• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
OOC: Details and opinions. History books say we were neutral, so that is what I am going with. Either way, Congresses budget for the next fiscal year is in a few months, so I have time to sway them.

The Sultan is concerned with the situation in Russia. We hope that a peaceful revolution can be achieved, as Russia already bled too much in the war, for the advantage of the imperialist members of the Entente. We hope that events in Russia do not put the conditions of the Russo-Ottoman peace deal in jeopardy.

As for the Arabs, we have no intentions of annexing their lands to the Ottoman Empire against their will. We are not like our enemies, the British and the French, who will keep you chained and without your right to self-determination. We are fighting to break the iron grip of the colonial powers from your region. You have proven your value in battle, and it pains me to order my troops to fight you, when they should be fighting the oppressive British and French forces. We would be honored to have you, not as enemies, not as a subjugated people, but as equal allies and partners to the Ottoman Empire.

I, as Sultan and Caliph, pledge, with Allah as my witness, to fight for the liberation of the Holy Land, renouncing any Ottoman claims to the area. The British mandate for Palestine must be rendered null and void, it is blasphemy against the Gods to side with those who seek to make Palestine a mere colony, and who have no intention at all to allow independence and self-determination to the peoples of the Holy Land.

OOC: Considering this game started in march and USA entered in OTL in April, I believe all the pieces were set already for the stop of neutrality; :)

United States of America
48star.gif

I am outraged at the showing in the South! We are the richest and most civilized nation in the world, and yet our states continue to practice laws that prevent some segments of our population from becoming equal with the rest. I say no more! The FBI will be given priority to put down the Ku-Klux-Klan and prevent the mass murder of US citizens. If the southern state government do not comply, Federal troops will be sent in to safe-guard the lives of our people.

As well, I am disapointed at the attituted Congress has taken towards our policy of free trade. If the British will not allow our ships to pass through their blockade to Germany, then our ships should not pass to their ports. We must not allow such a travesty against free trade and crimes against the innocent people of Germany to go without consequences. We must remain neutral, and that means we must treat all nations as equals in this conflict. I call upon the British government and Royal Navy to allow American ships to pass through their blockade of Germany. The people of Germany are not your enemies, this blockade does nothing but hurt the people, not their military ability. The recent offensive shows as much.

As for France, I am greatly disapointed that you will not allow foreign observers for this war. If this is the future of warfare, then all nations should be allowed to evaluate it and prepare for it, so that casualties will be lighter in the begining than has been thus far in this war. In Russia, I am appalled at the revolution, and swear to continue to ship supplies, both military and food, to the rightful Russian government, so that this young Democracy will not be stamped out in the night.

OOC: This is why we needed to start in 1914 :p

OOC: Huh? I said to stop sinking ships flying the American flag. Not ANY ship with American citizens on it.

OOC: For keeping America out of a war like his entire campaign centered around, and preventing the death of thousands of young American? Yeah, there should be tons of protests.
Shouldn't Paris have German flags waving over it by now?

OOC: Ran out of steam on the outskirts of Paris. I'll get there soon enough.

IC Post coming soon.

OOC: Like I said this game started in march 1917. By this time the USA had already broke relations with Germany, Germany had sunk Lusitania and numerous other ships killing hundreds of americans, had sent the Zimmerman telegram, had bombed targets in USA proper (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Tom_explosion), and was being villified for years by the press with the american public believing they were huns massacring neutral nations and people including Belgium. Anti-german sentiment was so high that german-americans were being lynched by the population in some places if they wouldn't pledge unconditional loyalty to the USA.
So I too think that Wilson couldn't get away with such an attitude at this time.

OOC: Oh well, too bad. We don't all get what we want now do we? You guys want a historical US, and I wanted to play as either Germany or Austria-Hungary.

For OConnor when he gets on: How wide was the German offensive before it stopped? You said it advanced 60 miles, but you didn't really say how wide of an advance they made.
Map would be useful.

640px-Flag_of_the_German_Empire.svg.png

Berlin, Deutsches Reich

The German High Command must be reminded that at this time, should we resume our massive war at sea against Neutral ships, there is a good chance that the United States will turn having lukewarm relations to being an enemy on the battlefield. This is something we cannot afford.

Furthermore, I, as Kaiser of this German Empire, propose to the Russian Provisional Government a new trade agreement, in order to make up for a lack of supplies in the German factories and on the plates of the German People. Should they be interested, we request a diplomatic cable be laid on my desk in Berlin.

Regarding the Russian Revolutionary Vladimir Lenin, he shall not be given access through any section of German Territory. If this radical is found within Germany he shall be arrested and put on trail for violating an Imperial Order from the Kaiser.

OOC: He was in Switzerland, not Germany... and the update doesn't mention any change in this status.

OOC: How would he pass on to Russia through the middle of a front-line? Historically he went through Germany, and caught a ferry to neutral Sweden, and from there to Petrograd
edit: since there's no more frontline between Austria and Russia I guess it's possible now