• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Enemy casualty estimates are imprecise?
Just sayin.
That doesn't solve the problem, since the casualty totals are based on the imprecise knowledge of enemy casualties.

I blame sector F. ;)

Since the attack in B is the only line in the combat report to not include casualties, it may very well be the culprit.

As for the use of the reserve companies, just select a sector to use them in.

could you weaken a sector and draw in the enemy and potentially encircle them? kind of like a faint of sorts. just weighing in my 2 cents

Greetings and Salutations

Dear Major General Thandros,

Hi!

How are you?

I am fine.

Loverly weather we are having, isn't it?

Just in passing, do you have any recommendations for the upcoming turn?

Sincerely,

Bugwar
Yur bestest bud.

Perhaps we should shift the focus of our northern offensive to C or A to catch the enemy off guard.

Well, I'd like to use sector C, but with First Brigade and their history of 'Static and 100% battalions', I'd rather not run the risk.
So I will put my reserve into 'A' sector, and switch them to 'Advance'.
All my other troops are going into defensive mode.
Support from Division would be nice, though not at the expense of upping the air superiority level.

von_Rundstedt given the current alien invasion I'm going to have to ask you to not do that once this is over I may change my mind. Tank and Air support being provided to Sector A.

Can I order my regiment to shoot/arrest Col. Bugwar?

Hm, I have no chart for this kind of things. But let`s say I roll every turn a D20. If I roll a straight 20, Col. Bugwar is accidentally in the vicinity of people belonging to your Regiment who are also willing to shoot him. If the second roll is better than 10, he actually dies. That`s a chance of 2.5% per turn that he dies. I think that`s fair.

:p

You do realize that while this chance may seem low it will add up quickly over several turns. ;)

It would be probably better to shoot the enemy instead but I am funny that way.

Saturday, 2nd August 2014
12:00 PM

Ground Situation

Alpha - The USMC attacked in the sector and due to Tank support it was able to regain lost ground in the northern part of the frontline sector.

Bravo - The frontline could be held during an enemy attack.

Charlie - The enemy could make some gains during another attack.

Delta - An enemy attack was repulsed with light casualties.

Echo - The enemy started another assault on the line of the USMC and this time the defenders could not hold the front and had to cede a large amount of territory. Although Hawthorne Airport is not completely lost yet, the enemy now controls at least two thirds of it.

Foxtrot - No hostilities.

1st Division suffered 90 casualties, thereof 26 dead, and received 47 replacements. The enemy had probably equal casualties.

Air Situation:

The USAF had the upper hand in the recent air combat. The superiority rating remains at 1.

Support Troops:

2nd and 3rd Air Wing are ready for duty. Tank and 2nd Recon Battalion as well as 1st Air Wing will be available at 12:30 PM, 1st Recon Battalion at 01:00 PM.

(Deadline is Saturday 4 PM Forum Time)

Shoot, Scoot, Communicate

OK, now what do you recommend, Division Commander?

We had success in sector A, but only one company in the Division is available for redeployment.
Where do you want the Fifth Regimental reserve deployed?

Please don't say F Sector, First Regiment garritroopers are too busy setting up their lawn chairs there.

1st Regimental Combat Patrol
F Sector, 1200 hrs. 02 Aug 14

Please don't say F Sector, First Regiment garritroopers are too busy setting up their lawn chairs there.

1st Regimental Combat Patrol
F Sector, 1200 hrs. 02 Aug 14

I can't help it that the aliens don't seem to like attacking all the nice beach babes, Sir. :D