• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I would love to work on some events for this mod, as I said I'm busy for three weeks, but afterwards I have spare time.

I think the non-alligned set up lowers the chance of warfare which is, in effect, a neutral alliance since no one will actually attack this India-led alliance, they are virtually removed from the game as active states.

As for major battles between the powers, unfortunately there is an atlantic ocean between the main states involved.

China could be one of the best areas for forcing warfare between the states, perhaps events that lead to a civil war between the Republicans with the Imperials, and with foreign intervention events, USA, Germany, USSR, India.

These are just ideas, and if you will point the way to some tools/advise/manuals I can join in a few weeks. Of course until then all i can offer are (probably already talked about) suggestions.

Stefke said:
i always wanted to learn how to make events
give me some intructions on how to make them and i will see what i can do in the weekend and when school is finished

No problem.

The most important thing regarding events is that you don´t make syntax-errors, but even more important, no semantic-errors. The game will give you a message if you got a syntax-error, but if it´s a semantic-error the event will simply not fire.

So, step 1, the structure.

Every event has the same structure.
Code:
event = {    

id = XXXX              [COLOR=YellowGreen]ID-Nr[/COLOR]
random = no           [COLOR=YellowGreen]%-chance of firing if random, if not "no"[/COLOR]
country = (Country Tag)   

trigger = {   (trigger type)  }

[COLOR=YellowGreen]Leave this section away if the event is triggered by another one![/COLOR]

name = "bla"
desc = "bla"
style = 0
picture = "picture_name"  
[COLOR=YellowGreen]can be left away if no pic wanted,  [/COLOR]

date = { day = X month = (month name) year = XXXX }
offset = 0    
deathdate = { day = X month = (month name) year = XXXX }

[COLOR=YellowGreen]#date : when does the game engine start to check weather the trigger is true?
deathdate: when does the game engine STOP doing so
offset: the number of days between the checks.

leave these values away if the event is triggered by another event![/COLOR]

action_a = { 
name = "bla"   [COLOR=YellowGreen]# Text of action 1 [/COLOR]
ai_chance = XX   [COLOR=YellowGreen]# percentage for the ai to chose this action[/COLOR]

command = { type =  (command type) }

}

action_b = {
name = "bla" 
ai_chance = XX
command = { type = (command type) }

} 
}

For the types of triggers and commands I suggest using this
Event command page or the txt-file named "event_commands" in your event-folder

Start up with simple, independent events, then make stuff that results from single events.
DON`T START WITH HUGE COMPLEX CHAINS!
That will give your effort a death-blow.

If any questions come up, simply ask me or look up in a tutorial (for example in the hoi-wiki)

Good luck,
Black Guardian

this isn-t the best place for this post but anyway... I NEED HELP!

I play with Imperial China... I conquered Republican China mongolia and tibet, now I want to conquer Korea... but I don't want to simply DOW Korea, I create wars via events...
I made the events involving the war and the post-war peace, the post war event triggers 2-3 days after the war starts. The rest works fine. can anyone tell me what to do:

event = {
id = 567841
random = no
country = MAN

trigger = {

OR = {
AND = {
control = { province = 1393 data = MAN }
control = { province = 1391 data = MAN }
control = { province = 1376 data = MAN }
control = { province = 1199 data = MAN }
}
lost_national = { country = KOR value = 20 }
war = { country = KOR country = MAN }
}
}

name = "we have won the Korean WAR"
desc = "should we anex it all or install a puppet regime just in south of the peninsula"

date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1936 }
offset = 7 # Check for trigger conditions every seven days
deathdate = { day = 30 month = december year = 1963 }

action_a = {
name = "ACTIONNAME2627A" # Just the north and puppet
ai_chance = 98
command = { type = trigger which = 567842 } # KOR
command = { type = belligerence which = MAN value = -40 }
command = { type = relation which = GER value = 60 }
command = { type = relation which = USA value = 60 }
}
action_b = {
name = "ACTIONNAME2627B" # ALL!
ai_chance = 2
command = { type = relation which = GER value = -20 }
command = { type = relation which = USA value = -20 }
command = { type = domestic which = interventionism value = 1 }
}
}

this is the event, I-m thinking the triggers are not good :confused: please help

Lots of Lots of cool Idèes for Fatherland

I think this MOD is freaking awesome!

I just have one tiny problem:

Why doesn`t Germany controll the entire european continent?

After al, even if Germany would have won in the east, Italy would still have lost.
And Vichy France would not have been eventually given back its lands. Germany would have taken everything they could get there hands on.
After al they considerd them selfs as the masters of the world, and I don`t think they would have let there allies go on with what they had.
I think Germany should have total control over Europe and Parts of Africa and the Russia (Asian Russia).

I think the Free french country was brilliant!

When it comes to Japan I think that if the germans would have gotten the entire soviet russia, they would have planed a plan with the Japanese Empire, and helped the Japanese, but I still think the Japanese would have lost...

Can you perhaps create super weapons??
After al the germans was far ahead in there development of super weapons, I think it would be cool if we could see some cool weapons.

And how long would Hitler live?
Have you added a scenario were Hitler dies a natural death? Stalin the same?

I think it would be reall cool if you created a scenario for the U.S. were they create a special "ORDER" where they send out special forces to occupied europe and manage from time to time to kill one high ranking nazi official after the other and some times blow up important nazi programs.

And will America find out that the Germans killed lots of lots of innocent people in the camps?

I was thinking, if the Americans fianlly manages to liberate Europe, can you perhaps make a pop up where it says that they discover secret weapons and the deathcamps.

I have so many Idèes that I could write an entire book :p

I would appreciate if you guys (the creators of Fatherland) could write to me back and say what you think of this.

hollywooddirect said:
I think this MOD is freaking awesome!

After al, even if Germany would have won in the east, Italy would still have lost.
And Vichy France would not have been eventually given back its lands. Germany would have taken everything they could get there hands on.
After al they considerd them selfs as the masters of the world, and I don`t think they would have let there allies go on with what they had.
I think Germany should have total control over Europe and Parts of Africa and the Russia (Asian Russia).

I think the Free french country was brilliant!

When it comes to Japan I think that if the germans would have gotten the entire soviet russia, they would have planed a plan with the Japanese Empire, and helped the Japanese, but I still think the Japanese would have lost...

Can you perhaps create super weapons??
After al the germans was far ahead in there development of super weapons, I think it would be cool if we could see some cool weapons.

And how long would Hitler live?
Have you added a scenario were Hitler dies a natural death? Stalin the same?

I think it would be reall cool if you created a scenario for the U.S. were they create a special "ORDER" where they send out special forces to occupied europe and manage from time to time to kill one high ranking nazi official after the other and some times blow up important nazi programs.

And will America find out that the Germans killed lots of lots of innocent people in the camps?

I was thinking, if the Americans fianlly manages to liberate Europe, can you perhaps make a pop up where it says that they discover secret weapons and the deathcamps.

I have so many Idèes that I could write an entire book :p

I would appreciate if you guys (the creators of Fatherland) could write to me back and say what you think of this.
I'm certain this mod is based on the book Fatherland. That's why the map is the way it is.

Im pretty disappointed about the map.

Firstly: how the hell relations between Finland and Germany are -149? Well i guess because mod is unfinished.

Secondly: Even if it is based on some shitty book, it still makes no sense that Germany controls the "whole" eastern europe (there would be buffer states). And you can not even release the area around Moscow (Reichskommissariat Moskau ). And that area should be so called "Russia".

Thirdly: At least at first glance (i couldnt take it anymore), i didnt notice any "cool" names on German division. No ss-divisions or anything like that.. i can be wrong though.

check these:

Valtakunta (In finnish, but there are some pictures)
Map
Well the scenarios are maybe different, but anyway. I think those just make more sense anyway.
Some information..

Well, i sounded pretty critical, but in my opinion the map is not so great. After all the mod is not bad at all... but im interested about the "subject" and my umm.. views are different.

hollywooddirect said:

No offence, but you have played too much Hearts of Iron, havent you?

Last edited:
Kimppis said:
Im pretty disappointed about the map.

Firstly: how the hell relations between Finland and Germany are -149? Well i guess because mod is unfinished.

Secondly: Even if it is based on some shitty book, it still makes no sense that Germany controls the "whole" eastern europe (there would be buffer states). And you can not even release the area around Moscow (Reichskommissariat Moskau ). And that area should be so called "Russia".

Thirdly: At least at first glance (i couldnt take it anymore), i didnt notice any "cool" names on German division. No ss-divisions or anything like that.. i can be wrong though.

check these:

Valtakunta (In finnish, but there are some pictures)
Map
Well the scenarios are maybe different, but anyway. I think those just make more sense anyway.
Some information..

Well, i sounded pretty critical, but in my opinion the map is not so great. After all the mod is not bad at all... but im interested about the "subject" and my umm.. views are different.

No offense, but you have played too much Hearts of Iron, haven't you?
I already pointed that out, but the answerer is that everything was allready defined. There should be a proposed map of mine some pages back (Reply 1108).

ROMANU said:
this isn-t the best place for this post but anyway... I NEED HELP!

I play with Imperial China... I conquered Republican China mongolia and tibet, now I want to conquer Korea... but I don't want to simply DOW Korea, I create wars via events...
I made the events involving the war and the post-war peace, the post war event triggers 2-3 days after the war starts. The rest works fine. can anyone tell me what to do:

event = {
id = 567841
random = no
country = MAN

trigger = {

OR = {
AND = {
control = { province = 1393 data = MAN }
control = { province = 1391 data = MAN }
control = { province = 1376 data = MAN }
control = { province = 1199 data = MAN }
}
lost_national = { country = KOR value = 20 }
war = { country = KOR country = MAN }
}
}

name = "we have won the Korean WAR"
desc = "should we anex it all or install a puppet regime just in south of the peninsula"

date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1936 }
offset = 7 # Check for trigger conditions every seven days
deathdate = { day = 30 month = december year = 1963 }

action_a = {
name = "ACTIONNAME2627A" # Just the north and puppet
ai_chance = 98
command = { type = trigger which = 567842 } # KOR
command = { type = belligerence which = MAN value = -40 }
command = { type = relation which = GER value = 60 }
command = { type = relation which = USA value = 60 }
}
action_b = {
name = "ACTIONNAME2627B" # ALL!
ai_chance = 2
command = { type = relation which = GER value = -20 }
command = { type = relation which = USA value = -20 }
command = { type = domestic which = interventionism value = 1 }
}
}

this is the event, I-m thinking the triggers are not good :confused: please help

Are you sure that the OR = {...} is correct? Because, the way it now is, it will just trigger as soon as you are at war with Korea.

By the way, I also made an event chain for a Korean war (actually I modified the Primorsk event chain for Korea), and it works all right.
And I made an event chain for CHI they defeat both Russia and SOV. The events reunite Russia, SOV and Turkestan into a Chinese puppet state.
IMO I think there are too few events for CHI/MAN, because when one of them unites China, China can become a major power, and China's interesting to play.

So, if anyone is interested, I could post them. Just tell me where (IIRC this mod has an own forum, right?)

For some reason my game keeps crashing around may 1948

edit: it says C:\DOCUME~1\Alex\LOCALS~1\Temp\3ae5_appcompat.txt is the problem

ROMANU said:
ya, the game crashes in april-may 1948 but arter a reload there's no problem...

What do you mean by reload? Opening the game up again? because every time i do that it keeps crashing anyway

Last edited:
USA and the 'business plot'

Hi, I like the idea of your mod and had an idea which you may be interested in regrading the USA:

"The Business Plot (also known as the Plot Against FDR or the White House Putsch) was a political conspiracy in 1933 where several wealthy businessmen and corporations planned to overthrow the presidency of Franklin D. Roosevelt.

Details of the plot came to light in early 1934, when retired Marine Corps Major General Smedley Butler testified before the McCormack-Dickstein Congressional Committee.[1] In his testimony, Butler claimed that a group of men had approached him as part of a plot to overthrow Roosevelt in a military coup. One of the alleged plotters, Gerald MacGuire, vehemently denied any such plot. In their final report, the Congressional committee supported Butler's allegations of the existence of the plot,[2] but no prosecutions or further investigations followed, and the matter was mostly forgotten.

Major General Butler claimed that the American Liberty League was the plot's primary source of funding. The main backers were the Du Pont family, as well as leaders of U.S. Steel, General Motors, Standard Oil, Chase National Bank, and Goodyear Tire and Rubber Company."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Business_Plot

I think it would be interesting for your alt_hist mod to incorporate this, primarily because there were no charges ever laid against the conspirators in 1934 and the logic that following axis victory in Europe it would have made a fascist coup in the USA much more likely, given the infuential people involved in the conspiracy especially with added heavy axis backing they no doubt would have recieved later.
On another note it may be of interest one of the said conspirators of the conspiracy was none other than Prescott Bush, the current president's grandfather ;)

Problem with that is as with reality there would then be no cold war or challenge to the game. They could remain hostile/tense perhaps, but with Russia subjugated and America fascist, what is left? ;)

Ostheim said:
Problem with that is as with reality there would then be no cold war or challenge to the game. They could remain hostile/tense perhaps, but with Russia subjugated and America fascist, what is left? ;)

Good point :) To answer, I think it would be interesting if:
1. The fascist coup causes the csa and california and a third powerblock of states (midwest?) to break away from the union and a civil war ensues.
2. One of the break away nations is communist, there were many notable communists at the time in the USA, of note James Patrick Cannon. Also of interest Trotsky, the Communist leader in exile was in Mexico from 1938 until 1940 the year he was assassinated. The story could follow the Communist midwest calls on Trotsky to lead them.
3. The Communist midwest led by Trotsky & Cannon prevails in the civil war.
4. Ironically the cold war would now have the USA as Communists :eek:

I would be interested in joining the modding team. I need a bit more experience though. So far I'm able to get a few independent events to work and I made a single chain once to make TRP a little more "interesting." I can pick out some music for the mod as an addon too as I am a musician ;). Not to mention it's summer and I don't go to college till the fall, and I'm taking mainly electoral classes, ie fencing, graphic design, Music, and Archery maybe lol. All in all I've got way too much time on my hands and I can help you with some things, at least ideas for events. I'm going to download and play the mod first though, as well as read the book "Fatherland" as the book store near my house actually has a copy I believe. I was going to check it out before but I didn't really look into it before now.

I am no longer really involved in this mod, so its not really up to me to answer.

I am quite sad to say that the new person responsible of this is probably too busy and gave up because he was alone (I did the same). :(

Pzt_Dragoon47: Your help will be most welcome if the leader of the project (Black Guardian) is still interested. Maybe contact him via PM.

If you get a negative answer, no answer or you finally don't want to work on this mod, but you would like to work on something, im alone for my other mod, and any help would be welcome. See my signature if you are interested.

nigo: did you really tried it in MP? I don't know if its has enough stability to allow this...

I can't say anything for a new version, but if it ever come it won't be tomorrow.

Hi,

I'd like to know if this mod is still in development. If it isn't, may I use your most excellent mod as a base for further modifications to it and of course, fully credit you for all your hard work with this mod, if I manage to create something considered playable?

The reason I'd like to do my own modifications is because of me reading and re-reading the book several times and there are certain stuff I'd like to include in the mod as well as remove other things and in the end, my goal is to write an AAR.

Best wishes,

RVLTN

To all viewing this thread. I've heard from the original developer that this mod is dead. Would offer to continue development under the following conditions:
1) Conversion to Armageddon
2) Use the new Armageddon tags (I'll do the events conversion--it's just a matter of using notepad and replace-all)
3) Only do events, ministers, leaders and tech teams. Do not try to rework the tech tree.
4) People helping me.
If the following is done this would make the game playable to the end of 1963 without a patched executable. This would probably stop the crashes, and the only thing that would still cause crashing would be badly written events, which can be isolated and eliminated.
If "flag = fatherland" or an initiating event is added to trigger conditions this could fit into an overall cold war mod, so that certain events would only fire if the cold war was between Germany and the USA.
The overall idea would be a cold war mod of USA vs either USSR or Germany and it could fit into the overall scheme of Armageddon.
If interested please visit me on my New revolters thread.
Ultimately this could turn into a 1948 scenario selectable from the menu.

Last edited:
If you want it nomonhan this mod (all its content) is yours. Neither me or Black Guardian are really interested into continuing it and you are probably the most able person to continue it. The best would be to post a 'modders needed' recruitment thread so you can gather peoples to help you.