• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Just bought the same version as talked about above. It has the games, no activation code and no goodies. This was from the swedish site "spelbutiken.se". It was still sealed when I got it so it must've shipped without these things.

But to cap it all the install menu just crashes when I select a game.

Yeah, mine has that problem too so had to install manually, as well as no activation code. I bought it from a store in Finland.

My copy looks almost the same as UNeverNo's (except obviously English text instead of German), but mine has the text ACTIVATION CODE over a text box on the DVD. Problem is, that box is empty:wacko:

Yepp, my cd also has the text activation code and a white bar underneath. There isn't any letters on that white bar though.

When I ordered my copy of HOI Anthology I had the same problem. It is the second edition of it. Comes with nothing but a cd. I asked for the older edition with the manual (the activation code is on the back of it) and a medal and map. He arranged for a swap, and I now therefore have all the stuff I originally wanted, and most importantly, my cross underneath my avatar. For me it's important to register games.

So, make sure you ask whoever you buy it from if it comes with a manual and medal.

Belnor.

Last edited:
Got a refund on my game as the description of it on the store's site didn't match what they sold me (it has since changed though as apparently as in Belnors case this version of the game ships without the extras).

Got a refund on my game as the description of it on the store's site didn't match what they sold me (it has since changed though as apparently as in Belnors case this version of the game ships without the extras).

Yes, good to hear you got a refund. What happens actually is that they take the description from Paradox and post it in their ad description, but there seems to be a disconnect, for whatever reason whether or not it is the second printing or the first with all the goodies.

Make sure before you purchase the HOI Anthology online whether it comes with a manual and map. Ask the seller this before purchasing. Hopes this clears future problems with this.

Belnor.

Also, ask if they see in the lower right hand corner of the box a red star-like shape with a description that says it has a medal and strategy map. If so, then you know you got the right one coming.

Belnor.

I'm don't really believe that I'm going to get a refund from the store I bought it from, so I'd just like to get this answered: is there some chance that I can actually get this thing registered without a key?

Yes, same thing here. Shame I can't register as a owner of the game now :eek: :mad:

Contacted both paradox support as well as the shop that sells the game (with a picture of the full version.)

Shame on the shop, but shame on paradox as well for trying to milk my money. If I knew this I would just have bought it second hand instead.

Hopefully it will sort itself out, but... :(

Last edited:
I bought Armageddon, no CD key, either. I got a CD, a Manual, no key in either of them. I can post a pic of the box, the receipt, the cd, and I can post it in whichever way I'm asked to do, just so you know it's actually mine. After all the trouble I went through to get a game (And money) I just wanna get it registered.

Anyone purchased the Steam Version? Does it have any downsides, when it comdes to patches, mods or alike? Does it come with a key to register?

I noticed this "Second Version" of the Anthology Box doesnt have a Manual nor any Goodies, so i could just buy the Download Version aswell.

Solution to "no key"

It is possible to e-mail a copy of your receipt to paradox support and get registered as an owner of the game.

Kudos to Paradox for fast answers and a good solution to the problem :)

It is possible to e-mail a copy of your receipt to paradox support and get registered as an owner of the game.

Kudos to Paradox for fast answers and a good solution to the problem :)

Thanks for the info, this worked really well for me too!

Wow its great to hear this 4 years after release! O.O

I am going to buy Hearts of Iron Anthology for christmas but reading this forum has made me unsure. Will I too going to be disappointed when I am not getting all what I should have? I am going to buy it from Finnish webstore because I havent found it in shops.

And there is one question what i would like to know (I know, it`s very simple question):

IS Anhology basicly the same HoI 2 but its just updated and its longer game that original because there can be III WW?

Last edited: