• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Our fleet set sail to Qarabagh with relief forces. Whilst we are waiting for the new troops to arrive Yemen attacks us in Gilan (May 1512).

gilan-2.jpg

Later that month our first lot of troops arrives in Quarabagh

releif.jpg

We leave the battle of Qarabagh directly and march to Gilan to support our troops there.

qurabagh1.jpg

In Gilan we are outnumbered 2:1

outnumbered.jpg

Our relief troops finally reaches Croatia but the rebels are strong.

Rebell.jpg

Our attempt to free Gilan from the Infidel fails and we are kicked out. Our new provice of Gilan is now also under siege.

Gilanattack.jpg

This is not looking good.

Last edited:
Our last available regiment in Malta is shipped over to Yemen with our Archbishop. Hopefully his presence will save the day.

thomas-1.jpg

On top of everything else we have lost the Curia.

Curia.jpg

We try once again to get out of the war but Yemen says no to our latest peace deal in August 1512. In retaliation we seize their colony on Gondwana.

gond.jpg

After taking Gondwana we set sail again for Quarabagh
In Quarabagh our army is battling away against a formidable enemy

quarabagh2.jpg

The battle ends on the 14th of august. On the positive side, we are outnumbering the rebels in Croatia.

quarabagh3.png

More Knightly Woes to follow.

Enewald said:
just wait till rebels get control of your court...

Over my dead body. We will fight them off even if it means having to bang their ungodly skulls in with the bones of our beloved saints!

Sweboy said:
Believe me, I have tried to offer them every last penny I have without success.

What is the warscore now? I think at this point you'll have to offer them one of your recently gained provinces in their continent :(

aldriq said:
What is the warscore now? I think at this point you'll have to offer them one of your recently gained provinces in their continent :(

I tried that but the peace system doesn't allow me to offer any of Ak Koyunlu's old provinces. I thought I would be abel to offer them that. I could offer to release Morea but it will be a cold day in hell before I do that. I think the warscore is about -24 at the moment.

Not looking good might be an understatement.

The 16th of august brings peace to Croatia. The enemy is crushed.

The cunning plan to take Gondwana from Yemen was a bit of a hit and miss. They retook it on the 9th of September 1512.

Gondwan.jpg

The battle of Gilan is not going well.

BoG.jpg

On the 1st of October our army is defeated and we retreat to Quarabagh. Hopefully the reinforcements will help us fight them off.

BoG2.jpg

God gives us a small consolation price in our hour of need. We reach naval tech 6

consolation.jpg

Now the ping pong game of doom starts. Since we cant consolidate our troops into one army our troops are being kicked back and forth between Gilan and Quarabagh during the next couple of weeks.

Ping pong 1

We also recruit a new landsknecht regiment since our man pool allows this at the moment, which will be ready for battle in January 1513

We offer Yemen a new peace deal in November 1512 but they turn this down.

On the homefront the mercenaries we used to free Croatia are now being moved back to Lapland so we can ship them to the front

Frong.jpg

The Ping pong game ends with our army utterly crushed on the7 January 1513. No one survived except Thomas I, who saved by descending angels. Despite this Devine intervention the sieges continued but at least our beloved Archbishop was safe in Malta again.

pingpongover.jpg

We offer them this deal since we cant give them Gilan or Quarabagh for some reason.

Peacedeal-1.jpg

It fell on deaf ears.

Just to make things even worse our creditors comes banging on our door in March 1513 and wants their lone of 21 ducats repaid. We take a new loan and send them packing with their ill gained money.

We have at the same time concocted a cunning plan and our three remaining regiments are being discreetly smuggled across to Yemen’s province of Jinan.

After a long and heroic struggle Gilan falls to the infidel on the 20 of March.

engGilan.jpg

Our sneaky plan is going well in Jinan. We have now 3000 men there and the Yemenites are not attacking. Maybe the Angelic intervention as scared them off.

Jinansiege.jpg

By the end of April Quarabagh falls.

quarabaghend.jpg

To retaliate this we recruit another bunch of mercenaries to be shipped to Jinan (May)

In June we spot a Yemenite vessel outside Croatia. And recruit a regiment to defend our province. Sadly they were a bit rubbish and we lost the battle.

Rubish.jpg

To stop this war from killing us we offer Yemen this but they decline.

decline.jpg

Back in Croatia our army is attacking again. We have used our fleet to transport over some more men. Kashmir, who has done **** ** during this war decides to try to cash in on the war. We decline. If it would have been Yemen we would have accepted it but not to Kashmir.

(On the home front there has been a rather big war that I have missed. Munster has been reduced to a two province nation by Bohemia and Albania has resurfaced like Atlantis and is a sovereign state again. Not sure when all this happened)

Kashmir.jpg

Good new on the war front. We reach land tech 7 in September 1513

landtech7.jpg

The siege in Jinan is also running along nicely

siegejinan.jpg

The walls are breached in October and the city falls in our hands on the 23 of November. In Croatia it looks like we are finally being able to kick the Yemenites out!

Jinanover-1.jpg

The Yemenite army is crushed on the 29 of November! Our motherland is free from the infidel!

After this triumph we offer Yemen peace but they reject (can’t remember what the offer entailed)

We are getting hubris now and send off our army towards the enemy camp north of Jinan. The army left in Croatia will be soon joining this campaign!

hybrus.jpg

WE WILL NOT YEILD!