• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Well, as Switzerland you get a lot of conquest and vasallisation missions

Uh, why would you say that? Switzerland has no unique missions, so your missions can be any of the generic ones. With some bad luck you can just as well get a string of 'improve relations with France' and 'Make Bohemia vote for us' etc.

Uh, why would you say that? Switzerland has no unique missions, so your missions can be any of the generic ones. With some bad luck you can just as well get a string of 'improve relations with France' and 'Make Bohemia vote for us' etc.

Yes, but as you can't have royal marriages, and you can't be elected as emperor, you can get conquest and vasallisation missions quite often. Sometimes I had like three or four of them in a row. Although I tend to get the mission "Naval race with Castille/Great Britain" regulary. ;)

Right, I realized you wouldn't get 'Get a royal marriage with X', but didn't apply the same reasoning for the HRE missions :p
Still, I think "Well, as Switzerland you get a lot of conquest and vasallisation missions" gives a wrong impression, seems it's a general recommendation based on your personal stroke of luck you had with them.

Yes, but as you can't have royal marriages, and you can't be elected as emperor, you can get conquest and vasallisation missions quite often. Sometimes I had like three or four of them in a row. Although I tend to get the mission "Naval race with Castille/Great Britain" regulary. ;)

This should be fixed to never appear if you don't have a cored coastal province.

I played as Mutapa once. I thought I might conquer some lands and form an African Empire, but it got boring as my army was chasing the enemy's sole African Spearmen unit across many provinces. And the biggest turn off was to discover that the next tech level will be discovered in 1914 (yes, nineteen fourteen).

If you can get passed the issues with Succession, Mutapa is fairly good to play.
Start with some fairly wealthy provinces and easy pickings up north until you start to run into the Arabian nations and Mamalukes, if you concentrate on your sliders you should be able to get rid of the tech issues with westernisation.

Am in the end game of a Brunei > Malaya game where I've kicked the Europeans out of SE Asia and India. I own all East India trade ports and all of the Spice Islands. Westernised to become tech leader and am now stretching my advantage with massive trade Empire.