• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Could be good, I've been out of HOI for some time, maybe this will bring me back in?

why? sarius

Because there was nothing to do except building up for war and fighting in HoI3. It completly missed the diplomacy and even large parts of the economy that were important for WWII. And the politics were soooo bad. If they don´t improve those parts significantly, the game won´t be worth 40 € for me. Probably not even 10 if it ever goes on a sale. And don´t get me wrong. I really like the time it is set in. And i also (kinda) liked DH. But after looking at HoI3 i´m not sure if PDS will improve the game enough for it to be worth buying.

Because there was nothing to do except building up for war and fighting in HoI3. It completly missed the diplomacy and even large parts of the economy that were important for WWII. And the politics were soooo bad. If they don´t improve those parts significantly, the game won´t be worth 40 € for me. Probably not even 10 if it ever goes on a sale. And don´t get me wrong. I really like the time it is set in. And i also (kinda) liked DH. But after looking at HoI3 i´m not sure if PDS will improve the game enough for it to be worth buying.
PI had come a long way, i think you should at least wait to see if the reception is better ( i mean i thoght EU3 was bad, and i loved EU4)

It seems like Project Nero is not just a prank, and Paradox seemed to really want to release it. I hope they could manage making two strategy games simultaneously and still make the games fun :eek:o.

I am passing on this one as well, but grats to those that enjoy it. It feels repatitive to me, where as the other PI games have more then enough time frame to make things interesting and different instead of the same war all the time.

PI had come a long way, i think you should at least wait to see if the reception is better ( i mean i thoght EU3 was bad, and i loved EU4)

I pretty much loved all PDS games, except HoI3. I started with EUIII, loved it, and got every game released by them since now. Except HoI3. And after playing it a bit on a friends steam account i´m happy that i didn´t buy it. It just felt so empty and shallow.

Doesnt mean HOI4 would be the same, cause you know that's kinda what you were implying