• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Chapman

Recruit
Aug 24, 2018
Hello forum,
I had my own troops stationed in an ally's province and started occupying enemy provinces. The provinces are now occupied by my ally but I want them transferred to my ownership - is there an in-game way to do this?
In open negotiations with my ally it does not seem to be possible, neither when the savegame is loaded as my ally.

I'm playing as Germany, my ally is Persia and the occupied provinces belong to Soviet Union...

If you upload the save I can edit this for you on Monday. You can find the save in your AoD folder, in scenarios/ save games.

Otherwise to do it in game, you'd need Persia to also control those provinces in order to trade them.

Best way to avoid this in future is ensuring your units arrive in the territory first (which only works if you're moving from your own territory, or from a puppets territory).

Last edited:
Thanks for the offer but no worries, I can edit the save file myself. I only thought there might be a way to do this directly in the game with negotiations but apparently that's not possible until the provinces are owned instead of controlled.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Тhere is a good system of "claims" in DH, so, probably, the developers of AOD could do something similar. Or, if the game engine allows it, you could rework the peace negotiation mechanics, but I don't think that's possible.

Тhere is a good system of "claims" in DH, so, probably, the developers of AOD could do something similar. Or, if the game engine allows it, you could rework the peace negotiation mechanics, but I don't think that's possible.
Currently, we have a developer :)

Concerning the DH "claim" system, are you mentioning the ability to right-click a province and do a claim?
If so, Personally I think that functionality is gamey. It's a way to get around annexing a country then not having to use occupation troops. Having a claim on a province then acquiring the province, makes it a national province. The dissent (if any) in a national province is lower than an occupied province.

If enough players want to have this functionality, I could do an option that players can enable. The default would be off/not enabled.

Concerning the DH "claim" system, are you mentioning the ability to right-click a province and do a claim?
If so, Personally I think that functionality is gamey. It's a way to get around annexing a country then not having to use occupation troops. Having a claim on a province then acquiring the province, makes it a national province. The dissent (if any) in a national province is lower than an occupied province.

If enough players want to have this functionality, I could do an option that players can enable. The default would be off/not enabled.
Its a nice option to have! :)

Just claiming "ownership" occupational power would be good. Just to make the map look better. If at all possible then a non-core claim would be great. Like being able to force an allied ai to let you occupy the territory, (and also let us keep provinces when we release puppets) -- But it shouldn't have any other bonuses. (If there is no penalty.)

Edit*Fixed wording

Last edited:
I think many of us just "Open Negotiations" with the ally, and when you have balanced out your normal trades, then list the provinces you want, hit F12 and type "acceptall." Execute, and type "acceptall" again, and ctrl + F12. Done.

I think many of us just "Open Negotiations" with the ally, and when you have balanced out your normal trades, then list the provinces you want, hit F12 and type "acceptall." Execute, and type "acceptall" again, and ctrl + F12. Done.
That only works for provinces the nation "owns", you sadly cannot do that for provinces the nation only "controls".

• 1Like
Reactions:
That only works for provinces the nation "owns", you sadly cannot do that for provinces the nation only "controls".
Yes. I did notice that. Who do those little countries think they are? Do they not realize how fortunate they are to be admitted to our glorious alliance?

Another visit to them may be required...

Last edited:
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
We could have it only give control of the province to the country wanting to claim but that only works if the country you're claiming/taking it from is not an ally. If you claim an ally's province and it's not a core for your country, the game could give it back to your ally. Would this functionality work for you all? It would still be an option that players would need to enable.

I'd just avoid having a "claim territory" feature at all, I don't see much advantage to it. However being able to trade control of provinces you don't own to your allies would be handy, as this thread shows.

I'd just avoid having a "claim territory" feature at all, I don't see much advantage to it. However being able to trade control of provinces you don't own to your allies would be handy, as this thread shows.
It would be nice to "pretty" up the border or make the borders use advantageous terrain (rivers, mountains, etc.). Extra coding for little gain though.

Well, there's a type of player like me who doesn't like to use the cheat panel for anything. It would be very nice to have this as a game feature, not as a "cheat"

As Julie said above, this feature can be turned off/on in game settings.

We all need to remember that in 1.13, under the Trades, there will be no restrictions/limits (currently set to 5) on the number of provinces one can select to trade.

• 3Like
Reactions:
I've thought that an ability to "Counter-offer" to a territory demand w/b a good addition. As Germany say, when the USSR demands territory, you could counter-offer some of it back. IDK how you program that into the code...?

I've thought that an ability to "Counter-offer" to a territory demand w/b a good addition. As Germany say, when the USSR demands territory, you could counter-offer some of it back. IDK how you program that into the code...?
Well you could do it but then how many counter-offers does one allow? Counter-counter-counter-offers? Also, when adding new functionality, you have to weigh the additional code against what results would be obtained, along with how many people want it. Otherwise, we begin to create bloated code.

Instead of adding code, we could reduce or eliminate the 7 day wait period between making another offer (the counter-offer).

Reactions: