• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
So many dead horses! The devs must hate horses. :p

That's because horses are bad people:

22657_284527449626_3608871_n.jpg

The USSR just assassinated Hjalmar Schacht. But the dude is still there in my government, giving his +5% IC bonus. Maybe I should give him time off for being dead?

"A man may die, nations may rise and fall, but an idea lives on." So the ideas of Schacht on the industry lives on. :D

Omg...
Mj.Generals can now command 3 divisions???
I am never promoting anyone to Lt.General again...
Was this really necessary? =o

also, even back in 1.02, the Soviets love to assassin the Armaments minister. In fact they assassinated Speer in one of my games. Annoyed me enough to 'cheat' and reload =9

Central Plan got much better- the investment events give more than just bonuses now.

Liked the increased number of special ministers.

Stalin (Armament minister) gives a 10% reduction in cost and time for IC. Combined with hawk lobby you go from 5 cost over 365 days (1825) to 4.5 cost over 237.25 days (1068). Played around with it a little and the USSR can actually produce so much industry it starts to affect their resource stockpiles (I was autotrading, but still).

Edit- opps, 30% time reduction, not 35%. I'll need to redo math.

Last edited:
also, even back in 1.02, the Soviets love to assassin the Armaments minister. In fact they assassinated Speer in one of my games. Annoyed me enough to 'cheat' and reload =9

Yeah, that wasn't really what I was saying. Shacht got killed, but he's still alive. They even tried (and failed) to kill him again later.

Omg...
Mj.Generals can now command 3 divisions???
I am never promoting anyone to Lt.General again...
Was this really necessary? =o
I thought they were going to upgrade them to 2 (like in trp), but yes, it was necessary. Simply because mj. generals were so useless before. You couldn't even use them as a beach defense because 1 division was never enough. They were an annoying aditional pain in the ass to reorganize.

This new land doctrine system with the constantly changing GDE is really confusing X_X

For whatever reason right now I have same unit types with two different max organization numbers... same corps of cavalry includes one with /31ORG and two with /61ORG... (o.o???)
cavalryorg.jpg

This new land doctrine system with the constantly changing GDE is really confusing X_X

For whatever reason right now I have same unit types with two different max organization numbers... same corps of cavalry includes one with /31ORG and two with /61ORG... (o.o???)
cavalryorg.jpg

I've gotten this before but it was not just in 1.03. It seems to happen when you inherit another nation's units. They transfer over at current max org, and if their doctrines were weak(which they usually are) it means those units will be a little weaker. In my experience this is how it works, could be wrong, of course.

I've gotten this before but it was not just in 1.03. It seems to happen when you inherit another nation's units. They transfer over at current max org, and if their doctrines were weak(which they usually are) it means those units will be a little weaker. In my experience this is how it works, could be wrong, of course.

Are there issues with other unit stats beside the max ORG?

Just ORG as far as I can tell.
They max ORG is actually higher than its suppose to be... 30% higher in fact =o (I doubt the China minors had a +30%ORG on doctrine vs me =O)

(made a thread in bug forums)

What's this offensive/defensive vulnerability? The lesser the better, right? I just saw that 20's cav is amazing with it, while inf sucks the most

I thought the build order AIs were fixed, then realized... Germany doesn't have the tech to build most of those in this savegame. So they're script-added except... once IC costs normalize after a day the production cost of the queue comes to be 257... way higher than IC avail.
germanaibuild.jpg

Germany starting with 3 lines of ARM-1 in queue helps them a lot.

Last edited:
3/6/9/12 is most intuitive, and best for managing infantry and militia, but yes it is taking things a bit far when it comes to tanks. Tanks should be more like aircraft, a real special unit that you can't make too large groups with. I would also throw in the commando units.

3/6/9/12 ... Sorry, but this isn't mathematics :) A major general would rarely ever have commanded 3 divisions on a battlefield. I know I'm being pedantic, but there you have it. And I still don't like it...

A Major General can command 3 divisions!? I don't like that.

Nobody's forcing you to put more than one division on him. It's an arbitrary limit, after all - there's not really any reason why giving the same dude different insignias on his epaulettes make his troops fight four times as well.

Nobody's forcing you to put more than one division on him.

No, they're surely not, but it's still a shitty idea, and it feels gamey.