• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
This is a really interesting scenario, Ikarases!

I'll try to keep up with it, but I can't read much of the text on those screenshots, so I miss alot of what's going on. Are you able to crop them to show the important stuff? I'm an old man, and won't make it far if I have to get out the magnifying glass! :p

Rensslaer

And here we go again... :D

I don´t how the max resolution of pictures to display OK here. I guess you know it, so don´t be shy to write it here! :) And you don´t need to worry; I usually decribe every screenshot and if not, you can still magnify it to see it in full (1920x1080).

Thanks for coming by! :)

I like this. I'm following this now.

Thanks!

Update should be out in the evening, in the worst case scenario tomorrow.

Guys, I know I said an update will be out tomorrow (today) and I know updates like mine aren´t all that complex, but it´ll get delayed until I feel like updating. Don´t worry about me rushing the game and not posting updates; I´m just two chapters ahead of you :)

And because you know me, how would you like me playing the most unplayable minor in the World? Try to guess the minor and post your tips! At least it´ll keep you entertained for a while :)

Chapter IV: To Moscow Comrades, and Further!

What the heck? I´ve lost 6 unity and gained 0,25 war exhaustion just because I´m at war? Nonsense! I´ll modify this later on.

hoi31.jpg

Germans seem to have no supplies, so I just roll over them. That´s good enough, at least until I don´t have supply troubles on my own.

hoi32q.jpg

I guess I couldn´t handle such a big army on my own, so I handed over both of my theatres to the AI. It works quite fine, but sometimes I needed to take direct control to help cut off units on my own.

hoi33.jpg

The more IC, the more better! Yippee!

hoi34.jpg

Nothing much had happened eight days into the war. I´ve only captured border towns (Kuybyshev and Astrakhan). It´s still a pretty fast advance for the Red Army though.

clipboard05td.jpg

Meanwhile the advance in Manchukuo was swift and there weren´t any supply issues thus far.

clipboard06lr.jpg

After one month, the AI did a fairly good job advancing towards Caucasus and Moscow.

clipboard07hg.jpg

Manchukuo was halfway conquered and it was expected to bring it on its knees soon.

clipboard08cm.jpg

Stalingrad was never really taken over before by the Axis before, so the first battle (and hopefully last) of Stalingrad was won by Soviets.

clipboard09u.jpg

Since I feel the frontlines are somewhat empty (let alone AI still complains about the lack of troops) I train some regular infantry divisions, but this time on minimal training. Recruiting INF divisions in less than a month is quite impressive and cool for my intentions :)

clipboard10ng.jpg

That´s what you call an AI OOB mess. Just note the border changes :)

clipboard11l.jpg

I´ve created one more theatre to handle uprisings. Soon enough I´ll have at least five of them in total. The front is still advancing, although this Russian “molnienosnija vajna” has been a thing of the past.

clipboard12z.jpg

Lend-Lease? Now? What the...?

Thanks Uncle Joe! :)

clipboard14v.jpg

First victory condition is fulfilled! Axis started at 8 (they only needed to defeat UK and two more; I think Comintern has the simplest VCs of all factions – take Europe and you´re done, plus maybe take Harbin), but now they have 6 and I have 1. Red Army will bring them to 0! :p

clipboard15v.jpg

Get out of the barracks already, damn you!

clipboard16t.jpg

And as you can see the map now, this is where the advance just dies. Yeah, you guessed it: supplies!

clipboard18j.jpg

On the other hand, we´re close to capture last VPs of Manchukuo and retake our lands in eastern Asia!

clipboard19k.jpg

Some advance was made towards Romania, but OOS bonuses are killing me. I´ll be forced to fall back and reinforce my army. Moscow is taken, but Berlin has to wait.

clipboard20d.jpg

Thanks for reading! :)

I think it would only be fair to relocate your capital to Moscow. I can't imagine the Soviet government staying in Novosibirsk :D
Now, do us all a favour and take down the Baltic Union!

Nice update/progress! A post BP scenario is very interesting and we also get to read some pretty original sentences about the SOV player advance “the AI did a fairly good job advancing towards Caucasus and Moscow":laugh:

Bah. No updates make me sad :(

You shouldn´t sad anymore! :p

Just subbing! This is a really interesting idea, post BP Soviet union. I hope you crush the Nazi beneath your red boot!:)

Will do, thanks for your wishes!

Very fast advance. Good job!

Don´t worry; I´ll liberate Finland soon enough, so they don´t need to share land border with Nazi invaders!

Winter War is one of the VCs anyway :p

I think it would only be fair to relocate your capital to Moscow. I can't imagine the Soviet government staying in Novosibirsk :D
Now, do us all a favour and take down the Baltic Union!

Whoa, that´s an interesting idea! Indeed, I was thinking about it but I never dared to really find it out. Only if you don´t consider it cheating, because I agree it would be plausible.

Great observation from you once again, Marshall! :)

Nice update/progress! A post BP scenario is very interesting and we also get to read some pretty original sentences about the SOV player advance “the AI did a fairly good job advancing towards Caucasus and Moscow":laugh:

Yeah, I tend to speak of "we/I/Soviet Union" at the same time. But so much micromanagement would kill me, or it would really slow down the AAR and might potentially wear down my interest.

Sorry for bad grammar, it´s Simpsons time! :p

Sure I know what your "liberation" means... I'm NOT falling for that!!! :p

Come on now. You don´t want some warmongering Germans living on your borders!

And you also don´t want a democratic regime in Finland! :)

One of the Soviet VCs is to have 10 members in the Comintern. I guess spamming Balkan countries instead of Yugoslavia would help, but I´ve already chosen the puppet option...

Puppeting is probably the best option always when your playing somewhat historically as major... After this is finished you should do German after losing the war AAR where you claim everything back :p

Puppeting is probably the best option always when your playing somewhat historically as major... After this is finished you should do German after losing the war AAR where you claim everything back :p
Yes, and when he defeated Britain he just begin playing with Britain ( maybe you have played every nation before 2000 ;)