• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
rafiki said:
You sure you have all your parenthesis and curly braces balanced and used correctly?

:) Rafiki

That is what usually gets me when writing events and get an error, usually a missing curly braket, at least 75% of the time.

i have tried to load the scenario after deleting all the brackets at the end which appeared to have no partner - it failed. i also checked the other brackets but i will try again. could you check my files for any obvious mistakes - shall i post them here?

Perhaps you could start a thread containing your files? That way "everyone" could take a look while still keeping this thread "clean".

Gentlemen, i have tried to use this guide for creating a nation. I have followed it to the letter, but when Victoria loads it plays the intro movie, then just stops responding. No errors or CTD, just locks and i have to do a 3 finger restart. I think i have narrowed down the problem one of the csv files. I think it might be the countries.csv. What i need to know is this; has someone else ran across this problem, and if not could it be how Office 2000 is saving the csv file? If it is that Office 2000 is the problem, how should i save those files then without corrupting them?

Cheers Thorgrimm

Thorgrimm said:
Gentlemen, i have tried to use this guide for creating a nation. I have followed it to the letter, but when Victoria loads it plays the intro movie, then just stops responding. No errors or CTD, just locks and i have to do a 3 finger restart. I think i have narrowed down the problem one of the csv files. I think it might be the countries.csv. What i need to know is this; has someone else ran across this problem, and if not could it be how Office 2000 is saving the csv file? If it is that Office 2000 is the problem, how should i save those files then without corrupting them?

Cheers Thorgrimm
Use Notepad NOT Excel! This has been known to cause problems in the past. Never use Excel for Paradox files... :)

Sute]{h, thanks for the info. :D

Cheers Thorgrimm

Quick question

I was planning to do a bit of history rewrite, ok really big. My plan was to make the Untied States of the Americas. Yep, the U.S.A is now all of the Americans, save for the part that will will pick up in later in the Spanish American war. So in doing the Super U.S. (Gee I should have fun with HOI 2 with this import!) I was thinking that I will need to edit all of the .inc files or delete them for countries like Mexico. Anyone have any tips or suggestions.

Thanks!

I went through the steps provided and on the main loading screen it freezes at initializing globals. I've gone over it with a fine tooth comb but haven't been able to find anything. I've been over it repeatedly without luck, so I'm not even sure what to do next...

You can look for other tags in the game that aren't currently used, e.g. based on the revolters-file. However, it's much more straight-forward to use the Uxx-tags.

I mean using something like ZZZ or U45 (or UXX when XX is a number > 20) as a tag, because if I use one of them after adding it to the country.csv, the game didn't accept it.

rafiki said:
You can look for other tags in the game that aren't currently used, e.g. based on the revolters-file. However, it's much more straight-forward to use the Uxx-tags.

Nah. Tags are hard-coded, so you have to (re-)use one of the existing ones if you have used all the Uxx-ones.

Does this still work with 1.03?

I've just spent two hours doing exactly what the guide says, yet I always get an error with the revolt.txt. After that, the game locks up XP where I have to do a hard reboot. Any help Please?

Last edited:
AFAIK, file formats weren't changed in 1.03c, so things should still work as prescribed.

If I may offer a piece of advice; when doing changes, make sure to make just a few at a time, so that when you test, it's fairly easy to pinpoint what's wrong if somethign doesn't work.

Primpreal, I can't seem to get my Arzil to work. I do exactly what is says in the guide, and yet it won't work. Could I possibly email it to you so that you can look it over?