• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Thanks for the quote. Trouble is this is not as full an answer as I would love to get... I know Paradox know about the issue, I know that fixing it properly requires not just a fix but a lot re-balancing so I'd love to hear if they are going to do it properly...

How are they supposed to know ahead of time whether it will be "done properly"? Isn't that like asking a Soccer player whether they're going to win next week's game? The post from the Devs makes it clear that they are already aware of the need for re-balancing. What more are they supposed to tell you? I don't understand your question.

Last time I checked, Norway had 5 VPs in Oslo and five in Narvik. And that was it.

Correct, i didnt check and havent played Germany for some time ;) Only Oslo and Narvik got VP's in SF. Bergen had VP's in HOI3.

How are they supposed to know ahead of time whether it will be "done properly"? Isn't that like asking a Soccer player whether they're going to win next week's game? The post from the Devs makes it clear that they are already aware of the need for re-balancing. What more are they supposed to tell you? I don't understand your question.
I'm sorry, maybe I phrased it wrongly, I mean whether they plan to do it properly (i.e. with all the necessary re-balancing) for 1.0 release of FTM. I would assume that there some time limitations in place, and with all the new features I wonder if this problem gets all the resources necessary now, or if this is something that will be solved at a later date.

A late reply but i had dropped HoI 3 from my list of interest a long time ago. The video diary sounds promising as the devs seem to finally have come to the conclusion that the game should be set in a reasonable ww2 environment. I like King's explanations on how they wish to heal the game's most disgusting failure (IMO) and believe them honestly trying to get feel and flavor into the game. FTM will require SF so i will buy the lot as soon as diplomacy and the mechanics for the ww2 era get to work.
Thumbs up - and a nice, sympathetic video appearance of King. It's always good to the the ones behind a matter. :)

Switzerland importing huge amounts of Portuguese tungsten on behalf of Germany! I didn't know that, interesting.

the hardcoded-faction orientated nature of the strategic resources i don't like (eg. 'have to be on the same continent to share'). instead they should be tradable like normal resources, but instead of going to a stockpile, give the bonus. then have a 'desired rate' of the resource to meet the requirements for the bonus, when this is at 100%, 100% of the bonus is given, but if for instance the convey is intercepted, only the % thats gets through will give that % of the bonus. using the japan example, it would be a waste for the german player to try and send resources to japan as they would be intercepted, but if the british navy were defeated, it would become a viable option

ambitious, perhaps, but i think would work better. this would also place greater emphasis and a more natural Atlantic sea scenario

This strategic resource system is very exciting, I'm sure it will add some flavour to the game. I also hope Hungary will get Aluminium 'cause we were amongst the top 3 producers in the game's timeframe. And please make a decision to make a choice who you want to replace Gyula Gömbös (head of government) who had fatal illness and died in 1936.

Germany did use neutrals such as Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and Turkey from much of its strategic material needs throughout most of the war. Also there was trade of such materials and technical trade (represented in the game now) between Germany and Japan, mostly through submarines. Not much material did make it through but there was enough to affect the war. I personally think there should be a mechanism for island nations such as Japan and UK to have full strategic trade - if you are going to penalize Japan then penalize everyone.