• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
1. Who are you? Castille->Spain

2. What year is it? 1526

3. Have you lost a war you tried to win? Nope

4. Are you one of the richest countries? That I have discovered. It's possible but unlikely Ming or another Asian nation is ahead of me

5. Are you at war? Yes, finishing off Sibir & GH, also at war with Kazakh & Tims

6. What is your main concern? getting elected emperor for the achievement, am close to getting needed votes

7.Are you attacking people or being peaceful or both? not especially warlike but certainly siezing opportunities that present themself

8. Which country are you hating? France, first allies, now attacking me although the last opportunity wrecked them pretty good. GB is also going to be a problem if I try for a WC after getting HRE

9. Which country are you fearing? GB and Burgundy could be problematic now that France has beensomewhat Balkanized, HRE Bohemia is annoying for current goal

10. Who are your allies? vassals: Baden, Cologne, Epirus, Genoa, Mantua, Modena, Provence, Saxony, Sicily; PU Naples; Prussia

1. The Islamic Caliphate
2. 1493
3. Not really.
4. Yep, >7000 income
5. Nope.
6. Conquering and coring all Islamic nations, and irradicating Shiite in favor of Sunni.
7. Both.
8. All the Christian nations.
9. France...
10. Persia, and my TONS of vassals.

1. Kingdom of Georgia
2. 1501
3. Nope
4. Ha, far from it. I need more cores.
5. Yes, Novgorod is at war with Sibir and I'm collecting war taxes. :p
6. 50% inflation and Persia
7. Mostly, other nations have attacked me and I managed to turn the tables around, but I did DoW a revolting Crimea and the Ottomans. Currently being peaceful.
8. France (they took over Crete)
9. Persia (they stopped screwing around in the East and are now lurking at my border)
10. Novgorod is my only sovereign ally. Prussia, Siena, Sardinia, Morea, and Murom are all vassals; with the exception of Siena and Prussia, all peaceably acquired.

DW 5.2 D&T
1. Hungary
2. 1492
3. No
4. Yes
5. Yes against the Golden Horde (started by me)
6. Trying to get Lithuania in a PU then inherit, plus getting Mazovia to form the Jagiellonian Empire
7. Bit of both
8. No-one atm
9. England as they've just taken some provinces next to me
10. Ansbach, Palatinate, Saxony, Bosnia, Wallachia (all vassals), Lithuania, Austria, Bulgaria (muslim, released from OE), Mazovia

Last edited:
1. England
2. 1494
3. Yes, to Burgundy. I couldn't defend Calais and finally just gave it up.
4. I'm about 5th.
5. No.
6. Colonizing North America and getting ready for Reformation.
7.Both
8.Castille just because.
9. None really with my Navy.
10.Portugal and Austria

1. Kingdom of Denmark

2. 1650

3. The Danes have never outright lost a war against any nation. However, we have paid small sums of ducats in exchange for piece.

4. Yes, we Danes are among the richest nations in the world.

5. Yes, the Kingdom of Denmark, with our faithful ally (and now emperor) are engaged in a great war with Austria, Lithuania, and Bohemia. Various smaller states are also involved on both sides.

6. We Danes fear that the bastard Spaniards will declare war on our nation while we battle with Austria.

7. We Danes are an aggressive people, but we always fight with our allies no matter the odds that are stacked against us.

8. We only, truly hate the Spaniards. Although our relations with Lithuania are strained as they betrayed us and are fighting with the Austrians even though we had helped them defeat rebel forces for the majority of the last ten years.

9. Although the Austrians are a concern, the only nation that the Kingdom of Denmark fears is those bastard Spaniards.

10. The faithful Brandenburgians have long been our allies. We also have a variety of vassals, including Finland, Norway, and Tyrone.

1. Who are you?

England

2. What year is it?

3. Have you lost a war you tried to win?

Yes, against Scandinavia and against Austria. I might have given up to easily in both cases, but war exhaustion was killing me and I was running out of manpower during the last war.

4. Are you one of the richest countries?

Not sure. I don't think so.

5. Are you at war?

Not right now, no.

6. What is your main concern?

Maintaining peace for now, building manpower back up and finances. Long term, taking back provinces ceded to Austria and growing colonially.

7.Are you attacking people or being peaceful or both?

Both.

8. Which country are you hating?

Austria.

9. Which country are you fearing?

Scandinavia.

10. Who are your allies?

Hungary. Sicily is a vassal.

1. United States

2. 1779

3. No I Won the Revolution against the Brits, without help of the French, take that Franklin !

4. Um, not really I think of myself as more of a Secondary Power

5. No Trying to Contain Peace

6. A Second War with Britain. Britain Isn't Prepared for War either and I have about 14,000 Troops ready to Invade Canada. I Won Ohio In the Revolution. I have no Navy to Speak Of Though

7. Peaceful

8. Britain

9. Britain

10. Forever Alone...

1. Who are you?

2. What year is it?

5. Are you at war?

10. Who are your allies?

1. Norway

2. 1476

3. No

4. No

5. No

6. Beeing attacked in my europeen holdings before I got the economy to back up a good military.

7. Mostly only attacking native americans. Haven't attacked anytone else in over 50 years.

8. Noone really.

9. Scotland and France

10. Finland. Had a few more allies earlier, but they kept dragging me into pointelss wars.

1. Who are you? Bavaria, about a century away from forming Germany
2. What year is it? 1555
3. Have you lost a war you tried to win? No
4. Are you one of the richest countries? Probably not
5. Are you at war? No
6. What is your main concern? Annexing Luneburg, Brunswick and Brandenburg
7.Are you attacking people or being peaceful or both? A bit of both
8. Which country are you hating? Burgundy, Emperor and getting cores on a lot of my lands
9. Which country are you fearing? Burgundy, Emperor and getting cores on a lot of my lands
10. Who are your allies? Austria, Sweden, Mainz, Frankfurt, Munster, Luneburg, Ulm, Brunswick, Salzburg

1. Castille -> Spain

2. 1451

3. Not yet. See below.

4. Yes by nearly 3 times number 2.

5. While driving Morocco down in round 2, I sieze the opportunity to fabricate claims and grab Cyprus while Burgundy and France are tearing each other apart and at the same time both at war with GB. To my shock, they both honor their guarantee, and Austria and Milan sieze the day and decide its time to kick me out of Venice and Genoa. Luckily Cyrus lead the alliance, so maybe I can still get out of that one quickly and grind Austria and Milan.

6. Getting out of war with Gaulic states and focusing on HRE Austria and Milan. I want Treviso (HAB and a core of mine thanks to the Austrian DoW) and Parma (MIL) to give me a land connection between Genova and Modena and anything else I can manage to get. Turkish revolts continue to be a major headache. I have never seen anything like this in all my conquests in all my games.

7. Highly aggressive, but I have specific aims. I want a Med Empire of Spain, Italy, Greece, Anatolia, Levant, and North Africa as well as a colonial Empire in Sub Saharan Africa and the New World.

8. France (former BFF), Burgundy, Milan, Austria, the Pope, the Knights, Qara Koyunlu, the Mamluks, Bohemia, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, and Poland.

