• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The Italian ship model file is still wrong :) The localization for the Vittorio Veneto/Littorio BB is for level 3, but the battleship defined in Italy - ships.txt is for a level 4 battleship. These are not the same. And yes, I know that the in-game model numbers are 1 above what's defined in the files, so a level 3 BB is displayed as a BB IV in-game, and I'm not talking about that. If you open up the model file and models.csv, you'll see that there's a battleship.4 defined in the model files, but no localization for it in the csv. There's a battleship.3 in the csv though, implying either the localization or model file is wrong since they don't match up.

wasn't that naval base efficency already in sempi fi , you just put it in static modifers

the modifier you are thinking of is throughput everywhere, not just ports I believe.

Not a PI employee but I am pretty sure the answer is no cause the installer makes sure you have FTM installed.

I have a registered file ---it is legal...

In the past Rar of 7zip or win.zip files have been avalable.

The XXX.exe files will not work if you have moved/copied the install for Mods as an example.

I do not want to do a complete new install for every patch just so I can use a .exe file

The XXX.exe files will not work if you have moved/copied the install for Mods as an example.

I do not want to do a complete new install for every patch just so I can use a .exe file

The fixes are not just in the EXE and I dont recall PI release an official patch as a rar file in an extremely long time!

Sounds great....Can't install it :eek:

I fully reinstalled my copy to second hard drive after buying FtM and promptly finding out that it, and windows 7, do not like to get along. After doing that, it worked, much to my relief. However, after downloading my patch, and trying to run it, it informs me that FtM is not installed. I assume because it's in a non default directory the patch can't find it. Could some help be sent my way, before I start circling the lower right hand side of the dimentions of rage chart and my vision turns totally red please?

PS should I post this in tech forum? Wasn't sure where to put it.

Sounds great....Can't install it :eek:

I fully reinstalled my copy to second hard drive after buying FtM and promptly finding out that it, and windows 7, do not like to get along. After doing that, it worked, much to my relief. However, after downloading my patch, and trying to run it, it informs me that FtM is not installed. I assume because it's in a non default directory the patch can't find it. Could some help be sent my way, before I start circling the lower right hand side of the dimentions of rage chart and my vision turns totally red please?

PS should I post this in tech forum? Wasn't sure where to put it.

maybe tech support would have been better.
however, either reinstall or try executing the patch directly in the directory the game is located.

maybe tech support would have been better.
however, either reinstall or try executing the patch directly in the directory the game is located.

Think I might stab my eyes out instead of reinstalling again, since having a CD for the game, gamersgate downloads for SF and common weapons, and impulse for FtM means installing is....well not pleasant. As for the second, did that already, doesn't work :(

Could someone please confirm, can I or can I not use PI patch 3.05 installer for FTM Steam version? Can't wait the official release from Steam. :(

zipped file available in Steam forum is identical to that was provided by PI - MD5 checksum is same. Only difference is that installer doesnt work for some people, while everyone can easily extract .7z file.

It (IMO) doesnt make sense for PI to create those installers - zippped files were provided in past without any problems.

zipped file available in Steam forum is identical to that was provided by PI - MD5 checksum is same. Only difference is that installer doesnt work for some people, while everyone can easily extract .7z file.

It (IMO) doesnt make sense for PI to create those installers - zippped files were provided in past without any problems.

those were beta patches. the reasons not to do so were explained earlier in this thread.

I am glad to receive that which I paid $20 for at day 1. I won't thank you in any special way, because you don't deserve it.

I've paid $40 to $50 for games which were released with bugs and never patched. Have you bought a version of Windows that didn't require patching? No. Microsoft is a bit bigger than PI! PI is one of the few companies that I know of that hammers away at issues. If writing complex code were way easy, we'd all make our own games. IMHO, PI is very focused on customer sat.

Is the correct Checksum UBYY or VBYY.. I have the V.. that is why I am asking.. Thanks for all the updates !

When checksums differ by only the first letter like that, that means your checksum has changed because you entered a game and then returned to the main menu. When you restart, the checksum will be back to normal.

I understand that the purpose of this is to ensure that the state of the engine is the same for all players in a multiplayer game, because once you enter a game you can change the state of the game engine through bugs or console commands.

Is the correct Checksum UBYY or VBYY.. I have the V.. that is why I am asking.. Thanks for all the updates !
UBYY, but you have the correct one. If you start a game and then resign, it advances by one letter (to V)

Checksum

I am now concerned. Just downloaded 3.05 and have got checksum IFXO am I now in trouble!!!!
Hope not as all been great so far. By the way only playing single person, no multiplayer

The .exe does ask you were you want to install.
So you could say install in new folder like:FTM-patch-3.05.
So you could apply that patch afterwards by simply copying it to the wanted folders.

I suggest to allways have one "std installation" to have the right registry keys set for such installers.
Then you could anyway copy that std Install to different localisations and use them for Mods. Or for play in general.
So the main insrtall is allways untouched and as "original" as it can be.

Think I might stab my eyes out instead of reinstalling again, since having a CD for the game, gamersgate downloads for SF and common weapons, and impulse for FtM means installing is....well not pleasant. As for the second, did that already, doesn't work :(

Your Problem is maybe a missing Registry-key.
I don't know how Impulse handles an installation.
In the tech section was already a "similar" question: cant-install-the-patches

In your case it will be maybe "difficult" because you have 3 different distributors.

I would like to have a more official answer from P. on that as it could be a "legal borderland" to give advice here even when it is given in the tech section only.

Best regards,
Chromos

I am now concerned. Just downloaded 3.05 and have got checksum IFXO am I now in trouble!!!!
Hope not as all been great so far. By the way only playing single person, no multiplayer

Try to do a clean install in a completely new directory. Windows tends to use old hidden files instead of the new files at times.