• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Gottlink said:
I guess the original artist was losted. So,as a relief,I restract this MOD now.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[Newest Version!!] HoI2 Pictures of Major Citys Ver2.80 (Urban PRV:276)
Restracted for Doomsday and Total Realism Project for DD.
Download Link : HoI2 Pictures of Major Citys Ver2.80 RAR Compression
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This MOD is improvement at Urban Picture for HoI2(1.3a,1.3b),HoI2-Doomsday(1.2),Total Realism Project for Doomsday1.2. I am testing German Version.
I think there is no probrem for other langage.

I don't have "HoI2 SFX MOD" and "7 Naval Ports & MAP Fix for PoMC",sorry.

The link leads no where... (filefront home page). ;)

so may be some one could tell me the destination of the picture files folder in the main HoI2 directory so i can copy and paste over the armageddon one.

they get sent to db/interface

look for files that look like this: ill_prov_XX (replace XX with province ID)

I have Jizabro's v2.76 and Gottlinks v2.8, I can e-mail one to you if you'd like

HalfTon Midget said:

I have Jizabro's v2.76 and Gottlinks v2.8, I can e-mail one to you if you'd like

Hi, thanks. will try, but anyway if you can, please sende me the files (bouth), thanks for all the help.

:D

So i tryed, but no succes, copied the ill_prov_xx, to the armageddon with no results. so i think the file will be welcome. thanks.

Last edited:
HalfTon Midget said:

I get the same thing for the Gottlinks V2.8, nothing is on the page that I can use.

Hi guys!

I need some help instaling the pictures. I have the rar file, unziped it to random folder. Than I go to that folder to db and renamed the province-PoMC275.csv (or what the name of that file is) to province.csv. Than I use this file to overwrite the same file in the db game folder.

Than I copy the pictures of citys to interface game folder. The game loads normaly (the first part) but when I than want actualy to start a game... the loading starts and the game freez. Its says somthing like, "initalising provinces.." and afther a few minute my pc stops working. I dont get error, It just looks like that the game freezes.

can somone help me out?

Axis said:
Hi guys!

I need some help instaling the pictures. I have the rar file, unziped it to random folder. Than I go to that folder to db and renamed the province-PoMC275.csv (or what the name of that file is) to province.csv. Than I use this file to overwrite the same file in the db game folder.

Than I copy the pictures of citys to interface game folder. The game loads normaly (the first part) but when I than want actualy to start a game... the loading starts and the game freez. Its says somthing like, "initalising provinces.." and afther a few minute my pc stops working. I dont get error, It just looks like that the game freezes.

can somone help me out?

Ok, I just had to wait a bit longer. Everything works fine.

But I wonder how doest it effect the combat system? With so many citys some units wil be more powerfull in the game now. Any point building panzers now? Its allmost too many urban provinces now.

Axis said:
Ok, I just had to wait a bit longer. Everything works fine.

But I wonder how doest it effect the combat system? With so many citys some units wil be more powerfull in the game now. Any point building panzers now? Its allmost too many urban provinces now.

I fixed this simply by deleating many citys and changeing the map terain for those provinces. But I also added some new, important WW2 citys with urban warfare... like Caen, Arnheim (I actually have a picture of the bridge :rofl: ), Tolbruk and others.

All pics are of course in colour.

Axis said:
I fixed this simply by deleating many citys and changeing the map terain for those provinces. But I also added some new, important WW2 citys with urban warfare... like Caen, Arnheim (I actually have a picture of the bridge :rofl: ), Tolbruk and others.

All pics are of course in colour.

do you have a download link to look and use your work?

I did a compendium of provence pics including this mod and others. Chose my favourites wherever there was more than one and put them together. I've got it all completed and then i learned (after all the work) that only way to make pics display is by setting provence to urban. This messes with the AI because it will prioritise defence to urban areas. If people want pics (not functional just my collection of best ofs from this and other pic mods) PM me and let me know and I'll post a DL link with my other packages.

help please

I really wish to know how to edit,create and add to HoI2 new province pictures,can anyone help or send a link where I might find help? I made a new country and I wish to add province pictures in it(and change some who have province pictures),please help

Last edited:
I did a compendium of provence pics including this mod and others. Chose my favourites wherever there was more than one and put them together. I've got it all completed and then i learned (after all the work) that only way to make pics display is by setting provence to urban. This messes with the AI because it will prioritise defence to urban areas. If people want pics (not functional just my collection of best ofs from this and other pic mods) PM me and let me know and I'll post a DL link with my other packages.
Any download link btw?! Otherwise I'd be happy if you send collection to Geo-CB@web.de !!! thx

Well a good many of those province pics featured in download of first post look far too modern and in some cases idyllic for my taste, and the Amsterdam picture fe looks somehow too "romantic" for a wargame :rolleyes:. Urban pics should resemble really urban environment with some characteristical features of the respective city in the graphic as well, but I prefer to see the image of a densely populated center that gives a feel why urban combat will last so long and why its so costly. Isnt there any work with hoi-style pictures I mean these pics have definitely the 30's and 40's look.

Btw I have new map applied to my installation and to show you what I mean here's my pics for Amsterdam, Danzig, Kattowitz and Straßburg

Amsterdam 1

Amsterdam 2

Danzig

Kattowitz

Straßburg

Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting

nice pics

and are you talking chinese? because i have read somewhere tht this game is forbidden in china because you the ma clique etc. and in 1936 they where already chinese.

If you want to HoI2+Pictures of Major Citys, work this.
Rename file"province-PoMC276.csv" to "province.csv" and overwrite to \HoI2\db.
Next rename file"adj-defs_Org.csv" to "adj-defs.csv" and overwrite to \HoI2\map.

i dont see a adjef org in my map folder. where can i get that?

EDIT:

got it thanks for this great pictures!

Last edited: