• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Yeah I tried it too and it works but I get a error everytime I load a save nothing major doh :)
btw if you're interested I've converted all the metallic CoA's to Mappa :) (but only for Duchies and Kingdoms)

Long Live King Konrad I may he have better luck than Bozydar. (ironically he wasn't a gift from god but to god, legalizing papal stuff :p )

Poor Bozymir. That's a tough reign. I wonder how Konrad will fare with his Dad still alive and with his own claim to the throne...

the_hdk - Sure, I would gladly use them. :) Where can I find them?

theblacksheep, AllmyJames - Actually, crown goes to Władysław Herman first, since Bożydar died (suicide after a long time with 'depressed' trait), before concluding peace with Konrad. Thus, currently there son with claims to the throne, at war with his father - king.

Enewald - Well, Konrad already has three sons, so there will be more rivalling Piasts in the future.

Vesimir - Actually, when he defeated Władysław (taking his titles), Konrad was count of Płock (as Bożydar`s vassal). He then received Duchy of Masovia and revolted in 1098. I should probably write it more clearly.

hyme - According to DVIP instructions (Mappa Regnum was installed last)

Little Bonus - some screens from excellent tool 'Dynastic Glory', which combines lot of variables to show how good dynasties or individual characters did:

1-45.gif

Top ten dynasties.

2-43.gif

Top ten characters. Bożydar is quite high actually (a lot of accumulated prestige, I guess). Suprisingly, his cheating, executed wife is there too (she had high stats).

3-42.gif

Detailed table with top 20 dynasties (Piasts at #13)

4-41.gif

Data on Piast dynasty, with Bożydar being most succesful monarch so far. Władysław Heman is at the bottom with massive -1500 prestige - it would be quite a challange to play as him I think.:D

Only 9 is not much... bad actually!

Yeah - there`s certain danger of Piasts going extinct. All faith in Konrad`s offspring.

Ooh - a patricidal war! Should make for an interesting next update.

I think Dynastic Glory is a great tool. But who's that 'Khaleel' Family? I don't recognize the CoA...

Ooh - a patricidal war! Should make for an interesting next update.

I think Dynastic Glory is a great tool. But who's that 'Khaleel' Family? I don't recognize the CoA...

They are ruling North African kingdom of Beni Helal (Tunisia region, capital, interestingly, on Malta).

Yeah - there`s certain danger of Piasts going extinct. All faith in Konrad`s offspring.

Time to start marrying people with the lustful trait. Sorry, gamey thought.

really i think the trait "Chaste" is better for offspring. It has a nice event.

As usual, awesome AAR from thrashing mad. :) Cheers!

Alfredian, Edzako, hyme - Well, i`m trying to roleplay a little bit while marrying so that it makes some sense (ally, close neighbour, etc.). But hell - it is so freaking hard to find some avaiable bride from Ducal/Royal family. Hopefully, Konrad`s three sons would be able to multiply Piast's numbers. :)

LeeDub - Thanks :)

LOGO-1.png

Władysław I Herman
1044-1103
Duke.png
Duke of Masovia 1066-1089
King.png
King of Poland 1098-1103

portretB.jpg

Traits:

deceitful-1.png
Deceitful,
arbitrary.png
Arbitrary,
generous.png
Generous,
indulgent.png
Indulgent,
naive_puppet_master.png
Naive Puppet Master.

Władysław Herman was the second son of Casimir I the Restorer. While his older brother became Duke, and later, King of Poland, he became ruler of Masovia. However, he had bigger ambitions. There is no clear evidence, but it is probable that Władysław secretly supported rebellion of Bishop of Lubusz Stanisław, and Duke of Pomerania Wacław, while his brother was busy fighting Danes and Germans in year 1073. Swift victories of Bolesław, as well as quickly concluded peace with invaders, discouraged Władysław from openly opposing king at that time. However, new opportunity arose few years later, as Bolesław`s power diminished due to wars, pagan revolts, and growth of vassals. He forged secret alliance with Duke of Sandomierz Bolko, and in 1079 they rebelled. His ally took Krakow castle by quick, surprise attack, while Władysław himself fought his brother on the battlefield. His forces were defeated, but king became severely wounded during battle. Thus Duke of Masovia became independent.

In year 1083 Bożydar I became next king, urging Władysław to pay him homage, and offering protection from growing power of Prussians. Duke declined these proposals, and when Poland fought war with Kiev in year 1089, he attacked his nephew with claims to the crown. However, due to his poor military leadership he failed utterly. Defeated, he was forced to flee to Kiev stripped of all his titles. Bożydar awarded Duchy of Masovia to Władysław`s son, Konrad. This turned out to be poor decision, because new Duke revolted in year 1098, opposing weak king suffering from severe depression. Bożydar abdicated, even though he could have easily won, and died soon thereafter. King had no son, so Władysław, who spent last 9 years in exile, was rightful successor.

battle.jpg

During reign of Władysław I Herman Poland was torn by civil war once again.

Upon arriving in Krakow, new king sent messengers to his son, urging him to put down arms. Konrad refused however. Władysław had very bad reputation due to his various plots, and no prestige after his defeats, and in the eyes of Konrad and many other lords he was unworthy of the crown. Thus civil war continued. King decided not to call his vassals to mobilise their troops, fearing of their negative reaction, and being sure that warriors from large royal demesne would suffice. Unfortunately for Władysław, eventually, they decided to oppose their new liege as well. By year 1100 all Dukes were fighting royal forces, which turned the tide after Władysław's initial successes. King kept fighting, and eventually he managed to hold on his lands and the throne, negotiating separate terms with each duke. In all cases he had to not only admit their sovereignty, but also relinquish all claims to their titles. Władysław I Herman died in year 1103, leaving kingdom wrecked by yet another war, with greatly diminished royal power. He was succeeded by his only son Konrad, Duke of Masovia.

mapa-18.jpg

Poland in year 1098.

Marriages and children.

Ludmiła Topór (1044-)
ludmia.jpg

Ludmiła came from local, Masovian nobility.
- Konrad - born in 1070, from 1089 Duke of Masovia.
- Dobronega - born in 1073, she was married to son of Duke of Sandomierz, which was a part of anti-royal alliance between Władysław and Bolko I.