• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The Crowned Stag

Why are you not happy?

Lady Hilary
(January 295)​

Around and around the two newlyweds spun. Both had huge smiles on their faces and it was good to see that so many were happy. She should be just as happy as the rest, but she just could not work up the energy to be so. For to long now she was nothing but miserable. She had every reason to be happy. Her eldest son was now wed to the beautiful maiden princess of Dorne, Alla the woman her husband had cheated with had been set aside, and Jonella was being allowed to stay in Moonsgrey with her.

2cf968c9-9f1e-44ac-a3e6-97461a2e7766_zps01be2401.jpg

All of these things should bring her joy. However, she could only think of Alla. She had slept with her husband, gave him a bastard daughter and yet she pittied her. The woman was cast aside just like she had been. She was certain that she had been cast aside for no other reason then that their son’s marriage reminded Paul of his own vows. He was trying to please her, but in the end it only enraged her more.

a3801ade-e030-4640-9a4a-35ff76c33ab2_zpsaa46d228.jpg

He set her aside to ride off for war, he sets her opinion aside because he wants a certain knight to train his family, he found his way into the bed of another woman who he gave a child too, he then dared to name their last child after the very knight she despised and now he thinks he can make it all better by setting aside this woman too? No, they would be married until they died, but they would never be man and wife again.

As the dance came to an end Hilary watched as the young Dornish woman made her way to sit down while her son took up another dance with his sister Jonella. Caleigh was unable to make the trip up from Gulltown because of the weather, but at least Jonella was here to see her brother’s marriage. The two looked so much alike it was scary. The only real difference was the fact that Caleigh and Bryton had taken their father’s dark brown nearly black eyes while Jonella had the same icy blue eyes she had.

Looking back over to the newest member of their family Hilary was surprised to see that the huge smile she had on the dance floor was gone. The poor girl looked even more depressed then she did. Before she knew what she was doing Hilary found herself standing beside the dark skinned woman. “Is everything okay dear? Why are you not happy? Today is your wedding day.”

“I am happy mother. You do not mind if I call you mother do you?” Giving the girl a nod Hilary listened to what she had to say. “Your son is beautiful and smart and kind. He is everything I hoped for in a husband but with this marriage I will now be a Lady of the Vale. With me here I fear that one of my brothers will claim Dorne in my place or that I will never see my father or home ever again. It is so cold up here. It is not what I am used to.”

47b1b43c-9b29-4dca-8934-f40ff7bdb86c_zps294c811c.jpg

Gently placing her hand on the young woman’s shoulder Hilary took the seat next to her. “I understand that you are nervous. This is a big thing. It will take some time, but I am certain you will eventually love these lands as much as you love your own. As for seeing your father again you will certainly get the chance to see him whenever you so wish. And do not fear about your brothers taking what is yours. I am not sure if you realize this but my husband and King Robert have been friends since their days in Robert claiming his throne. So long as he sits the throne then you should not fear that you will lose your position as heir of Dorne.”

Brushing back the girl’s hair from her shoulder Hilary smiled at her and was pleased to see a smile returned from the young woman. It was then that the call for the ‘bedding’ began. In a rush of movement Jonella, Zia, Alla, and the other ladies of the court were all pushing and stripping her son out the door. Each lady include her own daughter were making obscene jokes to him all the time the pushed and stripped him out of his clothes.

Feeling her hand now holding nothing but air she sees that the bride was lifted up off her chair with one arm by her monster of a husband.

“To bed, to bed, to bed you must go.
You will kiss and you will touch and in time you will be all aglow.
With a touch and a thrust.
My son will make you feel lust.
Now off to bed.
For the both of you are now wed.”

Last edited:
Thank you. It is quite interesting to see how far I can go. I can never get Paul further then the LP of the Vale. Though Bryton I can usually see him made to sit the iron throne if I wish to.

Mostly I like to see all the people that they will get to interact with that I know from the book series. One of my favorites Paul was made LC of the Wall, Bryton joined the kingsguard before that and was eventually LC over Bronn, Tyrion, Gregor, Balon Swann, Garlan Tyrell, and Renly. That was a fun playthrough.

I really love your AAR that you are starting so far and I am certain that you will at least take third I hope and you will have your own character in the AGOT universe.

The Crowned Stag

A melee to honor a wedding

Bryton Badics
(March 295)

5e4ad661-6afd-4920-8a6f-4320ab315a04_zps022e8f53.jpg

“I told you father, you do not need to have a melee between your knights to honor my wedding.”

“I know I do not have to Bryton, but every wedding should have some games for those who are not wed to enjoy. So in three hours we will go down to the field and watch our eight knights do battle to see which of them will be named champion of your wedding.”

Before they could talk more of this Bryton heard the telltale sign of the Maester approaching them. He was the only man in this keep who wore a robe since Septon Nestor never seemed to leave they Septy nowadays. “Lord Badics, Lord Badics,” Bryton heard behind him. As he and his father turned he saw that he was indeed correct it was Maester Eustace who had been running up to them. “A raven just arrived from the Eyrie for you. I believe it is the one you have been waiting for.”

Snatching the message which the Maester was holding Bryton watched as his father looked over the note. Once, twice, and then a third time. His father then dropped his hands giving out the softest of sighs of relief. Whatever was on that message was something that has been bothering his father for some time he could see. “You will want to read this son. Now tell me what it means?” Holding out the small piece of paper he read…

’We agree. JW, AW, JA’

Bryton had to read over it a few times himself. We agree? So that means the letters behind it were initials of peoples names, but who’s? JW, AW, and JA. Who had those initials in these lands? AW was probably the Lady Anya Waynwood. If she was in the center then the first was probably a minor Lord while the latter then would have to be Lord Jon Arryn. What would these three be agreeing about with his father though? His father was an ambitious man, he wanted more and more and more just like himself. So then what would he be seeking permission for from the Lord Jon Arryn? It was then that it struck him. “The Lady Waynwood and Lord Arryn agreed to your war?”

“That is correct son. As long as we can take it, the lands of Strongsong will now be ours.”

c009057c-d18d-433a-b279-c1da53be16e0_zps7cea0b32.jpg

“Congratulations father. It looks like you will soon be the new ruler of Strongsong. Will you allow me to command the army that marches from The Crown?”

His father stared at him with his dark nearly lifeless eyes for what felt like an eternity. He looked him over from foot to head and did so again. It almost felt like he was examining him of all of his weaknesses, his strengths, and all that he was. Nothing had been more uncomfortable in his entire life. Finally the scrutiny came to an end when he said, “No. I am sorry son but you are still young and newly wed. You will not return to the battlefield until you are a knight and you have your first child. Your life and children from your union with Arianne are even more important then me becoming Lord of Strongsong. I’m sorry.” With that both his father and Eustace were gone.

Crushed by this news Bryton returned to his rooms which were empty at the moment. His wife was most likely outside of the city watching the melee that his father was throwing in their honor. It would not be until later that night when his wife finally found him upstairs sitting on the edge of their bed that he learned that Ser Symond had bested all of his father’s other knights to claim his position. He would no doubt be the man who led the army from The Crown because of his victory.

Last edited:
The Crowned Stag

Ride back to Moonsgrey

Ser Durran
(September 295)​

What a battle that had been. The two armies had been evenly matched with five thousand soldiers on either side. The Lord Belmore had ridden out of Strongsong in command of his own army with his son Cador at his side and he had hired the mercenary army of Hugo the Hunter to fight alongside of him.

It was still hard to believe that he had been in command of the two thousand men who had marched from The Crown with Ser Denys. Only a few years ago he was nothing but the Master-at-Arms of the Lord of Moonsgrey. He then led two thousand men to victory alongside his Lord. What a rush. The battle had been over for a few days now, but he still could not really remember the details. One thing above all else though had stuck with his mind. The moment Lord Paul had joined the battle the entire rhythm of the fight changed.

He had stayed behind at first to command the battle, but once it was obvious that his men were starting to lag he rode forward to join the fray. Hacking and slashing left and right he cut his way through the lines killing any man who came within his reach. No man or beast could stand before him without being cut down. It was a truly glorious display of skill and in the end it was this skill which broke the enemy army and sent them running from the field. With no army left in the field Benedar Belmore, Lord of Strongsong, came before his Lord and surrender himself and his title to him.

1d46d992-b789-4fb3-a588-ae3c2c6ed439_zps0aa683c6.jpg

Durran was still not sure if his Lord was happier at that moment when he became the new Lord of the High Lordship of Strongsong or when he received the request from King Robert. A messenger had arrived from King’s Landing the day before the battle with news that with Cersei Lannister death the previous month Robert would marry his eldest daughter. Durran could still not believe that the young Lady was now the Queen of the Seven Kingdoms.

8e8b22a9-4c80-432a-a301-09ae38586f83_zps65bca69f.jpg

Everything seemed to be going so well. Lord Paul had gained control of Strongsong, the Queen was now his daughter and I was now commander of The Crown’s army. What could possibly go wrong? It was at that time that their prisoner decided to start talking. “Lord Paul, oh Lord Paul. I can not wait to learn of Littlefinger’s reaction to you taking over Strongsong for yourself. He has long been a friend of mine and I am certain he will not take it well that you have imprisoned me and named yourself the Lord of Strongsong.”

“To be honest with you Benedar, I could care less what the weakest Lord of the Fingers thinks of anything I do. Now if you will be quite, I will greatly appreciate it.”

“He may have been only a Lord of the Fingers a few days ago, but not any more. Have you not heard?”

This seemed to get his Lord’s attention who turned in his saddle to look at his prisoner. “Heard what?”

“That Lord Arryn is dead of course. Lord Petyr Baelish is the new Protector of the Vale until little Barbara comes of age. So I fear you will soon regret your little action against me.”

9e2da304-066c-4255-97b7-f761a466f452_zpse008ff5c.jpg

Last edited:
The Crowned Stag

Sagging Teats

Anya Waynwood
(February 296)​

She had been the Lady of the Eastweald for years now and these minor Lord of the fingers dare put her in the sky cells. Though she was no longer in them any longer she could still remember the fear of rolling out of one to her death. Each night she jerked awake at least four or five times in fear of falling to her death. Littlefinger will pay for what he had done.

With her mind running in circles and her breathing picking up pace she had to take a moment to collect herself. She was no longer in the sky cells. No longer was she at the mercies of Littlefinger. She was home. She was safe. She would have her revenge. “Tarysa dear please fetch our guests.” Tarysa was her cousin and mother to the Harrold Arryn. Harrold ‘the Heir’ some called him. Should anything happen to young Barbara then Harrold would take over the Vale in her place. He would likely make a good Lord, but what this land needed now was a woman’s touch. More importantly it needed a woman who was not a child and would not be bullied or coerced into doing things that is not good for these lands.

The first candidate for this was in fact Tarysa but she was to playful. She did not have the right mentality to rule herself let alone all the Vale. Within weeks if not days Littlefinger would see himself back into power one way or another. No, they would need another to take command of these lands. With the door opening again she rose from her seat to greet her guests. “Welcome to Ironoaks my Lords.” Into the room stepped three men each with their own unique reason for being here. “It is a great honor to have the Lords of Royce, Corbray and Elesham all within my hall. It has been far to long since we have met.”

Staring her down with his grey eyes the Bronze Yohn said, “I know why you called us here so just come out and say it. You want revenge on Littlefinger for what he had done to you.”

“To bad I wasn’t in the Eyrie that day. I wouldn’t have mind seeing you prancing around the castle with your sagging teats.” Before she could smack Lord Cadwyl, the Bronze Yohn did it for her.

“Show some respect Lord Elesham. I too was recently a guest within the sky cells of the Eyrie at Littlefinger’s ‘request‘.” Bronze Yohn bowed his head to her and added, “Now what were you about to say Lady Anya?”

“I was going to say that I do indeed wish to repay Littlefinger for his slight against both myself and you Lord Royce. We were both arrested for no other reason then the fact that we were threats to his power. Together the two of us can muster more men then all of the rest of the Vale combined. With Lord Elesham’s assistance he can sack Littlefinger’s home and Lord Lyonel can ensure no army comes south from Northweald. Together we can ensure that the Vale is returned to strong leadership.”

“Strong leadership you say? But who’s leadership,” asked Lord Cadwyl.

“I had originally hoped to keep Lady Barbara as the Lady of the Eyrie but she is far to young. We need to see that the Vale is strong in these days. So I would suggest that my cousin Lady Meredyth be the new Lady of the Vale.”

This brought silence. Each man before her was weighting the choices in his mind and eventually they would see that this was the best option. First it was Lord Cadwyl who nodded and then the Bronze Yohn did as well. Lord Lyonel though simply stood there and thought. He had also not said anything since coming into the room, but at this time he asked, “What of Lord Badics? Strongsong is now depleted of soldiers from his war against Lord Belmore but he is still the father of the new Queen. Should he request aid from King Robert, I fear he will send it and we will be crushed.”

To this question it was Bronze Yohn who responded. “Yes it is true that King Robert has married Lord Paul’s eldest daughter Caleigh. But she also lived with me and my wife most of her life. Her obligations to family and to us will make it so that she ensures that King Robert will do nothing. So have no fear.”

“Have no fear you say? But was it not Lord Paul who bested you at the Tourney of Strongsong?”

“That was play, this is war. He is one man. He has also enraged Littlefinger by imprisoning his friend the Lord Benedar. I do not believe we have anything to fear of him. So what do you say?” It took a few moments but finally Lyonel Corbray nodded.

Last edited:
That is chapter 13. Just three more to go before the end of the first book. The next chapter is the larger battle I told you about. I have work tomorrow so I will use that time to write it out instead of just doing it on my computer between classes like I did with these last five. Hopefully I will have it posted some time before the weekend. I have already written the two chapters after it, I just want to make sure that this next chapter is really good.

So any thoughts on these first 13 chapters? Any favorite characters or people you are interested to learn more about? If any of you wish to learn any information about any of the other people in the AGOT universe that happened in my game feel free to ask. I will be happy to let you know. Also if you want any previews of things to come just let me know and I will send you a little spoiler via PM.

I have three more chapters left to read!!! lol...I'm liking it quite a bit so far, enjoy how you jump characters like Martin does, and give different perspectives.

The Crowned Stag

Knights of the Vale

Paul Badics
(October 296)​

They were completely surrounded. All that was left of the Vale's ten thousand men were the four thousand who fought beside him. Even though they were outnumbered more then two to one, Paul was still honored to fight this battle. Beside him were Brynden Tully, Nyckolas Saul, Durran, Denys, Symond, Gwayne, and even Lyn Corbray who had switched sides.

d32f556b-3978-4e22-ab81-0b829a8ec745_zpsea521893.jpg

444a5293-6b58-4fd4-a4f8-4846c11b7ed7_zps8adb835c.jpg

Looking back he could still remember what had brought him to this point. When word had reached Moonsgrey of the four nobles defection he quickly brought Benedar Belmore out of his dungeon. It was then a short trip to the Eyrie where he was given audience with Petyr Baelish. "Lord Regent, thank you for meeting with me." To this the man had simply nodded and had the smallest of smiles. It was almost like he knew why he was here. Then again the man probably did. "I am releasing your friend back to his position as Lord of Strongsong, but he will now be my vassal."

"I'm glad you made the trip up here to tell me that Lord Badics." As he spoke the smile was still there.

"Very well then, that is not the only reason I am here. I want command of the ten thousand men you currently have at the base of the mountain."

"No," this response got a smile from Lord Benedar. His next comment though quickly took the smile away, "You will command four thousand of these men. The rest will be under Ser Creighton and Lord Patrick Back. Overall command will be Ser Creighton's."

That had been two months ago. Now here he stood side by side with some of the greatest knights of the Vale trying to put down a rebellion. He still could not believe that the Bronze Yohn had done this. The man was such a great noble. He had raised his daughter and now either he or his children will lose their father today.

Walking in front of his men he called out, "Men of the Vale. Today we fight to protect the family we have sworn to serve. Should we fall today then the Falcon will die. This battle, this moment will determine who will rule the Vale. We may be outnumbered, we may be abandoned by Ser Creighton, but we will fight on. Lord Back lost his life for this moment. Do not let his death be in vain. Fight on, fight with honor, fight for the Vale. Now fight with me!!!" With a great roar his four thousand men began moving towards the ten thousand who had cornered them against the Sea. They were outnumbered, many of their comrades had either died or fled the battlefield, but they would fight on. Even to their own deaths these men would continue to fight. To their last breaths these were the Knights of the Vale.

Taking his position beside Ser Durran and Ser Denys he looked down his lines. He would command the center, the Blackfish protected his left and Ser Saul and Ser Corbray had the right. Now was the moment that would decide who would win. Will the Lady Barbara rule the Vale when she came of age or would the last two traitors place a new leader in the Eyrie?

