• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Capture Gibraltar now :D

That would cut off the Brits and their Allies in Sicily from supplies. Once I destroyed about 150+ divisions in the Mediterranean theatre this way. I was playing Germany though ;)

The Blinding Light

The sun had finally risen over the Italian nation. Mussolini was proud, being called Il Duce was not enough anymore, he was now Emperor.

Congratulations from Germany arrive, along with more great news:

Ni0.jpg

Leningrad, the previous capitol of Russia had been cut off.

We push deeper into Arabia and annex Iraq.

Ni2.jpg

Some hardcore british loyalists resist, but are subsequently destroyed.

And we enter Eritrea, which the british imperial scum have handed over to the vile ethiopians. "What next?" asks the Italian press, "Somalia? Sudan? Malta?"

Ni1.jpg

Our siamese friends can return with even better news than which with they arrived. To save the japanese of the trouble of deciphering, Mussolini tears a British flag apart and tells them to give it to Hirohito. "Hirohito" was the only word the siamese sailors understood.

But just as life is becoming good, Mussolinis lunch is disrupted by horrible news:

Ni3.jpg

Army Group Center is in chaos!

Ni4.jpg

The finns are pushed back!

Ni5.jpg

Estonia being cut off!

Niii3.jpg

And the crimean force reconnecting..

All the while

Ni6.jpg

The americans are making their presence felt by constant air raids.

Our allies need those 16 divisions still vacationing! Mussolini orders Sicily be taken right now, but Graziani demands more time.

Ni9.jpg

Seeing as Malta is lightly defended it will make do as a prologue.

Nii2.jpg

Its garrison is easily crushed.

Nii3.jpg

Some liberians swim to the island and cause trouble, but they are no match for the alpini.

At the same time..

Nii0.jpg

Our army in Ethiopia is having trouble.

Nii1.jpg

yet we keep our calm.

Niiii0.jpg

We begin taking Addis Abada a second time.

Niiii1.jpg

But this is not the same Ethiopian army we defeated 6 years ago.. Trained and led by french officers, specially for mountain warfare.. it will not be as easy as we hoped.

Our excursion in Persia melts down

Nii4.jpg

as soviets make it clear, that they do not like us messing at their bordres.

And the germans tell us

Nii5.jpg

Estonia is lost! At least they werent surrounded, but this puts Finland in a very dangerous position.

Mussolini can wait no longer. Grazianis protests are heard no more. He will begin the operation or we will find someone else.

Nii7.jpg

And so Grazianis starts. His troops are not fully ready, he lacks staff for a properly organized asssault.

Nii8.jpg

Alpini storm the beaches without air support, as our pilots bomb the wrong beach.

Niii0.jpg

Graziani suffers tremendous casualties.

Niii1.jpg

And to make matters even worse the US airforce shows us what it can do.

Our invasion was a total failure. Mussolini would have Graziani court marshalled, had he not signed all the orderes as "Emperor Mussolini"

Niii2.jpg

exhausted soldiers,

Niii4.jpg

exhausted pilots.

Alipini bravely continue their landing

Niii5.jpg

with support from surviving bombers.

Niii6.jpg

But as we expected, they bring reinforcements and it is hopeless.

Persia is annexed

Niii8.jpg

Yet it does not seem worth it. The Middle-East offers some oil, which we have stockpiles of. Holding it is a strain on our army and supply lines. Should the soviets take land previously owned by the allies.. this might cause friction between them.

Things do not look good.

Last edited:
Carlito Gambino: Hopefully the green US army well be no match for our experienced infantry.

CyrusSpitama: Doublethanks. But you should pay more attention to my aar.. then, maybe your Italy would flourish like mine. ;)

Cpt Rossi: I think Ill send half of my army to Byelorussia.. they need it.

Winner: No gibraltar unless Franco changes his mind.

this

is terrible. a national shame. losing sicily might very well cost us our homeland and the war!!!

persia is no compensation for the loss of the greatest unsinkable air carrier in the med...

bal

Persia's a tough one to defend due to its terrain and all. Considering you have tons of oil, it doesn't really serve a useful purpose. But, I would seriously consider moving troops through the Caucasus to hit the USSR from behind. Let's hope the Germans attack the Eastern Front again, and that way you'll hit 'em from two sides. The priority is still Sicily I suppose, right?

Great AAR what a nail biter. I hope you can evict the allies from siciliy, and Germany transfers those 17 divisions to the east to stem the red tide. It looks like Germany is on the retreat, hopefully the Ruskies don't come knocking at your border soon.

thatguy said:
Gibraltar, take it. Brits in Sicily will then die due to a lack of supplies.

Gibraltar doesn't have a beach IIRC. And so the only way he can take it aside from paratroopers launched in Algeria or Morocco is when Franco joins the Axis, and then it goes to Spain.

Fernando Torres said:
I disrecommand you to attack Spain. You would have a lot of beaches to hold.
Otherwise, great updates again. :)
This is Comedy in Flames. :p

Say, does Gib have a beach or not?

Fernando Torres said:
I disrecommand you to attack Spain. You would have a lot of beaches to hold.
Otherwise, great updates again. :)
This is Comedy in Flames. :p

If you leave Portugal as a buffer state and hold suez and gibraltar then there'll only be a total of about 3 beaches the Brits will have access to.

trekaddict said:
Say, does Gib have a beach or not?

it does not. at least in vanilla. unless spain are in the war one way or another it's the only reason i build paratroopers.

BritishImperial said:
it does not. at least in vanilla. unless spain are in the war one way or another it's the only reason i build paratroopers.

I am not sure there is one in WiF either, that was why I asked. I normally simply attack Spain. :D

does this mod give a port to dunkirk? it constantly pisses me off when i see it doesnt even have a little fishing dock. where do you think loads of british blokes escaped from in 1940? they didnt all come off the beach.