• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Checksum bug still not fixed. It keeps changing the first letter of the checksum everytime I end a single player campaign and start another one without exiting the game. From UBYY to VBYY and so on...

That is not a bug, as we tell people whenever it's mentioned.

You will have to restart withought a doubt to many changes!

Drat. And my UK game was getting interesting. I was doing defend France Version 2 on the Spanish border because I got Republican Spain into the Allies too early. ^^

So, what would happen if I continued the save game post patch? Would it just not load, or would the game balance be so screwed up as to make the game unplayable?

Drat. And my UK game was getting interesting. I was doing defend France Version 2 on the Spanish border because I got Republican Spain into the Allies too early. ^^

So, what would happen if I continued the save game post patch? Would it just not load, or would the game balance be so screwed up as to make the game unplayable?

most stuff will work, but there might be some odd things happening like events firing when they shouldnt if they were new and added in this patch etc. You can keep playing if you want but dont bother reporting any problems from it as its likely because of the old save in this case.

another option is to finish your game and then start a new one with the patch. last patch was pretty decent too

most stuff will work, but there might be some odd things happening like events firing when they shouldnt if they were new and added in this patch etc. You can keep playing if you want but dont bother reporting any problems from it as its likely because of the old save in this case.

another option is to finish your game and then start a new one with the patch. last patch was pretty decent too

Thanks Podcat. (And everyone else at Paradox for these great patches. It's so nice not having to wait 6 months for a gigabyte patch with thousands of updates all at once.)

And don't worry, I wouldn't complain about bugs in that situation as I know it would be my fault. ^^

As I'm waiting for Steam to upload the patch anyway might as well continue for now, see how it goes.

All the Best.

Thanks Podcat. (And everyone else at Paradox for these great patches. It's so nice not having to wait 6 months for a gigabyte patch with thousands of updates all at once.)

And don't worry, I wouldn't complain about bugs in that situation as I know it would be my fault. ^^

As I'm waiting for Steam to upload the patch anyway might as well continue for now, see how it goes.

All the Best.

yeah, not sure how quick they will be. its holiday times and such

Ad-hoc suggestion: Could we have an independent random-option for both nation and bookmark to play (for EU3, too)? Cause it would be neat to be presented with a random challange sometimes, rather than to think of and then pick one (i´d want to start a fresh game, but cant decide which, right now). If so, exclude GiEs from the random nations to play, though, please.

Ad-hoc suggestion: Could we have an independent random-option for both nation and bookmark to play (for EU3, too)? Cause it would be neat to be presented with a random challange sometimes, rather than to think of and then pick one (i´d want to start a fresh game, but cant decide which, right now). If so, exclude GiEs from the random nations to play, though, please.

here is the poor mans version: open this folder in "Hearts of Iron III\common\countries" close your eyes and randomly hit page up/page down up/down arrow for a while listening to music. open your eyes and play that country. roll a normal 6-sided die, add the result as number of years to the '36 start. :)

Hi Podcat,
thanks for the patch. Looking forward to great naval battles.

One problem I noticed yesterday when playing Japan in the 41 scenario is that the auto sliders still overproduce supply because the demand is calculated far too high.
Are you aware of this?

Nice patch! :)

Playing 4 years with Italy so far, game feels alot better.

Checksum UBYY and 1936 scenario.

Bugs?

#1 Italy now has an invisible airforce in Eritrea consisting of one int and a one tac, maybe they should be moved to the brand new airstrip in Somalia? ;-)

#2 Spelling error with the 196. Legione CC.NN "Petratca" division, it should be Petrarca in italian.

Keep em coming :)

One problem I noticed yesterday when playing Japan in the 41 scenario is that the auto sliders still overproduce supply because the demand is calculated far too high.
Are you aware of this?

this isnt so clear cut. AI wants stockpiles so perhaps you havent gotten enough stockpiled to its liking. there is also an issue of there being anything else to spend on, was something else in the red? by default if there is nothing else pressing the AI will put sliders on supplies because a stockpile is useful and you can also sell it.

Still no word about the HQ-issue?
Is it fixed or still possible to delay an entire army with a few HQ-units?

I dont think its such a bad problem personally, although sure we could improve it. If you dont like it stop exploiting vs the AI, and vs human players exploiting you can split of brigades to deal with the exploit HQs surely? not worth delaying the patch for anyway.

Funny problem... playing as Italy, conquering Ethiopia. The day i conquered Addis Abebba i LIBERATED the country and all my Politics where set one step back. Is this "liberating!" thing an Wargoal set up for Italy in 1936 scenario?

Funny problem... playing as Italy, conquering Ethiopia. The day i conquered Addis Abebba i LIBERATED the country and all my Politics where set one step back. Is this "liberating!" thing an Wargoal set up for Italy in 1936 scenario?

actually you puppeted them i would say. your laws change since you are at peace.

yes, although not sure if the ethiopians will agree with the label :p the war is scripted from the start with italy having the puppet wargoal. I cant remember, but I think annexation is rated higher so you can add another wargoal of annexing them and it will fire first, but i havent checked if this is the order it happens or not. its done this way because its much easier for AI to manage far away puppets than their own land.