• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
First Brigade will be ready. I'll note that my companies in C are severely understrength and could use some rest. I'd advise against an attack there.

Lt. Col. Randakar has been placed under arrest and will be charged with failure to supervise and refusal to obey a lawful order.

Last edited:
Hammer Time

B is in a more reserve position than A but both have only 3 units present decide which and I will support.

Alrighty then.

I am shipping my reserve company to B sector for an Advance there. (The foe didn't do much last turn, maybe he is weak.)
All my other troops in the remaining sectors are going defensive.

Wish us luck!

I believe his XO, LTC Randakar is well briefed on the current tactical situation.

I'm here.

First Brigade will be ready. I'll note that my companies in C are severely understrength and could use some rest. I'd advise against an attack there.

Lt. Col. Randakar has been placed under arrest and will be charged with failure to supervise and refusal to obey a lawful order.

.. oh. Woops?

Saturday, 2nd August 2014
11:00 AM​

Ground Situation:

Alpha - The enemy attack was stopped with light casualties.

Bravo - Both sides tried to gain ground, but due to IFV- and Air Support, the USMC could push the enemy back and make gains in the southern part of the sector.

Charlie - The frontline could be held with only minor casualties.

Delta - An enemy attack was repulsed with minor casualties.

Echo - The enemy started an assault with massive air support, causing severe casualties among the defending units, resulting in territorial gains for the Aliens.

Foxtrot - No hostilities

1st Division suffered 98 casualties, thereof 33 dead, and received 73 replacements. The enemy had probably slightly lower casualties.

Air Situation:

The enemy gained an advantage during the recent air combat and the Superiority rating changed from 1 to 0.

Support Troops:

Tank and 2nd Recon Battalion as well as 1st and 3rd Air Wing report ready for duty. 1st Recon Battalion and 2nd Air Wing will be available again at 11:30 AM.

(Deadline is Monday 4 PM Forum Time)

Looks like the Division Commander's plan is working.

I can reinforce the attack in B sector this turn.

The other brigade commanders might want to form their own reserves to exploit openings and plug gaps.

Just sayin.

I don't like it that for the second time in a row the enemy had lower casualties. In any event, as 1st Regiment pulls out of E I don't think we can hold on to the airport for long and I am seriously considering not even trying (i.e. mobile defense).

Hmm it does seem like we have failed miserably to defend the Airport perhaps we should temporarilly cede ground there to enable more success in our couturier attack in the north then to follow up with massive counter attacks in the South.

So Gamemaster, have you come up with an exit strategy?
Ya know, like when the game will end?

Basically the Aliens will give up when they run out of reserves and the manpower ratio seriously turns against his favor. I don`t know exactly when this will happen, but there are still enough drones to sacrifice for a few more turns.

On the other hand the game also ends as soon as the Marines surrender. And, to be quite honest with you, your situation is hopeless. Absolutely hopeless. Better give up now.

:p

Humorless

On the other hand the game also ends as soon as the Marines surrender. And, to be quite honest with you, your situation is hopeless. Absolutely hopeless. Better give up now.

Give Up?

United States Marines, giving up?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHa!
(pause for breath)
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHa!
(pause for breath and to wipe away the tear)
Oh, you are such a kidder.

Now lead, follow, or get the hell out of our way.
We got a battle to win.

Or you could surrender. I am sure we could use a few spaceships so that our politicians can send back ... a strongly worded protest. Or might that be too offensive?

Saturday, 2nd August 2014
11:30 AM

Ground Situation:

Alpha - An enemy attack gained further ground and the defending units suffered light casualties.

Bravo - Due to Tank support the advancing units could gain more ground in the southern part of the sector.

Charlie - An enemy attack was repulsed with only minor casualties.

Delta - The defending units could not hold the frontline and retreated in the northern part of the sector.

Echo - An enemy assault could be repulsed and the enemy units suffered heavy casualties.

Foxtrot - No hostilities.

1st Division suffered 77 casualties, thereof 22 dead, and received 79 replacements. The enemy had probably slightly lower casualties.

Air Situation:

The USAF could gain the upper hand in the recent air combat, hence the Superiority rating changes from 0 to 1.

Support Troops:

All Support Troops are reporting for duty.

(Deadline is Wednesday, 4 PM Forum Time)

OK, the enemy finally beefed up Sector B.

I suggest that we switch to defense there, and send the two reserve companies to either A, C, or D, and attack in one of those.
In the interim, we can continue to pull single companies out of the lines to form new reserves.
Who knows, maybe that way some of the First Brigade hundred percenters will see some action.

Just sayin.

Oh, and good job on regaining air superiority. Care to try for level two?