power in overseas territories. They will rule from exile. How ironic: Another European nation is now exiled in Africa.

- Terrible irony, indeed.

portugese2.jpg

portugese3.jpg

portugese4.jpg

- Well, we can't do anything about that now. I just hope that any ally won't suffer the same fate. German agents are everywhere. Tell me, is situation in North America stable?

- Fortunately North America is stable, President Dassault. United States are now less aggressive, after the changes in Confederacy. Thorn Carville was finally sworn as the new President of the Confederate States of America.

- It was about time.

- I agree. United States were acting really aggressive towards their neighbours. They tried to lure states of Confederacy to secede and then join the United States. There was a danger that some states would actually do this. They had the right to secede...

- Luckily, this option is now limited.

- True. President Perry was furious, he had enough of those demands from United States. He resigned as president and constitutional assembly gathered to create new constitution. Luckily, pro-Confederate delegates were stronger and new constitution was drafted, now restoring the real Confederate States of America. Since the Syndicalist CSA is long gone, there is no fear to missmatch the names any more.

- And the right to secede was redefined.

- Yes. If the state wants to secede now, it needs the consent of 3/4 of legislatures of all other states and 2/3 of votes of support from majority in both chambers of Confederate Congress.

- Quite interesting way to prevent seccession. Is Confederate interior policy changed now?

- Political parties stayed the same: There are two parties at Confederate level, liberal Whigs and conservative Democrats. New President that was elected is Democrat, he was also favorite of the former President. However, some people are concerned about man from the military taking the presidency, as this might limit the democratic life.

- Nonsense! Generals are the finest presidents.

- We could argue about that...

- Well, the army is the most useful part of society. We don't need useless civilian professions like lawyers and economists to rule the country. Just look how our nation is successful due to rule of respected Marshals.

- Oh well...General Carville, new Confederate President might not be the best choice for Southerns. He comes from Texas and has strong connections with oil barons. He could try to use his influence in big business to strenghten his power. Most people wouldn't be happy with that. Despite the possible economic growth because of cooperation of goverment and big companies, Confederacy has tradition of strong role of small business. Many are afraid that he's more a military thug with friends among corporate suits, smiling oilmen and railroad tycoons, than a real Southern gentleman.

- But he is a hero from the war against American Union State and war against Syndicalists, and he also promised more financial aid to less developed regions. If he was a bad candidate, he wouldn't be elected for a President.

- That's true, I only hope that he won't turn into another Huey Long.

- No reason to fear for that. Generals know how to lead the nation in dark times. And above all, it's most important that he is loyal to Entente.

USCS.jpg

We need a worldwide Republican revolution alà 1789!

curse those shifty Germans and their evil plots!

And i hope General Carville will have great success as the new Confederate President.