• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What has happened to Ganet's journal? Another intervention by the Order of Coptic Goat Herders may be in order, but does their reach extend as far as Armenia?

...Hold on, you /may/ want to get a divorce and assassinate your current heir, given that you're in a regular marriage.

Wasn't that only for Sennar, not for Armenia?

I'm rather surprised at the level of ability this duchess seems to be displaying, not to mention the sheer awesome of having nothing horribly catastrophic happen...
Or maybe it's because she's residing in Armenia.

I'm rather surprised at the level of ability this duchess seems to be displaying, not to mention the sheer awesome of having nothing horribly catastrophic happen...

Do you realize you have just doomed Armenia and its duchess?

WECOME TO BYZANTIUM TODAY!

1. we still didnt found sennar on the maps.

2. the empress keeps having rebellious vassels and hate the duchess of armenia

3. thousands flee from egypt, jeruzalem and armenia as the baboons initiated their once ina century migration to armenia

How will you be able to kill Artemios if he is the spymaster and has a so high intrigue? Also, if you kill all the monophysites, then it is almost impossible that the Zagew return to the old One-Natured-God credo. Sad.
Simple imprisonment -> execution should do the trick, once his erstwhile co-conspirators are gone...

I loved the part about getting the former conspirators to turn on one another.

Well, I must say this is a surprising twist in this saga!

Just guessing, but this could easily be Duchess Dio in the future

yuno_gasai_by_hirimitsurugi-d4ps1t8.jpg

Philo, Great job! One of the most engaging AARs I've ever read.

Rockpapershotgun brought me here. There was a link to this forum from a review of the game and once I saw your thread title I had to give it a look. Barely made it past page fifteen before I bought the game and have enjoyed every moment; as well as your fantastic narrative.

As a Total War fan, it was a breath of fresh air to find a game set in this period that dealt with politics and intrigue instead of pure military might.

Oh and you should google - never surprise the baboons - last I checked it was the second hit. I try to make a point of quoting that whenever and wherever appropriate.

Oh and you should google - never surprise the baboons - last I checked it was the second hit. I try to make a point of quoting that whenever and wherever appropriate.
OMG that is gold :rofl: Philo's AAR out-Googles National Geographic on that (their first hit is a half page down).

I vote as fans of this amazing AAR we show our fidelity to the lost knucklebone by including that quote in our sigs...

oooh. murder, rebellions, and the baboons arent even involved(well, as far as we know).

about the saving if duchies, you DO realise that things NEVER EVER go as planned? instead, help achaia! your "help" will utterly ruin them. also, wrath of the zagwe's? are you going to sacrifice them to the baboons?

Yes, helping Achaia probably would produce the opposite result and harm them... unless the One Natured God saw through the plan and so actually did help them.

Dionysia Zagwe is the best thing that has ever happened to her dynasty. She didn't get into the Byzantine family of course; that was generations ago. But she is handling things masterfully.

She is making the most out of what the legend, Count Tesfaye I, set up for her: the Byzantine connection.

Byzantine society, I mean.

I liked the Baboonologic of the Duchess... :ja: Always useful when plotting cunningly...

Knowledge of the baboons runs deep in her.

I just clicked through 38 pages and lived the entire history. You are a master storyteller, mate and your powers of imagination and humor are pure gold. I can't wait to see the medieval age Uma Thurman claim revenge. *bows to you*

Thank you so much! I appreciate it, and I am very happy that you like it!

The Dutchess is my favorite Zagwe!

Yes, she is pretty capable. My fear, though, is that there is a even-odds chance she will manage to win all sorts of titles only to have her Zagwe relations all perish in strange accidents/diseases, and she will end up handing all her winnings to a bunch of brats from another dynasty. Curse the AI for its bungling matchmaking!

How will you be able to kill Artemios if he is the spymaster and has a so high intrigue? Also, if you kill all the monophysites, then it is almost impossible that the Zagew return to the old One-Natured-God credo. Sad.

That would be sad, indeed. Unfortunately, if the duchess is "infected" with Monophysiticism because it is lingering around, Empress Ioanna can demand her duchy title at will, with no malice from Ioanna's other vassals. That would be bad, very bad. That being said, there are a lot of Monophysites, so it may be difficult to get them all.

What has happened to Ganet's journal? Another intervention by the Order of Coptic Goat Herders may be in order, but does their reach extend as far as Armenia?

That is unknown at the moment. ;)

...Hold on, you /may/ want to get a divorce and assassinate your current heir, given that you're in a regular marriage.

He already changed his inheritance laws to elective, so there shouldn't be any worries about that.

Wasn't that only for Sennar, not for Armenia?

Nope, it's the Ducal law alright.

Yep, ducal law. While continually having children from the other dynasty won't hurt the Zagwes, it won't help them either, unfortunately.

Or perhaps the One Natured God is just saving it up for a big hurt instead of a bunch of smaller ones.

Do you realize you have just doomed Armenia and its duchess?

:)

:O

WECOME TO BYZANTIUM TODAY!

1. we still didnt found sennar on the maps.

2. the empress keeps having rebellious vassels and hate the duchess of armenia

3. thousands flee from egypt, jeruzalem and armenia as the baboons initiated their once ina century migration to armenia

Perhaps the baboon will replace the poisonous snake as the official animal of Byzantine Armenia.

Simple imprisonment -> execution should do the trick, once his erstwhile co-conspirators are gone...

A little extra malice from other subjects, but yes, that would do the trick.

And if one wants to follow the murderous way, one just have to replace the unwanted spymaster with a new, loyal one before setting up a murder plan for the old spymaster. Quite simple.

Mayor Bagrat is actually planning on this. Unless he dies first of old age. The guy is getting pretty old.

I loved the part about getting the former conspirators to turn on one another.

I'm glad you like it--it is just so tidy and the Duchess looks like a tidy ruler. There is no trait, however, for tidiness, I have to admit.

Well, I must say this is a surprising twist in this saga!

Just guessing, but this could easily be Duchess Dio in the future

Very well could be!

I don't think she's quite at the maniacal axe-murderer level yet.

As long as Artimios holds up, she doesn't need to be. But if he sagged, she might have to spit on her hands and get to work herself.

Philo, Great job! One of the most engaging AARs I've ever read.

Rockpapershotgun brought me here. There was a link to this forum from a review of the game and once I saw your thread title I had to give it a look. Barely made it past page fifteen before I bought the game and have enjoyed every moment; as well as your fantastic narrative.

As a Total War fan, it was a breath of fresh air to find a game set in this period that dealt with politics and intrigue instead of pure military might.

Thanks! I am very pleased that my AAR played some part in your buying this wonderful game. And thank you for the "never surprise the baboons." I have to admit, I thought to myself, "What is *that* about? Never surprise the baboons?" Then I followed it back to the original text. LOL, never surprise the baboons. I guess that isn't said as much in print as it should be.

Yeah, she needs a lover she could go axe crazy for. Her patrilineal husband and his spawns don't count.

She could go axe crazy in revenge for her beloved, murdered father, possibly. If needed. She does have the "kind" trait, so she would probably prefer to not do that. At least, not herself. :)

OMG that is gold :rofl: Philo's AAR out-Googles National Geographic on that (their first hit is a half page down).

I vote as fans of this amazing AAR we show our fidelity to the lost knucklebone by including that quote in our sigs...

LOL, Thank you!

Chapter 73

I have a daughter. Another child that will belong to my husband’s dynasty instead of my own.

My younger brother, heir to my duchy, is betrothed to Eugenia of Cyprus, herself heir to two duchies if her older brother dies without siring any children. Count Mikhael, vassal to the Doux of Cyprus, is rebelling and with the outside influence of Duchess Aikaterine, probably going to win. I am not going to let that happen, but I actually cannot aid with my military because I have no boats. So I tell Spymaster Artemios to pay for passage on a merchant ship for himself, and set up a spy network there upon his arrival.

Under the capable hands of my pet assassin, Artemios, I have pretty good odds at assassinating Count Mikhael. I give the order, and Count Mikhael dies—my involvement unknown—and this ends inconclusively his war for Cyprus. Poor Duchess Aikaterine brought her meddling troops all that way for nothing. Count Mikhael’s heir is a inconsequential child, so Eugenia’s family should not have too many problems for a while from this quarter.

Pamphilios and Hasmig… we don’t actually need your 10% or 12%. Kill him on your own initiative if you want to so badly.

The Doux Nikolaos of Cyprus is now an adult and could marry and start propagating heirs mercilessly. This must be stopped. With the rebelling count dead and my spymaster already on the island, I decide to kill two birds with one stone. Why pay for merchant passage more than you have to? Those merchants just gouge you shamelessly. It is no cost to them to carry one unexpected additional passenger—they were already going to deliver their boat load of wool or wine or whatever. In any case, time is on my side for this assassination, so we do it the cheap way: we work to get the Doux’s own people to kill him for free. Apparently the spymaster mayor is highly trusted as when he jumps willingly on board he is all that is needed to do the job.

Doux Nikolaos is murdered, but at the expense of my reputation.

I’m sorry, but that’s one ugly Mary, Mother of God.

I feel badly about murdering the young Doux, so I sponsor some religious art. I light a few extra votive candles as well. And I sponsor a small orphanage. None of this quite makes me feel less guilty, but I know that I would do it all over again if I had to. I am a Byzantine Duchess. Kindness must be my secret weakness. But I will try to avoid any unnecessary bloodshed, if possible.

My spymaster is stuck trying to find merchant passage back to the mainland, so I cannot murder any more of my father’s killers for now.

Far to the south in Africa my army finally reaches the border of Sennar and links up with the defeated loyalist army, camped outside of town. Apparently they were found drinking tej and just enjoying themselves while the rebel army dug in their defenses. I receive reports from my officers that instead of a Byzantine army eliciting respect, the general sentiment of the countryside is one of wary, sullen resentment or hatred. What have I done to produce such feelings in this worthless riffraff? I give the order to advance on the peasant army to crush them with our superior numbers of almost three to one. The rebel army is quickly destroyed, completely and utterly, right there in plain sight of the walls of Sennar’s castle, the home of my father and several of his forefathers.

The Byzantine general orders a siege of the castle fully expecting to see the normal Sennarian rebel flags depicting baboons, bottles of tej, or symbols of the Monophysite heresy. Thus they are surprised to see flags of… the Fatimids!

Sennar has defected to the infidels!

Sennar is now a county in the Fatimid realm… and I am helping the infidels by putting down their new rebels.

Last edited:
and we ave a crapload of spam. thats what you get when youre about the most popular AAR of ck2.

ever thought about just fabricating some claims and grabing some land IN the byzantine empire? then you can use sennar as a place to bansih people to.

Status
Not open for further replies.