• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I've been playing Fatherland on Armageddon since i started.

The main problem being that brigade attacements don't sho up properly as icons (just install it and see them with a gap inbetween them, meaing you have to put the cursour over).

It works but there are some bugs.

To be fair the 1948 scen is excellent in how it's set up (except for the fact that there's a Non-Alligned alliance, which makes no sense to me), and that it's unusally peaceful in my experience.

There are an awful lot of triggers for what may happen if war breaks out between nations, but few if any to actually start these wars in the first place...

I've spent quite a bit of time making some triggers for the Chinnesse civil war in my own game (with the aim of making China the new Spain in terms of its internal conflict and problems. (Along with numerous intervention options including Soviet, American and German). If anyone's interested i could post them.

Dnomal said:
To be fair the 1948 scen is excellent in how it's set up (except for the fact that there's a Non-Alligned alliance, which makes no sense to me), and that it's unusally peaceful in my experience.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non-Aligned_Movement
¨
I think it was supposed to be for nations who refused to pick a side in the cold war, and to be a balance and peacemaker between the both superpowers.

Dnomal said:
I've spent quite a bit of time making some triggers for the Chinnesse civil war in my own game (with the aim of making China the new Spain in terms of its internal conflict and problems. (Along with numerous intervention options including Soviet, American and German). If anyone's interested i could post them.

You should suggest them here:
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?t=367474&page=2

coolguy684 said:
is this mod still barely playable/extremely prone to CTD? and what of the status of the "new" fatherland mod?
i tryed it and a got a ctd after a few months.

The link to the new fatherland is in my sig. (Edited 10-3-08)
Status--tech tree is complete and released for stand-alone evaluation. When the tech tree passes muster, I'll add the events and you should get a working mod. It should be more exciting than the original because I plan on two scenarios--
1) the original where Germany has already won
2) a "war in progress scenario" (currently a 44 scenario hack) where Germany has forced Britain out of the war and into puppetry, and exacted Bitter Peace from the Soviets, but the US, Free France, and the major Commonwealth Allies fight on.

Please direct commentaries on the political aspects of Fatherland to the recruitment thread and comments on the technology tree to the Cold War Tech Tree Extension thread.

Last edited:
Is This Mod Dead?
The original is not being developed any more. I've taken over and it is now part of my Cold War Project. It took about 3 months to perfect the technology tree, and it will take some additional time to straighten out the order of battle. Download the Cold War project and look at the scenario. I expect to have 0.19 out soon with a minor technology tree tweak, some needed AI files, and order of battle for several additional countries (at least Spain, Portugal and Brazil and possibly others)
Take a look and respond if you think Germany should have some additional allies.

The download link and forum link are in my sig.
The new version is MUCH less prone to CTD!

Will this mod switch over to AoD? It extends the techs to '64 and at least appears to have fixed many of the things in DDA.

at 15 may 1950 at o.oo the game time stops running i still can do everything, saving tooked longer than 3 hours so i turned then the computer off. what to do that the time runs again?

I've recently downloaded and played the mod. It's amazing. But I downloaded it for Doomsday and the readme mentioned needing a no time limit patch. I've yet to locate one. Anyone know where I can get one and if it would work with any mod/saved game?

Thanks for any help I appreciate it!