• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
OK sorry for the delays. Here is the link to the conversion which is crashing. There are no movie or music files in this version to save download size.
http://www.gamefront.com/files/20329188/FODD_2.0_beta01.exe

Any help that anyone can give me to isolate and fix the DH crash is very much appreciated.

Cheers,
Sword

Hey buddy I hope you will be able to get it figured out. The DH team helped us with some problems we were having with RDD and I am sure they will be able to help you also. Your Mod of course is a bit unique so it may be a bit tricky to find the snag. Your Mod has always been one of my favorites and I look forward to being able to play it on DH soon.
d :)

OK sorry for the delays. Here is the link to the conversion which is crashing. There are no movie or music files in this version to save download size.
http://www.gamefront.com/files/20329188/FODD_2.0_beta01.exe

Any help that anyone can give me to isolate and fix the DH crash is very much appreciated.

Cheers,
Sword

The most obvious problems:
1. You're using misc.txt from Armageddon ;). Delete this file or use one in DH format.
2. You have a typo in leaders.txt: GER.cav instead of GER.csv
3. There are two wrong triggers in Vault_City.txt: intel_diff = POR on lines #51 and #82

Fixing the above issues allows loading of the game as seen on the attached screen-shot, but there are still many minor errors (the list and the logs are posted to the thread on DH dev. board) I found in the advanced Darkest Hour logs that you should address too :)

EDIT:
Great mod by the way! :)

Last edited:
This mod is gonna be fantastic!

For some reason, when I try to play, it tells me that the minister loyalty values are missing. But when I check, everything looks fine to me. Puzzling.

Last edited:
Will the mod make the game slower somehow? Surprisingly, during the two hours in DHFull and ten minutes of Kaiserreich the gameplay was smooth and really quick. It was quite a disappointment when on another map, not the default one, the game was really slow. Dont know if this is because of the map, but might as well ask ;3

The speed improvements that are maprelated in dh should only show in late game with lots of units.
Most slowdowns are caused by badly written events, as I don't know which other map you tried, I can't really give a qualified comment on why it was slow, but I didn't see anything in Fallout that would let me expect a slow game.

Well I am making good progress now. I believe I have fixed the crash bugs but have uncovered another problem with missing text strings. I going through the text files and carefully merging the mod's custom text with DH. While doing that, I have made adhoc play balance changes and implemented small points from the feedback posted on the Terranova forums.

Can anyone tell me what exactly \config\mods.csv does? I believe it should contain custom mod text, but if I place customised text from files like doomsdaytext.csv in there, will it override the text from the base game file as intended?

Cheers,
Sword

Ideally you should add to Mods\Your Mod Folder\config\mods.csv ALL your mod specific strings and keep changes to other text files to the very minimum as those could be subjects of changes in patches and you'll have to do updates after every patch that does so.

If there is a string with the same name in more then one file, then only one of the strings will be available, but which one is more or less random, so your should not rely on that and should avoid having strings with the same name loaded.