• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Well, that council is not very loyal at all. I wonder if any of them are scheming with other claimants to the throne...

Hopefully a victory in the civil war will make your realm easier to manage.

Reactions:
@LancelotRS Thanks!
@HistoryDude Lets just say in the coming update you will see he has some vassal-management challenges...
May 1252-January 1283:
I give my marshal money for military experimentation which is successful. In September we defeat Khotan, then storm his holdings.
1708787900289.png

He surrenders, has his land revoked, and is hung, drawn, and quartered in December. In January 1253 a concubine gets pregnant. We hire Chinese mercenaries out of abundance of caution. The Khotan peasants revolt. I crush them and crushed to death their leader. I become known as ‘the Bucher’. In May I inherit Khuiten. We fight Kashgar in July. A baron is captured and flayed to death. I lose a duel to a Han mercenary. I decide maybe I don’t like the battlefield.
1708787909762.png
1708787913472.png
1708787916309.png

My daughter Yigash is born in August, weak and of course with a lisp. I decide Maya gets a learning education. Yigash dies in October. My injury becomes infected in December. I start an affair with a bishopess in April 1254 who soon is pregnant.
1708787934092.png

I discover Ulungar and a lot of other vassals are forging a claim on Altay. In October I spread the rumor he sleeps with goats. I defeat Kashgar and she surrenders in November. I throw her in the oubilette and revoke her duchy and one county. I try to arrest four vassals who revolt. My daughter Yilqi is born January 1255 and I legitimise her to displace my sister as heir. Kadin is pregnant again March 1256. I capture Ulungar’s family and execute them. Do same for Kasgar. I am now a dynastic kinslayer. My strong, tall, sickly daughter Tenriken is born in September 1256. Ulungar surrenders and I revoke two counties and wall him up alive. In March 1257 we defeat Artux in the first ‘real’ battle.
1708787943162.png

Tenriken dies. In October I refuse to play with Yilqi. Artux loses a holy war for Chuy to Transoxiana. In February 1259 Artux surrenders and I hang her. In March 1260 I refuse an offer to sell Khotan to a vassal. A bunch of vassals demand more council power. I refuse. I try to imprison my sister and she flees to an Indian cousin. An Indian king captures her and makes her a concubine. I marry the Tibetan princess. I start plotting to kill the Emperor as she is heir. The Emperor is successfully assassinated in August 1262, but my wife refuses to ally.
1708787951674.png

An attempt to storm Dunkheger is disastrous, but we win in October 1263. My wife divorces me and remarries. I start plotting to kill the guy. I remarry the Queen of Xia who *is* willing to ally. She has 15k men. My concubine becomes pregnant in November 1264. In May 1265 a bunch of vassals demand I abdicate to my sister. I refuse. My son Buqacup is born in June. In April 1266 the Council Power revolt surrenders. All 5 have their lands revoked and are executed. In September 1266 my wife dies, so I bethroth myself to the daughter of the new Queen. Lose those men though. In May 1267 a concubine becomes pregnant. My tall daughter Qaraqaz is born in December. I teach my eldest daughter that knowledge is power. She gains deceitful, I gain paranoid. I betroth her to Deccan’s most powerful vassal. In September 1269 she becomes a lunatic.
1708787960135.png
1708787963405.png

In January 1270, Xia is willing to form an alliance. In March I hear rumors people are plotting to kill me. The Maya Loyalists surrender in July. Tibet has lost an independence revolt. Nepal, Jiuquan, Lohara, and my cousin of Ladakh.

