• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

aasand

Captain
22 Badges
Aug 7, 2009
  • Darkest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Prison Architect
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44 -  Back to Hell
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Steel Division: Normand 44 - Second Wave
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris
  • 500k Club
Better overall, interface etc. Been playing Germany 33' and notice som odd things like China pushing Japan back right from the start. Rep Spain won after 1 month and everybody conducting heaps of spymissions against me. Even with level 10 they land successfull missons every month. Have not got the chance to try out the new combat mechanics. Also notice some minor countries stacking up all units in their capital, not spreading them out. Yunnan, etc.. Just looked at the Japan situation and they et pushed back all over the frontline. 3 to 1

Also, i cant seem to adjust time speed without going into the options.

Last edited:
- The speeches are a nice addition to the game.
- Japan loses to China harder than ever (1933 scenario). Japan has lost 970,000 men and Manchukuo 350,000 (for total of 1,320,000) while China has lost 2,000,000 and it's just september 1938.
- 1933 Germany is still too weak. Too little IC.
- The casualty statistics are, of course, pure awesome.
- Finland still doesn't have accurate elections. It's 1938 but Kyösti Kallio is just PM not President as he should.
- I never got "unemployment down to 10%" like all other nations. Instead I got the 5% event but as late as mid-1938.
- There still is relations requirement for Molotov-Ribbentrop pact (+50 for Hard/Very Hard and -50 for Normal/Easy).

Overall, I really like this patch so far :) I'm playing as Germany in 1933 and it's just a few months to war. I did use Event Cheats to give myself 10 IC though :(

Last edited:
You get speeches (in same way music plays) at key events. I've had one at Treaty of Munich, with Hitler speaking (with English translator, probably BBC broadcast) about how he wants to establish a proper airforce and such to "defend" Germany, and remarking how he is a "man of peace" having seen War with his own eyes back in the day. :p

You get speeches (in same way music plays) at key events. I've had one at Treaty of Munich, with Hitler speaking (with English translator, probably BBC broadcast) about how he wants to establish a proper airforce and such to "defend" Germany, and remarking how he is a "man of peace" having seen War with his own eyes back in the day. :p

love it!

Do you get them even with music off? :O

Republican Spain winning after just 1 month? I find that very difficult to believe.
How about partisans taking over Switzerland in 34 or Guyana in a 3 year long war against the allies who get full war economy for all those years 33 - 36. 4 smear campaigns in one month. Started up new one since Germany on hard didnt give me much IC to work with. Think ill start a 36' instead because 33 needs more balancing

Not sure if it's me doing something wrong or the patch, but I can't get any resources on autotrade with Stockpile option on. Especially money and rare materials. In 1.02 I just put rares and cash on auto-trade + stockpile and didn't have to pay much more attention there, at the moment I run out of both, with rares I can use the Ersatz decision, but with the cash I`m screwed.

How about partisans taking over Switzerland in 34 or Guyana in a 3 year long war against the allies who get full war economy for all those years 33 - 36. 4 smear campaigns in one month. Started up new one since Germany on hard didnt give me much IC to work with. Think ill start a 36' instead because 33 needs more balancing
Partisans taking over the world was one of the major bugs in DH 1.02...this seriously hasn't been fixed?

I have *NEVER* seen partisans take over the world or even significant portions of a major country in DH. You're making stuff up. It might have happened, but it is definately nothing major.

The Japan thing is truly sad, though. But for Switzerland: If the AI mobilization for that country hasn't changed and it still goes to further mobilization for no realistic reason, then I can see how that could happen.

Played Sovjet Union a bit ( 1936 )
Japan pushs china deep and hard, i think japan will win in one or two years, japan lost 1 Million men !!! and china 2 million.
No Anschluss? in November 1938 i triggered the coup in austria manual, because i did not want a game break here. Recall of Falkenhausen and Italy subscribes the com. int. pakt have triggered normal.
Rep. Spain and Nat. Spain are still at war, in 1937 it looked like nat. spain will win, but the tided has turned and now rep spain has 3/4 of spain under its controll.
germanys army looks impressiv.
new combat will be watched, when i get into combat ( soooon ). And just, WTF, Infantry 9 combat speed and tanks and mot inf. 30 ??
Doctrines: ( not seen in combat ) Germany has a GDE of 100, my sovjet will be about 50..., but i got 60-70 org and gemany has 40... will be interesting.
Airforce has been weaked, or ?
The new grafikpac: WTF Sovjet Union is PINK!! where can i change that? And brigades are shown as Nato symbols, but i liked the earlyer symbols, can i change that?

Had no Spy Problems.
And no Partisans.

The new Minister treats are quite cool.

Partisans taking over the world was one of the major bugs in DH 1.02...this seriously hasn't been fixed?

I don't know.. I suddenly saw partisans popping up in switzerland, they quickly took control over the whole country with 60% revoltstatus in all territories.. No sign of the swizz army. ( no supply, starved to death, dissent) They have full control and the allies are bombing them day and night. 2 years later nothing has changed. No chance of coup and a rebel state. I quit because the allies never took Guyana.
33'

2:1 loss ratio of China:Japan is more or less historically correct. 3:1 was the early war loss ratio due to surprise, and 2:1 was after the early war surprise wore off.

Finland still has a problem with manpower. Partial mobilization doesn't fill even half of the divisions and there is not enough IC to reinforce the rest when the war starts.

Bombers and especially CAS seem far too powerful compared to interceptors. I lost four entire Interceptor squadrons fighting some 9 unguarded bomber wings.

Last edited: