• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Semi-Lobster -

So many possibilities! What will Persia do next? Poor Henry though, the Shah's becoming a mini-Bismarck!

I told you this was a fun game with Persia! :) Henry surely has his work cut out for him, as does the Shah. Before all is said and done, I dare say Bismarck has nothing on this guy! :D

Thanks Mr. G 24 - I have a few posts "in the can" as it were, just in case RL gets a bit hairy for a few days (as it actually did this week - so the plan seems to be working in that regard.) I try to release one a day if I can, and so far so good. My only fear is that I am perhaps too consistent and that new readers may be put off by the length. :( I am certainly glad that this did not stop you in your initial endeavor to read. Glad you are following. :)

7. 1886-1891, …and West

The new year of 1886 brought the end of the 4th Franco-German War, this time with Germany taking possession of both Mulhausen and Strassburg. It appeared almost a fait accompli that soon the Hun would swallow France. But the Kaiser’s appetite seemed as limitless as the Shah’s. Yet again, Germany would take their victory and parlay this into another war with Russia. Though simply another border dispute lasting only a few months, the Shah began to think that only in Germany would Persia find a suitable ally among the European powers. Kabir, it seemed, had won out over Henry Strachen’s anglophile ways.

Feeling confident in the Persian army’s readiness and strength if a war of retribution were to knock on the door of Persia, the Shah began planning his first western advances. He and Amir Kabir sat many nights discussing the preferred angle of attack on the various western countries, most notably the area of ancient Mesopotamia. Kabir advocated a full out assault on the Turk that controlled this area, but the Shah was still uncertain of what forces the Ottoman’s had at their ready and thus desired a several point invasion when the time came.

Further, the Persian Navy, though growing, was still not sufficient to fight a larger power. It was, however, capable of ferrying troops over seas and thus the Shah decided that his first victim would be the small princedom of Abu Dhabi located across the Persian Gulf. This would give the Shah a spearhead onto the Arabian Peninsula and allow him to station large amounts of troops there for future campaigns, freeing up his transport ships for other action. Further, by controlling both sides of the entrance to the Persian Gulf, it would allow for protection of the provinces along the coast if an attack were to come by sea.

By May of 1886, all plans were formulated and a declaration of war was presented to tiny Abu Dhabi. Within three months, the Persian Army had yet again achieved quick and decisive victory. Annexed into the Persian Empire, additional troops were ferried over to garrison the newly conquered provinces. But the victory did not sit well with some of the lower class in Persia. In November of that year, a crowd of steel workers took to the streets of Irafshan demanding increased wages and safety regulations in their factory. The army had been called in to suppress the riots and a battle for the streets ensued. Though costly in lives for both sides, the Shah gained peace by instituting acceptable safety regulations for all factories across Persia.

It may have been an expensive capitulation, but it quieted the revolts for a time and this pleased Nasir al-Din. Further, the Shah was not to back down when an Academic circle complained at the General Assembly of the state censored press. Once again, the Shah’s man Kabir had stifled debate and tabled any motion that was presented to the body. Six months later, the leader of the circle was arrested and executed as a traitor. It was explained that he had secretly been embezzling important state documents and research to Russia. Though a completely false charge, this action would serve to quell the openness of certain groups opposing the Shah’s ruler ship. But it would increase the unrest among them and soon they began gathering in secret.

One such group, led by Seyyed Jamal-o-Din Asadabadi, would play a significant role in future events. Asadabadi had been a philosopher and politician very much in agreement with many of the Shah’s actions over the years. He too held the desire to see a unified Muslim entity able to counter-effect the European influence over the Middle East. But as strict laws were passed and censorship continued by the government, he slowly moved away from his support and gathered many like-minded thinkers and clerics to his call.

But the Shah was not concerned with revolt as much as he was the funding of his grand army and their mission. With further advances in industrial and military research, he would find the intake from taxes increasing monthly. Lowering them to keep the lowest classes in line, he would spend the bulk of this new revenue on the creation of The Arabian Army and two subsequent corps to support it.

The years of 1887 and 1888 would be spent on further acts of goodwill toward the Chinese, resulting in a declaration of support from them of Persia’s independence, and preparing for an all out assault on the scattered but fierce Bedouin tribes of the vast Arabian desert. The Shah and Kabir decided that subduing this region would begin the final preparations before taking on the Turk. Emboldened by the wars of the Netherlands during the past few years, both with Atjeh and Luxemburg, as well as unrest of the poor that took place on the British Isles, the Shah felt confident that soon his plan of action could be brought out into the open. Further, the continent itself would see yet another major war between Austria and Russia in mid 1888, allowing the Shah to take a chance that the European powers were not able to sufficiently counteract what would be an obvious act of hostility and greed. Soon after the 2nd Russo-Austrian War began, the Shah received word that his request for a defensive alliance would be honored by China. With this last piece in place to protect the homeland, the Shah ordered his troops into place.

In November of 1888, the Shah declared war on Nejd and sent his Arabian Army to take the desert. Landing additional troops in the north, the entire upper plains of Arabia were conquered and annexed by March of the following year. Though no European power would take to arms to combat this aggression, they would all voice their displeasure at the Shah’s behavior and strongly condemn Persia’s latest round of war. But the Shah was more interested to learn that the Ottoman Turks had now been weakened by the election of the People’s Union. Sensing that the time was right to finally gain control of the ancient seat of Baghdad, the Shah and Kabir would begin finalizing plans for this invasion.

However, it would be Henry Strachen, surprisingly enough, that would play the most important role in this planned adventure. During the following years, events both at home and abroad would draw attention away from the Shah’s intended goal and put off action until things could be sorted out.

As the few capitalists that lived in Persia grew more disenchanted with the Shah’s economic policies, they would begin to advocate regime change adding to the unrest among the citizenship of the country. In June of 1889, they would burn down the most profitable factory that existed in Persia. [OOC - A level 3 small-arms factory – it was extremely profitable and it put a major dent in my finances when it was destroyed*] It was Henry that finally sat down with them and concluded a peaceful end to their revolt.

And in September of 1889, the people of Mandvi, previously Kutch, would rise up and fight for independence, hoping to gain the protection of the British close by. It would take two weeks, and again the intervention of Strachen, to quell these revolts. Henry had promised to submit a proposal to the Shah for a possible land sale to the British if they would cease their hostile actions and return to work. Though the Shah would listen to Henry on this matter, it would be Kabir that convinced Nasir al-Din to reject any such proposal.

As the year closed out, world events would also play into the Shah’s thinking and planning. Spain had gone to war with Morocco once again, and had easily subdued the ill-prepared Sultan in less than a year. Parma had attempted to take advantage of Austria’s possible weakened state by joining the Russian-Swedish alliance; a poorly formed choice as they were swallowed whole by Austria within two months. Brazil had put an end to the monarchy just one year after abolishing slavery in the country. And the United States would begin the 5th Mexican-American War in September of 1890. With all of these events occurring so closely together, the Shah began to feel that it was time, once again, to put his Ottoman plan of attack into action. It would be Henry Strachen that undertook the important missions that would make this happen without retribution from other great powers.

With Germany declaring war on France once again, beginning the 5th Franco-German War in the spring of 1891, the Shah was ready to begin his assault. Though China had been at war with Korea for the past six months, he felt certain that they would back Persia were a power to declare war, and with Henry Strachen’s diplomatic contacts, Nasir al-Din watched as the weather grew warmer. Though impatient, as he would have liked to begin before the sun was too hot over the desert, he would let nothing stand in the way of his goals. Awaiting word from Henry, who had traveled overseas to ensure neutrality from the British and Russians, would be the only thing that kept the Shah’s army at bay. Once the expected letter arrived, Nasir al-Din had an order that he had longed to give. At such time, the Turk would find what many before him found…the excellent training and cold steel of the Persian Army.

