• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Anyone else feel the US are way too passive? I haven't seen them do D-Day (only UK) and they were completely passive in the Pacific, didn't even try to take my (Japanese) islands and sent their carriers one by one to a doomstack I had waiting at Hawaii. It was so boring when they didn't even try to defend themselves.

Anyone else feel the US are way too passive? I haven't seen them do D-Day (only UK) and they were completely passive in the Pacific, didn't even try to take my (Japanese) islands and sent their carriers one by one to a doomstack I had waiting at Hawaii. It was so boring when they didn't even try to defend themselves.
It's been like that since Hearts of Iron 1, friend.

No problems noticed with that. Its just that USA has such a tiny army and the AI only expands the conscription laws in 1-year steps after danzig or war. So, August 1940 they get selective conscription (and their first manpower) and they usually build some crap with that, but can't fully start their production until you dow them. Then it takes them some months to build an army after mobilization before they actually can start doing something.

like this new patch alot one thing thought i noticed germany build up alot factories by 1938 they have around 280 anyone else notice that .
Opposite for me. Germany builds almost no factorys and pumps troops since 1933, while the allies go on industry builds oO

EDIT: A bit of premature grumbling from me.

EDIT 2: Ok, the problem seems to be that the German advance tends to smash up the infrastructure so badly in France that you can't get anywhere. It's now apparently going to take me till early December to reach Paris even if my soldiers make a straight sprint from the French-Belgian border through Sedan to Paris from late September. Soldiers seem to move far too slowly.

Last edited:
Really? I was playing Germany '36 earlier today, I declared war on Benelux on April 1st and took Paris in about 6-8 weeks. Although it was another month or two before France completely capitulated.

After playing so much...

*1914 scenario sucks.
*the scenarios of world war II are so epic and accurate :D
*the germany has too low organization
*Every time in 1933 China destroy Japan
*Casualty sistem is epic :D
*I can't choose who wins the july 20 coup!I really don't like this lack of option
*Submarines don't are so powerfull in 1914 :D very Good
*UK continue with no garrisons in his beaches...

IN total the patch is good. I give to them 7.00

Last edited:
Why you think 1914 sucks?

The scenario is very accurate in China.But in Europa I saw this problems:
In real life:
Ottoman Empire Join the Central powers in 1914.In january of 1915 the Suez Ofensive Starts.
In DH AI
The Ottomans never joins the central power
In DH Player:
My first troop to reach sinai is totaly desorganized and only reach in march of 1915.

I see so much problems like the germans getting destroyed in belgium,France declaring war in switzerland,Usa invading Mexico,a Huge stack of british soldiers landing in Palestine!

This problems are examples,but have others.

The scenario is very accurate in China.But in Europa I saw this problems:
In real life:
Ottoman Empire Join the Central powers in 1914.In january of 1915 the Suez Ofensive Starts.
In DH AI
The Ottomans never joins the central power
In DH Player:
My first troop to reach sinai is totaly desorganized and only reach in march of 1915.
Sounds fine. If you learned history, you would know that Ottoman entry in WW1 was not set in stone but based on many negotiations and even unpredictable outcomes.
In this case, both Ottomans and Germans must strive towards the same objective. If one of them decide to be more cautious, then the collaborations will end.

I see so much problems like the germans getting destroyed in belgium,
It could happen, it was a gamble that in the end didn't pay off and the chances of encirclement are always high in such an operation.
France declaring war in switzerland
Historical, it is one of French plans to answer to a war with Germany (Germany had a similar plan too)
Usa invading Mexico
Historical, Pancho Villa expedition.
a Huge stack of british soldiers landing in Palestine!
Nothing wrong with this, it happened.

Sounds fine. If you learned history, you would know that Ottoman entry in WW1 was not set in stone but based on many negotiations and even unpredictable outcomes.
In this case, both Ottomans and Germans must strive towards the same objective. If one of them decide to be more cautious, then the collaborations will end.

It could happen, it was a gamble that in the end didn't pay off and the chances of encirclement are always high in such an operation.

Historical, it is one of French plans to answer to a war with Germany (Germany had a similar plan too)

Historical, Pancho Villa expedition.

Nothing wrong with this, it happened.

Yes,but the ottoman army don't get in the Sinai in the time to start the ofensive!And the huge stack landing in 1914?!Don't is more realistic there landing in Dardanelles?The game is made to be historic,the germans getting destroyed in belgium don't is.And about the expediction,creat an event to USA give back the provinces to Mexico after the end of civil war.

Last edited:
I played a game as the Ottos and I did have all-cavalry corps needing 6 months to go from one province to another and Germany losing by mid 1916. The balance seems quite awful in the current version, though thankfully Austria-Hungary is no longer so stupid as to let the Italians get free pass to Vienna.

I played a game as the Ottos and I did have all-cavalry corps needing 6 months to go from one province to another and Germany losing by mid 1916. The balance seems quite awful in the current version, though thankfully Austria-Hungary is no longer so stupid as to let the Italians get free pass to Vienna.

Really,this scenario don't is so realistic,but can have a good future if the team invest in there until the 1.03 final ^^

*the germany has too low organization

This is just a number. To make up for it, they get the highest GDE in the game, which means they lose organisation a lot slower than their enemies do.

*Every time in 1933 China destroy Japan

They didn't in my game. Japan owns about half of China in 1941, and has released China-Nanking.

*UK continue with no garrisons in his beaches...

There were a ton of troops on every beach in my game. I had to drop paratroopers on Bristol (which doesn't even have a beach), then rush over a lot of troops, and the British army attacked the paratroopers from all sides and nearly made them surrender before the rest of my army arrived. It was touch and go for a bit.

This is just a number. To make up for it, they get the highest GDE in the game, which means they lose organisation a lot slower than their enemies do.

They didn't in my game. Japan owns about half of China in 1941, and has released China-Nanking.

There were a ton of troops on every beach in my game. I had to drop paratroopers on Bristol (which doesn't even have a beach), then rush over a lot of troops, and the British army attacked the paratroopers from all sides and nearly made them surrender before the rest of my army arrived. It was touch and go for a bit.

I never see Japan destroying China in 1933.You started in 1933?
Seriously?Send a print :O
In real life the german forces had very high ORG that no matter how hard they were hit they can always reorganize and strikes Again!The best that can be do is lower the GDE to realistic Number and add the organization!And with ALL the mobility doctrines researched,they continues with Low org!That was absurd!

Starting in 1943 after some months of battles,this is one nofog screenshot of UK:

desktop.png

Preparing the ships :D

Last edited:
UK really needs locked garrison on beaches like Japan now has...