In July I provoke a revolt. Xia is called in. In November I lose deceitful. What is the need now? In January 1271 Yilqi comes of age. In March I get the flu, which my court physician properly treats. In July I recover. I hear rumors people are plotting to kill my son. I do a thrift focus for him. In November I become a falconer. Peasants revolt and are crushed by Xia. The rebels siege my capital and capture my family. In May 1273 I successfully rescue my daughter. In July 1274, Transoxiana, who is holy warring the rebels, for some reason attacks me and loses.
1708787978169.png

In May 1275 I marry my betrothed. In September we have a disastrous battle against the rebels. I forgot to screenshot it, but we lost 5k out of 10k men, they 1.8k out of 6.5k. I pay a chronicler to write about my family in June 1276 and gain proud. In May 1277 I manage to free my son from captivity after many attempts. In July we lose to the rebels again. In February 1278 I beat my son for being too charming. He learns the lesson.
1708787986319.png
1708787989950.png

In February 1279, my daughter Qaraqaz dies in a rebel prison. An adventurer declares war on us. Xia defeats the rebels in August 1280. I lose proud in September. In April 1281 we defeat the rebels again. In July my son comes of age.
1708787998624.png
1708788001860.png

The adventurer surrenders in June 1282. In July I learn people are plotting to kill my daughter. We defeat the rebels again in April 1283.
1708788011027.png

They surrender in May. All 5 are executed and their lands revoked. I then revoke the lands of *all* vassals. I now directly own 88 counties, baronies, temples, and cities. North Korea mode! I then begin a great purge of all with connections to previous rebels as well as deposed vassals. After all do I really need vassals when Xia boots work just as well??? We are now at peace after 30 years of continuous civil war (just the final revolt lasted *13* years!) As was said of the Romans “They make a desert and call it peace”

Here is one who escaped my purge. Two siblings, both parents, and her grandfather died at my hands (Not all in this wave). Many like her… Another unlucky one. He, both parents, a grandparent, a sister died, but his wife escaped. Here is another. Her father, her daughter, both her husbands, and herself perished… (Incidentally this was a huge annoying slog to actually do!)
1708788023199.png
1708788026560.png
1708788030295.png

Out of 38 members of my dynasty, 15 have perished. Of the remaining 23, just six are Buddhist, the rest Hindu. We have done well in the Third Tibetan Empire. The King of Punjab (now independent), Raja of Multan, Thupo of Ngari are cousins.

I marry my daughter Yilqi, now 28, to a Deccan nobleman and my son Buqacuq to the daughter of a Tibetan rebel. I take a bunch of concubines. As you can see both of my kids have their own personality flaws. Now seems a good stopping point.
1708788053225.png
1708788057884.png
1708788061546.png

Last edited:
  • 1Love
Reactions:
I'm sure that being known as a kinslayer won't be a problem...

That Tibetan princess was so ungrateful... did you have any kids with her? Your dynasty can still rule Tibet if so...

The new lack of vassals should limit rebellion at least.

Reactions:
@HistoryDude He's past caring about public opinion to the very limited extent he ever did and not like vassals are a concern any more. No kids with her. She apparently didn't think I was a worthy baby-father for an Empress.
August 1283-June 1297:
I appoint a new council. They all hate me. For the spymaster position I appoint my wife who likes me +3 after a gift. She is an imbecile with 0 intrigue. Haven’t introduced her before so here she is. Only criteria of selection on my part is her mother has a large army. 6 years into a civil war wasn’t the time to be picky…
1708959705442.png

I declare war on Karghalik which became independent during the mess. My new daughter-in-law’s brother invites me to a murder plot. I refuse. I do send U-Tsang a gift and then form an alliance. In December Karghalik hires 8k mercenaries, so I hire more Han mercenaries. Unfortunately in January 1284 they catch and smash a part of my army.
1708959714084.png

They hire more mercenaries and now have 13k men in the field. I murdered most of his family, presumably that is where he got all the money. I decide to call in Xia. I suspect my wife is cheating on me with a foreign courtier. She denies it when I confront her, but my spies catch her in the act. I start plotting to kill him. As for her, I arrest her, then march her through the streets naked to exposure her shame to the whole world. Unfortunately she then escapes to her mother. May need to rely more on U-Tsang than Xia for support going forward…
1708959724359.png
1708959727535.png
1708959729968.png

One of my concubines becomes my new wife. Karghalik is up to 17k men. In October I defeat him and capture and hang a commander.
1708959740525.png

I storm Karghaik in December and capture his family. He and his brother are executed, I take his mother as concubine. I kill a bunch and select three as concubines for my son. In other news Ulungar becomes culturally Uyghur. In March I decide not to buy my wife jewelry. In May I have to crush a revolt. I bury him alive. My wife becomes pregnant in July but I suspect it is not mine. My spies find nothing and she denies it. But once burned, twice shy. I burn her at the stake out of an abundance of caution. I think a courtier is attracted to me in November 1285. She isn’t. She flees the court when I try to arrest her, going to the Count of Aj Bogd as many before her have done. I decide I am done with marriage and love for now. I start forging a claim on him.
1708959750581.png

In April 1286 my tall grandson Barisbek is born. I struggle with PTSD and gain wroth and stressed. In March 1287 I hear rumors people are plotting to kill my son. In May I have someone compose our family chronicles. My daughter has a son named Juci in June. In November my concubine becomes pregnant but I find out she was cheating on me with my court chaplain. She manages to escape, but I hang her newborn son. Fortunately though I am able to persuade Aj Bogd that she should be returned, and she too is hanged.
1708959759753.png
1708959762953.png

In October I learn my son is plotting to kill my daughter. I try to arrest him, he flees to Aj Bogd. His wife and concubines also flee. My grandson though is put in house arrest. In July 1290 one of my courtiers approves of me giving women lighter sentances. Given I’ve killed 24 women, often by brutal methods, not sure where this comes from. To be fair a few were ‘lucky’ enough to become my concubine when they would have just been killed if male…

In August I become infirm. In October Aj Bogd forges a claim on me. In January 1291 I managed to asassinate my concubine’s lover. Another concubine becomes pregnant in March 1292. I find out she is having an affair with a courtier. He is walled up alive, she escapes. Not sure why my wives and concubines keep betraying me…(In this case probably because she hated me because 6 years earlier I had her 3-year-old daughter hung, drawn, and quartered. Women can sometimes be emotional like that).
1708959777896.png

I hear rumors people are plotting to kill my son. I chose a struggle focus for my grandson. In November 1293 the soup kitchen in Cherchen burns down. I don’t care.
1708959787350.png

In January 1294 U-Tsang calls me into a war with Nepal. I don’t plan to get involved. In March I manage to make a thieves guild in Aj Bogd. In June 1295 I turn the peasants against him. We become rivals. I declare a rivalry war on him. Unfortunately he hires mercenaries and we lose the first battle. I challenge him to a duel but unfortunately it turns out infirm 61-year-olds are not good at them. I do however storm his holdings, he surrenders, and is crushed to death.
1708959796901.png
1708959800167.png

My chancellor also just forged a claim so I immediately declare war on his brother and heir. My wound heals in November 1296 leaving a scar. In December I am nearly assassinated!
1708959810279.png

I learn my daughter, her husband, and six courtiers are part of the plot. My daughter is captured and I order her flayed to death. Two of the courtiers are also captured and executed.

In February 1297 my grandson Barsibek dies in my dungeon. In March I win against Aj Bogd. Most of the bad actors flee to the steppes. I have my daughter’s son buried alive. My son, his wife, and three children though escape.

On June 10, 1297, I die of severe stress. Thus ends my 58-year-reign, the longest in my family’s history. My epitaph: “Known to have stained his hands with the blood of his own kin, Ozuncu is surely paying for his horrific crimes in the afterlife.” My son Buqacuq inherits.

• 1Love
Reactions:
Well, someone had a lot of family problems. Let's hope that Buqacuq can repair relations with the rest of the world. The realm might need allies to survive.

Why did Ozuncu marry a concubine and not someone who could get him an alliance with a foreign power?

Reactions:
@HistoryDude Marriage options weren't that great, my reputation could be better. Also I'm not too big on diplomacy other than having someone to crush revolts for me.
June 1297-May 1307:
1709133009739.png

I am very much a chip off the old block. I am worried people will see me as soft, so decide to set the tone by having my wife, who I suspect of adultery, hung, drawn, and quartered. I chose the intrigue focus and Groom an Heir ambition. My daughter Tecush is 8 and ugly and timid. Ozuncu is 6 and brooding. My youngest Artuc unfortunately is a prisoner in Russia beyond diplomatic range. My sickly, dwarf son Kecig is born to a concubine. I remarry to an Indian princess. A courtier is attracted to me in January 1298. I hang her husband then take her as a concubine.
1709133019334.png

She becomes pregnant. Kecig dies in March. My chancellor raises Tibet’s opinion of us in April and December. I learn my wife is cheating on me. She escapes arrest and flees to her father. I remarry to Yavalac. My lack of diplomacy can be a problem, but fortunately I know how to deflect blame on my courtiers.
1709133036434.png

I betroth Tecush to Tibet’s son. My dim and attractive son Sangrama is born in October. Except he has no father shown and isn’t my dynasty. Not sure what issue is. Will fire event to expose his father when he is adult. In February 1299, I am nearly assassinated. Its organizer is my executed sister’s husband. My wife, my marshal, my steward, two former concubines, and 4 other courtiers are involved in the plot. Three are executed, the rest flee. Sangrama escapes me (I by cheat gave him a strong claim on my throne).
1709141072121.png

I remarry a Tibetan girl who soon is pregnant. I start getting a rash, which soon is clearly Great Pox. Soon I am bedridden. My chancellor becomes regent. I learn my wife is actually pregnant by my cousin of Ladakh and Multan. Then in September the regency is sized by my court physician. Whose wife I burnt at the stake. He gives the lands of the Duchy of Kashgar to himself. Khotan to my chancellor. Beshbaliq to a courtier. The rest of the realm to 6 men generated using the baronies (I’m envisioning them basically agreeing to carve up my realm among themselves while the tyrant is incapacitated). My reign has de-facto ended.

My wife’s bastard is born in November. My regent dies in February. In March I become a lunatic. A peasant revolt is crushed in August. In January 1303 my wife becomes pregnant again by my cousin. In April I confuse a maid for a giant gopher. In July 1304, my vassal of Altay conquers Markakol. In November Tecush comes of age.
1709141087545.png
1709141091644.png

In February 1305, over in a Russian prison, my daughter Artuc dies. In April I declare the legal currency of Karashar is Turnips. Everyone ignores me. On February 7, 1306 I finally secumb. I would say no one deserves to go the way I did, but then I *did* deserve my death… Thus ends my 8-year reign. My epitath: “A Wroth man, people feared to cross him – or even bring bad news. A wicked man, Buqacuq will surely pay for his sins in the afterlife.
1709141118062.png

We are now Ozuncu II. The first event of my reign is suppressing my homosexual urges as I am zealous. My regent tries to teach me rulership skills. I’d rather play with my friends and gain Gregarious.
1709141127779.png
1709141131414.png

In May 1307, I come of age. I become a grey eminence. Conscientious becomes Temperate.

Attachments

• 1709133048938.png
    1709133048938.png
    1,1 MB · Views: 0
  • 1Love
Reactions:
Alright, that is unfortunately the end of this timeline it appears. Somehow the game became corrupted 20 or so years back so newly generated characters switch to being Catholic Hanseatic (a Central Germanic culture) of the Nalecz dynasty. I just checked and that includes most of my vassals because I generated them. I think what happens is they are normal when originally generated, but when they become landed they Naleczalise. There are 1,265 Nalecz haunting the world … Fortunately it seems to be some screwup with this particular game because when I start a new game there are fortunately not Nalecz popping up everywhere… Here's what nomadic lands look like now as a result:

1709141307474.png

Reactions:
The apple didn't fall far from the tree, it seems.

Is this AAR ending, or are you just going back to an earlier save?

Reactions:
So the world ends with hordes of mercantile oriented Germans roaming vast steppes of Asia, who would thought?

CK2 continues to bug out in really bizairre ways. Well shame cause you were not far away from end date.

• 2Like
Reactions: