• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Last edited:
OOC: I believe he is referring to the actual First World War

((He is, I'm just infrincing (sp) King5000's "dun dun DUN" comment as "WWII is coming" to which I said, I think that was WWII.))

The last sentence was meant to serve as a memorial to those who Died in the First World War. Nothing to do with the game.

UnitedFrenchCommunes.jpg

The United French Communes

We have lost. There is no point in denying the evident truth, no point in covering up the smoking ruins where Paris once stood. Once, the United Communes stood with victory in our grasp, with the tantalizing prospect of a free Europe before our very eyes. Though the German Army was arrayed between us and that goal, vastly outnumbering us, we had an international coalition to give us the strength we needed to overcome insurmountable odds, the force and the moral authority to stop German hegemony.

The men of Russia fought valiantly in the service of freedom, having once known cruel defeat and its attendant woes. The men of Italy, though yoked to an insane tyrant, fought to liberate the Italian territories held within Germany's empire. The men of Greece fought to overcome German hegemony in the Balkans, to make prosperity a reality for all of their people. Even the men of the Commonwealth fought to defend Russia from the German onslaught, to save the people of Russia from a second loss. But the men of Great Britain and Belgium... they did not fight at all.

Ultimately, however, we cannot lay the blame for this great and terrible conflict's result at their feet, for the people of the British Isles and of the Low Countries are steadfast and devoted. But it was through the inaction of their governments, through the sheer ineptitude of their crowned heads, that the Royal Navy was denied the ability to oppose the High Seas Fleet, that the entire mobilized force of the Commonwealth never set foot in Europe, and that the German Army marched unopposed into northern France. Were the men of Britain and Belgium not shackled to the unendurable weight of their corrupt governments, they could very well have turned the tide of this conflict and freed Europe from the iron curtain that now settles over the Continent. But their leadership was weak and indecisive, their governments easily swayed by Germany's promises, and so the war was lost.

Now, unable to resist the tide of German domination that engulfs Europe, France must bear its heavy weight even as it has before. We must recover, we must rebuild, and we must bury our dead. We must return to peace, though it is a bitter one that chafes at our very souls, and attempt to create for ourselves the freedom we could not bring to the rest of Europe. We must put down our rifles and our bayonets, so that there will be a France to return to once the battlefields have been left behind. But even as we restore our nation and heal the grievous wounds dealt to our people, one fact remains.

We will not forget.

~ Alexandre Millerand, Chairman of the Revolutionary Council of the Communes of France

Ministry of Foreign Affairs for the United Kingdom of the Netherlands and the Dutch East Indies

Her Majesty's Government, having been notified of the occupation of Paris by the German Army and the announcement of an armistice between the United French Communes and the German Empire, states its intention to solicit a treaty of peace from the German Government with no conditions on either party.

For the past five years, Her Majesty's Government has counselled against this insane conflict. When war was imminent, Her Majesty went desperately from capital to capital, brandishing a plan for peace; we were ignored. Then, after the first year of war, when the casualties were already mounting, Her Majesty again travelled between Berlin and Paris, attempting to foster agreement and reconciliation; we were ignored. For every following year, we repeated this pattern, even as we became disillusioned by the blind obstinacy of our ostensible allies and the rising torrent of blood that engulfed Europe. In the end, we even committed ourselves to the battlefield in the simple hope of restoring peace. We failed. And now, twenty million graves stand as testament to the wisdom of our peaceful counsel, and the repugnance of war.

Let this be the watchword of our century: never again. Never again can such a catastrophic failure of diplomacy and reason be allowed to occur. Never again can the supposedly civilised nations of Europe settle their disputes through war and conquest. Never again can the rivers of Europe froth over with the blood of combatants. Never again can this great continent allow itself to be crippled by internecine conflict.

It is the belief of Her Majesty's Government that there be created an international forum, composed of every nation on this Earth, dedicated to upholding peace by enabling the diplomatic settlement of disputes. This forum, which shall provisionally be referred to as the International Peace Organisation, would be a democratic organ, providing a neutral basis for the resolution of conflict. War would become a relic of a despicable past; any nation that sought to wage war would be subject to such sanctions by all participating nations as to cripple their economy and compel them to cease their activities. Only through such a forum could the events of the past be firmly, and permanently, expunged from posterity.

Her Majesty, Wilhelmina, Queen of the Netherlands and the Dutch East Indies

russianimperialrepublic.png

THE RUSSIAN EMPIRE

A telegram from Tsar Cyril I of Russia to Chairman Millerand of the United Communes.

Chairman,

Today is a darkest day for Europe. I feel deep regret that France too must face defeat. I wish to express my deepest sympathies for the people of France, as they too have sacrificed everything for this war, and must bear the burden of German oppression. I do have hope, however, that our two nations can put aside our ideological differences and strive to trade and support each other through these heinous terms the Germans have thrust upon us. It is only together that we can look forward for a better Europe. A free Europe.

Tsar Cyril I, Autocrat of the Russian Empire

be_r1896.gif

The Kingdom of Belgium is pleased to see this mindless war, which has wrecked and destroyed whole countries, come to an end. We Belgians were able to avoid direct casualties in the war, however we are deeply saddened by the destruction of Paris, the city once considered the cradle of Western civilization. We sincerely hope that the nations of Europe can rebuild in peace and return to the previous prosperity.

We think that the only way to create lasting peace is to hold a peace conference, where all nations of Europe, belligerent or not are invited. This war had no winners and a new war in Europe would only weaken it more. We look forward to a new age in Europe, an age of European unity without political radicalism like Communism or Totalism.

Europe will rise from the ruins!

- King Albert I, the King of the Belgians

35bz8jq.jpg

Magyars!

The war in our country is finally over. The civil war is now a thing of the past and it's time for the army to step down, because the legitimacy lies with the people and no with guns. But, to avoid further bloodshed and chaos, it will be a slow process. Because the bureaucracy isn't ready, the parties aren't ready and the people isn't ready either. We will begin on a small level and it will be a movement coming from bottom to top, until I give up on the Presidency. Next year communal elections will be organized all over the country. Elect people you trust will do the best for Hungary, choose wisely, don't be fooled by unrealistic promises but vote for the one you want to see in charge. Each Hungarian has this important decision to make, make it yourself. I trust you.
After this election, we will organize a national dialogue and a Constitution will be drafted, according to the will of the people. The modalities are still unsure and suggestions are welcome. Let's take each step carefully, and democracy will finally blossom in our beloved country.

Hungary is the motherland of Hungarians, no matter where they live. And no matter what they believe in. I believe that Jews are Jewish Hungarians, and that any sort of persecution against them should stop, because it's the same as persecuting Protestant or Catholic Hungarians. But, once again, it's a slow process, we can't destroy centuries of bad habits in one stroke. The Jews will be allowed to vote during the newt election and discrimination on education will stop. This means that the numerus clausus is abolished. Our universities will teach the intellectual elite of our nation, no matter where they come from or what they believe in. Hungary is resolutely looking forward.

Glory to Hungary, glory to you, Hungarians!

General-President Mihály Károlyi

Charter of the League of South American Nations/ General Agreement on Trade and Tariffs

[X] Óscar R. Benavides, President of Peru

GM Note: The following three nations have not sent in orders and are now considered late. Poland, Sweden, and the Netherlands. You may still submit your orders, but you will lose -1 from all your rolls for every 24hrs past the deadline it is late.

OOC: Sent my orders in to Hashoosh two days ago by mistake. Sent them to you now, Fry.

GM Note: Okay. I will not deduct anything from your rolls.

Flag_of_South_Africa_1928-1994.svg

The Dominion of South Africa

The price we paid for this war was too great, too severe...so many have fallen, and for what? A ruined, destroyed Europe. There are no victors here - there is no peace. There is naught but an armistice for twenty years. The peoples of the various European nations will not soon forget the atrocities committed on both sides of the conflict. Europe will know conflict once more, rest assured.

I believe that it is best time that we rethink our relationship with the United Kingdom. Had Her Majesty's Government not been so lazy and unwilling to deploy troops to Europe, the entire course of the war would likely be completely different. Though I am a patriotic member of the Empire and I love the Homeland, this kind of failure to act cannot be tolerated. Do not mistake me, however, people of South Africa; under no circumstances will I support total separation with the United Kingdom, for the British Empire is at once our hammer and shield. It is not in the best interests of South Africa, nor any other Dominion, to forsake the Empire for little more than the selfish desire to proclaim themselves the sole rulers of their respective Dominions.

Thank you, people of South Africa. May God continue to watch over us.

~Prime Minister Jan Smuts

January - December 1920

Europe

The Treaty of Berlin is signed between the German Empire and the British Empire, and peace between the two nations comes into effect. This shocking treaty reverberated through the entire British Isles, and it would change the face of the nation for a generation.

General Elections take place in Great Britain, noticeably without the Irish Representatives. However, it was marked by a new Party, the British National Party, headed by former Conservative Robert Cecil. As he toured the country, he promised the people of Britannia two things. Ireland returned to the fold, and a partnership with the German Empire. While the second was a tough sell - by far, his oratory skill and ability to influence the British voters soon sparked across the Isles. When the voting day came, the British National Party, smashed all precedents, and Robert Cecil and his Party sailed into a majority, not even needing a coalition. King George V invited him to form a Government, and Prime Minister Cecil forged a brand-new path for the British Empire. In his first speech to the Parliament, he delivered his now-famous “Our German Friends” Speech:

”I address the House of Commons as the Prime Minister of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland, and yes I will remain firm on the issue of Ireland! The British People have given myself and my party a sweeping mandate to reform and reassess the course of Britain as she now stands. For too long, we have spurned the politics of Europe, but it is no doubt--The Communes of France, as well as Communism across the globe, is a plague we must crush. To do so, we must look towards the Conquerors of Europe. The German Empire, long showing it has been the very force of Europe, the driving Armies, have recently been victorious, over, yes, the British Empire, as well as the ages-old Russian Empire, which as we see now has been reduced to a shell of its former self. Why must we spurn this nation? We shall embrace this Nation! As Prime Minister, Anglo-German Relations shall leap forward! We shall ally ourselves with the Masters of Europe, against the Red Hydra, and the rising tide of Anarchy and Evil that is across this Earth. Only the German Empire, guided by the benevolent hand of Kaiser Wilhelm II, of whom I have invited, myself, to London to sign a Treaty of Friendship that I shall soon bring to the Parliament for a vote. The Kaiser is the last bulwark against Tyranny and Dictatorships on this continent, and he is, along with the British Empire, the last, true hope for Democracy in Europe! With our sweeping mandate, Britain and Germany can, and will, work together! Rule Britannia!”

News of this speech spread across both the Empire and the World, shocking many. The shock was felt, even more so, in the Parliaments of the Dominions. In South Africa, Prime Minister Jan Smuts, motioned a movement to cut any and all ties that South Africa has with the British Empire, renouncing its place in the Commonwealth, and electing to be a Free and Independent nation, away from what Smuts called, ”The most dangerous coup of the British Government, conducted with ease by the Germans.” The measure passed the Unity Party Parliament, and with little changes other than the Governor-General was thrown out, Prime Minister Smuts took the reigns of the newly-independent Republic of South Africa, awaiting a response from London. The Dominions of Australia and Canada also began to move similar bills through their Parliament, and many seemed close to passing. It was certain, that the British Commonwealth was pulling itself apart by the strings.

PRcecilrobert2.JPG

Robert Cecil, Prime Minister of the United Kingdom.

The United Kingdom, focused on winning the War in Ireland, sets aside funds to establish and expand industry and equipment for the British Army, but the funds themselves, were channeled off by spies inside the United Kingdom, and they went straight to Ireland.
[-24,466,241 £ from the United Kingdom.]

The United Kingdom, looking to expand their influence with the French Navy, attempts to capitalise on the French loss in the War, but the apathetic French Navy still didn’t care about either side one way or the other. The British are, however, able to persuade France’s submarine fleet to join the British Navy.
[-15 Submarines from France. +15 Submarines to the United Kingdom.]

Patriotic Calls to crush the Communist Rebels in Ireland continues, as the British try to drum this up in a huge recruitment drive. More soldiers sign up for the Army, and are put through the training process as quickly as possible.
[+295,250 Regulars to the United Kingdom in 1 turn.]

The Royal Navy, working now to establish a blockade of Ireland, is able to reinforce and turn Waterford into fully British controlled territory once again. From here, the Royal Army was able to create a launching ground into the rest of Ireland. The British held mass-widespread and high profile public hangings of Communists and suspected Communists. The sheer brutality of this was reflected at home, as the population screamed out against this.
[-1 Public Opinion from the United Kingdom.]

The actions of the Army, however, were just as effective in warfare as they were in hanging Communists. The Royal Army was able to spread out across the Emerald Isle, securing some strongholds from surprisingly lax IRA opposition. In Dublin, however, is where the IRA was concentrating on a defense, hoping to bleed the British, and force the new Government to retreat, lest it lose its favour with the population.

The defenses, however, were not all that impressive. The IRA depended on hit-and-run tactics, and wasn’t well versed in the ability to defend against large armies, such of that of the Royal Army. After the first wave of British Soldiers, they were able to destroy the outer defenses, and they moved into the City itself. Fighting was fierce, street to street, and both sides using anything they could as cover. The IRA was able to excel in their Hit and Run tactics, but they were losing too many soldiers to continue, and were forced to retreat to the countryside.
[-84,519 Regulars from the United Kingdom.]

english-photographer-british-soldiers-behind-barrels-in-dublin-sepia-photo-_i-G-65-6511-R9O6100Z.jpg

British Soldiers during the Battle of Dublin.

At the end of the year, many of the coastal cities of Ireland fell under control of the British Royal Army, while the IRA retreated into the countryside, hoping to find their support there, and carry out a long, grueling war, against the British to the extent that they are forced to retreat.

Across France, the Heroism Speech is distributed to all of the workers, no matter the language you spoke, you could get a copy. All of France stood behind their Chairman. They were confident of the course of their nation, and supported her goals - but a voice was heard. It was the worker’s voice. They supported the recent armistice with the German Empire, and hoped to make sure that they would be able to get a fair peace.
[+1 Public Opinion to France.]

In the Ruhr, the French, being close by, sent funds and supply to the communists, hoping to incite them further. However, the Spartacus League was being beaten back by the German Army, and retreated to the French lines, unable to help any more. They joined the French Regular Army, determined to stand by their Communist brethren, and not bow to German Steel.
[+20,620 Regulars to France.]

The Army of Liberation was able to capture German submachine guns, and while not knowing the specifications, were quick to deconstruct it, and they were plagued with the same thing the Germans were, they seemed to misfire and could explode. With the armistice signed, however, they were never put into use.

Attempts to covertly send money, arms, training, and volunteers to the Catalans turns out to be a complete and utter failure as some of the volunteers are taken from the Paris defenses, and attempt to cross into Catalonia, but instead cross into Spain. The Spanish Army takes all of these soldiers, and their equipment and funds, and takes them prisoner.
[-142,529 Conscripts from France. -64,373,153 Gold from France. +64,373,153 Gold to Spain. -2% Equipment from France. +2% Equipment to Spain.]

Attempts to build the new “Armoured Beasts” as they were called do not fall through, as the factories producing parts for these fall under control of the Germans, and the entire ordeal is swept under the carpet, and materials are gathered from other parts of France, and production continues as normal, even with the armistice in place.

The German Navy, quickly expanding its prowess on the open waters, quickly sets up a blockade of the Netherlands and the French, establishing control over both the North Sea and the Atlantic Coasts of France and the Netherlands.
[Partial Blockade of France. Total Blockade of the Netherlands.]

In Antwerp, Belgium the harbour and the dry-docks are expanded along the River Scheldt, to handle bigger and more cargo loads, and military loads, than it previously could.
[+1 Infrastructure to Belgium in 2 turns. -55,073,310 fr from Belgium.]

In Antwerp, new factories pop up along the River Scheldt, specialising in petrochemical products, and the materials needed for this would be shipped up the River from Dutch ports.
[+20 Industry to Belgium in 2 turns. -71,439,706 fr from Belgium.]

Attempts to stop trading with the United Kingdom of the Netherlands falls apart as fighting in Brussels over stopping trade stalls the Federal Parliament, and completely shuts down the bill, and trade still flows between the two countries.

A government-backed campaign to bring more soldiers into the Belgian Armed Forces seems to be aimed at the smallest segment of the population possible. It was all done in German, and it made the Government seem like a German puppet. In the end, no new soldiers signed up, and moral of the country took a turn downwards.
[-2 Public Opinion from Belgium.]

The Dutch Army, looking to modernise and bring their military into the future, establish portable radios for the Army and Navy to help them better communicate and coordinate. It is because of this that the Army was very quickly able to work better together, and their effectiveness increased drastically.
[-905,222,627 ƒ from the Netherlands. +4 Army Levels to the Netherlands.]

The Dutch Submarine Programme continues to be expanded, where the Government looks to double the amount of ships in their fleet, in an effort to make sure that they wouldn’t be bested in the Sea. These new submarines are expected to be done in a few years.
[-11,133,234 ƒ from the Netherlands. +10 Submarines to the Netherlands in 2 years.]

Rota%281918%29-235-2002.jpg

A Submarine of the Dutch Navy on Sea Trials.

With the war descending upon the Netherlands, plans to expand the defensive “Ijssel Line” are shelved because all of the available men were sent to the front, to fight to defend the Netherlands.
[+71,971 Conscripts to the Netherlands.]

The Dutch Air Force, which was small enough as it is, was ordered to be expanded. With the blockade of the Netherlands under full swing, they had to scrap together parts to build a few fighter wings, and it would take a while longer until they could be used.
[-9,896,208 ƒ from the Netherlands. +2 Fighter Wings to the Netherlands in 3 turns.]

Along the Dutch-German border, nothing of interest happens as the German Military, only a few thousand strong, sit on the border, as per commands of the German High Command, which canceled invasion plans at the last second for unknown reasons.

The German Imperial Navy and the Dutch Royal Navy have minor scuffles off the coast of the Netherlands, with some Dutch submarines being able to sink a German cruiser, but the rest of the German Navy descended upon the submarines, stopping them from escaping into the North Sea.
[-1 Cruiser from Germany. -2 Submarines from the Netherlands.]

Fighting between the German and Dutch Air Force turn out to be disastrous to the Dutch, the pioneers of air travel, as the Deutsche Luftstreitkräfte dominates the skies over the Netherlands, quickly shooting down all the Dutch Air Force, and preventing them from doing any damage to the German Empire.
[-1 Fighter Wing to the Netherlands.]

Elections take place across Spain for the Parliament, most of which go off without any trouble - and the votes from Catalonia being noticeably absent. An outpouring of support for the Party of King and Country, the main right-wing Party, grants them a vast swath of the seats, a total of Sixty-Three percent, with the Fascists taking no seats at all, being completely kicked out of Parliament, and the minor left-wing parties taking the rest of the seats. Only a few of the seats went to the Communist Party of Spain, and they refused to take their seats, and instead fled to Catalonia to fight the Revolution.

Soldiers are once again mustered into the Spanish Army, in an attempt to ensure that Spain would be victorious in the Spanish Civil War. Thousands of Spanish soldiers march into Madrid, eager to sign up for the Army.
[+357,112 Conscripts to Spain.]

The British Royal Navy steams into Spanish Ports, offloading supplies for the Spanish Kingdom to help buttress the Army with more equipment, and to make sure they could fight, and win, against the Communist rebels inside their country.
[-12,848,891 £ from the United Kingdom. +11% Equipment to Spain.]

The Spanish Foreign Legion is formed, looking for volunteers from across the world that wish to serve in the Spanish Army, and to beat back the Communists. Of the many that signed up, no nation provided more volunteers than Greece, which sent over thirty percent of the multinational force. South Africa soldiers, moved from Crimea, also join this force to assist the Spanish.
[+104,254 Regulars to Spain. -306,263,906 ₧ from Spain.]

The Spanish Kingdom searched out and attempted to try and find royalists and republicans in the former Kingdom of Portugal, and was able to locate the underground movement, and sent funding to them, their base was located in Northern Portugal, a connection was established, and the new fighting Regiment, dubbed the “Iberian Unification Army”, moved out, attempting to bring the fight to Portugal, and now have it expand into Spain.
[-139,210,866 ₧ from Spain.]

Attempts to send spies into Catalonia to free the captured army fail as the spies themselves, passing through Barcelona, are captured by the Catalonians, and hanged for spying and treason, and threaten to kill the Spanish Army they have should Spain not submit to their demands.
[-78,819,198 ₧ from Spain.]

Attempts to send the Navy out to blockade Portugal end in utter failure as half the crew were Communists, and the other half were Royalists. Fighting on the ships themselves takes place, and the Spanish Navy, for all its pomp and splendour, sits, worthless, in the harbour. One of the crews, in protest, scuttle their ship, blocking a large part of the Spanish Navy in port.
[-1 Crusier from Spain.]

However, the British Royal Navy, which was in the area, enacted a full blockade of Portugal, which would soon surely harm them dearly.

In Catalonia, the Eastern Legion and the Army of the Ebro move towards the Coast, with the intent of creating a pocket, and helping to separate the Catalans from the French border to the North. The initial stages of this plan work out well, with the Eastern Legion making it to the coast with success. The Army of the Ebro, however, is faced with daunting challenges against the Communist Army, who are able to push them back at the River Ebro, and throw the Spanish army off. Connections with France were once again made, but now Barcelona was under direct threat of the Spanish guns.
[-39,262 Conscripts from Spain.]

In Portugal, the Portuguese Liberation Army surged into Galicia, quickly subduing some of the border garrisons, and spreading their message of Communism and Liberation to the people. However, in the South, the Spanish Army began a march towards Lisbon, but were meet with a huge resistance by the population, who seemed to be thirsty to just kill the Spanish. They were motivated by Communism, and would fight to the death for their tiny Soviet Republic.
[-59,159 Conscripts from Spain.]

The United States Navy appears off the coast of the Azores, and, when giving a salute with their guns, accidentally have their sights adjusted wrong, and level one of the islands. The semi-functioning Government orders the United States to get the hell away from their islands, and to never return, as they killed countless Civilians with their display.

Attempts to call for stability across the new Italian Republic seems to fall apart as several of the propaganda and speeches were made in Neapolitan, something that the rest of the Italian-speaking country could not understand.

The Italian Republic issues a statement to Northern Italy, in an attempt to make sure that they know all they wish is for reunification with Southern Italy, and not revenge. The North Italian state rebukes this, and not a single person in Northern Italy gets to read it.

The Republican Government, knowing that the Dictatorship that gripped Italy both neglected and ruined Southern Italy, set out trying to improve both the agricultural and transportation problems. The first goal was to get more roads out the farm lands, and to help expand these lands. With this in place, Italy might be poised to roar back.
[-226,231,926 ₤ from Italy. +260 Base Income to Italy.]

Across Italy, the Government attempts to hand out and give guns to their armed forces, but the amount of money allocated to them is inadequate to give arms to all the soldiers.
[-195,265,831 ₤ from Italy. +3% Equipment to Italy.]

The Italian Republican Army, along with the Army of the German Empire, manage to smash through the Italian lines in the North. With pressure on both sides, opposition begins to melt away, many Italians just breaking and running. By the end of the year, with the news of the French capitulation, the Royalist Italians, along with the King’s body, who was killed during one of the retreats, surrendered unconditionally to the Italian Republic. The German Empire, however, kept hold of the land it had captured in the War, and was ready to enter into formal talks regarding the territory they held with the Italian Republic.
[-12,215 Regulars from Italy. -52,153 Conscripts from the German Empire.]

th

Italian soldiers after being captured by the German Army in Northern Italy.

The Swiss Army, not known for their offensive operations, tries to pass a bill for fortifications and strong points along their border, but Switzerland, known for it’s direct-democracy, have this whole ordeal overruled by the people, and the idea is scrapped.

The Schools of Economics and Business is finally finished, with the Main Hall’s last brick being put into place in August of 1920. Just as this was done, however, a strong wind gust blew up against the building, collapsing the scaffolding, and causing a crane, which was in the area, to topple, and it smashed into the Main Hall, destroying it. It would take yet another year to rebuild it for it to be useable.
[-103,523,982 S₣ from Switzerland.]

Radio Towers are built around the country, and on the borders, but an error with the Swiss planning actually built many of the towers in France, Italy, and Germany. This error was found by these Governments and they repossessed them, most of them destroying them to prevent Swiss broadcasts.
[-218,268,252 S₣ from Switzerland.]

At the Black Mesa Research Facility, the Swiss Government gathers John Logie Baird, Paul Gottlieb Nipkow, and Kálmán Tihanyi to work on a secret project. All of them agree, and set up homes in their new country. This new project they were working on was called “Project YB”, and not many knew what was happening.
[“Project YB” Progress 1/6. -195,280,125 S₣ from Switzerland.].

An agreement was signed between the Swiss Government and the Greek Government, in which the Greeks would give, help, and train the Swiss in terms of Air Force and Plane Technology. This programme was going to take a few years, and would cost a fairly large amount - but the Swiss would be better off in the end.
[+4 Air Levels to Switzerland in 2 turns. -510,252,903 Gold from Switzerland. +510,252,903 Gold to Greece.]

In a meeting between the Norwegian Prime Minister and the Swedish King, a treaty is drafted between the two powers, in which Norway would once again resume its previous agreement with Sweden, in which the two were unified under one flag. This surprising move is far different than Norway’s actions years ago, when it split from Sweden after a disastrous showing in a war against Finland and the Russian Empire.

New tax codes are simplified between these two united countries, helping to streamline the administration and allowing for more money overall to be collected and brought to the coffers of the national Treasury.
[+1,350 Base Income to Sweden.]

Swedish diplomats are found stabbed in the streets of Helsinki, Finland. Not much else is known about this incident, other than the perpetrators were indeed Finnish - but no one could exactly say why this had happened.

A new project to build an increased number of Coastal Gunboats goes underway in Sweden, to accommodate for their increased coastline. King Gustav hails this as progress forward, and is needed for the Safety of all the Scandinavian countries.
[+60 Coastal Gunboats to Sweden. -266,952,093 kr to Sweden.]

Victory Parades in the German Empire create an overflowing of support for the German Army, and thousands upon thousands of men sign up for the Army, and many of those farmers who were forced into the Army decided to sign up for the Army, and soon enter the training program.
[+483,520 Regulars to the German Empire in 1 turn.]

The Deutsche Luftstreitkräfte is expanded with more and more Airplanes, fighters are constantly being constructed in the Ruhr Industrial Area, ready to give Germany her place in the skies. As a result of this, as well as the usage in the War, Germans are able to figure out how to make a fixed-wing, rigid aircraft that is capable of dropping bombs. While it would take some Government investment into this, it could surely revolutionize air power.
[+5 Fighter Wings to the German Empire in 2 turns. +2 Air Levels and +1 Bomber Wing IF the German Empire invests into it. -28,632,886 ℳ from the German Empire.]

The German High Command, and Admiral Tirpitz, look to expand Germany's place in the world, and on the Sea. He orders the construction of several new Dreadnoughts, the first of the German Navy, and they will soon sail the seas.
[-5,726,577,396 ℳ from the German Empire. +20 Dreadnoughts to the German Empire in 3 turns.]

Even with the war winding down, the Germans still continue to drive Women into the factories. This seemingly breakdown of the social barriers and the economic norms of the past was viewed as a good thing. The Reichstag, now in session once again, passed laws against the discrimination of genders in hiring in the Industrial Workplace, allowing for these women to keep these jobs when the men came home from the War. Support for the new Reichstag flourished around the nation.
[+ 1 Public Opinion to the German Empire.]

In Riga, Germany, representatives of the German Empire and the Russian Empire meet to formally sign the Treaty of Riga, ending the War between the two powers. The Russian Empire was forced to give massive concessions to the German Empire, but the people at home were just happy to be at peace once again. The German Army, not to be outdone, began to take industry from Rostov-on-Don, even though it was not to be part of the new Ukraine, they took it back to the Baltic states, setting it up there and helping it Industrialise. The first payment of the Treaty took place, with a large amount of money passing to the German Empire.
[-501,208,195 Gold from the Russian Empire. +501,208,195 Gold to the German Empire. -15 Cruisers from the Russian Empire. -100 Destroyers from the Russian Empire. -40 Submarines from the Russian Empire. -80 Coastal Gunboats from the Russian Empire. +15 Cruisers to the German Empire. +100 Destroyers to the German Empire. +40 Submarines to the German Empire + 80 Coastal Gunboats to the German Empire. -100 Industry from the Russian Empire. +60 Industry to the German Empire. -6 Infrastructure from the Russian Empire. -68,116 Base Income from the Russian Empire.]

Bundesarchiv_Bild_183-R92623,_Brest-Litowsk,_Waffenstillstandsabkommen.jpg

The signing of the Treaty of Riga between the German Empire and the Russian Empire.

Concurrently to the signing of the Treaty of Riga, the Treaty of Trieste was signed between the German Empire and the Kingdom of Greece. A seemingly unfair treaty, in which the Greeks were forced to give much of their national industry to the German Empire, did not sit well with the German Public.
[-1 Public Opinion from the German Empire. -22 Industry from Greece. +22 Industry to the German Empire. -501,519,511 Gold from Greece. +501,519,511 Gold to the German Empire.]

The Czechoslovak Army, living under constant threat of a sudden and instant retaliation by the German Army, used this time of peace to train their soldiers, and to better get a grasp on military tactics, and to better be able to defend their country from invasion.
[-492,705,913 Kč from Czechoslovakia. +1 Army Level to Czechoslovakia in 3 turns.]

In Prague the Czechoslovak Military Intelligence Service (CMIS) is founded, and is quickly put to good use, rooting out some spies in the military and the Government, and was even successful at stopping a coup that was about to be sprung in 1921. This sudden revelation made people more supportive of their Queen.
[-98,259,159 Kč from Czechoslovakia. +1 Public Opinion to Czechoslovakia.]

The Queen is seen going into restaurants with members of the constitutional assembly and other members of the Grand Assembly, and there were wide accusations that something else other than dining was going on.
[-2 Public Opinion from Czechoslovakia.]

In Prague, the Government begins the construction of several long and expansive freeways, which would help to improve transportation, and economic activity in the nation. However, because of the destruction of the war, as well as government inability to manage all the land they had, it would take a long time for this to be beneficial to the nation.
[-404,426,188 Kč from Czechoslovakia.. +2 Infrastructure to Czechoslovakia in 4 turns.]

Across the National Republic of Hungary, coal mines in the mountains are expanded, and increased in an effort to try and help stimulate the Hungarian economy. It is successful, as some confidence is restored in the Hungarian economy.
[+1 Economic Stability to Hungary. -293,599,984 ₱ from Hungary.]

A massive education and recruitment drive takes place across Hungary, with thousands of soldiers being signed up for schooling, and then into the Military. These soldiers would surely be useful to the Hungarian cause, as they would be able to defend the nation to the best of their ability.
[+93,251 Regulars to Hungary in 2 turns. +0.98% Education Level to Hungary.]

In Budapest, the government allocates funds for the construction and establishment of some industries, and funds the expansion of a few factories. Budapest Tractor and Steel is founded, with the hopes of helping to spread mechanisation to the Hungarian countryside, and money is put into prosthetics, to help make the lives of veterans better. This kind move by the government reflects very well with the people.
[-413,741,698 ₱ from Hungary. +12 Industry to Hungary. +1 Public Opinion to Hungary.]

Elections take place in Hungary for smaller offices across the nation, and go off fairly well with only a few non-serious problems. In a surprising move, many of the restrictions on Jews applying to universities are lifted, and suddenly a huge uptick of students entering Hungarian Universities increases, and soon it would greatly help the Hungarians advance with education.
[+1 Public Opinion to Hungary. +9.38% Education Level to Hungary in 4 turns.

In Budapest, a representative of the Bulgarian Government and the Hungarian Government meet and sign a Treaty of Commerce and Trade between the two countries.
[+200 Trade Income to Hungary.]

The new Polish Constitution is written and finished, and a quick vote put the Right to Bear Arms into the Constitution, making it acceptable to the representatives as well as the population, and it soon becomes the Law of the Land for Poland, and celebrations take place in Warsaw.

The Polish Government looks towards making sure that industry and other vital links, such as railroads, are kept open and repaired after the terrible war was finally over. The cost is expensive, but the alternative was far worse than doing nothing.
[-613,867,420 zł from Poland.]

Attempts to control the value of the Zloty by printing less of it each year goes off moderately well, as the value of the currency increases slightly, but less money comes into the Government’s coffers because of this.
[Printing Rate set to 45% in Poland. Zloty worth slightly more.]

The Polish-Ukrainian front has no movement at all once again this year, as both sides created even more impressive and elaborate defenses. Many of the soldiers didn’t even carry their gun around anymore. Many of them thought the war was stupid, and not worth fighting, and that a border should be drawn between the two countries, and peace declared. This mutiny of the soldiers caused some worry in the two countries high commands.

Attempts to call more people into the Army don’t go so well in Western Ukraine, as many of them just wanted peace in the end.

Western Ukraine attempts to establish military relations with the Republic of Ukraine, but are rebuked in their efforts to do so, as the independent, and much larger, Ukraine had no reason to follow the military command or to even work with the Western Ukraine's military.

In the Republic of Ukraine, a new political party, “Western Ukraine Unification Movement”, is formed and quickly takes a good chunk of the seats in the Duma elections. Why they are kept out of Government, they are a strong and forceful voice for unification with Western Ukraine, and to be put under their leadership, as they have experience as a country, and not starting one up from scratch.

The Russian Empire, still reeling from their losses in the Great War, decide to rebound back, and begin by taking old factories and other things and giving them to private owners. While they run the factories much better, the real change came when tax breaks for expansion of industry occurred, and there was subsidies for cars. Soon, the Russians were able to have a small economic boost because of this.
[+1 Economic Stability to Russia. +17 Industry to Russia in 2 turns. -256,794,922 руб from the Russian Empire.]

Attempts to expand mechanisation to the farms of Russia fall flat as the Duma is discouraged at the large amount of money it would cost for seemingly small amounts of gain to the Russian people.

Mandatory Public Education, primary and secondary public schools, are set up in the Russian Empire. Due to its sheer size, it would cost a lot of money to build these, but the benefit would outweigh all the costs.
[-2,813,132,172 руб from the Russian Empire. +29.48% Education Level to the Russian Empire in 6 turns.]

Massive grants to science groups in Russia attempt to address several issues of the day and age, all stemming from science-based progress. While some of the areas Russia wished to improve in, they no longer had the skilled people needed, as many went to the Black Mesa Research Facility. However, some of these grants got in the hands of a good few people, and the Russian Researchers began to move science forward.
[-655,860,806 руб from the Russian Empire. +1,000 Base Income to the Russian Empire in 3 turns.]

Although many of the railways were destroyed during the Great War and were rendered not usable, the Russian Empire set out to bring funds to bear on the railroads, and more importantly, the roads and communication systems in the Empire. While it would cost a lot, it would help to blunt the entire blow made by the loss of the Ukraine and the rest of the devastated war areas.
[-783,632,556 руб from the Russian Empire. +2 Infrastructure in 2 turns to the Russian Empire.]

The Legal-Economic system of the Russian Empire is changed from the old, anarchic system to that of a Corporatist Industrial Capitalism, renewing patents, and the banking system got an overhaul. Private Regulations, based against those who own companies are changed as well. The Tsar, who was overseeing this transition, hoped it would be good for the future, and benefits down the road would help him.
[+3 Economic Stability to the Russian Empire. Economic Orders cost less in the future.]

The Balkans/Near East

In Yugoslavia, the integration of Bosnia and Croatia into the Yugoslav state is finally complete, with administrations efforts finalised and one, central, government running the Government’s actions. While some were not that happy about it, it was a boon to the Government’s coffers.
[+1,200 Base Income to Yugoslavia.]

Attempts to hold elections for the Yugoslav Parliament falls apart in a disaster, as half of the ballots were done wrong, and the other half were just blank. So many people got frustrated by this, many didn’t even bother voting. The votes that did get through were overwhelmingly for independence movements, and the King refused to sit them. Confidence in the Yugoslav state falter, as it now needs a miracle to prove to the world it can govern itself.
[-2 Public Opinion from Yugoslavia. -1 Economic Stability from Yugoslavia.]

The Yugoslav Government, moving forward from this disaster, prospects to capitalise on the cheap equipment, and quickly buys up oil technology, equipment, and piping and other things needed to make sure that they could extract oil from the Albanian oil fields. The equipment shows up in Yugoslav ports, ready to be installed and put to use.
[Equipment gathered for oil drilling. -314,564,055 дин from Yugoslavia.]

Across Yugoslavia, poor roads and faulty railroad lines strike the nation like a plague, hindering economic growth and upward mobility of the people. The King orders vast amounts of railroads and new roads to be built, connecting the nation in ways not seen before, and to try and ensure that people were able to travel and conduct in commerce as they wished.
[-307,042,110 дин from Yugoslavia. +4 Infrastructure levels in 2 turns.]

The new Romanian Constitution is passed through several committees in the national legislature, but it lacked sufficient movement that year to pass fully and replace the old one. The King would have to sell it to the public before enough of them clamoured for its passage. If it was passed, however, it would create a stronger, more liberal Romania.

The Romanian War Veterans Fund is set up in Bucharest, with the expressed goal of providing housing, food, medical care, and other necessities to those who were wounded and unable to help themselves anymore as a result of the Great War. The nations of the world applaud this movement, and so do the people of Romania.
[+2 Public Opinion to Romania. +35 Prestige to Romania. -54,553,802 L from Romania.]

Across Romania, a huge effort away from central, state control is undertaken. Hospitals, railroads, factories, and mostly anything else was auctioned off to the private market, and while it was only one fourth of the state’s total assets, it helped to fuel an economic boom in Romania, helping to stop the economic collapse Romania was currently undergoing.
[20% Mobilisation penalty removed from Romania.]

129495204_6ce59317da_z.jpg

A view of a destroyed town that fueled the economic collapse in Romania.

Attempts to spurn private aircraft growth in Romania does not succeed, as there are no airplane companies or airplane factories in the entire country.

The Romanian Army asked soldiers that were forced into the Army to join the Regular Army, but all of them reject, and instead opt to go home, now that the war is over.
[All Conscripts removed from Romania.]

Because of this lack of new soldiers, plans for a veteran/recruit unit are not carried out, as there are simply no recruits to help train.

Large-scale military exercises are held in Romania, mostly to reflect upon their victories, and defeats, against the Russian Empire, and this helps them tactically, and gives them a better idea of how to deal with threats in the future.
[-330,546,567 L from Romania. +1 Army Level to Romania.]

The Bosphorus Strait is finally cleared, allowing full passage to any and all ships that the Turkish Government agrees to let through. Now with all of this cleared, the Turkish State sees a large uptick of trade crossing into Istanbul once again, helping the economy.
[+450 Trade Income to Turkey. -69,524,055 T£ from Turkey.]

The Turkish Air Force, looking to become a formidable force in Asia Minor, asks the government, which then approves it, the construction of fighter wings, so that they could be able to exert control and the power needed to become a regional power.
[- 9,269,874 T£ from Turkey. +2 Fighter Wings in 3 turns.]

The defenses of the Bosphorus strait are increased dramatically, with coastal batteries erected, and barriers in the strait itself, to close it off automatically if the Government wanted it to be, preventing ships access to the strait, and the Black Sea. The Turkish Government said this was for their defense, as it took this long to clear the strait, and it did not want this to happen again.
[-254,921,535 T£ from Turkey.]

The Turkish Government, determined not to be stuck as a backwater in terms of industrial output, and shifts money and resources to the expansion of industry. Contractors from around the world are invited, and some companies set up shop, most notably is Krupp Industries, which opens up ammunition factories in Istanbul.
[-550,026,340 T£ from Turkey. +24 Industry to Turkey in 1 turn.]

The Turkish Army, establishing control over the Armenian mountains and the Turkish-Russian border, created a series of temporary defenses, just in case there was a Russian attack into Turkey. To go along with this, Thrace was fortified by the Turkish army, with defenses and trenches being dug, ready for any type of assault to come their way.

However, to the South of Turkey, War with Iraq continues, as the Iraqi forces are suddenly beaten back by the combined Syrian, now Turkish, and Turkish Armies. The Turkish forces cross into Northern Iraq, promising liberation, and a place inside the Turkish Free State, where they would have representation, and not be under the control of a madman in Baghdad.
[-26,918 Regulars from Turkey.]

large.jpg

A Turkish soldier scouting in the Kingdom of Iraq.

Elections in Greece go off fairly well, with the exception of the result. The King, long a believer in progress, put his full weight behind the Technocratic Union of Greece for the election, but when the results came in, the deeply reactionary, progress-hating “Greece, Just Greece” Party was elected to power, and would shape Greece’s domestic policy for the next few years.

The Polytechnic University of Thessaloniki is founded, and construction begins on the campus of the University, and is not expected to be done for quite some time because of the land of the area, as well as the materials needed to build the building.
[-317,009,065 ₯ from Greece. ⅕ Progress on University.]

The border between Turkey and Palestine is suddenly massively beefed up, with the Palestinian Government paying for this expansion of defenses, and are ready to defend their country from the Turks should they get any idea of invading Palestine to reclaim them as their own territory.
[-225,840,809 ل.ل from Palestine.]

Efforts to conduct a census in Palestine don’t go well, as many of the men they tried to count were counted twice, sometimes even three times, while others were not counted at all. It was because of this that the entire thing was just scrapped, and burned up, never to be thought about again, as it was such a quagmire.
[-3,817,718 ل.ل from Palestine.]

Across Palestine, roads and some railroads are built and started, linking many of the important cities, as well as the important ports, of the nation together. It is because of this that it is projected the Palestinian economy would roar forwards in the future.
[-620,421,720 ل.ل from Palestine. +8 Infrastructure to Palestine in 3 turns.]

North America

Canadian shipping industry experiences a boom in 1920, as targeted subsidies and tax reductions go into effect following their passage in the budget earlier that year. Significant expansions of both shipbuilding facilities and harborage are expected to be completed relatively soon and, remarkably enough, remain entirely on-budget.
[-160,733,730 C$ to Canada. +31 Industry to Canada in 2 turns.]

Further expansion of the Canadian railway system is planned by the government, this time in the western provinces, which hitherto had received little in the way of infrastructure. While the track will take additional time to lay in the sparsely-populated areas, it should aid in the rapid flow of goods across the country.
[-675,785,377 C$ to Canada. +6 Infrastructure in 3 turns.]

The Canadian Royal Air Force is the recipient of increased funding and recruitment efforts, with several thousand new airmen joining the Dominion’s air force. Canadian factories also produce three new wings of fighter aircraft armed with machine guns, giving the Canadian air force some teeth.
[-31,735,783 C$ to Canada. +1 Air Level to Canada in 2 turns. +2 Fighter Wings to Canada in 1 turn.]

When the Navy Department submits its proposed construction budget for 1920, Congress goes through the roof; while certain elected officials from states or districts with major shipyards are thrilled, most liberals are appalled at the intended massive expansion of the United States Navy. Several months later, the construction budget has been pared down to something considered more reasonable by the majority of Congress, including research and development on a purpose-built ship to carry and deploy fighter craft.
[-498,743,032 $ from the United States. +7 Battleships to the United States in 3 turns. +24 Cruisers to the United States in 2 turns. +45 Destroyers to the United States in 2 turns. +20 Submarines to the United States in 2 turns. +25 Transport Flotillas to the United States in 2 turns. +1 Escort Carrier to the United States in 3 turns.]

main_navy.jpg

One of the new American ships that will soon sail the waves.

Across the United States’ major urban centers, anti-war posters go up on buildings, fences, and lightposts. Each of them features the caption “A Man, A Plan, A Canal: Panama” along with a picture of President James Cox superimposed over grisly scenes of carnage in Panama. Given that the majority of these go up around recruitment offices, most of the funds earmarked for expanding the United States Army go to waste, though some recruitment officers now have very comfortable chairs. Plans to massively expand the country’s armored car divisions are likewise held up by production delays and insufficient factory space.
[-$427,075,832 to the United States. +35,175 Regulars to the United States. +103 Mobile Units to the United States in 1 turn.]

Plans to advance military aviation in the United States go badly awry when the prototype American fighter-craft are discovered to have serious problems with structural integrity, mostly when they violently shred themselves to pieces shortly after takeoff. The resulting images are so grisly that Congress institutes a two-year moratorium on funding for the USAAF’s R&D department.]
[-$650,174,752 to the United States. -1 Public Opinion to the United States. Air research banned in the United States until 1922.]

By the summer of 1920, the majority of the American movie industry has emigrated from New York and Chicago to sunny Los Angeles, with its more agreeable climate and plenty of room to expand. This area was known as “Hollywood” and it soon became the centre of the American movie industry. It churched out many films, which entertained the population immensely who were in love by these moving pictures.
[+20 Prestige to the United States. -23,259,926 $ from the United States. +5,000 Base Income to the United States.]

The “Great Plains Project” passes through the United States Congress, which will help the area very well, by paving roads across the plains, allowing for easier travel, as well as windbreaks, across boundaries of about 1 square mile. This was done, only on public land, to help with the sightlines as well as erosion worries. Some wells are also drilled by the Army Corps of Engineers, to be used for drought relief should it come around, and pumping systems, to take from the Mississippi and Missouri Rivers. While this massive project would take a very long time to complete, the benefits should be very well known and felt around the country.
[-1,104,525,914 $ from the United States. +15,500 Base Income to the United States in 10 turns.]

Even with this massive spending, the American people, and American investors, did not truly believe that the American economy was all that well off at the moment.

The Congressional Committee in regards to Panama, noticed that the strength of the rebel movement mostly was in Western Panama. The Committee didn’t think that the United States should be working constantly to keep these people inside the country that didn’t want to be in the country, and thus they drafted their final proposal. The country of Western Panama was to be released by the United States, but the border would be far away from the Panama Canal Zone, and it would be protected similar to that of the Colombian border. It was up to President-elect Roosevelt to act upon this initiative.

As the war against the Rebels continues in Panama, the soldiers there are reinforced by the new soldiers from the United States, but by the time they get there, the Rebels, who had been pushing the United States, got within sight of the Panama Canal Zone, to which the United States Army pushes back immensely, using the surge of soldiers to get the rebels away from the Canal Zone, but fighting in the jungle bogs the American soldiers down, forcing them to stop their push.
[-11,512 Regulars from the United States.]

The American Military began to assess their tactics in the Panamanian fighting, as well as looking across the ocean at the Great War, and start to develop a new strategy, that should be able to be used in a few years.
[+1 Army Level to the United States in 2 years. -574,240,399 $ from the United States.]

The United States begins construction of several Armoured Trucks for usage by the Kingdom of Spain. Some problems arise from this, such as the timetables for shipping them being messed up, as well the amount ordered. They would, however, be send across the waves by next year.
[+198 Mobile Units to Spain in 1 turn. - 290,526,165 $ from the United States.]

South America

Across Venezuela, the PDVSA, which is the state-run oil company, begins to consolidate the various old oil companies that went out of business, in an attempt to jumpstart the economy once again. This aggressive action by the Government reestablished consumer confidence in the country, and helped to boost the government’s income.
[+300 Base Income to Venezuela. +1 Economic Stability to Venezuela.]

Attempts to get families to send their children to school starts to pick up as incentives are given to these families. Children start to migrate to the cities from the rural areas, and start their classes.
[-54,019,098 Bs from Venezuela. +2.85% Education Level in 3 turns to Venezuela.]

The unemployment numbers in Venezuela began to rise with the result of the oil bubble bursting, so the Government enacted a large-scale public works programme to deal with this rising tide of people. As the citizens were drafted into work, better municipal buildings were created, along with the start of a national electrical grid. While this was a long time off, the unemployment situation began to subside in the nation.
[-149,664,935 Bs from Venezuela. +2 Infrastructure to Venezuela in 2 turns.]

An endeavour to expand the Diques y Astilleros Nacionales C.A. (DIANCA), which is a shipbuilding company in Venezuela is undertaken, along with a few other things on the docket, but the Congress never gets the votes to fully enact this plan, and it stalls, and never gets fulfilled.

As the Brazilian Government attempts to accept the proposed work laws, conservative royalists in the National Congress block all talks and attempts to move this bill into law. News of this spreads rapidly to the Brazilian workers, many of whom flood into the streets, in open rioting against the Government.
[-1 Public Opinion from Brazil.]

Using the industrial capacity that Brazil had, along with the work of the commanding General of the Brazilian Army, the Government worked out a plan to expand and enrich the Brazilian Army, to bring it to new heights and to stop using outdated and antiquated rifles and tactics.
[-803,504,054 R$ from Brazil. +4 Army Levels to Brazil in 4 turns.]

The Brazilian Army is expanded with a recruitment drive, with people signing up daily to join the army. A larger than expected group show up to be entered into the Army, but the Brazilian Government accepts them anyway.
[+121,991 Regulars to Brazil in 2 turns. -84,262,989 R$ from Brazil.]

French Guyana, which rested to the North of Brazil, had recently fallen into anarchy, and the Brazilian Army moved in, occupying the area, and turning it into an occupied zone of Brazil. Despite what the government wanted, the Military made it a military occupation zone and declared martial law.

The Brazilian National Radio Network (BNRN) is founded in Rio de Janeiro, and soon radio towers pop up around the nation. While the costs were high, much of the public demanded to be able to listen to the hour-long radio programmes of Derpina dos Melones, the biggest radio star in Brazil.
[-406,540,348 R$ from Brazil. +3,500 Base Income to Brazil in 2 turns. +2,000 Base Income to Brazil in 5 turns.]

tower.jpg

A radio tower in Brazil broadcasting to the nation.

Attempts to pass the Industrial Growth Bill in the Peruvian Congress fail as enough votes are not even reached to get a quorum of the Congress, showing what little support it had.

President Benavides tours the country, giving inspiring speeches to the population, hoping to get them motivated to his side, and to have their support. He is successful at changing the minds of some people, as he sees more support across the nation.
[+1 Public Opinion to Peru.]

The Peruvian Navy is expanded, but not all of the things in the Naval Bill of 1920 pass, such as the construction of Dreadnoughts, which are too expensive to maintain, and the Navy cannot afford it at the moment.
[+10 Cruisers to Peru in 3 turns. +5 Destroyers to Peru in 2 turns. -56,262,659 S/ from Peru.]

The Peruvian Military budget is massively expanded, with a lot of money being channeled into it simply for the sake of improving the Army and the number of soldiers currently at arms. The who expansion of this was going to be finished by the next year.
[+14,629 Regulars to Peru in 1 turn. -749,977,360 S/ from Peru.]

The General Auditor’s Office is a brand new office established in Buenos Aires, Argentina. Its purpose is to ensure that transparency is first and foremost within the Argentine Government. With this, many people were able to find waste and fraud, and were able to root them out, and gain more money each year for the Government’s coffers.
[+300 Base Income to Argentina.]

Attempts to pass a bill that established an 8-Hour workday from “Monday” to “Fryday”, as well as 4 hours on Saturdays passes the Legislature, but the typo known as “Fryday” is caught, and soon industry across the nation declare that “Fryday” occurs after 80 hours of work have been worked, and this new law is exploited to make the people work even harder, damaging the reputation of the Government.
[-1 Public Opinion from Argentina.]

In Cordoba, the Siam Di Tella Company is opened, to help spurn along industry and oil consumption. Very quickly it takes off, and factories and industrial progress explodes around the nation, at a very high cost, but it would do wonders to the Argentine economy.
[-275,352,532 ₳ from Argentina. +60 Industry to Argentina in 2 turns.]

Northeastern Argentina is opened up for colonisation by the Government, and people swarm into it, with the Government giving them money for the relocation prices as well as helping to set up basic homes and residencies for them.
[-175,096,620 ₳ from Argentina. +3,450 Base Income to Argentina in 1 turn.]

Argentina, attempting to branch out and become a major player on the world scale, attempts to send shipments of gold to both Spain and to the Republic of Italy, to help them against their enemies. The shipment of gold, however, is caught in an Atlantic storm, and the ship sinks without a trace, and takes some of the navy with it.
[-401,879,876 Gold from Argentina. -2 Destroyers from Argentina.]

The League of South American Nations comes into effect in South America, a union of countries looking to better create a framework for their peaceful cooperation and existence in South America. While nothing radical, they promised to assist each other in a regional-forum to better resolve their differences, and to agree to a unified trade network. The task now, with the headquarters being established in Montevideo, was to elect an assembly, along with a General Secretary. The Peace and Prosperity that is associated with this helps lift consumer confidence in South America, as well as the support of the people.
[-75,624,264 Gold from Argentina. -74,831,156 Gold from Brazil. +2 Economic Stability to all Member States. +2 Public Opinion to all Member States. All Member States now trading.]

Elections in Chile take place, and the National Party candidate, Luis Barros Borgoño easily cruises to election, taking over for President Pedro Montt Montt. He promises to continue on and lead Chile with a firm hand.

The Chilean Government focuses on large investments into the aircraft industry, looking to make use of experimental aircraft and zeppelins. While no progress was made, money was indeed spent that year on it.
[-237,667,979 CLP$ from Chile.]

Hydroelectric Plants began to pop up around Chile, funded by the Government, to bring new and expansive electricity to the country. It was costly, but it did help to cover non-vital parts of the country, at first.
[-481,741,181 CLP$ from Chile. +1,100 Base Income to Chile.]

The Chilean Government invests money into the Automobile industry, and soon, factories pop up around the nation, churning out new, fancy, Chilean-made cars that zip and zoom around Chile’s various cities.
[-193,556,691 CLP$ from Chile. +14 Industry to Chile.]

Africa

In Africa, the Cape-Vert Peninsula, which had devolved into anarchy after the collapse of the National-French Government, is brought under control of the Belgian Government, where it is proclaimed for Belgium, and not the King - as if to stay away from the previous failures of giving the monarch his own plot of land. The colony is expanded, and soon it becomes a new, bustling centre of Belgian Commerce in West Africa.
[+300 Colonial Income to Belgium.]

The Brazilian Colonial Office, focused on expanding and establishing colonies in Africa, draws up huge and monumental plans to land in Cape Verde and Guinea-Bissau to establish more colonies for the good of Brazil. A lot of gold, colonists, and guns are loaded onto a ship, The Duke’s Second Chance, and it soon sets off for Africa. The bad news was that the ship, in the middle of the Atlantic, got stuck in a squall, and sunk, killing everyone on board, and losing all the plans for the new colonies.
[-43,292,671 Gold from Brazil. -5% Equipment from Brazil. -20 Prestige from Brazil.]

The British Colonial Office, in an effort to expand oil production, with one of the stated goals being to get more oil for their ships, was surprised when it was uncovered that the entire British Navy was still coal-fired, and they were never converted. Nevertheless, more oil wells are expanded in British Africa, and if there was ever a disruption, Britain would not be cut off.
[+350 Colonial Income to the United Kingdom.]

The Cape-to-Cairo Railroad line starts to snake its way through Sudan, following the Nile River, with the planned route heading towards Kenya, and surprisingly, German East Africa. Many wondered what good a Cape-to-Cairo line would do if a hostile nation could simply cut it off in German East Africa.
[+1 Colonial Infrastructure to the United Kingdom. -4,891,789 £ from the United Kingdom.]

The 1920 General Election in South Africa take place, when something unexpected happens. The German Government, not one to meddle in the affairs of South Africa, announces it is backing James Hertzog of the National Party, who pledged to sell former German Southwest Africa back to the German Empire. News of this, especially when people of many cultures lived in Southwest Africa, prompted thousands of votes for the United Party, trouncing the Nationalist Party at the polls, where they held only 15 seats. The rest were held by the United Party, and the pledged to keep Germany away from South Africa. Prime Minister Jan Smuts is elected to another Term as Prime Minister of South Africa because of this.

485px-Jan_Christiaan_Smuts.jpg

Jan Smuts, Prime Minister of South Africa.

The new Government, eager to get back to work, works on readjusting the tax rates once again to try and fix their mistake. This time, they overcompensate, passing a law into place that jacks the taxes up to fifteen percent. This massive tax increase upsets and makes all the citizens of the country angry and shocks all of them, who had elected the United Party, expecting them to not abuse them.
[Tax Rate set to 15% in South Africa. -5 Public Opinion from South Africa.]

Attempts to revise the import duties used for industrial usage falls flat in the Parliament, as they are already too busy bickering over how to fix the tax situation. As well as how to spend all of the money they were going to get.

However, they are able to pass legislation giving temporary benefits to unemployed people in the nation, pledging to them money and other necessities should they fall on hard times. It helps to win back some people after the disaster with the tax rates.
[+1 Public Opinion to South Africa. Minimal Welfare State constructed.]

On the island of Madagascar, Greek explorers approach the island with trepidation and wonder, not knowing what they would find on the island. As it would be, it descended into complete and utter anarchy. And while efforts to return the island to a Monarchy were on the mind of the Greeks, they instead were forced to establish local control directly under the administration of Greece, annexing bits of the Island into Greece itself.
[-492,198,881 ₯ from Greece.]

Attempts to send native soldiers loyal to the German Empire into Mozambique to gain information mysteriously never return back to their posts after a year of being sent in.
[German Colonial Army gone.]

Similarly for the Brazilians, who send more soldiers to this area to try and establish control over the area, one of the detachments that moved North were never heard from again, despite constant attempts to contact them. They were considered lost to the jungles. However, a few thousand soldiers were left, and they were able to establish control over the South and West of the current Brazilian positions.
[-9,784 Regulars from Brazil.]

Asia/Oceania

The new Government of India comes together, one that promotes Unity and Co-existence of both Hindus and Moslems. While many scoffed at the idea such a unity ever being possible, leaders from both sides of this argument came together, and were able to work out a plan. India would be split, internally, along a Hindu-run area and a Moslem-run area. These two areas would then unite at the Federal Level to form the Government of India. This would help both the publics view, as well the investors view.
[+1 Public Opinion to India. +1 Economic Stability to India.]

An agreement between Sikkim and India is close to completion, until the London office finds out about this, and strikes it down unilaterally, as India is not supposed to have any say in Foreign Affairs whatsoever.

In tandem with the unity government, a new education system, based along secular lines, with a stand curriculum for all of India is announced. One in which Indian History, as well as Hindu and Moslem cooperation is hailed. Included in this, as well, is an idea, a wild one, but an idea of a Great India. It would serve to bring these people together once more.
[-1,943,804,641 ₹ from India. +8.58% Education Level to India in 3 turns.]

Plans for a massive railway system across India are planned, but the Government, in wanting to help save and preserve money, decide to scrap the whole project, saying that the current rail system was fine as is.

Attempts to reform and remove corruption from the Government of the Wu Empire fails once again, as any attempts to remove a corrupt official is suddenly blocked by more red tape from another official, creating an endless loop of red tape that makes it impossible to remove anyone. This did help, however, to bloat the Government’s budget.
[-10,000 Base Income from the Great Wu.]

In Southern China, a new series of railways are laid down by the Government, and they would serve many of the Chinese cities, and ensure that the people of China have the ability to move around the country, and to help move their goods around, helping the national economy expand.
[-393,421,808 元 from China. +3 Infrastructure to China in 4 turns.]

In a widely celebrated state visit, representatives of the Communes of France and the Empire of Great Wu met, in which the French were able to give several pointers towards reforming a Government along the lines of the French. The Wu Government, impressed by this, begin to be more and more receptive to the idea of a Commune-style Government. As the French were in Peking, they did offer some tips on the Empire of Wu’s Army, and soon the Chinese High Command was formed, based off the French Model.
[-899,376,493 元 from China. +2 Army Levels to China in 1 turn.]

In the port of Qingdao, the German Empire, now victorious in Europe, begins to increase and flex its muscles abroad. Long ago destroyed by an accident by an American ship, Qingdao had been in a state of disrepair, even as the Chinese attempted to try and clean it up somewhat. The Germans, however, decided to invest massive amounts of time and money into Qingdao. It would soon be unrivaled by anything the Germans did before, turning Qingdao from a wasteland into one of Asia’s more important ports. In doing this, it would benefit the Empire of Great Wu greatly.
[+5 Colonial Infrastructure to the German Empire in 3 turns. +23 Industry to the German Empire in 1 turn. +10 Industry to the Great Wu in 2 turns. +1 Infrastructure to the Great Wu in 3 turns. +1 Army Level to the German Empire in 3 turns. -2,076,959,828 ℳ from the German Empire.]

370px-Bundesarchiv_Bild_137-043272%2C_Tsingtau%2C_Schantungstrasse.jpg

Qingdao in its rebuilding stage.

Trade between the Empire of Great Wu and Czechoslovakia commence, after the Wu Emperor gives a large, personal, gift to the people of Czechoslovakia. It was a large shipment of priceless artifacts from ancient China that would be for the Czechs to appreciate the value of the friendship that China and the Czechs now enjoyed, to the point where the Wu Emperor trusted the Czechs with these priceless pieces of China’s History.
[Great Wu and Czechoslovakia now trading. +20 Prestige to Czechoslovakia. +10 Prestige to the Great Wu.]

In the Dutch East Indies, the Batavian Government decides to organise and to form the Royal Army of the Indies, which would serve to protect the people of the East Indies from any invasion.
[+39,295 Regulars to the Netherlands in 3 turns.]

The Batavian Parliament passes the “Universal Suffrage Act of 1920” and suddenly, thousands upon thousands of men and women in the East Indies, many of whom were natives, could now vote in elections. While an official census saying almost 40% of the citizens there were “Dutch” the other 60% were natives. As this happened, a few new political parties cropped up, none of them - surprisingly - called for independence.
[+450 Base to the Netherlands.]

As coal became more and more important with the recent collapse of oil, the Japanese Empire, looking to increase the amount of coal it produces, looks towards Korea and Manchuria to increase production and the mines. The most profitable mines are in Korea, where they do not have to pay taxes, as the Japanese Empire was able to assume complete control over economic regulation and taxes in Korea. But the mines in Manchuria were sufficiently profitable as well.
[+2,500 Base Income to Japan. -368,486,822 ¥ from Japan. +18,529,295 Gold to the Wu Empire.]

In Tokyo, the Japanese Radio Network is founded, with the purpose of giving news and reports to the Japanese people of things going on in the country and around the world. The JRN quickly begins to become the primary source of information about the events and going ons in not only Japan, but Asia itself.
[-166,188,453 ¥ from Japan. JRN created.]

Large amounts of funding is sent into improving the industrial output of the nation. The Government trusts it to an American company based out of a place called “Tammany Hall” in New York City. The Japanese, thinking this was going to be fine, dump money into this firm, and waits to find the results of what shall happen. They claim that the entire thing was finished within a few months, but when the Japanese went to look and see the factories, they were nothing more than empty buildings.
[-942,434,112 ¥ from Japan.]

Strict worker safety laws are passed in Japan, causing some industrialists to cry out against it, but all of the workers highly enjoyed these new regulations, and some of them were able to work harder and more efficiently, boosting the economy of Japan.
[+2 Industry to Japan. +1 Public Opinion to Japan. +30 Prestige to Japan.]

The Imperial Japanese Navy, wanting to expand their influence in the Pacific Ocean, ordered the construction of Dreadnought Ships, to help assert control over specific areas of vital importance to them, such as the Sea of Japan, and maybe even beyond that.
[-322,184,186 ¥ from Japan. +3 Dreadnoughts to Japan in 3 turns.]

th

A new Japanese Battleship that will soon sail across the Pacific Ocean.

Attempts to iron out and work out the problems caused by the switch to the radio do not go so well, as some of the radio transmissions were intercepted by radio waves coming from the Philippines, and it caused a ship to miss vital directions, and it ran aground on a shoal near the Philippines.
[-1 Cruiser from Japan.]

In the Dominion of Australia, people rejoice at the relative peace and prosperity their country is going through, as soldiers deployed across the seas return home. A parade takes place in Sydney, and thousands of citizens line the streets, cheering and applauding their men.

Last edited:
Stats for 1921

National Rankings

Rank Country Total Ranking

1 The United States of America 3863
2 The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland 2396
3 The German Empire 1787
4 The Empire of Greater Japan 1150
5 The Argentine Republic 1128
6 The United Communes of France 1046
7 The Kingdom of Spain 985
8 The Russian Empire 892
9 The Kingdom of the Netherlands 844
10 The Kingdom of Sweden 791
11 The Swiss Confederation 684
12 The Second Empire of Brazil 681
13 The Dominion of Canada 596
14 The Republic of South Africa 583
15 The Republic of Chile 580
16 The Kingdom of Belgium 508
17 The Kingdom of Czechoslovakia 496
18 The National Republic of Hungary 481
19 The Dominion of India 473
20 The Dominion of Australia 452
21 The Kingdom of Romania 428
22 The Republic of Venezuela 384
23 The Kingdom of Yugoslavia 362
24 The Republic of Italy 359
25 The Empire of Great Wu 325
26 The Kingdom of Greece 310
27 The Republic of Peru 310
28 The Turkish Free State 297
29 The Republic of Poland 287
30 The People's Republic of Palestine 187
31 The West Ukrainian National Republic 153

1921c.png

The Argentine Republic
Currency: Argentine Peso (₳)
Currency Value: 2.0075
Currency Bank: 354,242,226 ₳
Gold Bank: 1,180,705,748
Currency Income: 354,242,226 ₳
Gold Income: 711,130,830 [+3,450 Base Income in 1 turn(s)]
Printing Rate: 50%
Loan Payments (in gold): 0
Loan Interest Rate: 5.43%
Gross Domestic Product: 123,534,772,974
Tax Rate: 1.50%
Prestige: 500
Public Opinion: 9
Economic Stability: 10
Industry: 245 [+60 in 2 turn(s)]
Education Level: 84.00%
Economic Growth Rate: 4.70%
Mobilization Penalty: 0%
Mobilization Level: Not Mobilized
Home Infrastructure: 31 [+9 in 2 turn(s)]
Colonial Infrastructure: 0
Army
Equipment: 80%
Regulars: 40,000
Conscripts: 0
Army Level: 24
Navy
Cruisers 7
Destroyers: 34
Coastal Gunboats: 250
Transport Flotillas: 6
Submarines: 4
Dreadnoughts: 0
Navy Level: 20 [+2 in 2 turn(s)]
Air Force
Fighters: 0
Bombers: 0
Air Level: 5
At War With: NONE
Leader: President Marcelo T. de Alvear
Player: Mr. Santiago

The Kingdom of Belgium
Currency: Belgian Franc (fr)
Currency Value: 1.3843
Currency Bank: 80,671,976 fr
Gold Bank: 673,931,406
Currency Income: 128,617,812 fr
Gold Income: 92,914,260
Loan Interest Rate: 6.34%
Gross Domestic Product: 59,156,569,759
Tax Rate: 2.50%
Prestige: 95
Public Opinion: 8
Economic Stability: 9
Industry: 105 [+20 in 2 turn(s)]
Education Level: 94.98%
Economic Growth Rate: 1.98%
Home Infrastructure: 35 [+1 in 1 turn(s), +3 in 2 turn(s)]
Army
Equipment: 90%
Regulars: 150,197
Army Level: 25
Navy
Cruisers 10
Destroyers: 25
Coastal Gunboats: 100
Transport Flotillas: 3
Submarines: 0
Navy Level: 23
Air Force
Air Level: 1
Leader: King Albert I
Player: XVG

The Dominion of Australia
Currency: Australian Dollar (A$)
Currency Value: 1.1570
Currency Bank: 699,563,989 A$
Gold Bank: 1,235,223,306
Currency Income: 208,792,066 A$
Gold Income: 241,577,951
Loan Interest Rate: 5.20%
Gross Domestic Product: 29,387,883,981
Prestige: 105
Public Opinion: 10
Industry: 93
Education Level: 90.00%
Economic Growth Rate: 5.39%
Home Infrastructure: 20
Army
Regulars: 44,000
Navy
Cruisers 4
Destroyers: 30
Transport Flotillas: 7
Navy Level: 24
Air Force
Air Level: 4
Leader: Prime Minister Billy Hughes
Player: NikoHoI3

The Kingdom of Czechoslovakia
Currency: Czechoslovak Koruna (Kč)
Currency Value: 0.1756
Currency Bank: 898,861,010 Kčs
Gold Bank: 121,075,846
Currency Income: 46,616,344 Kčs
Gold Income: 8,186,404
Loan Interest Rate: 6.37%
Gross Domestic Product: 18,444,354,057
Prestige: 265
Economic Stability: 7
Industry: 66
Education Level: 70.00%
Economic Growth Rate: 1.01%
Mobilization Penalty: 17%
Home Infrastructure: 26 [+2 in 4 turn(s)]
Army
Equipment: 75%
Regulars: 234,032
Conscripts: 410,352
Army Level: 24 [+1 in 3 turn(s)]
Navy
Cruisers 0
Destroyers: 0
Coastal Gunboats: 0
Transport Flotillas: 0
Navy Level: 0
Air Force
Air Level: 4
Leader: Queen Milena I
Player: Afaslizo

The Second Empire of Brazil
Currency: Brazilian Real (R$)
Currency Value: 0.2675
Currency Bank: 3,144,785,359 R$
Gold Bank: 1,049,640,005
Currency Income: 1,840,462,576 R$
Gold Income: 492,287,984 [+3,500 Base Income in 2 turn(s). +2,000 Base Income in 5 turn(s)]
Printing Rate: 40%
Loan Interest Rate: 5.41%
Gross Domestic Product: 93,467,653,593
Prestige: 216
Economic Stability: 8
Industry: 169 [-150 until Strike Lifted]
Education Level: 73.00%
Economic Growth Rate: 4.78%
Mobilization Penalty: 2%
Home Infrastructure: 34 [+3 in 2 turn(s)]
Army
Equipment: 58%
Regulars: 37,150 [+121,991 in 2 turn(s)]
Army Level: 16 [+4 in 4 turn(s)]
Navy
Cruisers 3
Destroyers: 32
Coastal Gunboats: 200
Navy Level: 25
Air Force
Leader: Empress Isabel I
Player: Duke of Britain

The Dominion of Canada
Currency: Canadian Dollar (C$)
Currency Value: 0.9919
Currency Bank: 505,785,817 C$
Gold Bank: 711,637,581
Currency Income: 301,557,105 C$
Gold Income: 293,711,243
Loan Interest Rate: 4.96%
Gross Domestic Product: 74,218,962,819
Tax Rate: 1.50%
Prestige: 170
Industry: 131 [+53 in 2 turn(s)]
Education Level: 90.50%
Economic Growth Rate: 6.12%
Home Infrastructure: 24 [+6 in 1 turn(s), +5 in 2 turn(s), +6 in 3 turn(s))]
Army
Equipment: 85%
Regulars: 18,000
Navy
Cruisers 5
Destroyers: 5
Transport Flotillas: 2
Navy Level: 21
Air Force
Fighters: 0 [+2 in 1 turn(s)]
Air Level: 6 [+1 in 2 turn(s)]
Leader: Prime Minister Sir Robert Borden
Player: RepBently

The Republic of Chile
Currency: Chilean Peso (CLP$)
Currency Value: 0.3525
Currency Bank: 822,758,336 CLP$
Gold Bank: 1,296,041,584
Currency Income: 822,758,336 CLP$
Gold Income: 354,313,017
Loan Interest Rate: 5.03662287822897%
Gross Domestic Product: 82,968,713,634
Tax Rate: 2.5%
Prestige: 160
Industry: 146
Education Level: 65.00%
Economic Growth Rate: 5.89%
Home Infrastructure: 33 [+10 in 6 turn(s)]
Army
Equipment: 65%
Regulars: 75,000
Army Level: 17
Navy
Cruisers 2
Destroyers: 5
Coastal Gunboats: 50
Transport Flotillas: 1
Navy Level: 14
Air Force
Air Level: 3
Leader: President Emiliano Figueroa
Player: Riccardo93

The United Communes of France
Currency: French Franc (₣)
Currency Value: 0.0238
Currency Bank: 8,373,184,000 ₣
Gold Bank: 1,082,675,242
Currency Income: 5,217,430,531 ₣
Gold Income: 97,325,787
Loan Interest Rate: 7.31%
Gross Domestic Product: 63,517,561,883
Tax Rate: 2.63%
Prestige: 580
Public Opinion: 3
Industry: 198 [+51 in 2 turn(s)]
Education Level: 93.10%
Economic Growth Rate: -0.94% [Set to 1% when War is over]
Mobilization Penalty: 28%
Home Infrastructure: 29
Army
Regulars: 262,133 [+97,823 in 1 turn(s)]
Conscripts: 500,184
Armored Units: 0 [+2 in 2 turn(s)]
Army Level: 30
Navy
Cruisers 12
Destroyers: 65
Transport Flotillas: 25
Air Force
Air Level: 2
At War With: The German Empire
Leader: Chairman Alexandre Millerand
Player: etranger01

The German Empire
Currency: German Mark (ℳ)
Currency Value: 0.1746
Currency Bank: 1,308,988,029 ℳ
Gold Bank: -1,002,360,153
Currency Income: 921,428,150 ℳ
Gold Income: 110,935,407
Loan Payments (in gold): 57,336,377
Loan Interest Rate: 5.15%
Gross Domestic Product: 204,006,408,067
Prestige: 645
Public Opinion: 7
Industry: 569 [+23 in 1 turn(s)]
Education Level: 89.80%
Economic Growth Rate: -0.45%
Mobilization Penalty: 15%
Home Infrastructure: 37
Colonial Infrastructure: 11 [+5 in 3 turn(s)]
Army
Equipment: 95%
Regulars: 584,127 [+483,520 in 1 turn(s)]
Conscripts: 3,286,726
Army Level: 31 [+1 in 3 turn(s)]
Navy
Cruisers 54 [+10 in 1 turn(s)]
Destroyers: 300
Coastal Gunboats: 230
Transport Flotillas: 15
Submarines: 84 [+25 in 1 turn(s)]
Dreadnoughts: 0 [+20 in 3 turn(s)]
Navy Level: 28
Air Force
Fighters: 5 [+5 in 2 turn(s)]]
Air Level: 9
At War With: The Allied Powers (France, Italy, Netherlands, Greece)
Leader: Kaiser Wilhelm II
Player: Morrell8

The Kingdom of Greece
Currency: Greek Drachma (₯)
Currency Value: 0.1755
Currency Bank: 63,675,217 ₯
Gold Bank: -134,654,066
Currency Income: 48,702,528 ₯
Gold Income: -1,289,738
Loan Payments (in gold): 9,034,203
Loan Interest Rate: 6.77%
Gross Domestic Product: 7,732,319,033
Prestige: 115
Industry: 23
Education Level: 84.50%
Economic Growth Rate: 0.68%
Mobilization Penalty: 9%
Home Infrastructure: 9
Army
Regulars: 70,196
Conscripts: 87,372
Army Level: 23
Navy
Cruisers 7
Destroyers: 11
Transport Flotillas: 6
Navy Level: 17
Air Force
Fighters: 1
Air Level: 6
Leader: King Constantine I
Player: tyriet

The National Republic of Hungary
Currency: Hungarian Pengő (P)
Currency Value: 0.1571
Currency Bank: 1,572,659,674 P
Gold Bank: 128,154,252
Currency Income: 612,484,830 P
Gold Income: 98,747,026
Loan Interest Rate: 5.70%
Gross Domestic Product: 36,109,682,343
Prestige: 200
Industry: 70
Education Level: 71.38% [+9.38% in 4 turn(s)]
Economic Growth Rate: 3.91%
Mobilization Penalty: 7%
Home Infrastructure: 35
Army
Equipment: 92%
Regulars: 33,743 [+93,251 in 2 turn(s)]
Army Level: 27
Navy
Cruisers 0
Air Force
Leader: President Mihály Károlyi
Player: Mathrim

The Republic of Italy
Currency: Italian Lira (₤)
Currency Value: 0.1101
Currency Bank: 481,353,684 ₤
Gold Bank: 67,204,280
Currency Income: 481,353,684 ₤
Gold Income: 33,602,140
Loan Interest Rate: 7.20%
Gross Domestic Product: 15,601,743,975
Prestige: 50
Public Opinion: 5
Economic Stability: 2
Industry: 95
Education Level: 100.00%
Economic Growth Rate: -0.61%
Mobilization Penalty: 6%
Home Infrastructure: 27
Colonial Infrastructure: 7
Army
Equipment: 45% [+5% for 3 turn(s)]
Regulars: 47,603
Conscripts: 248,184
Army Level: 29
Navy
Cruisers 0
Submarines: 5
Air Force
Leader: President Ivanoe Bonomi
Player: jacob-Lundgren

The Dominion of India
Currency: Indian Rupee (₹)
Currency Value: 0.0693
Currency Bank: 1,645,625,603 ₹
Gold Bank: 644,743,239
Currency Income: 1,645,625,603 ₹
Gold Income: 114,065,865
Printing Rate: 60%
Loan Interest Rate: 4.63%
Gross Domestic Product: 58,092,611,004
Tax Rate: 2.25%
Prestige: 165
Economic Stability: 1
Industry: 82
Education Level: 34.00%
Economic Growth Rate: 7.10%
Home Infrastructure: 20
Army
Regulars: 350,000
Navy
Cruisers 5
Destroyers: 15
Transport Flotillas: 9
Air Force
Leader: Prime Minister Ashran Gupta
Player: Shock3r

The Empire of Greater Japan
Currency: Japanese Yen (¥)
Currency Value: 0.5013
Currency Bank: 849,224,205 ¥
Gold Bank: 693,019,798
Currency Income: 849,224,205 ¥
Gold Income: 399,753,092
Loan Interest Rate: 3.70%
Gross Domestic Product: 99,723,036,803
Prestige: 465
Industry: 250 [+43 in 1 turn(s)]
Education Level: 99.80%
Economic Growth Rate: 3.89%
Home Infrastructure: 30 [+5 in 1 turn(s)]
Colonial Infrastructure: 0 [+3 in 3 turn(s)]
Army
Equipment: 100%
Regulars: 450,000
Army Level: 28
Navy
Cruisers 9
Destroyers: 95
Coastal Gunboats: 450
Transport Flotillas: 30
Submarines: 2 [+20 in 1 turn(s)]
Dreadnoughts: 0 [+3 in 3 turn(s)]
Navy Level: 27
Air Force
Fighters: 1
Leader: Emperor Taishō
Player: Boris ze Spider

The Kingdom of the Netherlands
Currency: Dutch Gulden (ƒ)
Currency Value: 0.2240
Currency Bank: 3,831,631,307 ƒ
Gold Bank: 1,776,820,207
Currency Income: 872,078,705 ƒ
Gold Income: 176,289,431
Loan Interest Rate: 5.54%
Gross Domestic Product: 55,226,325,724
Tax Rate: 3.50%
Prestige: 400
Industry: 170
Education Level: 94.90%
Economic Growth Rate: 4.38%
Mobilization Penalty: 2%
Home Infrastructure: 22
Colonial Infrastructure: 20
Army
Regulars: 85,000 [+39,295 in 3 turn(s)]
Conscripts: 71,971
Navy
Cruisers 10
Destroyers: 35
Coastal Gunboats: 200
Transport Flotillas: 30
Submarines: 8 [+10 in 2 turn(s)]
Navy Level: 20
Air Force
Fighters: 0 [+2 in 3 turn(s)]
Air Level: 7
Leader: Queen Wilhemina I
Player: Syriana

The People's Republic of Palestine
Currency: Lebonese Lira (ل.ل)
Currency Value: 0.1107
Currency Bank: 141,491,807 ل.ل
Gold Bank: -63,524,396
Currency Income: 69,720,507 ل.ل
Gold Income: 7,717,882
Loan Payments (in gold): 3335410.95904074
Loan Interest Rate: 4.68%
Gross Domestic Product: 3,194,393,050
Prestige: 45
Public Opinion: 7
Industry: 32
Education Level: 35.17%
Economic Growth Rate: 6.95%
Home Infrastructure: 7 [+8 in 3 turn(s)]
Army
Equipment: 50%
Regulars: 13,263
Army Level: 20
Navy
Cruisers 0
Coastal Gunboats: 15
Navy Level: 15
Air Force
Air Level: 0
Leader: Chairman Mohammed Bashir
Player: Bakerydog

The Republic of Peru
Currency: Peruvian nuevo sol (S/)
Currency Value: 0.1071
Currency Bank: 1,922,075,194 S/
Gold Bank: 287,234,789
Currency Income: 708,051,637 S/
Gold Income: 75,830,845
Loan Interest Rate: 5.33%
Gross Domestic Product: 30,877,058,051
Prestige: 65
Industry: 84
Education Level: 58.85%
Economic Growth Rate: 5.02%
Home Infrastructure: 15
Army
Equipment: 55%
Regulars: 25,000 [+14,629 in 1 turn(s)]
Army Level: 18
Navy
Cruisers 0 [+10 in 3 turn(s)]
Destroyers: 5 [+5 in 2 turn(s)]
Navy Level: 16
Air Force
Leader: President Óscar R. Benavides
Player: Maxwell

The Republic of Poland
Currency: Polish Złoty (zł)
Currency Value: 0.2343
Currency Bank: 361,744,148 zł
Gold Bank: 197,318,228
Currency Income: 214,644,094 zł
Gold Income: 50,301,258
Printing Rate: 45%
Gross Domestic Product: 24,217,779,453
Public Opinion: 5
Economic Stability: 5
Industry: 76
Education Level: 70.00%
Economic Growth Rate: 1.89%
Mobilization Penalty: 15%
Home Infrastructure: 30
Army
Equipment: 70%
Regulars: 19,598
Conscripts: 263,172
Navy
Cruisers 0
Air Force
At War With: West Ukrainian National Republic
Leader: President Józef Piłsudski
Player: The Fish

The Kingdom of Romania
Currency: Romanian Leu (L)
Currency Value: 0.4796
Currency Bank: 47,648,381 L
Gold Bank: -159,236,323
Currency Income: 47,648,381 L
Gold Income: 11,970,003
Loan Payments (in gold): 12,904,665
Loan Interest Rate: 7.54%
Gross Domestic Product: 18,483,287,706
Prestige: 150
Economic Stability: 5
Industry: 54
Education Level: 46.40%
Economic Growth Rate: -1.61%
Mobilization Penalty: 6%
Home Infrastructure: 26
Army
Equipment: 95%
Regulars: 138,306
Navy
Cruisers 10
Coastal Gunboats: 75
Air Force
At War With: The Allied Powers (France, Italy, Netherlands, Greece)
Leader: King Ferdinand I
Player: von_Roundstedt

The Russian Empire
Currency: Russian Ruble (руб)
Currency Value: 0.3036
Currency Bank: 2,665,777,044 руб
Gold Bank: -579,412,872 [+1,000 Base Income in 3 turn(s)]
Currency Income: 1,162,473,858 руб
Gold Income: 237,988,097
Printing Rate: 60%
Loan Payments (in gold): 36,741,308
Loan Interest Rate: 4.49%
Gross Domestic Product: 133,802,936,491
Prestige: 445
Industry: 80 [+17 in 2 turn(s)]
Education Level: 46.30% [+29.48% in 6 turn(s)]
Economic Growth Rate: 1.52%
Mobilization Penalty: 11%
Home Infrastructure: 34 [+2 in 2 turn(s)]
Army
Equipment: 102%
Regulars: 895,386
Conscripts: 826,576
Army Level: 26
Navy
Cruisers 2
Destroyers: 28
Coastal Gunboats: 20
Transport Flotillas: 10
Air Force
Leader: Tsar Cyril I
Player: RedNomNoms

The Republic of South Africa
Currency: South African Pound (SA£)
Currency Value: 3.8905
Currency Bank: 420,967,047 SA£
Gold Bank: 3,208,793,968
Currency Income: 276,097,644 SA£
Gold Income: 1,031,210,100 [+500 Base Income Every Year for 4 turn(s)]
Printing Rate: 55%
Loan Interest Rate: 5.86%
Gross Domestic Product: 62,775,295,922
Tax Rate: 15.00%
Prestige: 115
Public Opinion: 6 [If consumer goods production not resumed: -1 in 1 turn(s), -2 in 2 turn(s), -3 in 3 turn(s)]
Economic Stability: 10 [If consumer goods production not resumed: -1 in 1 turn(s), -2 in 2 turn(s), -3 in 3 turn(s)]
Industry: 96
Education Level: 57.00% [+1% Education every turn]
Economic Growth Rate: 3.42%
Home Infrastructure: 28
Army
Equipment: 94%
Regulars: 53,000
Navy
Cruisers 6
Destroyers: 10
Navy Level: 26
Air Force
Leader: Prime Minister Jan Smuts
Player: Seek75

The Kingdom of Spain
Currency: Spanish Peseta (₧)
Currency Value: 0.1951
Currency Bank: 498,103,746 ₧
Gold Bank: 30,203,384 [-514,000,000 in 1 turns]
Currency Income: 498,103,746 ₧
Gold Income: 85,935,628 [+200 Base Every Year]
Loan Payments (in gold): 3,515,677
Loan Interest Rate: 6.31%
Gross Domestic Product: 69,256,525,193
Prestige: 335
Industry: 256
Education Level: 86.40%
Economic Growth Rate: 2.08%
Mobilization Penalty: 7%
Mobilization Level: Full Mobilization
Home Infrastructure: 27
Colonial Infrastructure: 4
Army
Equipment: 99%
Regulars: 165,483 [56,360 held prisoner]
Conscripts: 575,763 [91,523 held prisoner]
Mobile Units: 0 [+198 in 1 turn(s)]
Navy
Cruisers 61
Destroyers: 129
Coastal Gunboats: 400
Transport Flotillas: 10
Submarines: 9
Dreadnoughts: 5
Air Force
At War With: Communist Republic of Portugal
Leader: King Alfonso XIII
Player: MastahCheef117

The Kingdom of Sweden
Currency: Swedish Krona (kr)
Currency Value: 0.3789
Currency Bank: 882,457,558 kr
Gold Bank: 244,489,181 [+516,000,000 gold in 1 turn(s)]
Currency Income: 411,125,162 kr
Gold Income: 155,779,971 [200,000,000 kr removed from Debt each year until 1920.]
Gross Domestic Product: 43,486,735,008
Prestige: 425
Industry: 105
Education Level: 92.00%
Economic Growth Rate: 1.90%
Home Infrastructure: 29
Army
Regulars: 35,000
Navy
Cruisers 27
Destroyers: 105
Coastal Gunboats: 180
Dreadnoughts: 0 [+2 in 3 turn(s) once Naval level is equal to 25]
Navy Level: 22 [+2 in 1 turn(s)]
Air Force
Leader: King Gustaf V
Player: Hashoosh

The Swiss Confederation
Currency: Swiss Franc (S₣) [+??? in 3 turn(s), "Project "YB" Progress 1/6]
Currency Value: 0.1923
Currency Bank: 2,766,390,671 S₣
Gold Bank: 416,211,347
Currency Income: 1,724,648,312 S₣
Gold Income: 331,649,870
Loan Interest Rate: 5.78%
Gross Domestic Product: 57,713,472,281
Prestige: 275
Industry: 106
Education Level: 97.81%
Economic Growth Rate: 3.67%
Home Infrastructure: 36 [+2 if Radio Towers built]
Army
Equipment: 100%
Regulars: 145,000
Army Level: 21
Navy
Cruisers 0
Air Force
Air Level: 0 [+4 in 2 turn(s)]
Leader: President Arthur Eugster
Player: Spitfire5793

The Turkish Free State
Currency: Turkish Lira (T£ )
Currency Value: 0.2001
Currency Bank: 184,151,330 T£
Gold Bank: -340,094,483
Currency Income: 184,151,330 T£
Gold Income: 17,567,844 [+2,500 in 3 turn(s), +3,530 Base in 4 turn(s)]
Loan Payments (in gold): 22,341,123
Loan Interest Rate: 6.25%
Gross Domestic Product: 19,601,139,386
Prestige: 40
Industry: 52 [+24 in 1 turn(s)]
Education Level: 54.84%
Economic Growth Rate: 2.26%
Home Infrastructure: 13
Army
Equipment: 80%
Regulars: 296,617
Navy
Cruisers 2
Destroyers: 11
Coastal Gunboats: 65
Transport Flotillas: 5
Navy Level: 22
Air Force
Fighters: 0 [+2 in 3 turn(s)]
At War With: The Republic of Armenia
Leader: President Haşim Çiçek
Player: Dadarian

The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland
Currency: British Pound (£)
Currency Value: 4.0430
Currency Bank: 428,602,059 £
Gold Bank: 4,160,391,075
Currency Income: 192,758,791 £
Gold Income: 779,318,134
Loan Interest Rate: 4.81%
Gross Domestic Product: 240,801,536,567
Prestige: 1,095
Industry: 300 [+93 in 2 turn(s)]
Education Level: 90.90%
Economic Growth Rate: 0.57%
Home Infrastructure: 32 [+3 in 2 turn(s)]
Colonial Infrastructure: 17
Army
Equipment: 105%
Regulars: 209,128 [+310,485 in 1 turn(s)]
Navy [+5 dreadnoughts, +10 large ships, +60 small ships, +10 submarines in 2 turn(s) to be distributed to the dominions]
Cruisers 59
Destroyers: 282
Coastal Gunboats: 1,000
Transport Flotillas: 100
Submarines: 35
Dreadnoughts: 15
Navy Level: 32
Air Force
Fighters: 3 [+10 in 1 turn(s)]
Air Level: 8
Leader: King George V
Player: King50000

The United States of America
Currency: United States Dollar ($)
Currency Value: 1.0000
Currency Bank: 4,576,639,633 $
Gold Bank: 9,869,784,067
Currency Income: 2,623,153,824 $
Gold Income: 2,623,153,824
Loan Interest Rate: 3.33%
Gross Domestic Product: 824,876,127,779
Prestige: 1,165
Industry: 1,174 [+10 in 2 turn(s)]
Education Level: 100.00%
Economic Growth Rate: 5.00%
Home Infrastructure: 60
Colonial Infrastructure: 17
Army
Equipment: 110%
Regulars: 70,663
Mobile Units: 25 [+103 in 1 turn(s)]
Army Level: 29 [+1 in 2 turn(s)]
Navy
Cruisers 76 [+24 in 2 turn(s)]
Destroyers: 255 [+45 in 2 turn(s)]
Coastal Gunboats: 650
Transport Flotillas: 45 [+25 in 2 turn(s)]
Submarines: 20 [+20 in 2 turn(s)]
Dreadnoughts: 13 [+7 in 3 turn(s)]
Escort Carriers: 0 [+1 in 3 turn(s)]
Navy Level: 32
Air Force
Leader: President Alice Roosevelt
Player: KeldoniaSkylar

The Republic of Venezuela
Currency: Venezuelan Bolívar (Bs)
Currency Value: 0.6671
Currency Bank: 725,552,514 Bs
Gold Bank: 1,079,823,237
Currency Income: 416,547,924 Bs
Gold Income: 277,891,666
Loan Interest Rate: 5.43%
Gross Domestic Product: 62,168,680,359
Prestige: 70
Industry: 88
Education Level: 70.00% [+2.85% in 3 turn(s)]
Economic Growth Rate: 4.70%
Home Infrastructure: 24 [+4 in 1 turn(s), +2 in 2 turn(s)]
Army
Regulars: 68,000
Army Level: 18
Navy
Cruisers 4
Destroyers: 18
Navy Level: 17
Air Force
Leader: President Juan Vicente Gómez Chacón
Player: Stormbringer

The West Ukrainian National Republic
Currency: West Ukrainian Hryvnia (₴)
Currency Value: 0.1289
Currency Bank: 108,338,309 ₴
Gold Bank: -68,902,621
Currency Income: 53,327,553 ₴
Gold Income: 6,871,885
Loan Payments (in gold): 3,890,247
Loan Interest Rate: 5.41%
Gross Domestic Product: 2,838,628,292
Prestige: 45
Industry: 13
Education Level: 35.17%
Economic Growth Rate: 4.76%
Home Infrastructure: 7
Army
Equipment: 70%
Regulars: 2,918
Navy
Cruisers 0
Air Force
At War With: The Republic of Poland
Leader: State Chancellor Vladimir Yenkoscheko
Player: Thandros

The Empire of Great Wu
Currency: Chinese Yuan (元)
Currency Value: 0.1887
Currency Bank: 940,438,335 元
Gold Bank: 521,341,478
Currency Income: 940,438,335 元
Gold Income: 157,665,957
Loan Interest Rate: 6.05%
Gross Domestic Product: 64,930,253,161
Tax Rate: 2.25%
Economic Stability: 0
Industry: 102 [+10 in 2 turn(s)]
Education Level: 33.40%
Economic Growth Rate: 2.84%
Home Infrastructure: 17 [+2 in 1 turn(s), +2 in 3 turn(s), +3 in 4 turn(s)]
Army
Equipment: 45%
Regulars: 336,123
Navy
Cruisers 2
Destroyers: 28
Navy Level: 11
Air Force
At War With: Mongolia
Leader: Emperor Ha
Player: Frymonmon

The Kingdom of Yugoslavia
Currency: Yugoslav Dinar (дин)
Currency Value: 0.1942
Currency Bank: 373,565,048 дин
Gold Bank: -85,650,640
Currency Income: 143,957,145 дин
Gold Income: 27,958,876
Loan Payments (in gold): 5,535,089
Loan Interest Rate: 6.46%
Gross Domestic Product: 24,988,764,986
Tax Rate: 2.55%
Prestige: 105
Industry: 57
Education Level: 56.00%
Economic Growth Rate: 1.61%
Mobilization Penalty: 8%
Home Infrastructure: 16 [+4 in 2 turn(s)]
Army
Equipment: 105%
Regulars: 257,052
Navy
Cruisers 5
Destroyers: 30
Navy Level: 19
Air Force
Leader: King Peter I
Player: Watercress

Last edited:
600px-British_Raj_Red_Ensign.svg.png

As Prime Minister of the The Dominion of India and the will of it's peoples I can only state my disgust and horror at Her Majesty's Government booting licking of the German Empire. I had once thought the United Kingdom as to be proud nation, confident in it mastery of the seas, but much to my regret that time seems to be passing. Now in this new era we have a United Kingdom that is scared, indecisive and worst of all weak. We must not forget all those who suffered and died because of the British Army's failure to stop the German plague from sweeping over Europe. We must not forget the deaths of 31,663 Indian soldiers who died for nothing in the Crimea. For too long have we held our tongues, now we must demand answers!

Answers to why Britain let Germany dominate Europe, answers as to why it is letting Germany build a battle fleet that can blow the Royal Navy out of the water, answers to why it is committing such atrocities in Ireland, answers as to why it stopped the loving union of Sikkim and India and finally as to why it has not done anything to bring back peace and stability in the Middle East. I do not say these words because I am agitating for India's departure from the British Empire, I am merely trying to stop the British Empire from going down the path of madness and ruin. therefore in in honour for India's sacrifice in the Great War and our successes at uniting both Hindus and Muslims in India, I propose that the Dominion of India rethinks it's relationship with the United Kingdom.

~ Prime Minister Ashran Gupta

Last edited: