• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Ive got blotches all over the map that were not there in SF or the original game. the colours vary from 1 map view to another. In country mode their purple. Is that going to be fixed? Also amphibs need to be fixed. Ive never been able to do an amphib in HOI3. No matter what country i play amphibs never work. The TP,s just go to the coast line then turn round and return to base. I cant do paradrops for the same reason. I checked and all the units involved r at 100% strentgh and org. It makes it impossible for germany to invade norway and the UK. As SU i couldnt invade Japan. Or the USA to island hop. All i can do is sea transport to ports already in allied control. I dont know what bugs were in FTM as i got it already patched to 3.05 The checksum is UBYY so it is the correct patch.

read my reply in the other thread.
take a look here: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?431-HoI3-Tech-Support

I've installed hoi3 ftm. I want to install patch 3.06... but the download link doesn't work. Can anyone send me the patch 3.06 file directly to me?
Thanks for help!

register your game

Wait are they still supporting hoi3 or am i just late on this hoi 3 was best for me my fandom started with it.
If so im going to put hoi4 up and play hoi3 again hoi4 lackingo_O

Last edited:
Up until about a month ago I was able to play HOI3 no problem. My original install kept crashing and getting slower and slower every save until I could no longer play it. So I deleted it and bought a brand new version via Steam where it worked great all through the first play. Next time I fired it up it was back to the same now it wont ever complete loading a save. I've tried getting into HOI4 but I'm just not digging the EU style unit stuff which is the main reason I no longer play EU either. Seems like HOI3 has been sabatoged because not enough people are playing HOI4...

nice conspiracy theory, however the number of people playing hoi3 doesn't support it...

Did you try clearing out the mass of old saves from the Paradox section of your "My Documents" folder? There's also a patch ("Podcat's .exe") to allow the game to utilize more than 2Gb of memory, which may not be enough if your system is already using some of that memory for other tasks. Even if you have 4Gb, or 16Gb in the PC, the unpatched program can only use the bottom 2Gb. It may have nothing to do with changes to HOI3, and everything to do with Windows patches and/or your other applications leaving less available RAM for the program to function.