Half of the traitors and the two weakest were the first to fall. Lord Lyonel and Lord Cadwyl were now both living in the Heart's Home dungeon. He had taken command of eight thousand of the ten thousand men while Ser Creighton and Lord Belmore took two thousand north. The Battle of Heart's Home was an easy affair as Lord Lyonel could only muster up three thousand men. He had half that number in archers and after five volleys the remaining five hundred soldiers dropped their weapons and gave up their leader.

Ser Lyn Corbray had been smart and after he heard of his brother's action he left to the Riverlands where he met his new bride. With him gone and not taking part in his brother's actions he returned after the battle to join up with the Vale's army. The following day Ser Creighton returned with word that he had ambushed Lord Cadwyl at Midlor's Point. He too was left at Heart's Home dungeon under the guidance of Lord Benedar Belmore who refused to fight beside his new liege.

Now here he was. It was time to capture the last two traitors. The battle would have been more evenly matched but when they arrived at Old Anchor Lord Hardyn refused to open his gates to them. He pledged from the battlements that he served the Lady Barbara, but this war was not his problem. As they left the keep to hunt down the rebel army they had been ambushed and Lord Patrick Back was killed. In a fit of fear Ser Creighton fled the field while naming Paul his rear guard. He knew Ser Creighton just wanted a chance to live, but Paul swore he would see this battle won. He had plans for the Lady Barbara.

Unsheathing his great sword from his back he saw that he was only a few yards away from the enemy shieldwall. The wall will break, the wall will break he echoed in his head. If he just had faith it would collapse then it would. Each step he made that little prayer and each step it looked like it would not happen. Only steps away from the spearwall suddenly the shields and men behind them sprouted with arrows. It was only a few hundred shafts, but it was enough to break open a spot here and there in the line. With a swing of his mighty sword he was into the third and fourth ranks. Slashing left and right he spun his dance of death. He knew there was no man would stand against him. Every person with sword, spear, or shield would be cut down. There was nothing to fear. He heard and felt the thumps of swords and spear points against his armor. Some men would be worried he was going to die but not he. He used these feelings and noise to pinpoint enemies and turn to face them. The brave and foolish would keep on fighting them, then die. The smarter men would run from him, but with so many men in such a cramped place they had no where to run to. So in the end they would die too.

Eventually through this battle he came across a man in the full plate of the knight like he. A knight he might be, but he was not in bronze so there was nothing to worry over. This man would fall like the rest. As their blades crossed Paul was surprised when his great sword was knocked from his hands. The man must have only just joined the battle whereas he had been fighting for hours. He would not fall to this man. Grabbing the man's sword hand Paul went on to smash him on the helmet. Once, twice, three times and finally on the fourth the man's body fell limp.

With this man's sword now in hand he returned to the fight. It went on for another hour before finally there were no more enemies left before him. There were no more enemies anywhere except for the ones on the ground. "Lord Badics, Lord Badics," he heard called behind him. It was Ser Gwayne. "Lord, great news the Blackfish captured Yohn Royce. All that is left are the Ladies Anya and Meredyth."

"No my Lord," this came from Ser Symond. "Ser Lyn was able to capture the baggage train. Both of the Ladies were with it. There are no more people who stand against us. The war is over my Lord. We have won."

9763109f-8827-4476-b693-d680d2ae7768_zps55ca536c.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had to use older pictures of both of those two character's since the ones I took at the time were not loaded and I already deleted the ones I took.

Last edited:
The Crowned Stag

A Ser and his Castle

Bryton Badics
(February 297)​

Looking out over the crowd he could not believe all the people who had come to this event. There was of course his family with his mother, younger brothers, sister Jonella, the bastard Tanya Stone, his beautiful wife, and even his sister the new Queen of the Seven Kingdoms and twin Caleigh had come this day.

de65ae09-7a0a-4496-b734-c1fab48e3c0d_zpsad4c0518.jpg

She looked amazing in her sable gown that clung to her body. Around her neck was links of gold that went well with both her hair and the golden circlet she wore upon her head. It was obvious from the way she dressed that the King was giving her all that she desired. It was good to see that she was being treated well and that she had made the trip up for this moment.

Along with the family there were Lords and Ladies and Knights of the Vale who had come as well. Chief most of these was the slender form of Petyr Baelish, Protector of the Vale. He knew the man was not here because of him, but rather because of his father. He still did not care. How many other men could say that both a Queen and a Regent came to pay their respects to you upon their knighting? Very few indeed. Beside him stood his friend the Lord Benedar and his son Cador. Besides them were the cousins Lady Anya, Meredyth, and Tarysa Waynwood along with Tarysa’s son Harry Arryn.

Of course there were also his father’s knights Ser Durran, Ser Gwayne, Ser Denys, and Ser Symond there to watch as his father knighted him. Then there were Maester Eustace and Septon Nestor who had knighted his own father at this very same spot where he was kneeling. The biggest differences between his own knighting and that of his father’s was that he would be knighted with the sword where as his father was knighted by the seven oils of the sept.

At that moment his father opened the door to the septy. With the sun just beginning to set behind him his father’s frame and shadow made a very gruesome figure. He stood at the entrance to the door for some time before finally making his way towards him. Some knights he knew wore their armor when they knighted another, his father though simply wore his greatsword on his back. Unsheathing the mighty blade he rested it on his right shoulder.

“Bryton of House Badics. In the name of the Warrior I charge you to be brave.” Moving the blade over his head he taped him on the left. “In the name of the Father I charge you to be just.” Back over to the right. “In the name of the Mother I charge you to defend the young and innocent.” The left. “In the name of the Maid I charge you to protect all women.”

cddda4ad-e056-4594-9702-7f71504a7032_zpsd0fe1d42.jpg

“Rise Ser Bryton Badics.” Coming to his feet his younger brother Terrance came up beside him handing him his sword. Wrapping the sword belt around his waist Bryton bowed his head to his father in thanks. “Ser Bryton Badics kneel before your Lord.” This slightly caught him off guard. This was not part of the ceremony, but he knelt nevertheless. “Ser Bryton for eight years now you have served as my squire and learned from me. In these years I have taught you how to be a soldier, how to be a leader. More importantly I taught you to be just and kind. You are my eldest son and my heir. Having been knighted before the Seven I now make you Lord of The Crown before the Seven as well. Now arise Ser Bryton Badics, Lord of Crown Crag.”

818c4923-293e-4034-9e4c-b5ac04350102_zps862339a8.jpg

This had caught him completely off guard. Returning to his feet Bryton was surprised to see his father’s great smile. It was then when both were on their feet and father and son were looking at each other that the guests began clapping and cheering for him. He was now both a Knight and a Lord of the Vale. Today he took his first steps as a man of these lands. Now where would it take him?

Last edited:
The Crowned Stag

A Lion‘s Honor

Tyrion Lannister
(February 297)​

The realm was broken. The Seven Kingdoms had fallen in the time of a single ruler. The Mad King had killed his own people, but when Robert rose up at least it was to put a new King on the throne. Now Doran Martell claimed himself as the Prince of Dorne., Mace Tyrell says he is the King of the Reach, and his own father named himself King of the Rock.

23e022ad-21a8-4264-9639-6216b67993ee_zpsb55e6a79.jpg

f7e4e412-78b6-42a9-8bb0-2e412bc00a88_zpsadb1e81d.jpg

The man had always wanted more power, but he couldn’t have a dwarf succeeding him. He no longer had to worry about that though. With his only daughter dead and his eldest son Lord Commander of the Kingsguard he had forced him to take the white. He was the laughing stock of the entire Kingdom. What King would have a dwarf as his guard?

His brother of white despised him and he could not blame them. Besides such men as Gregor Clegane, Mandon Moore, Boros Blount, and his own brother Jaime he was pathetic. It was foolish for him to be here, but his father had given him a choice, the kingsguard or the Wall. His youngest son of his new marriage Jon would become heir. He would have nothing in this world except his mind until his death. At most his name would go down as the ‘white imp’. The dwarf guard of the drunk, fat King of Westeros. He could not allow this. He was a Lannister of Casterly Rock and he would make something of himself he promised.

Tomorrow was the day that the King would ride out to face his father’s armies. They were making their way through the Golden Tooth now and Robert sword he would meet them in the field. That meant he was currently in the armory then. Dressing in his white armor Tyrion only took from his room a small crossbow that was made for him. This was a gift from his brother and he had trained with it since he took the white. Strapping it to his back he made his way into the King’s bedchambers.

The King would be returning in a few more hours and he would be here for the night before his trip to meet his father in the field. His brothers in white would accompany the King to face his father while he stayed behind to protect the King’s three sons; Orys the eldest, Harbert, and Maric. The King’s wife the lovely young woman of the minor House in the Vale was currently away for her brother’s knighting. That meant only the three boys would be his charge.

Crashing through the door Robert yelled, “Damn them. Damn them to hell. You tell that bastard armorer to fix my breastplate. It fit the last damn time I wore it.” Spotting the Imp standing off to the side he roared at him, “Oh I forgot they were having you guard me tonight. My armor doesn’t fit and I have a dwarf to be my protector. Oh how this kingdom has turned to shit.” Ripping open one of the bottles of wine on his table the King started to chug it down. Though only a little more then half went into his mouth while the rest poured into his thick beard. With a loud crash he fell into his bed sitting up with his back against the head board. “So ‘great’ protector, is there anything for me to fear tonight?”

Tyrion just smiled and said, “Yes.” TWANG!!! Firing the bolt on his small crossbow he watched it bury itself into the King’s eye. The thing had punctured all the way through his skull into the wood behind holding his head up. As he watched the blood drip out of his eye socket it began mixing with the red wine in his beard until he could no longer tell which was which.

84ef5c2b-54bb-4fc7-b5a7-cd96e69b4a18_zps429fdc09.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

And with that Book 1, The Crowned Stag, comes to an end. I hope you are all enjoyed the first book in the 'From Lords to Kings' series I am writing. Book 2, Three Fawns, will be started on Monday.

Last edited:
Well here are three more for you tnick.

Yeah some interesting things happened throughout this game. I hope I can portray it really well in this aar. As of right now I have written to the fourth chapter of book 3. I have enough data that will be going into book 5.

LMAO!!!! I so wish that happened in the books, and was part of the tv series. Would really enjoy seeing Tyrion killing Robert in single combat!!! To funny and once again great writing Etzel :)

:rofl:I don't think anyone will call Tywin a kingmaker anymore.

I know you said you were only going to have two perspectives from characters outside of the Badics' sphere, but please please write a section where we learn Tywin's reaction to what the Giant just did.

On the main story, the weaving between the relatively minor quarrels of the Vale and the larger troubles of the Kingdom is mostly well-done. The only section that I think is a bit clumsy about it is the chapter where we learn the fate of the Greyjoys. I would suggest expositing future events like that with the performance of a song like 'Raines of Castamere'. The directness of the raven messages is too similar to the in-game messages to quite work.

The characterization is also by and large quite good. But I think the sheer talent of Bryton in-game needs to be more remarked upon in-story. It feels a bit weird that Bryton was so concerned about living up to his father's expectations earlier when he is better than his old man and most of the rest of Westeros.

Looking forward to more.

Chapter 1 of book 2 is another Tyrion chapter. It shows Tywin's reaction.

This upcoming book will have four chapters where it is not following somebody in the Badics household. As for Bryton there is a reason that he idolizes his father. Paul is considered the greatest knight in the Vale. Paul may not be the greatest character in stats but just because somebody is great at something they receive the proper recognition for it.

Just to let you know Bryton also only has one chapter in the next book. It mostly expands further into Pauls other four children(Jonella, Terrance, Gwayne and his bastard Tyana). They only had a few mentions here and there. It will also get into what happens to Caleigh now that Robert is dead.

I just caught up on this tale. Great job, as usual, Etzel! Enjoying it immensely.

Three Fawns

Kingslayer

Tyrion Lannister
(April 297)​

He could still remember the feeling when he became a Kingslayer like his older brother. He thought his brother would understand why he had done it, and he was right. Instead of having him killed he instead simply had the new King, Orys Baratheon, strip him of the white. He was now the heir to Casterly Rock and would one day succeed his father now that he was no longer part of the Kingsguard.

Waiting outside the gates of King’s Landing, Tyrion stood beside his brother and his nephew Orys. The boy was only eight years old, but he already stood taller then him. Behind them stood the six other Kingsguard. With his position taken from him, his brother had given the spot to a local sellsword named Bronn. An intriguing fellow who he could not help but feel he knew from somewhere. Maybe from a dream or another life.

It felt like hours the nine of them stood there in silence. Then at last a horseman was seen and then another and another. Hundreds and hundreds of horses were now in sight. Only a few of them came riding up to the Gate however. At their head was a tall, lean man with greying hair. Upon his head also sat a golden crown. “Uncles, why does grandfather wear a crown? I thought you said I was the King now that father is dead?”

6cf2f86f-f3ef-414b-a1a6-ebfd374d76a1_zpsbb00d0d7.jpg

Before either he or his brother could say anything their father spoke. “You are King of the Stormlands, the Vale, Riverlands, the Iron Islands and the North. You will hold these five once you come of age. The Reach, Rock and Dorne are now Kings unto themselves.”

“I don’t understand.”

“You will in time. I am taking you back with me to Casterly Rock and you will learn beside my son and heir, Jon. He is much younger then you, but you two will learn together.”

“Father did you say…” before he could finish what he was saying Tywin snapped at him. “You will not address me as ‘Father’, Imp. You are no son of mine. I only have one son.”

This greatly confused Jaime who asked, “How am I no longer your son?”

“Both of you have turned traitor and killed the man you are sworn to protect. Now you two Kingslayers will never speak to me again.” Turning his horse Tywin said, “Come Orys. We are leaving.” With that Tyrion watched his hopes and dreams ride away. He had killed a King and sold another to become his father’s heir, but it was all for nothing it seemed.

His father would pay. One way or another his father would pay.

Last edited:
As promised here is Tywin's reaction to Tyrion's murder.

It's good to see you again Eber. Nice to see that you are still around. ^_^

Edit- Also just to let you guys know this book has much shorter chapters then the last one.

Last edited:
Three Fawns

Meeting of the Powerful

Petyr Baelish
(October 297)​

As he looked out the window he could not help but smile down on the children playing. It was the first snowfall of the winter and they were enjoying it. The boys it seemed were playing as knights while the girls were having a game of snowballs. He saw King Robert’s bastard Mya throwing one of the balls of snow as the Lady Barbara Arryn avoided it. The ball was able to make it all the way across and hit Gwayne Badics who lost his joust because of it.

Turning back into the room Petyr looked at the men who were sharing this meeting. These were the most powerful men in all the Vale. Or at least the ones who were loyal to him. Their families were powerful and it would be them he would use so that he kept his own newly gained power. Of these four men only one had power during Jon Arryn’s reign and that was the Knight of the Gates, Brynden Tully. The other three had gained power during his rule. Lyn Corbray was made Lord of Heart’s Home after he had sent his brother, Lyonel, north to the Wall. Nyckolas Saul was not a Lord, but after his brother had ‘slipped’ the ruling of Scorched Vale came to him.

The last of these and the most powerful in the group was Lord Paul Badics. He was from a family unlike his own which could stretch its lineage back to the Andal’s crossing. They did not gain power though until he came around. Paul was a strong player in the Game of Thrones. In just thirteen years he became ruler of a High Lordship, recognized as the greatest Knight in the Vale if not all the Seven Kingdoms, his grandson Ballabar would inherit the new kingdom of Dorne, and his daughter was Queen of the Seven Kingdoms until Orys Baratheon married. Anybody in his way he brought down, so he decided that he would use the man to his advantage.

“As I was saying I received a message from the Lady Anya. She requests our aid. It appears after we sent the Bronze Yohn and Lyonel Corbray to the Wall, Andar, Yohn’s eldest, has rose up in revolt. Thanks to your efforts he only has around five thousand men that has answered his call. This is still far more then the Lady Anya has since it was mostly her men that was slaughtered at the Battle of Old Anchor. I believe I will send Ser Creighton to deal with this rebellion.”

Just as he thought this caused a great uproar from everybody in the room except for Lord Badics. Each man spoke of Creighton’s cowardice and how it was they who saw the Battle of Old Anchor won. At last when Paul spoke up the others all let their arguments end. These men respected Paul and it was obvious that they would do as he wished. “I will accompany Ser Creighton to relieve Lady Anya. We should also return Lord Hardryn to Old Anchor. He may have not helped us in the last rebellion, but now he has no choice. While I am away if you don‘t mind I will leave my son here until I return.”

“I am okay with that.” Glancing back out the window Petyr added, “While you are away I will make sure that your son in treated well.” So Gwayne became his new ward and would spend nearly everyday with Lady Barbara. Smart move Lord Paul, smart move.

Last edited: