• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
finally. the one natured god released the zagwe's from abysinia. you're free! now go take over the byzantine empire and make it properly monphysite and trike against the msulim infidels while theyre being mauled by the baboons.

Sennar with the Fatimids? Then she doesn't have to do a thing. The Curse of the Baboons will spread through the Sultanate. They are doomed.

Too bad tej will be banned though. Maybe the duchess can set up some bootlegging camps in there.

The Fatamid's capitol is Gondar?!?!?!? Those sons of jackals must pay for this outrage!!! :mad:

[spits water all over computer] WAT
So, is this the part where everyone find out that the Caliphate has been ruled by a secret cabal of Gelada Baboons all along?

What? Can somebody please explain what this means? I've never encountered such an event...

Since Sennar is isolated and foreign culturally and religiously to its Armenian Orthodox duchess and Greek Orthodox empress, when the rebels had occupied all the holdings it defected to a nearby, closer culturally realm.

Thanks, richvh.
Well this is a nice twist then... Glad that I always defeated rebels in far away counties in time.
But seriously, why has the so-called secret organisation done nothing about it. Or might there be a bigger plan?
Only the baboons know...

Oh noes, what happened to the (In)famous Royal Hovel... euh, Palace?!?

Sennar is now a county in the Fatimid realm… and I am helping the infidels by putting down their new rebels.

Look on the bright side. Didn't take the Fatimids long to fall apart right after. I see at least one rebelling duke in their realm already. Next thing you know, their decadence will hit a 100% within a month.

Also, you get a confused letter of thanks from the Sultan-Caliph in Gondar. :p

Gondar, now that's the part of your birthright you should reclaim... Sennar, not so much.

and we ave a crapload of spam. thats what you get when youre about the most popular AAR of ck2.

ever thought about just fabricating some claims and grabing some land IN the byzantine empire? then you can use sennar as a place to bansih people to.

A very good idea in general, unfortunately in this particular case Crown Authority forbids inter-vassal wars.

... and thus started downfall of the Fatimids!

Trojan Horse hasn't got a thing on Sennarian Baboon!

LOL, The Fatimids won't know what hit them.

The Fatimids look like their in trouble, maybe its time to strike and retake your birthright?

though with your luck the Fatimids are propably baboons by now...

Yes, and you don't want what the baboons leave behind.

finally. the one natured god released the zagwe's from abysinia. you're free! now go take over the byzantine empire and make it properly monphysite and trike against the msulim infidels while theyre being mauled by the baboons.

Excellent plan... "Release the baboons!"

Sennar with the Fatimids? Then she doesn't have to do a thing. The Curse of the Baboons will spread through the Sultanate. They are doomed.

Too bad tej will be banned though. Maybe the duchess can set up some bootlegging camps in there.

It is indeed a pity about the tej. Unfortunately one presumes the duchess was a bit young to have developed a taste for it, too, while she was in Sennar.

So...no more ties to Abyssinia? And who will now import all the tej to Byzantium?

Maybe that secret Monophysite society? Could be their secret weapon.

The Fatamid's capitol is Gondar?!?!?!? Those sons of jackals must pay for this outrage!!! :mad:

It is a bit insulting, I agree. The funny thing is that the Fatamids moved their capital from a tech heavy place to Gondar, where practically beating two rocks together was considered technologically sophisticated, if you compare by the numbers.

You already have an army down there and that emirate looks ripe for the plucking, a quick smash and grab?

You can't declare war if you currently have any levies raised.

Yes, it is too bad about that rule. At least it would have made the entire march down worth something, if only to poke at the infidels.

[spits water all over computer] WAT
So, is this the part where everyone find out that the Caliphate has been ruled by a secret cabal of Gelada Baboons all along?

Muahaha!

:)

What? Can somebody please explain what this means? I've never encountered such an event...

Since Sennar is isolated and foreign culturally and religiously to its Armenian Orthodox duchess and Greek Orthodox empress, when the rebels had occupied all the holdings it defected to a nearby, closer culturally realm.

Yes, just like richvh said. It doesn't happen often. I can think of one other occasion, and I don't think that county was even rebelling at the time.

Thanks, richvh.
Well this is a nice twist then... Glad that I always defeated rebels in far away counties in time.
But seriously, why has the so-called secret organisation done nothing about it. Or might there be a bigger plan?
Only the baboons know...

And the baboons aren't talking. :)

Oh noes, what happened to the (In)famous Royal Hovel... euh, Palace?!?

Actually, probably nothing. The Fatamids will probably ignore Sennar and its cantankerous goatherders as well.

Look on the bright side. Didn't take the Fatimids long to fall apart right after. I see at least one rebelling duke in their realm already. Next thing you know, their decadence will hit a 100% within a month.

Also, you get a confused letter of thanks from the Sultan-Caliph in Gondar. :p

I have the Sword of Islam DLC, but I must confess that I have not yet had a chance to really play it. Hearing about all the decadence, though, makes me want to try. :)

Gondar, now that's the part of your birthright you should reclaim... Sennar, not so much.

We should reconquer all of Abyssinia... except for Sennar. We'll let the Fatamids be exiled there and see how much they like it.

I was away for a while, so decided to reread this whole thing instead of just jumping into the new stuff. It was just as enjoyable as the first time. Awesome work!

Hi SaintEsteban--Welcome back! Thank you! I'm glad it holds up for a second time.

It took me a couple days, but I've finally caught up with this, and I'm glad I did. My hat's off to you for your tenacity.

Thanks! I had no idea what I was getting into when I started, but I'm glad I did. :) I also had no idea where the dynasty would go. Who knows, maybe in another hundred years they'll end up in Iceland.

Status
Not open for further replies.