• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
April 1941 preparing for Barbarossa...but the Britts are performing a navel invasion...
No problem with that, but it seems very strange that 7 (!) German divisions (with 1 Panzer, 2 mot and 4 inf all with brigades, defensive leaders...) in Rotterdam barely can stop 12 English divisions (inf and Mil) who have no airsupport.....:wacko:

It is explained in the scenario description IIRC. The trans-siberian was not achieved, it ended in Irkutsk. So, it is WAD that the Russian reinforcements had to walk from there.

i played japan in this scenario. and i saw the russian headquartars at the border, shortly after it arrived in irtutsk. so, the ai has an unfair advantage over the player as it theems that it can stratetically redeploy. is this intendet that way?

April 1941 preparing for Barbarossa...but the Britts are performing a navel invasion...
No problem with that, but it seems very strange that 7 (!) German divisions (with 1 Panzer, 2 mot and 4 inf all with brigades, defensive leaders...) in Rotterdam barely can stop 12 English divisions (inf and Mil) who have no airsupport.....:wacko:

Give it some time. I think the bar that shows who's winning a combat doesn't take GDE into account. Playing as Germany, I often see fights that I start out losing and then end up winning.

i played japan in this scenario. and i saw the russian headquartars at the border, shortly after it arrived in irtutsk. so, the ai has an unfair advantage over the player as it theems that it can stratetically redeploy. is this intendet that way?
I kind of remember this (I tried the scenario, both sides, easy win with Japan, noticeably more difficult with the Russian). IMO, the key province is the one with the beach NorthWest of Port Arthur. The side controlling it wins. I can' t check for now, I'm not on a PC.
Edit: I may have been wrong. IIRC now, human Japan couldn't do an amphibious assault when I tested the scenario, while AI could. As Japan, I had to walk to this province.

Last edited:
In my game, AI GER won the war against SOV in 4 months only! Then, after a bunch of years, DoW'ed SOV again and annexed it. Meanwhile, passed through Iraq, Palestine and conquered all Africa. It's 1950 now and there's no hope for the Allies to win this conflict, but the war goes on...

just wondering do ai controlled nations change their policy sliders because they dont seem to? when i play as a country and save the game and load up as another country from that save game it tells me that i can move a slider so that indicates to me the ai arent doing so?

November 1941.
Started barbarossa in June with great succes after very hard fighting (destroyed more or less 150 Boljsevik divisions in Belarus).
After 3 days or so the USA declared war on me ! Damn those Yankees !
Heeresgruppe Nord took Leningrad, Heeresgruppe Süd took Kiev and surounded Odessa-region, Heeresgruppe Mitte came near to Moscow...but the tide has turned...

Heeresgruppe Nord; The Leibstandarte who was in Leningrad was attacked by 6 (!!!) Russian Panzer Division (al with T-34), only thanks to the reserves the city was saved.
Heeresgruppe Mitte; has a hard time with a lot of hard counterattacks but they stand their ground so far.
Heeresgruppe Süd ; big troubles here !Surrounding of Odessa-region will fail because of very hard counterattacks. To make things worse, the Russians have pushed back my Romanian and Hungarian alies and already took some provinces in Romania and one in Hungarya ! i have no reserves more in the South.

Afrikakorps stand their ground but an offensive is impossible. Stopped navel invasions in Norway and greece.
No big problems for the luftwaffe in the West so far.
Defense of Italy by the italians is a disaster, Brittons took already one province...damn those Italians !

Nice game so far ! :cool:

Last edited:
It's better this way. The Italians failed everything and everywhere in the war and the AI should reflect this.
The Italian failed but the beaches were guarded. Your reasoning is like the French were so cowards that even they had superior arms and more divisions they lost.

Excellent. For the first time in one HOI2 game I see correct borders of Yugoslavia, after the event "Bulgaria switch sides". Usually some yugoslavia core province remain into Bulgaria after that event, what is not historically correct.
Just one more thing.
It would be nice to keep it as a possibility of creating a communist Yugoslavia, if Belgrade fall into the hands of the Soviets or the Allies. Maybe partisans.
Probably with some 40-60 divisions, one light armored. Yugoslavia in 1945 had 800,000 soldiers. Only the military power of the Soviet Union, United States and Great Britain exceeded these figures, if we look only allies forces. Space in front from Hungary to the Adriatic Sea, represented a zone of responsibility of the Yugoslav Army, where she beat the Germans and their allies. She managed to reach parts of present-day Italy and Austria, which is one point that could easily be the cause of the beginning of the World War III. With the support of the Soviet Union, yugoslav authorities claimed that the area belongs to Yugoslavia. The conflict was avoided only because of strong Russian pressure on Yugoslavia, so that is the reason why Yugoslav army left Trieste and Carinthia.
Also, when it says partisans and partisan activity, I only know for one in Yugoslavia, communist and royalist. Partisans in Russia see as part of the Soviet forces. I think they are not well represented in the game.

Creating a strong Yugoslavia would also be useful for game functionality. Soviet tank armies hardly need to chase the Germans over the Balkans, after a break from Romania. They simply go to Budapest and Vienna, as historically was the case. Work on the Balkan, finishing Yugoslav people army.

Last edited:
Currently beated by german forces as France, with WiF mod ... Damn, already 2 000 000 deaths, only to be evacuated in Corsica x)
THIS happen when a newbie tries World in Flames :p .

One of my favorite changes was the change to terrain and weather combat. I really like how mountaineer divisions are useful on offense during the winter for example. Before the defender always had a ridiculous advantage, but now that is not the case always. Same goes for fighting in moutains/jungles/etc with the proper units.

After one '33 game as Germany, and another one as USSR, there is one simple thing which seems to be somewhat weird. Namely the way mobile units are ideally used, and how AI seems to be incapable of actually committing them properly, or defend against such thrust. Obviously not everything was smooth sailing in an ocean filled with roses, but once I managed to secure one (or two) breakthroughs to exploit with mobile units, any hypothetical reserves or second line units were either drawn to the front during the actual battle, or they throwing up their arms so to speak. I am not sure whether it is because of feint attacks launched (as costly as they might have been at times, especially as Sov) to attempt to shift AI's focus before the actual breakthrough occurred, or simply because of AI files and\or code is still being updated, but once you can make a decisive breakthrough with fresh, concentrated mobile force (or two) you have practically won the game. Didn't matter whether it was France, or even Germany as Sov, I marched to Berlin in just few months after I trapped around ½ of their entire strength @ Eastern Front in few pockets. Needless to say it was quite bloody affair to begin with on my side.

1.03 RC1 w/o mods run on both times, by the way. Other than that tl;dr first impression: positive. Combat changes especially have been welcome.

One of my favorite changes was the change to terrain and weather combat. I really like how mountaineer divisions are useful on offense during the winter for example. Before the defender always had a ridiculous advantage, but now that is not the case always. Same goes for fighting in moutains/jungles/etc with the proper units.

Again, I have 11 infantry division - model 1951, plus HQ division; somewhere in Persia. Mountain province. Fieldmarshal Timoshenko command them. Dugg in. Adopted german mobility doctrine, so GDE is 110%. No flanking.

Combination of 8 india militia units, model 1942, with few infantry division, killing me softly with his song. It's a miracle.