• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
It looks very nice, but I have an @symbol in my GG name and cannot login unless I change my account name :(

I have a quick question that doesn't really pertain to DLC, but seems like it might be addressed by y'all...is the game manual accessed from this new "launcher" as well, or in game? I looked at GG to download a pdf version and can't find it...

I haven't been able to play the game yet as I have to work, but is the only other new dlc the music? And this can be accessed during a game?

It looks very nice, but I have an @symbol in my GG name and cannot login unless I change my account name :(

My GG name is (almost) identical to my Pdox username (with Chinese characters and everything), and I can still log in.

The Gamersgate DLC part in CK2 must be the most smooth I have ever seen. Many companies can learn from this. Still I'm not a fan of tons of mini DLC's though.

Well done Paradox, I'm curious will the Albion soundtracks play in Scotland? Already bought the faith music score, this is so exciting. I have to say, the only thing that made me feel weird was seeing my password typed.

First, I hate the DLC model, but with that being said . . . this is very well implemented. I like it. Unfortunately for my hate of the model the ease of perusing additional DLC means I may get suckered into buying one or two. The ease with which you can look over available DLCs is great and the fact you turn them off or on at you whim, wonderful.

Does those cosmetic DLCs change checksum? I think they don't, but just to be sure...

Good question. I'm thinking about buying CK2, and I'm a little hazy on how the DLC affects the game. Can you play with people who don't buy the DLC? Is it purely cosmetic?

Is there a list somewhere of what the DLC is?

uhm, what exactly is new? I've been downloading DLCs from ingame GG store from HoI3 one year and a half ago...

There is a glitch actually, if you bought the game from GG when you launch the first time it will say that the 2 DLCs are installed but it's not true, you must actually "reinstall" them to install them.

The checksum didn't change but anyways there are optional when you launch the game, so if you want to play multiplayer and be sure there is no conflict you can launch the game without them.

Love the fact that I can spend my unused blue coins from GG on DLCs for that game. Gives me a reason to spend them. :)

Love the fact that I can spend my unused blue coins from GG on DLCs for that game. Gives me a reason to spend them. :)

Agreed!

You cannot back up DLC content and just copy it to another computer without internet access.

However, you can install the game and DLC, start the game once after all DLC has been installed, and _then_ disconnect that computer. The DLC will then have been verified for that computer and you can play the game in offline mode.

It seems like the good people at Paradox have now embraced the concept of DRM for their in-house developed games.

:(

That saddens me a bit. I always liked the fact that as a customer of Paradox games I had total control over my purchases.

Oh well, things change...

PS: CKII is great!