9. Well since I can surely smack Cyprus down, Austria and Milan. Maybe Russia someday if we meet in Georgia.

10. None. Albania, Serbia, and Bulgaria abandoned me.

Last edited:
who are you? Brandenburg
What year is it? 1645
Have I lost any wars? No
Am I rich? The richest
Am I at war? Yes, In India, soon to be Brandenburgian India, wa ha ha ha
Main Concern? Forming Germany (takes so damn long, but this time I will Finish this game!!!)
Am I a war monger? Yes, yes I am a war monger, and proud of it!!
Who do I hate? Austria, Poland (whats left of it, ha), and the rest of europe, Except my minions of course!!
Who do I love? Saxony. Because there still there, How ill never know. and my pile of minions, mostly hre electors to keep me on top of the world

who are you? Brandenburg
What year is it? 1645
Have I lost any wars? No
Am I rich? The richest
Am I at war? Yes, In India, soon to be Brandenburgian India, wa ha ha ha
Main Concern? Forming Germany (takes so damn long, but this time I will Finish this game!!!)
Am I a war monger? Yes, yes I am a war monger, and proud of it!!
Who do I hate? Austria, Poland (whats left of it, ha), and the rest of europe, Except my minions of course!!
Who do I love? Saxony. Because there still there, How ill never know. and my pile of minions, mostly hre electors to keep me on top of the world

I'm playing Brandenburg at that date as well, 1650s. I've been expanding into the German cores so I can get the Germany when I want it. I'm no Emperor though. I need actually 3 provs more and their cores then I can straight up form Germany and get more juicy cores.

I was thinking about destroying the HRE eventually. But I'd also like to do the first division Poland, all annexed to me :laugh:. Then I take final required provs for Prussia, wait until my Derpy von Derpsdorf king dies so I can finally form Prussia and get that discipline boost. Then it's time to kick emperor's butt for sure.

Then I'm gonna vanquish Burgundy back to their little corner from France, and push Sweden back from Russian lands. So far it's been a continental game for me. Kind of a newb game, trying to get the hang of Brandenburg and Germany-forming first of all. For sure it's harder to play than major power like castile or england, shitty missions too, but good stuff like Prussia/Germany in the end.

Start of BB wars

1-Ming
2-1440
3-not yet
4-yes
5-yes
6-WE
7-attacking
8-none
9-Timurid & Golden hord
10-none
IN 3.2
Settings-normal. lucky nations off
No Cheese. Military mant. 100% att all times.
Inflation can't go over 2%. No vassels.
All troops out of country before dec. of war.
I AM A WARMONGER:ninja:

1. Who are you? Austria --> HRE

2. What year is it? 1697

3. Have you lost a war you tried to win? no

4. Are you one of the richest countries? by far the richest (as I should be)

5. Are you at war? not at the moment

6. What is your main concern? trying to finish off Prussia and Switzerland

7.Are you attacking people or being peaceful or both? I was a nice emperor before I inherited; now I'm an imperialist running dog

8. Which country are you hating? none - I'm not a hater

9. Which country are you fearing? none. I'm really just about finished with this game

10. Who are your allies? my vassals - a 2pm France, Flanders, Sicily, Sardinia, the Pope, Ragusa, Trebizon, the TO, Bourbonnaise, Dauphine, Savoy. I think that's all of them

Well I feel it's pretty pointless to reply to these threads, since everyone just posts their stuff and hopes someone replies to them, but sure I'll give you my current game

1. Who are you?
The Netherlands

2. What year is it?

I've lost against Prussia defending against my claim on the throne of England, which I got and I whited out with them, I feel that sort of a loss.

Yes I have twice as much income as the second place, but he is tied with 4 more countries.

5. Are you at war?
Not right now, waiting for infamy to go away.

Prussia and Castille building too many troops

Both

England, since they are in a PU with me yet wont submit.

Just Prussia, 280k soldiers isn't funny at all.

10. Who are your allies?
Tier, Cologne, Mainz, Palatinate, Berry, Avignon, Dauphine, England, Granada and Navarre.

1. Who are you? Great Britain

2. What year is it? 1593

3. Have you lost a war you tried to win? No

4. Are you one of the richest countries? 7 times as much income as Ming, who has twice as much as anybody else

5. Are you at war? Yes, with the Huron, in the siege phase.

6. What is your main concern? Getting bored. OK, building enough ships to cover my tariff requirements. It would be getting enough magistrates to build everything everywhere, but that ain't gonna happen, so I wouldn't call it a concern.

7.Are you attacking people or being peaceful or both? Well, I'm trying to get my infamy down, but it hasn't been below 18 for the last 20 years or so, so I guess I couldn't really claim I'm being all that peaceful.

8. Which country are you hating? Hmm. Don't think I'd call it hate, more annoyance, but Oman keeps declaring war over me there where I took Jerusalem and Mecca, and I just don't want to deal with it. Also, Deva Bengal, Delhi and Hurons have all annoyed me at least once by DOW-ing me, which meant I couldn't use holy war or colonial conquest to get 'em at 1 BB each, but set the truce clock back 5 years to when I could.

9. Which country are you fearing? I guess if I have a fear, it is that Castille will hook around through the parts of Canada I'm abandoning to them and cut me off from my North American birthright. I was kind of afraid the Timurids were gonna backdoor me at some point, but I sicked the HRE on 'em and they curled up into a fetal ball.

10. Who are your allies? I've vassalized the HRE - Bohemia is blobbed, so that's nice. Also a few or so here and there outside the HRE, many of whom got released in peace deals. No big ones, but I have Sicily, Aragon and Lithuania.

1. Who are you? Brandeburg -> Prussia

2. What year is it? 1505

3. Have you lost a war you tried to win? Yes vs Bohemia early

4. Are you one of the richest countries? Yes

5. Are you at war? No

6. What is your main concern? Rebels EVERYWHERE

7.Are you attacking people or being peaceful or both? Both

8. Which country are you hating? No one

9. Which country are you fearing? No one

10. Who are your allies? No one

1. Who are you?
Pommerania

2. What year is it?

Yes, a few to Sweden back in the early 1400s.

We're at least up to five merchants in all accessible CoTs, monopolies in most of em', and we're a growing colonial empire. So yes. :)

5. Are you at war?
Nope.

Setting up my colonies in the Caribbean and New England before other folks get too much.

Peaceful the last few decades, content to sit back and paint bits of the New World green. Was far more aggressive early on when multiple people were gunning for me, so I've conquered much of the Baltic for much needed land and manpower.

Guyenne: They broke our alliance and then promptly chunk a bunch of colonies in obnoxious places.

England and Spain, probably the only two who can overcome my navy, and then have the army to take advantage of it. Also, they both aren't overly fond of me.

10. Who are your allies?
Finland, Ukraine, Sweden (vassal), Denmark (vassal), Iroquois, Riga (vassal), Pskov (vassal), and a smattering of HRE OPMs, again mostly vassals.

1. Who are you?
Castille -> Spain

2. What year is it?

Attacked Egypt to only get stabbed in the back by Austria in Northern Italy to avenge an earlier defeat and that mission they will never cancel to get Lombardy. WP with Egypt although I hated doing it and a WP with Austria once I finally reverse them around Pisa due to crippling WE. Don't know if its a loss, but certainly not a win as revolt hell ensued for a decade due to the WE.

Number 1 by 3x over a Burgundy -> France with all vassals and Dutch annexed.

5. Are you at war?
Yes with Qara Koyunlu. Control all territory surrounding their one province in Batumi and getting 1.65 colonists per year. Forever.

Finishing the natives off in the Antilles and then moving on to Brazil and establishing a CoT around Recife. Then to American cotton and Tobacco.

Aggressive with goals.

Austria, Austria, Austria, Austria, and Austria.

My trusty ally France. Keep your friends close and your enemies closer. Especially when you hold Rome and he has a mission to restore the Holy See...Still I feel safe since they would have to take on the combined strength of my enormous Empire of Iberia, Italy, Greece, Turkey, and Georgia plus North Africa. Russia maybe someday. GB, Spain, Romania, France (Burgundy), and Russia have all formed and Austria is near their historic borders at their height in 1914.

10. Who are your allies?
France, Serbia, Bulgaria, and vassal Albania.