• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I'll buy it IF and only IF it handles Barbarosa where I don't win in 2 months. Eye candy is nice and all but I want the game to tax me and not let me roll over everybody. I especailly hate that the war in France takes as long as the war against the SU. Get that right and I'll pay you whatever you want for the DLC.

I am not a pro-gamer but I lost Barbarossa in normal with the latest beta. ;)
Harder winter, russian railways penalty, stronger red army and so much thing this is difficult to keep everything for me before the next diary. :p

I'll buy it IF and only IF it handles Barbarosa where I don't win in 2 months. Eye candy is nice and all but I want the game to tax me and not let me roll over everybody. I especailly hate that the war in France takes as long as the war against the SU. Get that right and I'll pay you whatever you want for the DLC.

Edit: BTW ICE is nice and I really like it but I still completely destroy the SU army in 2 months only to find nothing left to face me.

The problem first and foremost is the USSR isn't capable of replacing all it's losses as quickly as it was in real life. And the AI is usually building meaningless things anyway, like multiple runs of Nav bombers, Hvy Cruisers, or Heavy Tank divisions (nice but useless with no infantry)

Simply scripting the USSR to 'spawn' new basic infantry after so many are lost could help the former.

Omg :D

looks awesome. now I get why the new ICE patch has been postponed by a month or so. really cool, even though I think I will stay with ICE.
I think.
Maybe.
:D

looks awesome. now I get why the new ICE patch has been postponed by a month or so. really cool, even though I think I will stay with ICE.
I think.
Maybe.
:D

The basic idea of the Dies Irae chain is to allow the player to choose BEFORE launching the game which nation he wants to play and have emphasis on. If you want strong german mood you launch DI:G, if you want average feeling you have vanilla or mod, if you want Soviet stuff you wait for the next Dies Irae etc.

This is VERY nice. One MAJOR reason why I play this game is the immersion factor. Love the detail. Can you explain the way the AWARDS GUI works. Is it tied to experience?

^^^^^^^ Saving the info for next DD?

I am not a pro-gamer but I lost Barbarossa in normal with the latest beta. ;)
Harder winter, russian railways penalty, stronger red army and so much thing this is difficult to keep everything for me before the next diary. :p

See what CFP wrote below as to the reason its too easy.

The problem first and foremost is the USSR isn't capable of replacing all it's losses as quickly as it was in real life. And the AI is usually building meaningless things anyway, like multiple runs of Nav bombers, Hvy Cruisers, or Heavy Tank divisions (nice but useless with no infantry)

Simply scripting the USSR to 'spawn' new basic infantry after so many are lost could help the former.

I guess I wodn't call me a pro-gamer but you hit the nail on the head as to why it's too easy. I basically destroy almost all the forces facing me in the first two months. And believe it or not this is fairly accurate historically. The issue is the SU has no troops to stop me. I don't hink building some infantry will really help. They need to be able to have an army almost equal to their starting force come available within 2 months max. They somehow did this hostorically. But in the game it would take a year to do that.

I've always felt the only way to compensate is to have an event that produces overnight 100 new divisions or so. And if I destroy them give another 50 around Moscow. I have no clue if it's even possible but the forces facing Germany needed to be calculated and if they fall below a certain level new divisions are spawned in Soviet cities like Moscow. So you and I are on the same page pretty much.

I really don't do anything special to win. In fact I have at most 125 divisions attacking the SU. I just do what the Germans did in concentrating my panzers to break through the lines and get into the rear. Once I link up the red army is destroyed by my infantry piecemeal. The panzers are free to move ever deeper into an empty Russia.

And I'm serious about spending whatever they ask for if they get this right.

I'll come out of lurking for this...

Looks fantastic. I would love the extra immersion (and whatever other features haven't been announced!). Now, am I the only one who immediately thought of Silent Hunter with that naval grid? :p

I love the graphics changes, especially the map, but I'll be honest. As a person that prefers to play minors I'm not a fan of the German limitation, but I also understand what your trying to do with it. Just not my cup of tea I guess. Maybe after you get done doing ones for the majors you could do a more general one that covers the minors.

I guess I wodn't call me a pro-gamer but you hit the nail on the head as to why it's too easy. I basically destroy almost all the forces facing me in the first two months. And believe it or not this is fairly accurate historically. The issue is the SU has no troops to stop me. I don't hink building some infantry will really help. They need to be able to have an army almost equal to their starting force come available within 2 months max. They somehow did this hostorically. But in the game it would take a year to do that.

I've always felt the only way to compensate is to have an event that produces overnight 100 new divisions or so. And if I destroy them give another 50 around Moscow. I have no clue if it's even possible but the forces facing Germany needed to be calculated and if they fall below a certain level new divisions are spawned in Soviet cities like Moscow. So you and I are on the same page pretty much.

I really don't do anything special to win. In fact I have at most 125 divisions attacking the SU. I just do what the Germans did in concentrating my panzers to break through the lines and get into the rear. Once I link up the red army is destroyed by my infantry piecemeal. The panzers are free to move ever deeper into an empty Russia.

And I'm serious about spending whatever they ask for if they get this right.

Yeah you mean something like having a reinforcement and recruitment time bonus while gaining a morale and territorial pride (defense on core) boost? All tied to the amount of brigade the Red Army has on a daily basis?

In DI:G I faced a Soviet Army that was almost destroyed in the first few weeks of Barbarossa and then it started building infantry divisions in 8 days and armored divisions in 21 while their morale and reinforcement were almost instantly regained with all those fresh troops. If the winter and the mud didn't hit me so hard I could have resist more but I didn't refit the russian railways in time and that killed my (newbie) Barbarossa organization. ^^

I don't know how you will feel it, but I really enjoyed making (and seeing) this happen.

2. Why only Germany? Will there be some graphical changes for the other Majors? ( maybe later as a patch or new DLC?)

With the amount of detail and immersion it looks like they are putting into this, doing it for more would take forever! A great plan for getting started, build up some momentum and a fan base, and then start the hard work of doing another country.

This does lead to a very important question: do you guys have a general time frame for release? I know, you don't want to commit to anything -- but are we looking at this year or next?

Awesome but if it's German-centric, can you get rid of "KMS" before ship names?

I'll come out of lurking for this...

Looks fantastic. I would love the extra immersion (and whatever other features haven't been announced!). Now, am I the only one who immediately thought of Silent Hunter with that naval grid? :p

No Das Boot was the game if I recall.