• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hallow Eve

The situation in E has reached a Crisis point we cannot lose all that airport men let's reinforce and push the enemy back from the area.

Okey Dokie, Rodger Dodger.
The entire Division Infantry Reserve will commit to an advance in E sector.

Maybe even some of the other regiments will start creating a reserve for use in the following turn.
Stranger things have happened.

Sigh. Once more into the breach in sector E....

And bugwar - simply asking instead of posting snarky comments will yield better results.

2nd August 2014; 12:30 AM
Hawthorne Airport

The Airport had been evacuated for hours, with the staff personnel being flown south to Torrance Airport, from where the Division Command directed and monitored the progress of the battle.

During these hours they had witnessed, how the region around Hawthorne Airport was burned to ashes. Satellite images showed, that only a few buildings were left intact to the north and west of it, while most of the once densely populated area was more or less destroyed besides smoking and smouldering ruins.

Eight companies. The remnants of eight companies held the frontline versus an enemy, who was determined to push back the Marines and pay the price for it. On the other side the USMC defended every house and every yard of American territory. But despite the best efforts, the Marines had to slowly retreat.

Hawthorne Airport had to be abandoned. 15 hours had passed, since the first enemy units had tried to enter the Airfield for the first time. 15 hours of blood, sweat, tears and hundreds of casualties. The battle was neither over nor lost, but for the moment the Aliens had scored a point.

Saturday, 2nd August 2014
12:30 PM

Ground Situation:

Alpha - Both sides suffered light casualties, when an enemy attack occurred without gain for the Aliens.

Bravo - An enemy assault was repelled with light casualties.

Charlie - 2nd / 1st bravely defended the sector, but had to retreat a few yards in the center of it.

Delta - An enemy attack was stopped with light casualties.

Echo - Both sides called for air support and caused heavy casualties, but the enemy could gain more ground and now controls Hawthorne Airport.

Foxtrot - No hostilities

1st Division suffered 88 casualties, thereof 30 dead, and received 73 replacements. The enemy had probably equal casualties.

Air Situation:

The enemy air force had an advantage in the recent Air Combat, but the Superiority rating remains 1.

Support Troops:

All support troops are ready for duty except the 1st Recon Battalion, which will be available again at 01:00 PM

(Deadline is Tuesday 4 PM Forum Time)

My suggestion would be to send a company to E, hold there and use the rest of the troops in either D or F to threaten the flanks of the airport. That might work better than the direct approach.

Note to Game Master,

We can see where the Regimental commanders have placed their troops, and their tactics.
Could we also get an update on where the Division commander used his resources, along with their missions?

kthnx ;)

((I'm fine with taking anything that hasn't been taken, this just looks too cool to ignore))
I believe it is mostly a test playthrough with more limited numbers of players, casualties, troops, features, etc. I believe that after this, which I would say has been pretty successful, he plans to move onto something a little bigger. Please correct me if I am wrong, GM. :)

I believe it is mostly a test playthrough with more limited numbers of players, casualties, troops, features, etc. I believe that after this, which I would say has been pretty successful, he plans to move onto something a little bigger. Please correct me if I am wrong, GM. :)

This whole thing started as spinoff from another Alien Invasion Game, but I have to admit that I had the Basic System in the drawer, although it was initially designed for a third iteration of the "Vietnam Wargame", which had not come to life yet due to map issues.

But this version of the system is not really more limited. In the VWG had also been only four players with the same amount of troops, although there would have been helicopter instead of planes and artillery instead of IFV. The main difference had been, that the VWG would have had a vastly more offensive nature instead of defensive.

Last edited:
Saturday, 2nd August 2014
01:00 PM

Ground Situation:

Alpha - After an enemy attack, the enemy could make minor gains in the sector.

Bravo - The enemy could achieve a breakthrough and make significant gains.

Charlie - The frontline could be held against an enemy advance with light casualties.

Delta - The defending units had to retreat after an enemy attack.

Echo - An enemy assault was stopped, causing serious casualties among the enemy lines.

Foxtrot - Due to numerically superiority and Tank support, the USMC could make gains in the eastern part of the sector, advancing on Los Angeles International Airport.

1st Division suffered 84 casualties, thereof 24 dead, and received 66 replacements. The enemy had probably clearly higher casualties.

Air Situation:

The enemy air force had an advantage during the recent Air Combat and the Superiority level changed to 0.

Support Troops:

1st Recon Battalion as well as 1st and 3rd Air Wing are ready for duty. Tank and 2nd Recon Battalion as well as 2nd Air Wing will be available at 01:30 PM.

(Deadline is Thursday 4 PM Forum Time)

Cohesion Bonus

Units who train together, work in close coordination with each other, and do so for extended periods of time are
noted for gaining combat bonuses while continuing in that environment.

Officers were kept in command or other essential positions for extended periods in order to preserve unit cohesion
in preparation for and conduct of a rotation into a war theater.

Finally, the Army focused its training narrowly on a “road to war” preparation for deployment, again entirely necessarily.
The powerful argument to suspend professional education, narrow assignments and focus training reflected the realities of war.

The result: increased unit cohesion and stability in a unit’s set of leaders, and increased trust and competency that follow
from that cohesion, stability and the focused road to war training programs.

These conditions were huge combat multipliers, and the tactical performances of Army units and Army leadership were indicative of the positive results
of this cohesion-stability focused decision.

As such, the game could reflect this benefit.
Allow two companies from the same battalion working in the same sector a five percent combat bonus to each company.
If all three companies are present, allow a ten percent bonus.

Source: https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...pwRHQbLz4vxYri8R1fzac8A&bvm=bv.78677474,d.aWw

Let me think about it...ehm...no. :p

Lean management in terms of stats is the key to prevent GM burnout. :)