Persian Empire in 1891

OOC* - Of course this shows the stupidity of overly relying on one factory for any given good. It was eventually rebuilt as I had several thousand cratfsmen and clerks clamoring for jobs all the sudden. :eek: :(

Excellent updates. I don't get to check the victoria forum often enough to keep up with all the great AARs, but this is definately one of them.

Thank you Machiavellian - that is certainly a compliment coming from you. I quite enjoy yours as well. :)

I'm trying to get a screenshot bonanza prepared for you as we have reached the mid-point of the game (more or less.) However, I seem to be having an issue with either my computer or my screenshot host (go figure :rolleyes: ) As soon as I am able, I will try to put that out.

Thanks once again for reading - one and all. :D

Edit - and after 19 months, I finally made Captain with this post! :rofl: :D Hey - slow but steady wins the race, right? ;)

Screenshot Bonanza

First, I'd like to extend my thanks to Anibal who was kind enough to include some insight in the screenshot techniques thread. I was slightly taken aback when the AAR forums were merged, but I think it is a change for the better. One, there might be a bit more cross-over between the games, which can't be bad; and two, some older, perhaps forgotten threads will be revived.

Because of his kindness, I have been able to adjust my own screenshot technique and it appears I will now be able to place my shots directly in the AAR. So without further ado,

The State of the Empire of Persia in 1891
1891PersianState.jpg

The Empire of Persia's Foreign Relations
1891Relations2.jpg

The Empire of Persia's Economy
1891Economy.jpg

Afghanistan's Factories
1891AfghanistanFactories.jpg

I felt that last shot to be most important. Afghanistan has become my most valuable state, both in manpower and factory output. It would be interesting to see an AAR about their attempts at regional dominance, or at least survival. :cool:

Anyway, chew on those for a piece. That should give you a decent idea about where Persia stands right now. I may or may not go back and fix the previous shots, but I should hopefully have both semi-regular shots going forward and might even have that purty lookin' AAR I was talking about before. :D

Post Script: Thank you Semi-Lobster. You posted while I was trying to build this monster post. Phew! :rolleyes: Fun with Computers Day, it seems. :wacko:

Yes - it's very strange indeed. I don't think I increased my amount of clergy as much I perhaps should have. It was just another management decision - I was spending far more time building up infrastructure and army and just kind of let the people do what they wanted. It was fairly easy to keep up with the revolts for those that were not happy so it never really presented too much of a problem until the later stages of the game (which we will cover as this AAR goes forth).

In story terms, I look at it like this - given the direction of this Persia as opposed to the historical one, it might make sense that they would become less religious and perhaps more liberal and capitalistic; but eventually everyone starts to grow unhappy with the Shah and his Assembly - craftsmen and clerks, laborers and farmers, aristocrats and clergy. But does Nasir al-Din care? He might soon. ;)

Interlude
July 1891

London.jpg

Henry Strachen sat at a table in the Boar’s Head, his favorite tavern to frequent when he was able to travel home to London. He enjoyed the ambiance, generally very quiet or extremely boisterous, usually coinciding with the time of day. This was early afternoon, so the only patrons were diehard loyalists and a few diplomats, as the tavern was located close to the offices of government.

Henry had located a table off to the side in order to achieve some privacy for his next meeting. He had already sat with Lord Richard Wilson and the Lord’s man Silas Fleming for the better part of two hours. They had discussed world events, most notably the Persian Shah’s latest round of wars, and Lord Wilson was quite keen to know of the Shah’s future plans. Though Henry was not at liberty to discuss them in detail, his mission was to secure a friendly waiver of the intended attack on the Ottoman’s and given the British Empire’s long-lasting support of the dying country, it was imperative that Henry achieve his goal.

Through several pints of very good ale and much discussion, terms had been agreed to. The Shah would cease his advances onto the Indian subcontinent in return for a pledge to allow freedom of movement in the Near East. As a possible clash between the empires of Persia and the Turk would not alter the balance of power within Europe, it was an easy pledge to make, especially as it would allow Her Majesty to feel more secure of her Empire in Asia. Though the Queen might be questioned for a lack of support where it had previously been generous, Lord Wilson and Henry Strachen had agreed that no one would look too poorly on a war between two regional powers.

Throughout the meeting, Silas Fleming had remained quiet other than his outbursts of “Ahh” after each draught of ale. By the time the gentlemen had concluded their meeting, Fleming was rather inebriated and left with a parting shot,

“Mind you keeep your eyes on that man of yours, old boy. urp His liable to bring the whhole world to war if he’s not careful urp ... the baastard.” Henry would overlook the comment, mostly because he agreed with it.

As he sat looking at a painting on the wall above the bar, he felt himself overcome by the drink, but he quickly came about when he spied his old Russian friend Colonel, now General Petrovsky enter the tavern. Gaining eye contact with Henry, the old soldier found his way to the table. Henry could tell that his limb had grown worse since their previous meeting. As the General sat down, he sighed in relief and quickly raised his arm to signal for a pint of his own.

“I do so love the beer in this country of yours, Strachen. It is no vodka, but it finds itself very friendly in my system,” the general exclaimed.

“How goes it, Petrovsky?” Henry asked him.

“I have seen better days, my old friend. These wars with Germany and Austria tire me out and I find I have less time for exercise that I used to. Unless you call traveling by train daily as exercise.”

“I dare say not. I, myself, can’t stand the practice. But I understand there is a new invention on the horizon that night cut down on such.”

“Bah! I do not know what that could be. Give me my horse. She’ll do just fine.” A man brought the general his ale and left the men to talk. Henry allowed Petrovsky to quaff a bit before getting down to business.

“I suppose you wonder why I have asked you to meet me here today?”

“What? You don’t wish to simply enjoy my company?”

“Of course, old boy, but I have business to attend to as well.”

“Still as serious as ever Henry? I would have thought your marriage would have lightened your mood.”

“Letitia has brought me much joy these last years, but times are grave and I cannot afford to be merry as much as I wish.”

“What calamity is at hand now? Has your Shah decided to make war with your Queen?”

“I should hope not. He should find himself very much deposed at such time, I dare say.”

“Well, he has you to thank for that, to be sure.”

“Quite. But I cannot convince him of everything, nor can I hold the wolves here at bay forever. Were it to come down to it, I should not like to take sides.”

“But you must, Henry. As uptight as your people seem sometimes, they are far superior to those heathens down south. I know you value the culture there far more than I, but you must agree that the side you would take would not pose too difficult a question?”

Henry was quiet for a moment and then spoke,

“General, please allow me to come to the point. For a few years now, your country and the Shah have been of mutual understanding regarding the eastern question. Both would like to see the Ottomans removed from power or at least reduced in size. My Shah has developed plans for such action and as we speak is readying his forces to take war to the Turk. He has assured Her Majesty, as well as the other powers, that his only objective is the end of Turkish rule in Mesopotamia.

“I have secured for him a pledge of non-interference from these powers and would like to gain the same from your Tsar. Further, I must request that he honor his pledge to allow Persian troops to travel on Russian soil, else the army would never be able to bring the Turks to their knees. What say you on these developments?” General Petrovsky downed his ale and ordered another as he thought about Henry’s statement.

“I see you are backing the Shah in these endeavors.”

Quickly Henry replied, “Not so much backing as doing my job. Being in the Shah’s employ is not an easy post, but it has brought me many riches and years of foreign travel and import. I shall not attempt to shirk these duties now that one or two issues have arrived between the Shah and myself. What kind of man would I be if I were to do so?”

“Perhaps a man of principle?” These last words stung Henry, as he knew them to be true.

“Sir, if I am not principled, would you be seated across from me?”

“Da. If I allowed that to dictate my acquaintances, I would have none indeed.” As both men laughed at this, the tone of the conversation lightened.

“Henry, listen to me. The Tsar has more important things to think on presently and should not interfere with the Shah’s actions. But sooner or later, this decision of yours will come to pass. I will not ask you again, but you must give thought to your influence on the Shah and position at home. Even if you did not support the man, many could look less than kindly upon your previous backing and come to the conclusion that you cannot be trusted. Were any other Russian man sitting across the table from you, your questions would not be so kindly answered, I assure you.”

“And I value our friendship for that and many other reasons,” Henry replied. “Your points do not go unheeded, I assure you. But if I am to keep any influence that I may still have, I must return to my Shah positive news of this meeting. Else I might find my return trip to Persia a short stay in the extreme.”

“I am sure your wife would be more than happy to return to England.”

“I’m not sure a return would be the outcome.”

“Do you suggest that he might have you imprisoned?” Not receiving a reply from Henry, he continued, “What? Death?”

“Quite. You have nailed it, sir. The Shah is not a man to take chances, don’t you know? He shall do whatever it takes to keep his power and punish any man that challenges that. I must keep my head about me and continue to force the issue with that damned Kabir.”

“Ah yes, the so called prime minister. This is a joke, da?”

“You are correct. And I shall see him fall from grace if it is the last thing I accomplish for Nasir al-Din Shah.”

“Then you are a brave man, Henry Strachen. Brave indeed.”

“Brave, you say? I’m not sure I would concur, but contrary to your assumptions, I am principled and I shall see this through. But for that, I must make sure that we are in agreement.”

“Of course. I’ve told you of our position. You shall find no truck with us, my dear Henry. The Tsar will even allow the use of our less than adequate railway to send your men north. Is this assurance enough?”

“Sir, you do me a great honor in this help and I shall not ever forget it. I pray that your current war is over soon so that you might, once again, enjoy a peaceful life.”

“Hrmph. Peaceful life? I know nothing of this. Never have. I wonder…why is it that Russia is always at war when we meet?” the general asked.

“That, sir, is a question for your Germanic neighbors and not myself. But pray good luck. I should like to see both of our countries at peace very soon.”

“Then you had better move much more slyly against Kabir or your wish will not come true anytime soon. But luck be with you too, Henry. I apologize, but I must go and meet with the Swedes. They complain of our help in the Baltic and there is nothing worse than a angry Swede, except for my wife…that is most definitely worse!” The general rose and saluted Henry before walking out of the tavern. Henry watched him as he made his way back to the entrance and noted that his frame seemed slighter than before as well. “Years of warfare can do that to a man,” he thought to himself.

Henry ordered another ale and sat for a piece before sending a cable to the Shah. The war would be on, and the Turk most likely subdued in short order. But how long would the peace last after that? Tossing back the rest of his drink, he rose to his feet and dropped some coins on the table. Gathering his belongings, Henry walked out of the tavern on his way to send word to Nasir al-Din that his plan could be put into action. As he exited the bar, he said out loud to no one in particular,

“How long indeed.”

Last edited:
8. 1891-1895, The Turko-Persian War and Aftermath

In July of 1891, Nasir al-Din Shah received word from Henry Strachen that he would not be opposed by any great power were he to invade the Ottoman Empire’s Mesopotamian holdings. Within days he had his armies on the march. Six main divisions, some 400,000 soldiers, were involved in the attack.

MesopotamianAttack.jpg

By the 21st of August, the only major Ottoman force, some 1,000 men stationed in Basrah, had been overrun and the provinces of Basrah, Iman Zahkri, Suk el Sheyk and Mendeli had been subdued, quickly followed by Hillah in northwestern Mesopotamia. The Army of Arabia quickly raced towards Baghdad as the remaining armies positioned themselves for attacks on the Anatolian Peninsula.

TurkoPersianWar.jpg

In October, the remaining opposition had died down in Baghdad, and Kars had been occupied, while the rest of the army overran the limited Ottoman forces guarding the remaining Ottoman/Russian border. Slowly moving from province to province, the Shah’s armies had occupied the eastern half of the peninsula by the spring of 1892, convincing Serbia, the Ottoman’s only ally, to pull out of the war. By March, Persian forces held Ankara, by April they held Adana and by May they held Karaman.

In June, as The Northern Army of Persia occupied Kastamonu, a cease fire agreement was sent to the People’s Union, demanding their former possessions in Mesopotamia. This was ignored, and the Ottoman forces began to gather for an offensive themselves. They had won several naval battles, both near the Persian Gulf and in the Gulf of Oman, but they had not stepped foot onto Persian soil and could not hold the line against the superior Persian forces.

Throughout the summer, other major hostilities were ending throughout the world. The United States had strongly suggested that Guatemala cease her support of Mexico, and after several key victories by US forces, this call was heeded. Austria was able to remove Swedish support for Russia, though Russia fought on valiantly. And Germany, who in February had taken five more provinces from their peace with France, as if on clockwork, turned back around on the Russian bear, declaring war and then, quickly tiring of that weekend jaunt, ceased hostilities altogether. Of course, this would not last long. Even China agreed to peace with Korea, shaming the small peninsula to the world.

With the winter approaching, the Shah’s forces were taking Uskudar and Hamidiye, while the main Army of Persia was marching on Konstantiniyye. Engaging the largest Turkish force yet of the war in November, the Ottoman armies were quickly swept aside and the Persians began investment of the city. By the 3rd of December, Konstantiniyye would be in Persian hands and the Ottomans agreed to peace the very next day.

In the peace, the Shah took the entire Mesopotamian area into Persian control. He quickly began the work of setting up railroads and other infrastructure that would bring it in line with the rest of the country. Henry Strachen had marveled how backward the Turks really were after he saw the squalor in which the people of this storied area had been living. It would turn out to be a very good year for Nasir al-Din Shah, as he learned that scientists had developed a manner of producing cheap iron in this same month.

With the success of the war, Nasir al-Din was praised by some in Persia as the liberator of the Muslim world. Supporting the idea of a new military academy at the beginning of 1893, these people began to look slightly more favorable towards the Shah. Further, the international community was relieved to learn that pure territorial ambition had not been all the Shah had desired. After all, he had relinquished control to the Anatolian Peninsula even though he held most of it when peace was agreed.

But some would question his immediate demand towards Egypt that they cease any development of colonies in Africa in March of 1893. Egypt would reject this call, and relations dropped precipitously. The rest of the year would be spent quelling several riots in Kerman and continued development of Mesopotamia, drawn into the Empire as three separate states. Elsewhere, The United States would achieve victory in the 5th Mexican-American war, finally driving to the Pacific Coast and annexing Hawaii late in the year, while the People’s Union, despite the embarrassing loss to Persia, would be re-elected as the Ottoman’s ruling body. Also in this year, China would once again agree to a defensive alliance after seeing how well the Persian Army had fought in the Turko-Persian War.

As the year 1894 came and went, the Shah primarily focused on projects in the conquered territories and his further letters towards the recalcitrant Egyptians. Yet again, they would deny the Shah’s request of no further colonial activity. Henry Strachen would begin to argue with the Shah over his increased demands, but to no avail. Amir Kabir had the Shah’s ear and the prime minister was telling the Shah that Egypt stood in the way. Though revolts were few in this year, several of the opposition groups, meeting in secret, began to resurface and gathered more followers to their cause.

These groups consisted of many factions, both secular and religious. But most of them simply opposed the Shah’s continual policy of territorial advancement. The United States and China did not see this as clearly, as relations between these countries increased well throughout this year and into the next. But the people of Persia grew more and more weary of working hard in the unforgiving factories and fields as they saw their taxed income spent mostly on warfare while little was spent on social programs.

It was impossible for the Shah to keep western ideas out of his country if he was to fund his foreign policy. He needed western ideas for military advancement, and this meant that other ideas would enter the public sentiment at some point too. Socialists and Anarchists grew in number and by 1895, held a feared yet secure place in the populace. Further, the clerics would continue to resent the Shah’s liberal reforms from decades past, which they saw only leading to increased secularization and materialism. He would try to keep the general mood of the country placated by small gestures in tax relief and even opening a public museum to showcase the many ancient artifacts uncovered from the Mesopotamian annexation.

However, very little could quell the spirit of unrest that simmered just below the surface of the population of Persia. She had grown large, but this only increased the number of disaffected people. She had developed a powerful industrial base, but this only served to alienate people from their land. She had built a powerful army, but this only served to instill fear into both Persians and neighbors alike. In late 1895, Sweden would rejoin Russia in her fight against the Austrians and Henry Strachen would feel bad for his friend Petrovsky. But he knew that Petrovsky’s world of war was not that far off from his own sense of dread as he watched the mood of the country begin to bubble. Would it boil over? Or could he convince the Shah to turn the heat down just in time?

OOC - OK, I must admit that I cheated slightly. I had been periodically checking the diplomatic relationships of the Ottoman Empire and noticed that sometime after 1870 the British had stopped guaranteing their independence. After positioning myself to invade, I checked once again and those sneaky Brits had once again promised the Turks protection. Needless to say, this royally pissed me off as I was not yet prepared to take on the large British army watching me from India. Thus the reason I have a save game from just before the Ottoman War. Yes, to my undying shame, I hacked the save file and removed their guarantee. I think it fits better within the story anyway, especially providing me with material for the preceeding Interlude. But I had to confess - hey, the truth will set you free, right?

Also not mentioned above, but pointed out in the screenshot was the occupation of the Ottoman's only colony on the Arabian Peninsula. The two located above it are Russian. And you can bet that Nasir al-Din lusts mightily after them. But will he do anything about it? We shall see.
;)

Well if you did it to advance your fantastic plot theres no harm there. Just don't do it too much. Great updates are very common in this AAR! did you annex the Hedjaz, if not for the prestige, then, at least for another launching point to attack Egypt!

coz1 returns to his AAR to answer a question with his head still hung low from his poor gamesmenship

Semi-Lobster - All will be revealed in due time. ;)

Thanks so much for your continued support!! :D

Nice AAR coz....took me awhile to catch up...but nice :)

See - I knew that might pose a problem. I tend to write a little everyday and I hate to keep too many installmemts in the can at once. Should I slow down? Maybe that's why so many people have multiple AARs. :)

Glad you all have enjoyed it thus far. Even if I need to hold back on the updates a bit, it will be tough as things start to get really exciting now.

hey it's the highlight of my morning to come and see if there are any updates...

I havn't been posting as Semi-Lobster has but I've probably been reading just as often.. I'm also learning much about the game as I'm going along too...

I've also on occation had to go into the save file.. I've noticed a bug where if your building a colony building and you have a revolt in the province the building never gets finished. I've had to go in and manually finish those buildings.

I'm doing and American campaign right now and also had to go in and force the Spanish-American war event. I however was not paying attention to the gaurantee independance from France and basicly started a war that rivaled the scope of the 1914 war scenario.

I declared war on Spain and France immediatly reciprocated by decaring war on me.. ( France and I haven't gotten along very well at all competeing for colonies in Africa.) less than a week later Britain wanting to take advantage of me controlling the suez and my African armies asked for an alliance agreeing to enter the war on my behalf against france and spain for my help against the Boers. Germany not to be outdone declared war on France independantly.. by the end. I had all the spanish colonies I wanted, and most of the western French African holdings as a bounus. Britain defeated the boers but didn't annex for some reason... probably becasue they took about half the Iberian pinnesula from spain.. and germany ended up with the Alscace- Lorraine Valley.

funny thing this scenario as we draw near to 1914 its a British, American, German, alliance against a Russian, Austrian, French alliance... China and Brazil are the other two great powers.

Thanks LKS Sierra. I generally don't do too much hacking, or even modding. I like to play the game as the designers intended, at least at first. Occasionally though, I will alter some events or something to make the scenario more realistic but not much, and with EU2 I eventually got into the EEP and other mods. This situation was simply me getting fed up with the sneaky Brits going behind my back and trying to mess up my war plans. I wasn't having it. I wanted to fight them, but not yet!

You probably won't learn too much from my game because it was played on 1.01 and I understand 1.02 is much different. In some ways, that may be why I am trying to get chapters up everyday - I want to test out 1.02 and I fear that if I start playing it, I might go too long without updating this. Wouldn't want that, would we? :)