• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
After this is finished you should do German after losing the war AAR where you claim everything back :p

Would you like a golden flying pig with it? :)

Yes, and when he defeated Britain he just begin playing with Britain ( maybe you have played every nation before 2000 ;)

I´ll intentionally disband my whole army and quit the AAR just like that :p

Chapter V: Becoming a Great Power

Here you can see how big my spy network is. I´m trying to support communists in other countries to create a good opportunity to coup but thus far it has been fruitless. Of course I don´t support communists in Germany – it would be a waste! But how did they got to 35% national unity, I don´t know. I think I´ll give them a bit more if I remember.

clipboard22g.jpg

Manchukuo is on its knees, at the brink of defeat.

clipboard24n.jpg

I´ve cut off a part of Axis forces near Batumi. They still have a port here and can supply their troops though.

clipboard25g.jpg

I couldn´t fully annex Manchukuo (HPP rules) but I´ve at least claimed my cores back. Truce with Manchukuo was signed, although Japanese can still pour their troops onto my territory through it. On the other hand, a good portion of Japanese army was cut off near Khabarovsk.

clipboard26o.jpg

I´ve retaken Vladivostok. While Manchukuo is neutral, I can focus on Korea and Mengjiang.

clipboard27e.jpg

A stray Baltic division full of Panzer III A´s is guarding the border...

clipboard28a.jpg

Come on comrades, grind Manchukuo once again!

clipboard30q.jpg

The Red Army was pushed back and eventually took some losses but the front is stable now. I need to improve infrastructure further. And Marshall: I guess I can´t set up a capital on occupied territory :)

clipboard31o.jpg

Advances, retreats, victories, defeats... That´s a rhyme! :p

clipboard32h.jpg

I found out I can game the game and I built 30 TPs (AI apparently sent my surviving 19 ships – including 7 TPs to die in vain against invincible IJN), fulfilling the requirements to become a great power. Now I can sweep Manchukuo once for good, off the Earth!

clipboard33k.jpg

Infrastructure still needs improvement. The biggest problem are occupied (liberated!) provinces.

clipboard34.jpg

I just can´t sit and watch how the AI cannot close the pocket. Assuming direct control – yes, I´ve played Mass Effect! :)

clipboard35d.jpg

I don´t know how this happened, but I´ve depleted the limitless manpower of the Soviet Union. Extended draft will kill my infra upgrades, yet I have more men to throw at them :)

clipboard38.jpg

Because the supply is really terrible, I´ve pulled off about 350 thousand soldiers away from the frontline. The whole Leningrad HQ has now 800 thousand soldiers, which will have to be enough, at least until I improve supply lines.

clipboard40n.jpg

Whoa, two updates. Yay me! AAR is also up-to-date :)

Manchurskaya SSR sounds good tho :D

Yay!!! That would make for a long AAR series.

Way too long. Let alone HPP has techs max. to year 1955 (?) and German NU would be 0% :p

Way too long. Let alone HPP has techs max. to year 1955 (?) and German NU would be 0% :p
I tried HPP and the tech tree made me crazy and I had to stop because of stuff being so different.
I won actually as Germany in vanilla FTM against USA in 1945 when I nuked DC like 3 times it dropped their unity to 0.

Heh, not surprised that OOS hit pretty hard. Impressed it let you get as far as it did before it stalled the advance. Sad that the German AI kept such few forces on the border, but perhaps it was taking into account what it could supply?

You might want to hold off on relocating the capital until you've finished rolling over Japan and her puppets. The added supply length could stall your advance there.

EDIT: Posted before I saw the second update.

I'd still relocate the capital to the closest decent city to the German border when you're done with the Japs.

Sure but I don't think Ikar wants to do that. It seems like he wants to beat the Germans the old fashioned way and reclaim the Motherland like that. And even then, would supply et al transfer properly over all the occupied terrain around his newly re-minted capital?

I tried HPP and the tech tree made me crazy and I had to stop because of stuff being so different.

That´s the reason why I won´t play vanilla anymore :D

I won actually as Germany in vanilla FTM against USA in 1945 when I nuked DC like 3 times it dropped their unity to 0.

It´s not about nukes. There is something wrong with the German AI. By now ASW should be zero (Kriegsmarine should be non-existent and I doubt they need any convoys to supply their troops elsewhere; Batumi is too recent and small scale for that), so they either...

I´ll check it out myself, it will be the best choice :)

I'd still relocate the capital to the closest decent city to the German border when you're done with the Japs.

Noted. Ufa seems to be a reasonable solution.

By the way, were you lurking my AARs before or you were astounded by post BP Soviet Union? I´ve never seen you posting anything before, only in the general discussion...

You can still relocate the capital if you changeowner of Moscow within the console.

That´s cheesy, at least in in-game terms. On the other hand, moving to Ufa makes less sense than to Moscow. Decisions, decisions...

Where is the mighty Wehrmacht that brought SU to its knees? :)

Nice progress by the way.

Sure but I don't think Ikar wants to do that. It seems like he wants to beat the Germans the old fashioned way and reclaim the Motherland like that. And even then, would supply et al transfer properly over all the occupied terrain around his newly re-minted capital?

I´ll settle for Ufa. At least it won´t be so gamey :)

It´s not about nukes. There is something wrong with the German AI. By now ASW should be zero (Kriegsmarine should be non-existent and I doubt they need any convoys to supply their troops elsewhere; Batumi is too recent and small scale for that), so they either...

I´ll check it out myself, it will be the best choice :)

They rise their NU, but strategic bombing from UK kills it. They have only 1 CA and 1 CL. I don´t know why they don´t use light fighters to intercept bombers.

And because I was over-curious, I found out that they need 820 manpower to reinforce and that they don´t even have the emergency draft in effect...

It looks that even Russia is not immune to the saying stating that you should never fight a land war in Russia :D

And really, where are the Germans? :/ The German response to your attack is quite underwhelming, to say the least ...

I've posted before Ikar. Its just been awhile since I had. I think Ethiopia was the last one I posted in. I was just waiting for one that caught my interest again, and post-BP SOV did that :p
I lurked a couple others of yours, but they had a tendency to be complete by the time I noticed them, heh.

Oh , a great power again , and supply issues ... the world is reversed!

Before I was only a major power. That doesn´t fit Soviet Union well though :D

It looks that even Russia is not immune to the saying stating that you should never fight a land war in Russia :D

If you have a capital far from both fronts, there is nothing you can do. It´s just the quirky way game transfers supplies to your units.

And really, where are the Germans? :/ The German response to your attack is quite underwhelming, to say the least ...

They have no manpower by now. I could enact their emergency draft too; I don´t know if the AI even does that. But I guess they have IC issues (ED gives you -45% penalty for production) - with building coastal forts in Hamburg...

I've posted before Ikar. Its just been awhile since I had. I think Ethiopia was the last one I posted in. I was just waiting for one that caught my interest again, and post-BP SOV did that :p
I lurked a couple others of yours, but they had a tendency to be complete by the time I noticed them, heh.

And I taught I update slowly. I´ll note you as a majorphile, since post BP SU is the biggest state I´ve ever played and that caught your eye :D

Chapter VI: Machurskaya SSR

With manual control, I can drive Germans out of Georgia and Kyrgyzstan easily, in contrast to the AI, which panicky redeploys forces all over the front.

clipboard01vwz.jpg

clipboard02ou.jpg

Mukden – the last Manchurian VP, is about to fall. After that, the Japanese will be trapped in hostile territory! :)

clipboard03pp.jpg

For some odd reason, Germans have apparently found a way to fall back on the British occupied Caucasus. I hope they won´t escape to Turkey though.

clipboard04je.jpg

Manchukuo is annexed, and right after that I´ve gained my first friend into Comintern by creating a puppet state of Manchukuo (I couldn´t puppet them right away; they were already a puppet of Japan).

clipboard06z.jpg

Naming the new state “Manchukuo” was however considered to be old and the new name was horribly overflowing with Japanese imperialism. Naming it “Manchurskaya SSR” instead was therefore quickly approved and put into effect. Together we shall sweep the fascism out of the Asian landscape, and after that from the rest of the world!

clipboard08r.jpg

It was a short but hot update. Thanks for reading!