• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Merlowe: The germans are being pushed back throughout the front.. '42 summer was a disaster. Im glad they didnt get encircled.

The Balbinater: All true.. failing to take Sicily was a disgrace. But at least we traded Malta for it, that makes up, right? No :(

Carlito Gambino: Going through the Caucasus would take a lot of time, since I only have mech/mot/tanks in the middle east.

Rommel22: Sicily is lost. Only marines could take the shores fast enough, but I dont have them .

thatguy: Theres no beach in Gibraltar, I dont have paratroops, wont betray an old friend.. no gibraltar for me.

Fernando Torres: "Comedy in Flames" I like it :)

Ladislav: Thanks!

trekaddict: Treachery is not the way of fascists!

I played to 1943, will update as soon as some inspiration hits.

Great AAR,simply love it.

Gibraltar is the key of victory in mediterranean sea.Must focus on your paratroopers and marines.Create submarines,they will be useful if you take over Gibraltar,you can destroy enemy convoys in Atlantic.
Use some of your tactical bombers to help germany.Better than nothing.

Bah, crush Franco the Traitor! Annex Nat. Spain (I mean reclaim the province of Hispania) and take Gibraltar. USA and the British will lose everything they have in the Mediterranean.

Poison for the Drinking

1942 had been a misleading year. We had crushed the british in Egypt, yet failed at our own backdoor. The germans had pushed into Russia, but were pushed right back.

Persia was cleared of any supplies left, unfortunately there wasnt as much as we hoped.

42a1.jpg

The british "democratic" coup had leeched the once mighty persians clean.

Persia wasnt worth any more of our time. The mobile armies were ordered to return home.. with only a small task to fulfill on the way: Loot all of Arabia. We need those supplies more than they.

As was expected, the russians couldent hold themselves back.

42c4.jpg

Land was there for the taking.. who cares about the "legal owner?"

In the european theater they had understood that if they were to vanquish the axis beast.

42c6.jpg

They had to cut off its head.

42b8.jpg

The germans desperately try to aid their minor ally.

42c5.jpg

They split up

42d3.jpg

And succeed! All the russian armies in Finland and Estonia are cut off! This should save the finns, at least for the winter.

But will the soviets stand for this?

42c7.jpg

No, they thurst into Lithuania!

42e2.jpg

Yet there too they are surrounded!

42f1.jpg

During this time the Italian expeditionary force arrives in Odessa.

Mostly inftantry divisions, but also some motorized, mechanized and armored - they will have an effect on this war.

It would be reasonable to send them south, where the battles are lighter and land is still taken.

42f2.jpg

But Mussolini wants to help where its most needed - in the cold, brutally cold north. Chills run down his back, just thinking of the unforgiving russian winter. Or was there too much ice in his lemonade?

42i2.jpg

They do need us.

Elsewhere.. Ethiopia still hasnt been defeated.

42d5.jpg

Vercellino addresses his troops before battle: "They say this army is not like the one we destroyed years back. They say the french have trained it. But what have those ethiopians been tought then?"
He looks at his weary men.
"The art of.. baking a baguette?"
(laughs all around)
"The doctrine of.. eating croissant without getting crumbs all over you?"
(laughs all around)
"The discpline of.. french kissing?"
(everyone feels uncomfortable)

In Arabia

42e1.jpg

the saudis learn that it is the will of Allah that italian moto/mechanized divisions crush them.

And then happens what we always new would.

42f6.jpg

The French betray us.

42f7.jpg

What still remains of our Sicilian reconquest army will have to deal with it.

However.. they are interjected by sea.

42g3.jpg

The allied navies have learned new doctrines that involve not letting the enemy slip away.

42g5.jpg

Fortunately the divisions on board werent destroyed.

42g8.jpg

Americans! They dare step on our holy land!

42j2.jpg

Destroy our navy!

a.jpg

Bomb our industry to smithereens!

Oh, '42 is the year we learn to despise the americans.

42h9.jpg

While the britons, not wanting to loose everything to the soviets, land on Cyprus. The battle lasts through fall, christmas, new years eve.. Yes, the british learn how much we love the island.

Meanwhile our first battle in the Eastern Europe:

42j3.jpg

Axis forces, led by a romanian general, are bleeding bad.

42j5.jpg

That is until italians arrive!

"The art of.. baking a baguette?"
(laughs all around)
"The doctrine of.. eating croissant without getting crumbs all over you?"
(laughs all around)
"The discpline of.. french kissing?"
(everyone feels uncomfortable)

Awesome ! :rofl:

Another great update. So, the US forces are threatening the motherland, uh ?

Actually, it'd be so hilarious if the allies now break out of Sicily and start rampaging in mainland Italy :p

But good luck though, the SU is going strong.

oh no!

Lord_D said:
Actually, it'd be so hilarious if the allies now break out of Sicily and start rampaging in mainland Italy

this is disastrous! time to pack my bags and flee italy.

we are spread too thin! recall some of those troops from the middle east, and quick. set up defensive zones and prepared fall-back positions.

if we couldn't dislodge the brits (and the belgians! OMG) from sicily, then serious danger is soon to happen with the americans getting there.

ohhhh noooooooooo!

bal

The Balbinater said:
if we couldn't dislodge the brits (and the belgians! OMG) from sicily, then serious danger is soon to happen with the americans getting there.

Is that a joke or did your really see Belgians on it? :eek:o

*starts checking the screenshots*

yep

Lord_D said:
Is that a joke or did your really see Belgians on it? :eek:o

*starts checking the screenshots*

check post 88. i was stunned by it then and still am!

that's when i knew we were in trouble )))

bal

Interesting progress.

You really need to do something though.

What I have no idea, just something.

Alright you're in trouble now. I still suggest that you make plans to invade Gibraltar and cut those Brits off in Sicily. It seems the only possible thing to do right now. An invasion is out of the question.

The Balbinater said:
check post 88. i was stunned by it then and still am!

that's when i knew we were in trouble )))

bal

It's true! :eek:

An entire Belgian division being led by the almighty commander Pire.

Well I never heard of him, but 'pire' is french for 'worse' :D

The Arrival

1943 opens with excellent news.

42East0.jpg

The finns have defeated the russians!

42East2.jpg

Almost.

42East3.jpg

Before february is over theyve become best friends with Stalin.

This is the first serious blow dealt to the axis.

In the Byelorussian-Lithuanian-Polish border area Stalin wishes to find out what these newcomers are made of.

42East4-1.jpg

The soviet general anwsers him with one word: Steel.

As the snow melts Graziani begins an offensive.

42East5.jpg

But he is annoyed that everywhere he tries to go, russians amass a ridiculously large force.

42East6.jpg

No luck.

Graziani suffers from depression. He isnt able to lead more than 18 divisions without ending in a bloodbath. With all the germans, hungarians, romanians, bulgarians, slovakians, croatians.. the man cant concentrate! Back in the desert he was famous, when his assaults were on the way everyone held their breath. Now he is nobody. Should he succeed, no one will care. Would anyone notice if he was killed?

42East7.jpg

We pull out from the north, with Mussolinis blessing. Having to reinforce divisions just for sitting there was annoying him like hell.

And in the south we fare much better.

AAASA-1.jpg

We close on Stalingrad!

42East9-1.jpg

And italians are instrumental in defeating a large soviet army!

42East20.jpg

And our tanks push further into the caucasus. Yes, this is madness, should we meet resistance our tank would be blowing up by the dozens. But the soviet caucasus army seems to be somewhere else...

In the Mediterranean

assssssssa.jpg

One of our fleets tries to move from Sardinia to Venice. On their way they are pummeled by 3 different navies, bombed throughout the way. When they reach Taranto they are just burning heaps of trash.

The american strategy is obviously to sink all our ships so we cant get our desert armies to defend the peninsula.

Mussolini likes this.

Alg5.jpg

Yes, they are so cowardly, they fear our armies so!

Alg6.jpg

Hah, a diversion - the oldest trick in the book.

Pintor continues the offensive, two more hours and the americans will be beaten!

Until...

Alga1-2.jpg

German forces mutiny, they will no longer accept our commands..

Alga3.jpg

It will take months for infantry from Tripoli to arrive! But the men hold out.

Alga4-1.jpg

And were saved! By the germans! And we make up right away, they will once more accept our orders!

All are put on trains and transported to Tunisia.

Alga5.jpg

But what are we doing here? We cannot defeat this US army. We cannot get reinforcements from Arabia. Cant get home and cant just hold the allies back until our allies win in the east.

No. A fatal desicion is made. North-Africa is to be abandoned. Yes, this land, which cost us so much sweat, in which we bled, oh how much adrenaline was burned, how much soup eaten - now it is given away without a fight.

All are sent to Arabia, to connect with the army in the caucasus.

R2.jpg

The soviets are making large investments to get this land. We must push them out, every last one of them.

Meanwhile whats left of the british army tries to take crete after cyprus.

R1.jpg

We are not fooled the second time.

Rab9.jpg

But our german allies (who were not left behind of course) refuse to take our gas. "Nein, nein, nur deutsche benzin is richtig für unsere panzern." As they push their tanks onward..

So we let them go. "Yes, youre free, go where you please. We will not accept these kind of insults."

And so they decide theyre with us. No, with us, totally.

Raba2.jpg

Himmler himself swears allegiance, flies our flag, promises to learn the language in two months.

Raba4.jpg

The soviets think if they have enough men and machines they can do anything. Well our troops show them what experience and organization means.

Raba6.jpg

Lt. Gen. Meyer, a looser in the Wehrmact - now one of The Three (tank commanders) of Italy!

Raba7.jpg

Himmler brushes aside overwhelming bolševik hordes.

Raba8.jpg

Our plan is a sketchy one. We should attack where they are weak.. and surrounded them.. maybe.

Raba9.jpg

But due to a organizational mishap our motorized elite moves away before enough infatry can take their place.

This is but an annoyance,

Rabak2.jpg

yet were forced to abandon Kuweit still.

Rabak3.jpg

When italian minded iraqis rebel to support our invasion we have no choice but to brake through and.. uh.. fight them.

Fernando Torres: The peninsula is in constant danger, but Ive spammed some infantry to secure it. Manpower is down to 500 but Im think there are some 30 divisions through italy-jugoslavia-greece now.

Roman_legion: Im going to take it, abandon it and push to Moscow.

The Balbinater: Our fresh divisions with incompetent officers will have to hold the motherland. The seas are too dangerous.

Lord_D: Without belgian support the allied war effort wouldve long ago collapsed! Id prefer if they were in Congo :/

Maj. von Mauser: I shouldve kept my cool.. let the germans bleed, take out the americans in algeria. First major mistake.

Carlito Gambino: After weve defeated the soviets and pushing the americans to the sea.. if by then Franco is still being a jerk, Ill take Gibraltar.

This AAR is become very interesting... fighting the USSR all over the place and now the USA is showing up in africa...

Whats the status of your army? and your MP?

Are you really letting the entire North Africa be overrun or will you hold on to a part of it?

I foresee a shadow in the future of the Axis now that it has lost it's most important member Finland...