• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

SplitSide

Crusader
36 Badges
Aug 12, 2008
www.a1click.ca
  • Dungeonland
  • Majesty 2
  • Iron Cross
  • Heir to the Throne
  • For The Glory
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Deus Vult
  • Darkest Hour
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Magicka 2
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • 500k Club
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
I won't buy this game.

I was really hyped since E3 and wanted this game so bad (like alot of other Paradox titles!) but now this game seems unfinished and with plenty of bugs and crashes.

I'm sorry Paradox but I won't pay 50$ for a unfinished product with no DEMO whatsoever and a already a bad reputation.

BTW, How could reviewers give this game a good score if they can't even finish the first battle?

Let's hope the developper put effort into it before it price drop to 5$ :p

cheers

I have no regrets, but seeing as you live in NA then I would wait for the retail copies to release in November.
Should give them proper time to patch the game and add multiplayer.

Last edited:
I won't buy this game.
Then don't.

Whining when you have bought the game is one thing, pre-whining about not wanting to buy quite another. :D

BTW, How could reviewers give this game a good score if they can't even finish the first battle?
Presumably the game didn't crash for them after the first battle.

I have absolutely no idea what percentage of players are experiencing these crash problems since those who have problems are, all else being equal, much more likely to post in the forums than those who do not. That said, since we have people posting in this forum, who don't suffer from the crash-after-first-crusader-mission, it is certainly possible that this is the case for some and perhaps even most of the reviewers.

My sympathies goes out to those who get crashes! I'm sorry for this.

That said, the number of people that have issues with Lionheart are quite few compared to the numbers sold so far - and we are working hard to solve these issues as well. It's mostly a problem with certain VGA drivers, especially when running them on Windows 7 64 bit. We will provide a patch asap for those unfortunate few where installing new drivers does not help.

/Mattias

My sympathies goes out to those who get crashes! I'm sorry for this.

That said, the number of people that have issues with Lionheart are quite few compared to the numbers sold so far - and we are working hard to solve these issues as well. It's mostly a problem with certain VGA drivers, especially when running them on Windows 7 64 bit. We will provide a patch asap for those unfortunate few where installing new drivers does not help.
I wonder just who these people, who are suffering from the problem and have been helped by installing new drivers are, leaving behind an unfortunate few who aren't helped by doing so, and where you have met them, given that the majority of people who have posted about the crash bug on these forums have provided DXDiags showing that they are using the latest official NVIDIA drivers. :D

Yes, I am teasing. It has been a slow day, and your answer seems to imply the existence of hordes of people who have had problems, upgraded their drivers, and had their problems solved - something that may certainly be the case, but which is not supported by reading the sparse posts in this official forum (any tech support tends to take the existence of hordes of such people on faith, and it is true more often than not). I don't actually care whether you rolled out a stock answer without statiscal support for every part of it or not just so long as I get a patch that will allow me to play the crusader missions. :)

Then don't.

Whining when you have bought the game is one thing, pre-whining about not wanting to buy quite another. :D

This is how developpers go out of business my good sir :) when thinking 'I don't care about what the buyers (or future buyers) think , as long as people buy my game, I couldn't care less'. I am buying alot of Paradox-released games because I like those games and if they don't want to know (like you) why I won't buy this game, then this will be the reason why they sell less and lose buyers like myself.

Anyway, my 2 cents :p

This is how developpers go out of business my good sir :) when thinking 'I don't care about what the buyers (or future buyers) think , as long as people buy my game, I couldn't care less'. I am buying alot of Paradox-released games because I like those games and if they don't want to know (like you) why I won't buy this game, then this will be the reason why they sell less and lose buyers like myself.

Anyway, my 2 cents :p
My good sir, it is a question of style! It is entirely possible to make the points you wish to make without sounding like a whiny brat. Allow me to illustrate. :)

----

Dear Paradox,

I was really hyped since E3 and wanted this game so bad (like a lot of other Paradox titles!). The flood of reports from players experiencing showstopping bugs in the release version, however, causes me considerable consternation. This reflects poorly not only on Neocore as the game's developer, but also on you, the publisher.

Given the quite real possibility that through no fault of my own I might not be able to play the game if I bought it, I regret to inform you that I cannot in good conscience spend my hard earned money on this game at this point in time. Under the circumstances, it makes the absence of a DEMO the much more worrying. Is it possible for the developers to make available a demo in the immediate future that I, and other concerned potential customers like me, can try before we buy?

Barring the publication of a demo, I will take my custom elsewhere.

Yours sincerely,
The non-whiny guy.

---------

As you can see, I have only omitted two points from your original post:

"BTW, How could reviewers give this game a good score if they can't even finish the first battle?" - this one, because it indicates that you are a complete pillock since it is entirely possible that the reviewers, whose reviews you have read, could finish the first battle; Given that you have read about the problems in the first place (which you have), you know that they are not something everybody suffers.

"Let's hope the developper put effort into it before it price drop to 5$ :p" - this one because it is taunting and irrelevant. The price changes over time are not going to be significantly affected by patches or lack of same.

...I am just saying, feedback doesn't have to sound whiny for the point to get across. :)

My primary language is French, if you saw where I came from. So if my english is not the best , you know why.

1st thing, free speech, just because I didn't write it the way you wanted it don't make any difference. So just telling me to say the same thing but the way YOU like it is pathetic.

2nd thing, you are calling me a Pillock, wich was a word unknown to me, wich means I am not bright and stupid.. look at the forum rules yourself. I , for one, didn't insult anyone...

Rule #3 You will at all times respect and refrain from harassing and/or personally attacking other users or Paradox staff.

That being said, I won't waste my time with you, you egocentric ' pillock '.

lol

2nd thing, you are calling me a Pillock, wich was a word unknown to me, wich means I am not bright and stupid.. look at the forum rules yourself. I , for one, didn't insult anyone...
My apologies. I used "pillock" in the colloquial sense of an annoying person who does silly things (because of what you were implying about reviewers, something that does not stand up to logical analysis), but it is true that it has the double meaning of stupid, which I certainly did not intend. For the misunderstanding, I apologise.

On the language issue, the question of whether a complaint one writes is whining or not has seldom got anything to do with whether the complaint is given in one's mother tongue or a foreign language; Per definition, whining in writing is to complain or protest in a childish fashion.

For what it is worth, I considered your original post to be written in a whining fashion and my suggestion was that you would get your point better across by changing your style, while still making the same points. Since you seemed to be a person with a decent sense of humour and reasonable English skills, I did so in a slightly teasing fashion. It is possible you didn't intend your original post as a whine, but that is how I read it.

English, French, Danish (my mother tongue), or any other language for that matter - when one wants to express a serious concern being serious and sticking to the point is best. Style matters.

EDIT: And I apologise to everybody else for the digression. :)

Last edited:
Thanks for the news on the patch. I could have guessed from the people having problems it was primarily with Nvidia cards with Windows 7 64 bit, because that is what I have and I have been experiencing those crashes. A little acknowledgement goes a long way.

It's good to know there's going to be a patch.
I still think even with the crashes this game is largely superior to ETW. So i plan to wait for patches and play it later...:)

Sorry to go bit off-topic but I wanna inform you that I'm laughing my ass off while reading Peter Ebbesen's and SplitSide's discussion :D:D

Back on-topic, What I've seen and heard about this game it may be the epic strategy/battle/slaughter game we've been waiting for.. It's just unfortunate that it isn't yet in best shape for publishing. Give Paradox and Neocore some time, they'll probably do everything they can to fix the problems.

I know, this doesn't encourage or help a lot when you are banging your head to desk while your game is crashing and doesn't work like supposed, but please, patience people. There has been other P'Dox games that haven't been best possible when they were first time shown to world but after a moment and a few patches they have became great. Let's hope that this will be one of those ;)

I always find it odd when games launch with errors that without a doubt would be found during a normal play through.

The most glaring one is the "fill the ranks" bug with rested units. How could that not be caught? Unless only some people get that bug but I find that difficult to believe

I think I have a special edition. My game has never crushed nor I had any technical problems in the past 40 hrs of game play. I do feel frustrated about certain howitzer like units raining fire on my knights, but oh well, those are the calculated acceptable casualties of war.

me too
i have noticed some minor bugs but no gamebreaker

could you please tell me what OS and graphic card do you have Tunch Khan?
Windows 7 OS.
ATI Radeon HD 4800 with 1024 MB vid. memory
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 cpu 2.4 GHz with 4 GB RAM