• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
→The state must have more power to protect the people from enemy. (towards Authoritarian).

Cantonia.png

Greater Cantonian Republic

Restoration

1943.08.25 0830
Imperial Palace, Xinjing

It had been an hour since the Cantonian Army took the full control of Xinjing, the former capital city of Manchukuo. While the Japanese garrisons were fleeing back to Korea, Aisin-Gioro Pu-yi, the emperor of Manchukuo, were left in the imperial palace with some of his guard. After Cantonian Army seized the control of the city, they were ordered NOT to harm anyone within the palace unless they were fighting back. Later, several Cantonian soldiers entered the palace and guarded Pu-yi's office.

"Sir, please follow us." A soldier entered the room and said to Pu-yi, who was writing his diary.

"Thank you." Pu-yi stood up and said. After he closed his diary, with two soldiers he went out of the room. After walking through several corridors, they reached the meeting room. There were two more soldiers guarding the door, and the flags of Manchukuo were replaced by Cantonia's.

"Please enter." A soldier said and open the door. Within the room several men in suit were sitting along the long desk. Pu-yi only knew the one who was sitting in the middle - Gaan Gwok-dung, the President of Cantonia. He slowly walked into the room and close the door. Suddenly everyone in the room stood up and stared at him. Feeling frustrated, Pu-yi looked at them and wonder what they were doing.

"Please take a seat, your highness." Gaan Gwok-dung said.

"I'm not an emperor anymore, am I?" Pu-yi asked, frustrated.

"Yes, but you were a good one." Gaan Gwok-dung smiled and said.

"Thanks." Pu-yi answered and sat opposite of Gaan Gwok-dung.

"The Allied forces had liberated Xinjing and most of Manchuria, obviously." Gaan Gwok-dung explained, "However, many citizens of Manchuria and Northern China were not so satisfied about our policy, and they were demanding a government for themselves."

"Since they had been ruled by a Monarchy for more than 2000 years, I think a Monarchy......" Gaan Gwok-dung said, "...... Constitutional Monarchy, would be the most suitable government for them."

"We are different from the west : In the past, the power of kings were from the god, so one can't take their place unless with the bless of the church." Gaan Gwok-dung continued, "But there were no such things in China. The power of kings were from the heaven, which had no representatives on earth. So one can kill the king and claimed that he was obeying the order of the heaven."

"In simplier terms," Gaan Gwok-dung stood up and said, "Even with a constitutional monarchy, we can still overthrown you and make another a new king easily, Mr. Pu-yi."

"However, we would not do such, that's not because you were a emperor, but because you are suitable for this career." Gaan Gwok-dung walked beside Pu-yi and said, "You are clever and kind, more importantly, you are popular."

"So if you wish, we may establish a kingdom for you to rule, " Gaan Gwok-dung said, "Actually she's ruled by the people, and us. But you will be the king and receive some power."

"So you are going to put me back to the throne which had little power?" Pu-yi asked.

"Quite right." Gaan Gwok-dung laughed and said, "Well, a nation's a organism, and she won't do things which have no benefit for her, would she?"

"Then I shall be sent back to Nanjing or Beiping?" Pu-yi asked.

"That depends on your decision, Mr. Pu-yi." Gaan Gwok-dung answered, "You can choose where you would like to stay before the time is come. If you insist, we can let you go back to Japan as well. We were not so unkind when it's not our job."

Pu-yi thought for about a minute.

"Well, I would like to stay in Beping." he said, "Then what do you want from me, except being a figurehead?"

"Good question." Gaan Gwok-dung smiled and said, "We would like you to end this broken nation with your signature."

One man in Cantonian Army uniform handed a document to Pu-yi.

"Alright, since this had never been a true nation......" he muttered, and signed the document.

"Also, we had protected several people who served you too." Gaan Gwok-dung said, "You may meet with them later, as you might want them in the future cabinet."

"Should I thank you, Mr. Gaan?" Pu-yi asked.

"Well, " Gaan Gwok-dung laughed, "Time will tell."

Excellent. Then we shall immediately grant independence to the Republic of North China, and in my position as foreign minister I would send requests to the Allied governments and the Comnitern to recognize the Republic of North China as a free and sovereign nation.

I would also recommend that we keep them as a subsidiary basis to Cantonia, and perhaps have them send us their resource surpluses (or in HoI terms, make them our puppets).

Miihkali said:
BTW, there's my vote: The government should be able to command the factories.
Why? It would take 10 years for us to get the full benefit of Central Planning!

But were we not already at full free market, I personally like Central Planning more. Regardless, my vote for 1 move to the left still stands.

Miihkali : Probably Zhang Jing-hui (the former prime minister of Manchukuo) or Yen Hsi-shan(former Jin Clique warlord).

Rodrico Stak : Kingdom, actually.
Yes, Cantonia will do so as soon as the nation is done. :)

DarkReborn : Thanks! :D

I'd say we put Yen Hsi-shan at first, it's a demcracy and they can change him whenever they want afterwards. *Insert stroy here* I met him in Shoeng'hoi while supervising the naval project there, he was seeking political asylum. He's the man for the job. *End story here*

Last edited:
Crush3r said:
I'd say we put Yen Hsi-shan at first, it's a demcracy and they can change him whenever they want afterwards. *Insert stroy here* I met him in Shoeng'hoi while supervising the naval project there, he was seeking political asylum. He's the man for the job. *End story here*
I will do so, but first we need to wait the vote finished. :)

I push for a final reform, in order to make Cantonia a real democratic nation,
and i also demand that the Republic of North China be a independent republic, without puppet status.

Sir Kenny said:
I push for a final reform, in order to make Cantonia a real democratic nation,
and i also demand that the Republic of North China be a independent republic, without puppet status.
Well, rather puppeting in or not, I wonder whether Northern China should be a true republic or a "republic with a figurehead monarch" a.k.a. Constitutional Monarchy. :confused:
(Personally I support the latter, as a figurehead king would unite the Chinese people better than a president) :)

Reno Vercetti said:
Well, rather puppeting in or not, I wonder whether Northern China should be a true republic or a "republic with a figurehead monarch" a.k.a. Constitutional Monarchy. :confused:
(Personally I support the latter, as a figurehead king would unite the Chinese people better than a president) :)

The RNC, should be a Constitutional Monarchy, with the Emperor as it's figurehead.

Sir Kenny said:
The RNC, should be a Constitutional Monarchy, with the Emperor as it's figurehead.
Then it should be KNC. :D

Of course, we will shape the KNC governement's model at our own style, this is, the prime minister is freely elected, but it's a lifelong position, aslo, the cabinet and the President of Cantonia should consider not to puppet this state, they can be more a useful allies, of course, this would be a closed alliance between The Republic of Cantonia, The United Kingdom (or Empire?) of Northern China and Manchuria (doesnt it sound well, eh? :D ), and The Republic(I suppose) of Indochina, and not those western allies, they are directly heading for a war vs the USSR.

And, we will liberate Korea, what shall we do? Independant Kingdom-Republic, or give its territories to the United Kingdom of Northern China, Manchuria and Korea (it would almost win the Austro-Hungarian empire for the longest oficial name! :D )

Oh, yes, my vote, We shall be a true and free democracy!

Last edited:
United Kingdom of Greater Manchuria and Korea? UKGMK in short Greater Manchuria - GM?

I also propose we appeal to the all-knowing save file to adjust Euroborders, and then intervene on behalf of the USSR to release countries as puppets: Romania, Flanders, Wallonia, France (puppeted by USSR as it still exists), Italy (puppeted by USSR as it still exists), Greece, Yugoslavia, Danemark, Palestine, DDR, maybe Austria, Jordan....

Hey, I just read the whole thing today, any chance I can create a character for a very late entrance?

I love your writing BTW great AAR so far, I would be fellowing it.

DarkReborn : Yup, I think he would have the same election system with the president of Cantonia. (lifelong unless the parliament decided to kick him)
Also, I would suggest the Northern China should be a kingdom instead, as it sounds less aggressive. :D
Korea would be part of the Kingdom of Northern China (a self-autonomous state in the story). :) (I don't like Korea, so I won't liberate it)
Edit : The full name of Austro-Hungarian Empire is The Kingdoms and Lands Represented in the Imperial Council and the Lands of the Holy Hungarian Crown of St. Stephen, so I don't think any nations would beat it. :( (Unless Soviet Union decided to add all her member states' name on the name, but that would spend a whole day to write the name)

Crush3r : I would do so after Cantonia left the Allies - AI would mess up my Army while I were loading as other nations. :(

SeedSnatcher : I don't like Korea, so I probably won't do that.

gis : Thanks. :D
Yes, but not minister, probably you can be a character in the story? :confused:

Last edited: